欧美人文风情第361篇:比尔盖茨推荐的夏日书单(在线收听

 I've read some fantastic books lately. Here are a few you might wanna read this summer. 我最近读了一些很棒的书。这里有一些你可能会在这个夏天想读的书。

Lincoln in the Bardo by George Saunders. 乔治·桑德斯的《林肯的中阴身(暂译)》。
Anything about Lincoln is interesting. 林肯的事情都很有趣。
I admire him and the tough things he faced, including having a son die being among the worst. 我很钦佩他以及他面对的痛苦,包括他在最糟的时刻痛失爱子。
And it is striking this balance between the tragedy of life and the joy of life. 这本书在人生的悲喜之间取得平衡。
It's about grief and purpose, and it's very touching. 它是个关于悲伤与意志的故事,非常感人。
Everything Happens for a Reason by Kate Bowler. 凯特·鲍勒的《万物皆有因(暂译)》。
You've got this one person who's sick and who was trying to figure out how they should deal with their bad news. 你会看到书中的主人公生病了,但她试着想出如何面对这些坏消息。
You don't wanna think of outcomes as just being random. 你不想要随便的结果。
You wanna be able to connect them to something you control. 你想要的是能够将这些结果连结到你能控制的某些事情上。
She's not asking you to cry for her. She's just telling you what happened. 她不是要你为她哭泣。她只是在告诉你发生了什么。
Origin Story by David Christian. 大卫·克里斯蒂安的《起源故事(暂译)》。
And the whole theory of Big History is to have a structure that makes it easy to understand and explain things. 《大历史》的整个理论是要有个架构可以让人轻松理解并解释事物。
I think it helps people to have that understanding that now we have big blocks of knowledge, 《大历史》的整个理论是要有个架构可以让人轻松理解并解释事物。
but the big blocks of knowledge relate to each other in a strong way. 但这些大知识板块却彼此影响深切。
For me, this broad knowledge of how all the pieces fit together, you know, to me, that's interesting. 对我来说,如何完美接合这些板块的广博知识,你知道,对我来说真的很有趣。
Factfulness by Hans Rosling. 汉斯·罗斯林的《事实真相(暂译)》。
It's pretty fantastic because it really talks through how you should think about the world. 这本书真的很棒,因为它真得详细说明了你该如何看待这个世界。
For the first time in this book, he teaches you a categorization of four tiers that is super helpful. 在书中,他首次传授一个超有用的四层分类。
Like, tier one, no bike; tier two, bike; tier three, some cars in the picture; tier four, lot of cars, too many cars. 比如,第一层,没有脚踏车;第二层,脚踏车;第三层,图片里的一些车;第四层,很多车,太多车了。
I never got to tell Hans how much I like his book, 我从没机会跟汉斯说我有多喜欢他的书,
but the world would be better if millions of people read it. 如果有几百万人读过这本书,世界会变得更美好。
Leonardo da Vinci by Walter Isaacson. 沃尔特·艾萨克森的《列奥纳多·达·芬奇(暂译)》。
What Isaacson does is say what made da Vinci special. He's most known for his art. 艾萨克森解释了达尔文为什么会这么特别。他最有名的便是他的艺术作品。
He thought of himself as a military engineer and a scientist and an expert on music. 他认为自己是军事工程师,也是科学家,还是音乐上的专家。
And so he really defines the term Renaissance man. 所以他真的定义了“文艺复兴人”这个词。
These are books that I'd recommend this summer. 这些是我这个夏天想要推荐的书籍。
I hope you enjoy reading them as much as I did. 希望你们和我一样享受这些书。
 
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/omrwfq/466405.html