欧美人文风情第378篇:关于同性婚姻(在线收听) |
As you know, the Supreme Court decision 大家都知道,最高法院周五赞成 on Friday in favor of same-sex marriage is controversial. Some people 通过同志婚姻,大家对这个决定争论不休。有些人
just don't like it. They don't believe in it. They don't think it's right. One of the most common arguments 就是不喜欢。他们不相信同性婚姻。也不觉得这是对的。大家最常听到的一个论点是:
you hear is "How do I explain this to my kids?" And it's a good question. At the very least, it's a fair question. 我要怎么向孩子解释啊?这是个好问题。至少这是个公平的问题。
You wonder if children are sophisticated enough to wrap their head around something like this. So we went out on the street today to ask kids 你不确定小孩是不是够成熟了,能够理解这类事情。所以我们今天到街上问小朋友的想法,
what they think and what they know, and here they are: kids share their thoughts on same-sex marriage. 看看他们知道多少,以下就来观赏:小朋友发表对于同性婚姻的想法。
Could you tell me what gay marriage is? Um, it's when...two men and two women get married. 你可以告诉我什么是同性婚姻吗?嗯,就是...两个男人跟两个女人结婚。
It's...so is it when four people get married? No. 那是...所以是四个人一起结婚吗?不是啦。
Could you tell us what gay marriage is? I know nothing about that yet. 你可以告诉我们什么是同性婚姻吗?我还不知道那是什么东西。
You don't know anything about it? 你完全不懂这是什么吗?
Why would anyone want to get married? 为什么有人会想要结婚?
Um, because they love each other and they just feel a connection, I believe? 嗯,因为他们相爱,而且他们觉得彼此心理能够连结,我觉得应该是这样?
Do you think it's a good thing? Yeah. 你觉得这是好事吗?是。
Do you know what makes somebody gay? Yeah. 你知道为什么有人是同性恋吗?知道。
What? I got broken leg. No. 为什么?我脚断掉了。不是啦。
When should two people get married? In at the afternoon. 两个人什么时候应该结婚?下午的时候。
That's a good time to get married. 那是个结婚的好时间。
Do you know what marriage is? Yes. What is it? 你知道什么是婚姻吗?知道。是什么?
It's when a husband and a wife get married. 一个丈夫跟一个妻子结婚。
So what do you think gay marriage is? 那你觉得什么是同性婚姻?
When a boy and a boy get married, and a girl and a girl get married. Aw, you're right. 一个男生跟一个男生结婚还有一个女生跟一个女生结婚。噢,没错。
Do you think that's very hard to understand? 你觉得那很难理解吗?
For some kids. But not for you? No, not really. 对有些小孩来说很难。但你不觉得难懂?不觉得。
Do you think anybody should be able to get married? 你觉得任何人都该有资格结婚吗?
If you're old enough. Uh, you...very wise. 如果你年纪够大的话。啊,妳...很明智欸。
Do you want to get married? Yes. When? When I'm 30. 你想结婚吗?想。什么时候?我三十岁的时候。
Why would someone want to get married? 为什么有人会想要结婚呢?
Because they're pregnant? Because they're pregnant? 因为他们怀孕了?因为他们怀孕了?
Could you tell us what gay marriage is? 你可以告诉我们什么是同性婚姻吗?
Um... Where boy marries another boy. 嗯...男生跟另一个男生结婚。
Okay, and could it be when a girl meets or marries another girl? Um, no. 好,那有可能是一个女生跟另一个女生结婚吗?嗯,不是。
Just boy meeting another boy? Yeah. 只有男生跟男生结婚吗?对。
Wow. What would it be called if a girl married another girl? 哇。那如果是女生跟女生结婚要叫什么呢?
Lesbianism. 蕾丝边。
Do you think anybody should be able to get married if they want to? Yes. How come? 你觉得任何人只要想结婚就有资格结婚吗? 对。怎么说?
Well, because if they want to, they should be able to. 因为如果他们想要,就有资格。
Would you want to get married? Um, not really. How come? 你想要结婚吗?嗯,不太想。为什么?
Because, um, when you get married, um, the other person is entitled to any money, um, the other person has. 因为,嗯,你结婚的话,嗯,另一个人就有权利拿另一个人所有的钱。
So it's a financial issue for you? Yeah. 所以对你来说是金钱上的问题?对。
See, he's fiscally conservative. 他对钱很保守。
|
原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/omrwfq/466454.html |