欧美人文风情第153篇:全民省水大作战!(在线收听) |
Water is essential for every part of our lives. 水对我们生活中的每个部分都是不可或缺的。 Not only does this mean that we can't live without it, it also means we have many opportunities to conserve it. 这不仅代表我们没水就无法过活,这也代表我们有许多机会能省水。
And the bathroom is where you can make the biggest saving. 而浴室是你能省下最多的地方。
Showering uses much less water than taking a bath—as long as you keep it short. 淋浴比泡澡省更多水--只要你维持短暂的淋浴时间。
Always try to limit your lathering to five minutes. 永远试着将你抹肥皂的时间限制在五分钟内。
When you brush your teeth, don't leave the tap running. 当你刷牙时,不要让水龙头开着。
And make sure you pop Hippo in your toilet system. 确认你有将河马牌节水器噗通放进马桶水箱里。
When it comes to shirts on your back, look out for brands that reduce their water footprint. 在谈到你身上穿的衬衫时,挑选减少他们水足迹的品牌。
And when your duds get dirty, always wash them on a full load. In this case, more is less. 而在你的衣物变脏时,永远将它们装满再洗。在这个例子里,多即是少。
In the kitchen, it's all about turning that tap off. 在厨房,这全和关掉水龙头有关。
Believe it or not, as long as you always fill the machine up, modern dish washers use less water than washing by hand. 信不信由你,只要你总是将机器装满,现代洗碗机比手洗还要耗费更少水。
But, if washing by hand is the only way, fill up a bowl rather than leave the tap running. 但是,如果手洗是唯一方法,把一个碗装满水而非让水龙头开着。
Easy peazy, lemon squeezy. 简简单单、小事一桩。
And last but not least, support charities that help provide clean water to those in need. 最后但同样重要的是,支持协助提供净水给有需要人们的慈善机构。
You can make a real difference by donating even a small amount, with new technologies enabling people to provide clean water in the harshest conditions. 你可以捐出即便是很少额的钱来做出真正的改变,利用那些使人们得以在最恶劣的环境下供应净水的新科技。
As the global climate changes, all of us will start to notice the effects of water stress, 随着全球气候改变,我们所有人都会开始注意到水情吃紧的影响,
but by savoring every last drop, we can make sure that reliable, clean water is something that everyone can tap into! 但借由好好珍惜品味每滴水,我们可以确保可靠、干净的水是每个人都能使用到的东西!
|
原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/omrwfq/465729.html |