欧美人文风情第292篇:龙后Emilia Clarke给十八岁自己的一封信(在线收听

 Dear Emilia, 亲爱的 Emilia:

You just turned 18. So, as your future self, here is some advice that I'd like to give you. 你刚满十八岁。所以身为未来的你,这里是我想给你的一些建议。
This particular journey that you're on is unlike any one of your friends that you're with right now. 你所踏上的这趟旅程和你现在身边任何一个朋友的都不一样。
What they're doing is gonna bring them joy and happiness, 他们在做的事会带给他们喜悦和幸福,
and what you're doing is also gonna bring you maybe a little more struggle, and some joy and happiness as well. 而你在做的也会带给你,可能会多点困难,但也会带来一些喜悦和幸福。
There are gonna be times when someone says that dream that you've had your entire life, 有些时候会有人说你一辈子的梦想,
the moment when someone says that's not possible—it is. 当有人说那不可能实现的时候--梦想是可能实现的。
I know you didn't get into drama school this time around, but you will. You have the strength to overcome it. 我知道你这时候没考进戏剧学院,不过你以后会的。你有能力克服。
And you can go to the parties, and you're gonna have fun at the parties, 你可以去参加派对,而且你在派对上会玩得很高兴,
but you don't need to do everything that everyone's doing. 不过你不用做大家都在做的事。
You know, ain't nothing wrong with a Diet Coke—ain't nothing wrong. 你知道的,喝健怡可乐没什么不对--没什么好不对的。
Eighteen-year-old Emilia, I'm gonna quote this sunscreen song at you. 十八岁的 Emilia,我要对你引述这首防晒乳之歌。
I know you know it. You are not as fat as you think you are. 我知道你晓得那是什么。你没你想得那么胖。
There are some women who look some way, and there are other women who look another way, like, a whole other way. 有些女人看起来是一种样子,有另外一些女人看起来是另一种样子,象是,完全不同的样子。
And the way that the other women look, people love, because they look like women. 而那另外一些女人的样子,人们爱死了,因为她们看起来像女人。
So, when it comes to relationship advice, there's other things that come along with relationships. 那么,讲到恋爱建议,恋爱会带来其它事物。
You think that they're, like, inspecting everything and, you know, and kinda looking at you in a way of, sort of, 你以为他们在检视着每件事,然后,你知道,以一种方式看着你,
that makes you feel uncomfortable or judged or whatever it is. Chances are they're not. 让你觉得不自在或被品头论足还是什么的。很可能他们并没有。
Chances are they're just super happy to be there. 很可能他们只是很开心能在那。
You're gonna feel some serious heartbreak. You're gonna feel some, like, proper...some proper things. 你会有些痛彻心扉的心碎体验。你会有些真切的...一些真切的领悟。
And the reason why it's gonna hurt so much... It's because that heartbreak is gonna make you doubt yourself. 而那会如此痛的原因是... 那是因为那种心碎会让你质疑自己。
You put yourself out on a plate and you bare everything, and someone says that they don't really like that. 你全心奉献自己,而且你赤裸裸地摊开一切,但某个人却说他们并不真的喜欢那样。
So that makes you feel...like you're not worth it. 所以那让你感到...象是你并不值得。
But you are, and there's lots of people who are gonna tell you that you are worth it. 不过你值得,而且未来会有许多人告诉你你是值得的。
The people in your life, when all the lights are off, the real people who you really love, just hug them, like, every day. 在你生命中的人们,当所有灯都熄灭时,你真心诚意爱着的真实的那群人,就抱抱他们吧,象是,每天都抱。
Okay. So parting words, little Emilia...littler Emilia, I'm just gonna say that, 好了。道别的话,小 Emilia...小一点点的 Emilia,我只是要说,
um, you know, it's autumn right now, because it's October, but...winter is coming. And wear sunscreen! 嗯,你知道,现在是秋天,因为现在是十月,但是...凛冬将至。还有要擦防晒乳!
Love, Emilia 爱你的,Emilia
 
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/omrwfq/466233.html