欧美人文风情第360篇:五种常见的英式英文用语(在线收听

 Hello and welcome back to English with Lucy. 哈喽,欢迎回到“跟露西一起学英文”。

Today we have another episode of my fabulous"Five Common British Expressions." 今天,我们将讲我最爱的另一集“五种常见的英式英文用语”。
Now, before we get started, make sure you connect with me on all my social media, which is right here. 在我们开始之前,你一定要在社交媒体上联系我喔,就在这边。
And I've got my Instagram account. 我也有Instagram账号。
Obviously, you can subscribe to my YouTube. You can also like me on Facebook. 当然,你也可以在YouTube上订阅我或者在脸书上按我赞。
And for my Chinese followers, um, I have my Weibo account as well. 对我的中国粉丝们来说,我也有微博账号喔。
Okay, so our first expression is "a piece of cake." 好了,我们的第一个用语是“a piece of cake”。
And this is very similar to "easy-peasy, lemon squeezy," which we've discussed in a previous video. 它跟“easy-peasy, lemon squeezy”的意思很类似,我们在上一个视频中讨论过。
And basically, it means very easy. 它基本上是“很简单”的意思。
So I might come out of a particularly easy exam saying, 所以我可能会在考完一个很简单的考试后说:
"That exam was a piece of cake." That exam was really easy. “That exam was a piece of cake.”那考试很简单。
So, number two, "Break a leg!" actually looks really rather cruel, but I promise you it's positive. 第二个“Break a leg!”听起来好像挺残忍的,但我保证它很积极。
And "Break a leg!" means "Good luck!" “Break a leg!”代表“祝你好运”!
So before a race, before a job interview, before a test,instead of saying "Good luck!," 所以在比赛、工作面试或考试前,比起说“Good luck”,
I might say "Break a leg!" Do really well. 我可能会说“Break a leg!”,好好发挥吧。
So since we're talking about legs, let's bring arms into the equation as well. 既然我们说了跟腿有关的用语,那么也一起讨论一下手臂吧。
Number three is "It cost an arm and a leg." And this basically means something was really expensive. 第三个用语是“It cost an arm and a leg”。它基本上就是指东西很昂贵。
If I say, "My bag cost an arm and a leg," I mean it cost a lot of money. 如果我说:“My bag cost an arm and a leg”,意思就是它花了很多钱。
Now, the next one isn't particularly nice. It is "to pop one's clogs." 下一个用语并不是特别好,它是“to pop one's clogs”,
And this actually means "to die," but we use it quite affectionately. 意思其实就是指“死掉”,但我们把它用得比较有感情一点儿。
It's like a nice way of saying that someone's died. 这是一种表示别人过世比较好的说法。
So, "I'm going to a funeral this Sunday. My neighbor's popped his clogs." 所以,“I'm going to a funeral this Sunday. My neighbor's popped his clogs.”
It's a way of saying "My neighbor's died," 就是说“我邻居死掉了”的一种方式,
but we don't want to say the "death" word, so we say "They've popped their clogs." 但因为我们不想讲出死这个字,所以我们说“They've popped their clogs(他们过世了)”。
And then we have number five, "to call it a day." And this means "to end a task." 接下来第五个用语“to call it a day”,意思就是“结束一个任务”。
So, for example,"I'm feeling a bit tired. I think I'll call it a day." 例如:“I'm feeling a bit tired. I think I'll call it a day.”,
And that means "I think I'll stop here. Let's finish." 意思就是“我想我就在这边先停止,我们做个结束吧。”
So, well, as we come to number five,I think I'll call it a day now! Bye! 所以,我们已经到第五个用语了,我想我们现在就结束吧,再见!
Thank you so much for watching this episode of "Five Common British Expressions." 感谢您收看这集的“五个常见的英式英文用语”。
I hope you liked it, and I hope you learned something. 希望你们喜欢,也希望你们学到一些东西。
Make sure you connect with all my social media, as I said before, and have a very lovely week.Bye! 像我之前说的,一定要追踪我的社交网站,祝你们有个美好的一周。再见!
This wine is off! 这红酒臭酸了!
 
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/omrwfq/466404.html