欧美人文风情第313篇:歪果朋友试吃台湾面包 一口咬下立刻惊呼(在线收听

 Just the bread. It's so good. How do they do that? 就只是个面包。就超好吃。到底怎么办到的?

So for those of you who don't know, bakery culture is really huge in Taiwan. 你们有些人可能不知道,面包店文化在台湾真的非常盛行。
And I was fortunate enough to live in an area where a lot of these Taiwanese bakeries found their way to where I live in California. 而且我够幸运能住在这个地区,一个许多这些台式面包店飘洋过海来加州这开店的地区。
So I decided to take some of my favorite pastries and to share them with my coworkers. 所以我决定拿一些我最爱的面包和我的同事分享。
So the first one that I have is a "lan mei mian bao", that basically just means blueberry bun. 那么我拿的第一个是「lan mei mian bao」,基本上就是指蓝莓面包。
It usually has a really delicious cream cheese blueberry filling. I usually don't get this just because it's so dense. 里面通常有非常好吃的蓝莓奶油奶酪内馅。我通常不会买这个,因为太扎实了。
But I'm really excited to share this with one of my friends. 但我很兴奋可以和我其中一个朋友分享。
I just can't compare it to anything. Doesn't this make you feel like a happy Asian baby? 我实在无法把它跟任何东西相比。这有没有让你觉得你是个幸福的亚洲宝宝?
So this is a "re gou qi si mian bao." It literally just means a hot dog cheese bread. 所以这是个「re gou qi si mian bao」。它真的就是指热狗起司面包。
This is good! Yeah, I would definitely have to, like, work out if I eat that every day, which I probably wouldn't have a problem with if I could have that. 好吃!嗯,如果我每天都吃的话绝对要运动,但如果我可以吃到那个面包的话,叫我运动绝对不成问题。
Like, I would work out, and then I would eat it. 我会运动,然后再吃这个面包。
It would defeat the whole purpose of working out, but I would still feel better about my life. 这会失去整个运动的意义,但我还是会觉得我的人生更美好了。
You used to eat this when you were a kid? Yeah, all the time. 你小时候都吃这个吗?对啊,一直都会吃。
Cool. So when is the next time you're going home? 酷。所以你下次什么时候要回家?
So this is called a "hong dou mian bao." That means red bean bun. I grew up eating American food, like McDonald's. 这个叫「hong dou mian bao」。意思就是红豆面包。我从小就吃美式食物,象是麦当劳。
So the idea of having beans involved in a dessert, sweet thing, was absolutely revolting to me in the beginning, but I've really grown to love it. 所以在点心、甜食里面包入豆类的概念刚开始让我很不喜欢,但我现在已经渐渐爱上它了。
I'm usually so concerned whenever I bring people to eat this stuff. They might think it's gross or the texture is kinda weird. 我每次拿这东西给别人吃的时候都很担心。他们可能会觉得很恶心或是口感有点怪。
Red bean has it going on. 红豆超赞的。
Was there ever a point where you first saw it and you were like, Umm, I don't know about this? 你刚看到这个的时候有没有那么一瞬间觉得,嗯,这会好吃吗?
I don't think so. Because at least in dim sum, like, it's fried. 不会耶。因为至少在港式点心里面也有,象是,用炸的。
So, like, you know, we're American—anything that's fried, like, it's going down. 所以,你知道,我们是美国人--只要是炸的东西就深得我心。
Okay, last but certainly not least, a "po luo bao." 好,最后,但绝对也很重要的,是「po luo bao」。
Kinda translates into a pineapple bun, but they kinda call it that simply because the diamonds on the ridges on here—it actually looks like a pineapple. 翻译会象是菠萝包,但他们会这样叫它就只是因为这里隆起的菱形--这确实看起来像菠萝(凤梨)。
That was good. 真好吃。
This actually tastes a lot like a sticky bun that you get in England, but, like, they usually have icing on top. 这其实吃起来很像你在英国吃到的肉桂卷,但肉桂卷上面通常会有糖霜。
I'm not sure, between, like, sweet bread and, like, a croissant, almost? 我不确定,差不多有点介于甜面包和可颂之间?
That's kinda how I try to explain it to people sometimes. Like, I call it like a Danish, almost? 我有时候就是这样跟别人解释这种面包。我说它有点像丹麦酥皮点心,很接近?
Yeah. I'm glad you like it. Thank you for showing me it. 没错。很高兴你喜欢。谢谢你和我分享。
Thanks, Aisha. Well, thank you! Yeah. 谢啦,Aisha。是要谢谢你!不客气。
I'm glad you shared this with me. 很开心你跟我分享。
Let's just get this out there. Sure. 这样说好了。嗯。
Asian bakeries are the best bakeries. Yes, they are. Right? 亚洲面包店最赞。没错。对吧?
 
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/omrwfq/466257.html