欧美人文风情第160篇:博物馆巡礼 美国 - 盖帝博物馆(在线收听

 The J. Paul Getty Museum is one of the great art museums of the world. 盖帝博物馆是世上最棒的美术馆之一。

And that's quite miraculous when you consider that it has all come about essentially in the last 50 years. 当你想想这一切基本上只在过去五十年内产生,那真是满神奇的。
The focus of the Getty's collecting has always been on few works but at the very highest quality. 盖帝博物馆的收藏重点一直以来都是量少但质精的作品。
It's aimed to be a collection of masterpieces, and that I think was what makes it stand out so much from other bigger and deeper collections. 盖帝博物馆的藏品旨在成为一批杰作的收藏,而我认为那就是使盖帝博物馆藏品在其他更渊博的收藏品中远远突出的原因。
The quality of what you see at the Getty is absolutely first-grade. 你在盖帝博物馆所见艺术品的品质绝对是一流的。
Education is absolutely of the center of all that we do as a museum, 教育绝对是我们身为博物馆所做一切的核心,
in the process we go through and collecting, in displaying it and explaining it to our audiences, 在我们收藏艺品的过程、在向我们的观众展示及解说展品的过程,
but also the research that then flows from that by art curators and by visiting scholars, 还有由艺术评议员及客座学者源于此所做的研究,
and all of the educational programs that we provide around them. 以及所有我们在它们周遭提供的教育课程。
So we are in that sense not just a museum, but we are a laboratory for art, 因此就那样看来我们并不只是座博物馆,我们还是个艺术研究室,
and indeed, a university of the visual arts. 当然,还是所视觉艺术的大学。
Over the last 40 years, also, I think the Getty Museum has done an extraordinary job of building a collection of European art, 同时,在过去四十年来,我认为盖帝博物馆在收集欧洲艺术藏品上表现出色,
from ancient times to the beginnings of the 20th century. 囊括古代到二十世纪初的艺术品。
In the next 40 years, I think we're—will be more important to put this tradition, 接下来四十年,我认为我们--将这个传统,
or these traditions, in a more global and intercultural context. 或这些传统,摆到一个更国际且不同文化的背景将是更重要的目标。
Because there's always connections and influences and interactions between cultures, 因为永远有文化间的连结和影响以及互动,
none of them evolves or emerges entirely in a vacuum, and it'll be important, 没有任何文化是完全在孤立状态下发展或出现的,
I think, in the increasingly global world we live in to understand, also, the development of our history in truly global terms. 而我认为这很重要,在一个我们所处渐渐全球化的世界中,以真正国际的角度去理解我们历史的发展。
As well as providing an experience of beautiful works of art, 除了提供一个欣赏美丽艺术品的体验之外,
I think a visit to a museum like the J. Paul Getty Museum opens your eyes to other ways of seeing the world, to other cultures, 我认为拜访像保罗盖帝这样一间博物馆,能打开你看世界的其他方式、看其他文化的其他方式、
other ways of understanding your place in the world, 了解你在世上地位的其他方式,
and that I think is extremely important for all of us. 而我想那对我们所有人来说极为重要。
 
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/omrwfq/465736.html