英语听书《海底两万里》第561期 第35章 尼摩船长的最后几句话(8)(在线收听

 I closed my eyes. I no longer wanted to think. 我闭上眼睛,我不愿意再想下去了。

A half hour still to wait! 还有半个小时的等待!
A half hour of nightmares that could drive me insane! 半个小时使我发疯的恶梦!
Just then I heard indistinct chords from the organ, melancholy harmonies from some undefinable hymn,   这时,我听到了一阵朦胧的管风琴协奏声,那是一种难以形容的绝唱的哀乐,
actual pleadings from a soul trying to sever its earthly ties. 是一颗与世隔绝的心灵的真正哀怨。
I listened with all my senses at once, barely breathing, 我屏住气,全神贯注地聆听着,
immersed like Captain Nemo in this musical trance that was drawing him beyond the bounds of this world. 像尼摩船长一样沉浸在这把他带离尘世之外的恍惚的乐声中。
Then a sudden thought terrified me. 突然,一种想法把我吓坏了:
Captain Nemo had left his stateroom. 尼摩船长离开了他的房间。
He was in the same lounge I had to cross in order to escape.  我仿佛看到他走到了我逃跑必经的客厅里,
There I would encounter him one last time. 在那里,我最后一次碰到了他。
He would see me, perhaps speak to me!  他看着我,他可能会跟我说话!
One gesture from him could obliterate me, a single word shackle me to his vessel! 而且他的一个手势就可能毁了我,他的一句话,就会把我拴在他的船上!
Even so, ten o'clock was about to strike. 然而,10点的钟声敲响了。
It was time to leave my stateroom and rejoin my companions. 我离开房间,与同伴会合的时刻到了。
I dared not hesitate, even if Captain Nemo stood before me. 这时,就是尼摩船长站在我面前,也没什么可犹豫了。
I opened the door cautiously, but as it swung on its hinges, it seemed to make a frightful noise. 尽管我小心翼翼地打开了房门,我还是觉得我转动门链时发出了吓人的声响。
This noise existed, perhaps, only in my imagination! 这个声音可能只存在于我的想象中吧!
I crept forward through the Nautilus's dark gangways, pausing after each step to curb the pounding of my heart. 我猫着腰穿过“鹦鹉螺号”船上黑暗的过道,我每走一步就停一下,以让我的心跳平息一下。
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/hdlwl/442649.html