英语PK台 第362期:玩点儿刺激的?(在线收听

   Dialogue 1

  Jingjing: Ah, another beautiful day, isn't it? What's the game plan for today?
  京晶:哇,又是一个好天气,太棒了!今天的行动计划是什么?
  Mark: I dunno, I'll probably just sit at home and read a book.
  马克:我不知道,我可能就待在家里看看书。
  Jingjing: Read a book? On such a perfect day? Geez, your life seems a little dull, don't you think?
  京晶:看书?在这么美丽的一天?天啊,你的生活似乎有点沉闷,你不觉得吗?
  Mark: Yeah, maybe, but I like leading my simple life. It's safe, easy, and predictable. I'm not one of those people that likes living on the edge.
  马克:是的,也许吧,但我喜欢过简单的生活。它安全、方便、可以预测。我不喜欢过惊险刺激的生活。
  Jingjing: Oh, come on! Live a little, will ya?
  京晶:拜托!给生活增添点儿滋味,好不好?
  Mark: Well, what do you suggest I do in order to make my life more interesting?
  马克:好吧,你有什么建议吗,能让我的生活更有趣?
  Jingjing: Hey, how about you and I go... Oh, what's that word? It's on the tip of my tongue. It's where you can glide down a hill or a mountain with special wings on your back.
  京晶:嘿,不如你跟我去……那个词怎么说来着?话都到嘴边了,就是说不出来。就是在你的背部安上特殊的翅膀然后从山上滑行下来的那个。
  Mark: You mean hang gliding? I don't know... I don't think I have the wits to do that. It seems a little dangerous.
  马克:你是说滑翔?我不知道……我不认为我有胆量做这个。这似乎有点儿危险。
  Jingjing: I tell you what. I'll look into it for us. Just promise me that you'll do it? Don't wimp out okay?
  京晶:这样吧。我来调查一下。答应我,你会跟我去好吗?不许退缩!
  Mark: Okay, okay! I'll do it.
  马克:好吧,好吧!
  我会做到的。
  Jingjing: Yes! This is gonna be awesome!
  京晶:太好了!这肯定会特别有意思的!
  习语短语
  game plan=[俚语]行动计划
  dull=沉闷无趣的;无聊的;波澜不惊的
  live on the edge=生活在边缘,生活在危险或极端条件下
  live a little=如果你告诉别人“live a little”,意思是你想让他们承担些风险,做一些令人兴奋或有趣而他们通常不会做的事情
  on the tip of (one's) tongue=话到嘴边,就是说不出来
  hang gliding=滑翔翼
  have the wits to do something=有勇气做某事
  look into (something)=进一步调查某事;得到具体信息;打听
  wimp out=因为害怕而退缩
  Dialogue 2
  Mark: I can't believe we're actually doing this. This is crazy! My heart's beating a million times a second.
  马克:我简直不敢相信,我们真的要跳了。这太疯狂了!我的心都快跳出来了。
  Jingjing: Just whatever you do, don't chicken out. Otherwise we will have come here in vain.
  京晶:不管怎样,都不许临阵退缩。否则,我们就白来了。
  Mark: Don't worry, I made it this far. I'm not backing out now.
  马克:别担心,我都走到这一步了。我不会反悔的。
  Jingjing: Good, it's time we let our hair down and have a good time. After all, that's why we're here, aren't we? Okay, let's get our equipment ready now.
  京晶:好,现在是时候放松和享受一下了,毕竟,这才是我们来这里的原因,对吧?好了,现在让我们把装备准备好吧。
  Mark: Hey, how come you get to use the yellow wings? I wanted to use them.
  马克:嘿,你怎么用黄色的翅膀?我想用黄色。
  Jingjing: Don't be a baby, the red ones you're using are just as good looking. Come on, let's get ready to have some fun.
  京晶:别耍小孩子脾气了,红色的一样很好看。来吧,让我们准备好享受乐趣吧。
  Mark: Oh, Jingjing, I can't thank you enough for dragging me out here. I think this is gonna be just what the doctor ordered.
  马克:哦,京晶,我非常感谢你能够拽我来这里。我认为这正是我需要的。
  Jingjing: Definitely, it's a good stress reliever. Okay, on the count of three, we're gonna run off this hill together. Ready?
  京晶:当然,这是一个很好的缓解压力的方式。好了,数到三,我们就一起跳下去。准备好了吗?
  Mark: Okay.
  马克:好了。
  BOTH: 1-2-3 Wheeeeeeeeee!
  一起:1-2-3,跳!
  习语短语
  My heart's beating a million times a second.=我的心脏一秒能跳动一百万次,用来表达令人难以控制的紧张或兴奋。
  chicken out=临阵退缩,因为太害怕或紧张
  do (something) in vain=白做某事了,没有效益
  let (one's) hair down=放松和享受
  drag (someone) to do (something)=拽某人来做某事,违背对方的意愿
  stress reliever=能缓解压力的任何一项活动
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/yypkt/446787.html