英语PK台 第264期:停不下来的冲动焦虑(在线收听

   Dialogue 1

  Jingjing: Hey! Quit biting your nails! That's a bad habit!
  京晶:嘿,别啃你的手指甲啦,这是个坏习惯。
  Xiao Gao: It's a bad habit, I've done it since I was a kid.
  小高:我知道这是个坏习惯,但是我从小就这么干了。
  Jingjing: Sounds like you got OCD, do you do it a lot?
  京晶:听起来你有强迫症啊?你经常会这样吗?
  Xiao Gao: Yeah, pretty often. Do you ever tweak out about things like that?
  小高:是,挺经常的,你有没有一些类似的事情让你焦虑的?
  Jingjing: Sometimes when I'm about to put my earbuds in to listen to music, I always have to make sure that the R and L are in the correct ear.
  京晶:有时当我要带塞入式耳机听音乐的时候,我总是得确定左边和右边没带反。
  Xiao Gao: Ohh, you know what else drives me nuts? After I set the alarm at night to wake me up in the morning, I gotta check again like 5 minutes later to make sure I actually set it.
  小高:哦,你知道还有事什么让我抓狂吗?当我在睡觉前设定好第二天早上的闹钟之后,五分钟后我肯定要再次确认一下我到底有没有上好。
  Jingjing: Yeah, sometimes I have to make sure over and over that I locked the door at night before I sleep.
  京晶:是,有时在睡觉之前,我要反复确认门有没有锁好。
  Xiao Gao: I can't stand it when someone doesn't completely clean the blackboard in school. I'll feel really weird in class and keep looking at.
  小高:我还不能忍受学校的黑板没有被完全擦干净,这样的话上课的时候我会觉得很奇怪,并且要一直盯着黑板看。
  Jingjing: I remember when I was going to school and our test grades would be out for us to look at, I would never go and see my score.
  京晶:我记得我在上学的时候,学校会把考试成绩公布出来。我从不会过去看我的分数。
  Xiao Gao: Sounds like we're both a little OCD. Hey, what does OCD stand for anyway?
  小高:听起来我们都有一点儿强迫症,到底强迫症代表什么呀?
  Jingjing: You tell me! Why don't you go home and do some research about it?
  京晶:这得等你告诉我呀,不如你回家查查吧。
  Xiao Gao: Geez, is being bossy one of your OCD habits too?
  小高:天哪,难道发号施令也是你的强迫症症状之一吗?
  习语短语
  1. OCD = 强迫症
  2. tweak out = (口语)为某事焦急,着急
  3. earbuds = 塞入式耳机
  4. (something) drives me nuts = 某事让我抓狂
  5. like = (口语) 这里指大概;例如:
  I'll be there in like 5minutes.我大概5分钟后到。
  6. can't stand (something) = 不能忍受某事
  7. score = 成绩
  8. bossy = (形容词)喜欢发号施令的,爱命令人的
  Dialogue 2
  Jingjing: So? What did you find out about OCD?
  京晶:你查到什么有关强迫症的信息啦?
  Xiao Gao: Well, it stands for Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. Basically it's when you have a lot of anxiety and you do a lot of repetitive behaviors to make the anxiety go away.
  小高:嗯,强迫症的全称是强迫性神经官能症。大致就是说你有很多的焦虑,并且必须通过重复某种行为才让这种焦虑消失。
  Jingjing: What kinds of behaviors are you talking about? Did you find out about anything new?
  京晶:你指的是什么样的行为?你还找到什么新的信息了吗?
  Xiao Gao: Yeah I did. Do you know what hoarders are?
  小高:嗯,你知道什么是囤积控吗?
  Jingjing: I think so.Aren't they the people who have to round up a bunch of sheep?
  京晶:知道呀,不就是那些养了很多羊的人吗?
  Xiao Gao: No, those are called herders, I'm talking about hoarders! H-O-A-R-D-E-R-S. Hoarders! Hoarding is when you keep a lot of things and don't throw them away, even if they are worthless or meaningless.
  小高:不, 那些是牧羊人herders,我说的是囤积控hoarders, H-O-A-R-D-E-R-S。囤积控就是,尽管有些东西已经没有用处了,你还是要保留着不把它们扔掉。
  Jingjing: I don't know,Xiao Gao… Your room is pretty messy. Do you think you might —
  京晶:哎呀,小高,我觉得你的房间就挺杂乱的呢,你说你会不会是……
  Xiao Gao: Hey! My room is messy but it's not that bad!
  小高:嘿,我的房间是有点儿乱,但是也没有那么糟糕啊。
  Jingjing: Anyways, do a lot of people suffer from this disorder?
  京晶:哈哈,很多人都有强迫症吗?
  Xiao Gao: It's fairly common. Actually, it's the fourth-most diagnosed mental disorder. One in fifty people have been diagnosed with it in the United States.
  小高:嗯,这病还挺常见的,确切地说,这种病的发病率在心理疾病里排名第四,在美国,每50个人里就有一个人被确诊为有强迫症。
  Jingjing: Uh oh! We're doomed! We probably have it too!
  京晶:哦,不会吧,我们死定了!我们很可能也有这种病!
  Xiao Gao: Don't worry! I think we're okay. I also learned that just because you might have some obsessive behaviors, doesn't mean that you have OCD.
  小高:别担心,我觉得我们没问题,而且我还了解到,就算你有一些强迫性的行为,也不一定说明你就是强迫症。
  Jingjing: Is it treatable?
  京晶:这个病能治吗?
  Xiao Gao: Yes. The good news is that this mental disorder is treatable with therapy and medication!
  小高:是的,好消息就是这种心理疾病可以用药物和特殊疗法治愈。
  Jingjing: Thanks for the info.
  京晶:谢谢你告诉我这么多。
  Xiao Gao: My pleasure.
  小高:不客气。
  习语短语
  1. hoarder = 囤积控,指那些执意保留一些没有用的物件儿,而不把它们们扔掉的人
  2. round up (something) = 收集,聚集
  3. fairly = 相当地;例如:
  I was fairly sure that she was innocent.
  我相当肯定她是无辜的。
  4. We're doomed. 我们玩儿完了。
  5. The good news is… = 好消息就是……(通常用于说了一个坏消息之后)
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/yypkt/446408.html