生活英语听力文章 第98期:手机礼仪知多少?(2)(在线收听

 3.When traveling with others in a car  3.和他人开车旅行时。

When you’re spending time with people in a car, give them your full attention.  在与他人的驾驶旅行过程中,你应该给予别人足够的重视。
Once again there will always be exceptions, but the key is to make them exceptions and not the general rule. 再重申一次,例外是无法避免的,关键是要具体问题具体对待。
4.While driving, period 4.开车时。
If you find it hard to talk on the phone and focus on driving at the same time, then avoid talking on the phone in your car.  若你觉得开车打电话会分散注意力,那就避免驾驶时通话。
If an important call does come in, pull over. 如果打进来的电话很重要,那就把车停好了再接。
 I hope it goes without saying that we should never check and respond to e-mails nor send or answer text messages while driving. 希望大家都明白一个不言而喻的道理:开车时不要查收和回复邮件,也不要发短信。
 The fatality statistics due to distracted driving are staggering. 据统计,由于不专心驾驶而出现的致命性交通事故之数量是很惊人的。
5.While at work 5.上班时。
If you are using your cell phone for personal matters during the time you are being paid to do your job, you are stealing from your employer.  如果你在上班时间用手机处理私事,那你就是在钻老板的空子,
When you steal from your employer, not only will others lose respect for you, but also you will likely lose respect for yourself.  这样做不仅会失去别人的尊重,也可能你自己都瞧不起自己。
After all, how can you respect yourself when you are doing things you shouldn’t be doing?  毕竟如果你在做不应该做的事情时,你怎么能赢得自己的尊重呢?
If there are personal calls, texts and e-mails that must be returned during your workday, do so during your break or lunch hour. 如果上班时间接到非回不可的私人电话或短信,那就等到休息或午餐时再回复对方。
6.During meetings 6.在会议上。
When you attend a meeting or share a meal with someone, put your phone on silent mode. Or even better, leave it in the car. 参加会议和与别人共进晚餐时,把手机调为静音,放在车里更好。
 Also, don’t text or e-mail during the meeting. 当然,也不要在这过程中收发邮件或短信。
 Even though your phone may not make sounds, your eyes and attention are diverted from the other people in attendance. 即使你的手机没有静音模式,你也应该把注意力放在出席会议或晚宴的人,
 Your lack of attention to them demonstrates disrespect. 如若不然,就会被视为对别人不尊敬。
 Besides, how can you concentrate on the discussion when you are typing or reading messages? 此外,你在打字或读短信时怎么能把注意力放在讨论上呢?
7.When spending time with your friends 7.和朋友在一起时。
If you’re like me, you probably don’t have a lot of time to spend with your friends. 如果你跟我一样,可能不会有太多时间和朋友在一起,
 So when you are together, why wouldn’t you give them your undivided attention?  所以当好不容易聚到一起时,何不将精力集中在相聚上呢?
When I am out socially, you will very seldom see me with my phone. 我外出参加社交活动时很少会用电话,
 I want to thoroughly enjoy my experience and show respect for those who chose to spend time with me. 因为我想全心享受到每一次的经历,并对那些愿意花时间见我的人表示尊重。
Here is one of the biggest take-a-ways of today’s lesson. Don’t let your cell phone become an addiction. Learn to control the times when it is used. 本课中最关键的信息之一是:不要沉迷于手机,学会适时适度使用手机。
 Fifteen years ago none of us had cell phones and we lived our lives just fine. 十五年前我们都没有手机不也一样生活得很好吗?
 If it’s a true emergency, we all know how to call 911.  如果真的遇到急事,我们都知道如何拨打911报警电话。
Most things can wait until the time when it is appropriate to take the call or respond to the e-mail or text. 大多事情都可以等到合适时再打电话或回邮件和短信。
 If you follow my recommendations, your world will become more enjoyable, your time management skills will improve and the people around you will feel more valued. 如果你听从我的建议,你的生活会更惬意,还能提高你的时间管理水平,你周围的人也会有被更加重视的感觉。
One of the fastest ways to lose a person’s respect is to not value their time. 最容易让别人失去对你的尊重的方法就是不重视他们的时间。
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/shyytlwz/442625.html