欧美人文风情第195篇:年终转职?专家告诉你好时机(在线收听

 I'm Cat Miller, and this is DiceTV. 我是 Cat Miller,欢迎收看 DiceTV。

Changing jobs can lead to a lot of good things—better pay, better title, better location 换工作可以带来很多好事--更优渥的薪资、更棒的职称、更好的地点
but, changing jobs too frequently can cause you to appear disloyal, 不过,太常换工作可能会让你显得不忠诚,
and not worth the time and money to hire and train. 且不值得投入时间和金钱雇用跟培训。
So, what's the right balance? How frequently should you change jobs and when's the best time to do it? 那么,怎样才是正确的平衡呢?你应该多常换工作,然后什么时候是换工作的最佳时机?
First thing to consider here is your personal life. 在这要考虑的第一件事是你的个人生活。
You can't ever change jobs without looking at the bigger picture. 你不能没从更宏观的角度来看就换工作。
What's going on at home? Do you have big changes going on that you'll need to attend to? 家里目前有什么事?有什么你会需要处理的重大改变吗?
It's imperative to make sure the timing is right on the home front before you make any decisions. 在你做任何决定前,确定那时机就家庭方面来说是对的十分重要。
Next, consider emotional and relational factors. 接下来,考虑情感和关系层面的因素。
What are your relationships like at work? 你在工作上的关系怎样?
Do you agree with the company's direction, the company's values? 你认同公司方向、公司的价值吗?
How important are these factors to you? 这些因素对你来说有多重要?
These choices are all highly personal, and you'll need to decide for yourself how significant they are to you. 这些选择极为个人,你会需要自己决定它们对你有多大意义。
Once you've evaluated the personal elements that will factor into a change, 一旦你评估过这些会影响转职的个人因素后,
now you can start to think more in terms of strategy. 现在你可以开始更就策略面去思考。
Beginning with tenure—how long have you held your current position? 从任期开始--你目前工作做多久?
Have you been there long enough or too long? 你在那职位够久还是太久了?
It typically takes about three years to master your specific job, and after that point, learning tends to slow. 通常要花大约三年来专精特定工作,过那时间点后,学习通常会变慢。
So after around three years, you should consider either moving up or moving on. 所以在大概三年后,你得考虑向上爬或是离开继续前进。
But bear in mind, that's just a guideline, not a rule. 不过记住,那只是个方针,不是规定。
Do you still feel like you're learning in your role? 你仍觉得你在这角色中持续学习吗?
Or do you feel like you've learned most of what you can 还是你觉得可以学的大部分都学完了,
and would get more out of tackling something new? 挑战新事物会得到更多?
Let's say three years does sound right to you 假设三年听起来对你是恰当的
your personal life can handle a change, you're reaching the end of the third year, 你的个人生活可以应付改变、你快到第三年的尾声,
and you feel like you've really mastered the job. 你觉得你真的已经摸透那工作了。
Now it's time to think about the length of your previous positions. 现在是时候想想你以前的工作做多久。
How will the position you're leaving now affect your resume? 你现在离开的职务会怎样影响你的履历呢?
If you have a history of holding jobs for a year, a year and a half, 如果你有待在不同工作一年、一年半的经历,
it may be better to hang on a little longer, or focus on an internal promotion rather than a complete change. 那再等久一点可能会比较好,或是专注在内部升迁而非整个转换跑道上。
Even though three years is typically a long enough commitment to avoid job-hopper status, 即使三年任期通常已经够长,能避免常换工作的名声,
it might be more beneficial to show that you've stayed with the company a little longer than that. 不过显示出你待在公司比三年还久一点可能会更有利。
Another factor to look into is how a change would affect your benefits and finances. 另一个要审视的因素是换工作会怎样影响你的福利和经济。
What happens with your healthcare? Your family's healthcare? 401(k)? 你的健保会怎样?你家人的健保呢?401(k)退休福利计划呢?
Can your time your job change strategically to get the most out of these? 你能够有策略地规划换工作的时间好从中获得最大效益吗?
For some, benefits may not seem like a top concern, 对有些人来说,福利可能不太像是首要考量,
but it's important to make sure you understand your plans 但确保你了解你的计划,
and aren't going to jeopardize your entire family's healthcare unnecessarily. 且不会不必要地危及全家人的健保是很重要的。
Ultimately, the decision's up to you. 终究,决定权在你手上。
There's no perfect resume and every situation is a little different, 没有完美的履历,而且每个状况都有些差异,
so you have to use your best judgement. 所以你得利用最准确的判断力。
Oh! And don't quit your job until you've secured a better offer, 噢!还有不要在找到一个更好的工作前就辞职,
unless, of course, you have a very, very good reason. 除非,当然,你有非常、非常好的理由。
I know, I know, that's obvious, but now you can't say that I didn't warn you. 我知道、我知道,那还用说,不过现在你就不能说我没有警告你了。
I'm Cat Miller, and this is DiceTV. 我是 Cat Miller,这是 DiceTV。
 
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/omrwfq/465803.html