欧美人文风情第167篇:五分钟前这杯水还是污泥(在线收听

 Over 2.5 billion people have no access to safe sanitation. 超过 25 亿人无法使用安全的卫生设备。

We asked brilliant engineers to help us solve this problem, 我们邀请杰出的工程师们来协助我们解决这个问题,
and one of those engineers actually proposed a solution where the waste is valuable. 而其中一位工程师真的提出一个排泄物也有价值的解决办法。
The OmniProcessor turns sewer sludge, which is kind of nasty, into clean drinking water, electricity, and ash that is pathogen-free. OmniProcessor (全能处理器) 将下水道污泥,有点恶心的东西,变成干净的饮用水、电力,以及无菌的灰烬。
This is where the sludge enters the machine. 这是污泥进入机器的地方。
It goes up this conveyor belt. It's fed into these large tubes we called the dryer. 它上去这条输送带。污泥被投进这些我们称为干燥器的大型管子。
That's where we boil the sludge. 那就是我们将污泥煮沸的地方。
And in the boiling process, we separate the water vapor from the solids. 煮沸过程中,我们将水蒸汽从污泥块分离。
The solids are now dry, and we can feed them into the fire. 污泥块现在呈干燥状态,我们可以将它们投入炉火。
Once we have this very hot fire, we can make high-pressure, high-temperature steam. 一旦我们得到这非常猛烈的火势,我们就能制造出高压、高温的蒸汽。
And we take that steam, and we send it to a steam engine. 我们获得那蒸汽,然后我们将它送至蒸汽引擎中。
And the steam engine drives the generator that makes electricity that we use for the processor 蒸汽引擎驱动发电机,制造我们用来运作处理器的电力,
and also excess electricity that can be delivered back to the community. 还制造出能被送回社区的额外电力。
The water vapor that's created in the boiling process is run through a cleaning system until we have the cleanest, purest water you can possibly imagine. 在煮沸过程中产出的水蒸气被流通在净化系统中,直到我们取得你所能想像到最干净、纯净的水为止。
The sanitation system as we know it in the developed world cannot work in developing countries. 已开发国家中我们所熟悉的卫生设备系统在开发中国家行不通。
So, what we need in developing countries is a very simple system. 所以,我们在开发中国家所需的是个非常简易的系统。
The entrepreneur that owns this processor will get paid for the input—the sludge, 拥有这台处理器的企业家会拿到投入物(污泥)的报酬,
and that same entrepreneur will get paid for the outputs—the electricity, the water, and the ash. 且那同一位企业家还会拿到产出物(电力、水,以及灰烬)的报酬。
I am very impressed with this solution we're seeing here. It generates electricity. It generates clean water. 我对我们在此见识到的解决办法感到印象十分深刻。它产生电力。它制造净水。
It will grow to every corner of the earth that needs it because it makes money every day. OmniProcessor 将发展到世界上每个需要它的角落,因为它每天都制造出财富。
It's water. 这是水没错。
 
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/omrwfq/465743.html