欧美人文风情第312篇:电梯革命来袭 德国研发出首款无绳电梯(在线收听

 1854, the birth of the elevator—this invention changed the way we live. 1854 年,电梯诞生--这项发明改变了我们的生活方式。

One cabin in one shaft on one rope traveling up and down, a principle that hasn't changed for 160 years. 单一电梯厢在一个升降机井内靠着一条绳索上下移动,一个一百六十年来未曾变过的原理。
2003, the TWIN elevator changed the industry—two cabins, independently in one shaft. 2003 年,TWIN 双子电梯颠覆这项产业--两个电梯厢,在同一升降机井内独立运行。
In the future, more and more people will live in megacities. 未来,将有越来越多人居住在巨型城市内。
Today, building development is constrained by the forms of mobility available. 而今,建筑发展受限于目前所有的移动形式。
A revolution is required. We started to reinvent the elevator concept. 改革是必要的。我们开始翻转对电梯的概念。
What if we were to omit the rope and have a direct drive as part of the elevator cabin? 要是我们能省略绳索并让动力直接成为电梯厢的一部份呢?
What if we were to provide more than two cabins in one shaft and let them circulate in the building? 要是我们能在一个升降机井内备有两个以上的电梯厢,并让它们在建筑物内绕行呢?
What if we were to invent a groundbreaking system enabling the cabin to move not only vertically but also horizontally? 要是我们能研发出一套突破性的系统,让电梯厢不仅能垂直移动,还能水平移动呢?
No more limits in height, shape, and mobility. There are multiple possibilities. And that's why we call it "MULTI." 不再有高度、形状以及移动性的限制。有不只一种可能性。那就是为什么我们称之 MULTI。
 
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/omrwfq/466256.html