欧美人文风情第338篇:美国的地雷话题(在线收听) |
Every country has things they don't like to talk about,?questions that are just too emotional for them. 每个国家的人都有他们不喜欢谈的话题、或对他们来说太过情绪性的问题。 So today, we join a young couple on their second date.? 所以今天,我们要和一对年轻情侣一起去第二次约会。
As they try to get to know each other,?let's see if we can identify some of these rude topics in America. 在他们试着了解彼此的同时,来看看我们能不能分辨出一些在美国不太礼貌的话题吧。
You look nice tonight.?So how old are you anyways? 你今晚看起来很美。所以你到底几岁啊?
Let's stop there.?In some countries, the older you are, the more respected you are. 暂停一下。在有些国家,年龄越大,你就越受尊重。
America doesn't always work like that, though. 不过美国不总是那样。
So, if you ask a person their age, especially a woman,?it kinda feels like you're asking, 如果你问一个人几岁,特别是女人,感觉有点儿像你在问:
"How much longer will you be useful to me?" “你对我来说还剩多少利用价值?”
So, unless you're with people who are all in the same situation, 因此,除非你是和背景相同的人在一起,
like at college, and more likely to be the same age,?it's probably best not to ask. 比如大学同学或比较有可能同龄的人在一起,不然最好还是不要问。
So, let's see how the couple's doing now. 那么,来看看那对情侣现在怎样了吧。
Oh, so you're an auto mechanic.?So, how much do you make? 喔,所以你是修车技师啊。那你薪水多少?
Money is a sensitive subject in America. 钱在美国是一个很敏感的主题。
We don't wanna seem like we're bragging about how much we have, well, some of us don't. 我们不希望看起来像在炫耀自己有多少钱——嗯,我们有些人不想。
And we don't wanna be asking for help if we don't have enough. 而且我们不想在钱不够的时候要别人帮忙。
So, we really just don't talk about it at all. 所以,我们真的完全不会讨论钱这件事。
Did you see the news about the president? I hate that guy! 你有看到总统的那则新闻吗?我超讨厌那家伙的!
In some countries, politics isn't a big deal, in other countries, it's like a national sport debate. 在有些国家,政治不是什么大事;在其他国家,政治就像全国上下都会聊的话题。
But in America, it's not really either...or both. 不过在美国,政治不属于这两种...或两种都有。
Here, people's opinions can be really different,and they can be really passionate about it. 在这里,人们的意见可能天差地远,而且他们可能对政治极度狂热。
It's probably best if you get to know your friend and then ask them their opinion. 如果你先了解你的朋友然后再问他们的看法,那样或许是最好的。
Let's check in with our couple, see how they're doing. 来看看我们那对情侣现在的状况吧。
So, then she says an angel tells her to buy the Lotto ticket. 然后她就说有个天使叫她去买乐透。
Can you believe that people still believe in that stuff? 你能相信现在还有人信那种东西吗?
Oh, boy! Another bad topic. 天啊!又一个烂话题。
One of the reasons the first settlers came to America was so that they could worship their god however they wanted to. 第一批移民来到美国的原因之一,就是让他们能以自己想要的方式信奉他们的神。
And to this day, religion and spirituality is still very important to a lot of people in America. 直到今天,宗教和灵性对许多美国人来说还是十分重要。
So, like politics, asking questions is great. 所以,就像政治一样,问问题是好的。
Get to know the person better by asking questions,?and then create a dialogue where you can share your own opinion. 藉由问问题来更认识一个人,然后开启一个你能分享自己看法的对话。
Wow, that guy was really rude. 哇,那男的真的很没礼貌。
Yeah, so was she. 对啊,那女的也是。
Do you think they'll last? No. Nah. 你觉得他们能继续走下去吗?不能。没办法。
Well, thanks for watching this video about what not to say in America. 那么,感谢收看这部有关在美国不能说什么的影片。
Let us know in the comments below what you think about our customs and what's rude in your country to say so that, 在下方留言区让我们知道你对我们的习惯的看法,还有在你们的国家说哪些是不礼貌的,
you know, we don't mess up like those two did.? 你知道,这样我们才不会像那两个人一样搞砸。
And also, make sure you subscribe for more videos about American culture and check out the blog for extra details.?Bye! 另外,务必要订阅以收看更多关于美国文化的影片,还有到部落格看更多详细内容喔。再见!
I have to pee. 我要去尿尿。
Yup, also rude. Now we know. 嗯,同样失礼。现在我们知道了。
|
原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/omrwfq/466382.html |