欧美人文风情第66篇:自己煮,最安心(在线收听) |
When I started learning about nutrition, about which, by the way, much less is known than you might think, 当我开始学习营养学时,关于那,顺道一提,已知的比你们也许认为的少得多了, I learned that what mattered most about one's health was not necessarily the nutrients, good or bad, 我学到有关某人健康最重要的东西,不全然是营养,不论是好或坏的营养,
that you were consuming or staying away from, or even the calorie counts, 你们摄取或是避免摄取的,或甚至卡路里计算,
but what would...what predicted a healthy diet more than anything else is the fact that it was being cooked by human being and not a corporation. 但能够...比起其他任何东西更能预先评断一份健康饮食的,是那是由人们而不是由食品企业所烹煮这个事实。
Corporations cook very differently than people do. 食品企业与人们烹煮方式非常不同。
They use vast amounts of salt, fat, and sugar, much more than you would ever use in your own cooking. 它们使用大量的盐、油、和糖,比起你曾会使用在你自己饭菜中的多出许多。
And the reason they do that is those are three incredibly attractive and incredibly cheap ingredients. 它们这样做的原因是因为那是三个极为吸引人且极为便宜的食材。
And when they're layered properly as in a chip or pastries and forms of junk food, 当它们被适当地层层堆叠在洋芋片或是酥皮点心以及各种形式的垃圾食物上,
they're incredibly addictive. 它们是非常吸引人的。
They really press our buttons: they activate our dopamine that are our cravings. 它们确实戳到我们的点:它们活化了我们的多巴胺,也就是我们的欲望。
And in fact, people in the industry, they don't talk about addiction. 事实上,食品产业的人们,他们不谈论贪吃瘾。
In the food industry, even though they traffic in addiction, they talk about cravability. 在食品产业,即便他们贩卖贪吃瘾,他们谈论对食物的渴望。
It's the same thing. And snackability is another term they use. It's a lovely word. 那是同一件事。而点心瘾是另一个他们使用的术语。这是个可爱的字。
And then the last point about corporate cooking that's important to understand is they cook different stuff than you do at home. 接着最后一个很重要需要了解的有关食品企业烹饪的重点是,他们煮的和你们在家煮的东西很不一样。
What they're good at? In general, they don't cook that well, but things like chips, 他们擅长什么?一般来说,他们煮得并没有那么好,但像是洋芋片的东西,
they cook incredibly well. 他们煮得非常的好。
And here's a classic food that if you make it yourself, if you've ever made French fries, 这里是一道经典的美食,如果你自己做,如果你曾做过薯条,
you have to wash the potatoes; you have to peel the potatoes; you have to slice the potatoes; 你需要清洗马铃薯、你需要削马铃薯的皮、你需要将马铃薯切片、
you have to fry them in a lot of oil; you have to spatter your entire stove top; 你需要用很多油炸它们、你需要喷溅你整个瓦斯炉台、
you have to clean up, and then you have this part of oil you have to get rid of. 你需要清理、然后你有这一部分你必须处理掉的油。
I mean, it's really difficult and it's a pain. They're wonderful, but it's a pain. 我是说,那非常困难,且那是种折磨。它们很美味,但是个折磨。
And if you make them yourself, you'll only eat them every six weeks, two months because it's too much work. 如果你自己煮它们,你只会每六个礼拜、每两个月吃一次,因为太多工序了。
But when you let corporations cook for you, it's so simple and so inexpensive 但当你让食品企业为你烹煮,它如此简单且如此便宜,
and they're really good that you'll have them twice a day as many people in America do. 而且它们真的很好吃,以至于你会每天吃它们两次,就像许多在美国的人一样。
So you see the kinds of food you end up with are these labor-intensive foods and desserts. 所以你看到你最后剩下的那种食物是这些劳力密集的食物和甜点。
These special occasion foods become everyday foods when we let industry cook for us. 当我们让食品企业为我们烹饪,这些特别场合的食物成了我们每天的饮食。
Eat anything you want, just cook it yourself. 吃任何你想吃的,只要你自己煮就行。
|
原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/omrwfq/465493.html |