摩登家庭第三季 第44期:拿回海莉被骗的钱(在线收听

 Mm. All right, one thing at a time. Haley, how are you going to repay your friends? I don't know. 好吧,先一桩桩的来。海莉,你打算如何把钱还给你朋友?我不知道。

I know. You go there with a couple of guys--She's gotta get the money back. Who is this kid? 我知道。你带上几个弟兄去找他......她会把钱拿回来的。那小鬼是谁?
A guy at school's cousin's friend. He lives in Gardena. 是我同学表哥的朋友。他住在加迪纳。
Well, if you know where he lives, just call the police. 知道他的老巢在哪儿还不简单,报警就是了。
No cops. We can't afford a scandal right now. Claire's running for town council. 不能报警。咱家现在不能有丑闻。克莱尔要竞选镇议员呢。
That was before, when I thought you could take care of the children. 那是之前,我以为你能照顾好孩子们。
I take my eye off the ball for one minute, and I've got one in a coma, one with a black eye, and one running a crime ring. 我就一小会儿没盯着孩子,他们就一个倒地不起,一个变熊猫眼,还有一个在组织犯罪团伙。
Well, to be fair, Haley started her crime ring when your eye was still on the ball. 说句公道话,海莉的"小犯罪团伙"早在你盯着的时候就已经开始形成了。
It's not a crime ring. I just gotta get my hands on that $900. 那可不是犯罪团伙。我就是想拿回我那900元。
I know how the mafia would handle this. 我知道黑手党一般怎么解决这事儿。
The kid is right. I'm sick of these smart-ass punks who keep changing the rules and think they can get away with anything they want. 孩子说得对。我最讨厌那些小混混出尔反尔,乱了道上规矩,目中无人自以为凌驾一切。
I'm gonna pay this guy a visit. Haley, text me his address. 我要去会会那家伙。海莉,把他地址发给我。
I'm going with you. -Me, too. 我和你一起去。-我也去。
Oh, no. No. Nobody's going anywhere. Okay, we're not vigilantes. 不,不。谁也不能去。咱又不是治安队的。
Shotgun! -No! No weapons! 带上枪。-不!别抄家伙啊!
In my country, it is tradition when the men are out seeking vengeance, the women--they stay home, and they drink. 按我老家的传统,当男人出门寻仇时,女人们就在家喝酒。
Sometimes I think you just make this stuff up. -Do you want a drink or not? - Oh, yeah. 有时我觉得你纯粹是胡编乱造的。-你到底要不要来一瓶?-乐意至极。
So what happened? You were running for office, and now you're not? 到底是怎么回事?你本来要去竞选,现在又不干了吗?
Mm. I don't really want to talk about that. 我不太想谈这个。
I know. I am sick and tired of no one needing my help. 我就知道。我受够不被人需要的感觉了。
You are going to tell me what is wrong, and I'm gonna give you the right answer, because I have all of them. 你得告诉我出什么岔子了,而我会告诉你怎么解决,因为我是万事通。
So why are you not running for office? 说,你怎么又不去竞选了?
Because my family needs me too much. You saw what just happened. 因为我的家人缺了我不行。你刚也看到我们家的各种乱子了。
Why are you not running for office? 你怎么又不去竞选了?
That doesn't work on me. 这招对我可没用。
Why are you not running for office? ! Because I don't want to lose! I 你怎么又不去竞选?因为我不想输!我靠!
I haven't done anything outside of my house in 18 years. I don't want the first thing I do to be a complete failure. 我已经18年没在外工作了。我不想我干的第一件事就一败涂地。
Okay. I'm gonna tell you a story about a little girl who entered a beauty pageant...even though she was very, very scared that she was going to lose. 好吧。我要给你讲个小女孩的故事,她去参加一次选美,尽管她非常非常害怕失败。
 
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/mdjt/d3j/470658.html