欧美人文风情第166篇:2015我们,乐观进取(在线收听

 We're all moving so fast. Just standing on the equator with the world spinning underneath us,  我们全前进得如此快速。仅仅站在赤道上随着地球在我们下方转动,

we're all going over a thousand miles an hour. 我们就全都行进超过时速一千里。
What if, just for a moment, we stopped? 假如,只是一瞬间,我们停止下来呢?
There're problems with everything, and nothing is yet perfect.  每件事都有难题,且没任何事是已臻完美的。
But that shouldn't be cause to bemoan; that should be cause to achieve.  但那不应是去哀叹的理由;那应是去达成目标的理由。
Our world is a better place than we often claim it to be. 我们的世界是一个比我们常宣称的还要更好的地方。
We're living in an all time high for health and wellness,  我们正处在一个健康与保健有史以来最高水准的时期,
and literacy has been sharply on the rise for decades. 且识字率已急剧提升数十载。
More people are living longer.  越来越多人活得更久。
And during childbirth, both infant and maternal mortality rates have plummeted in the last century, saving the lives of millions.  而在生产过程,婴儿和母亲的死亡率两项都已在过去这世纪大幅下降,挽救数百万人的性命。
We've seen a host of horrific diseases completely eradicated,  我们看见许多恐怖的疾病被彻底消灭,
and there are many more for which eradication is under way. 且有更多灭除行动正在进行的疾病。
We live the way we do because people chose to tackle their problems head on.  我们会以我们现在的方式生活,是因为过去人们选择正面解决他们的难题。
In a hundred years, we've gone from filming the Wright brothers to landing a camera on Titan 在一百年内,我们从拍下莱特兄弟,发展到让一台相机登陆到泰坦星上
—a moon eight hundred million miles away. --一颗八亿里远的卫星。
There are a growing number of organizations and foundations leading the way to research, innovate, and effect change in the world.  有越来越多的组织和机构指引着研究、改革、和影响世界变化的道路。
And partnering together, they're helping the world's poorest people lift themselves out of hunger and poverty. 共同合作,他们正帮助世界上最穷困的人们让自己摆脱飢饿和贫穷。
When thinking if you're gonna be optimistic this year,  在思考你今年是否要乐观之际,
remember, nobody changes the world on their own.  记住,没有人是靠他们自己改变世界的。
It all starts with a resolution. What's yours? 一切全始于一个决心。那你的决心是什么呢?
 
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/omrwfq/465742.html