打工姐妹花第二季 第217期:买保险的争论(在线收听

 I hope everything was satisfactory. 希望两位对本店还满意。

Can I get you ladies anything else... like a strong work ethic? 请问两位女士还需要点什么吗,比如强烈的职业道德如何?
Han, it's not funny. We're being sued. 阿憨,不好玩啦,我们被人告了。
Okay, let me see those. 好吧,文件给我看看。
I studied law in Korea, but I never made it through graduation. 我在韩国曾学过法律,但是我没有读到毕业。
I realized it wasn't my passion, and I pulled out. 因为我意识到那不是我的兴趣,所以我中途退出了。
Did they know it was in? 有人知道你曾"进去"过吗?
Let's see... Yeah, you're being sued. 我看看。没错,你们被告了。
What law school did you go to, CAL State-the-obvious? 你念的哪间破学校,加州"陈述事实"大学吗?
Did you graduate magna come rarely? 你是以最少高潮的成绩毕业的吗?
I told you, I pulled out. 我都说了,我退出了。
But don't worry, accidents like this happen in stores all the time. 但别担心,这种事故,开店的人都常常碰到。
That's why all businesses have insurance. 所以一般开店做生意的都会买保险。
Well, not all businesses. 不是所有的店都有买。
How could you not have insurance? 你们俩怎么能不买保险呢?
You need to get protection. And I'm not talking about condoms. 你们得保护自己啊。我不是说戴避孕套的那种"保护"。
We're not idiots, Han. We had the insurance discussion. 我们又不是傻子,阿憨。我们曾讨论过是否要买保险。
I was like, "Max, we need insurance." And she was like, "Do we have any money?" 我当时说  "麦克斯,我们得买保险"。她说"我们有钱买吗"。
And I was like, "No." And she was like, "What are the chances something will happen?" 我说"没有",然后她就说,"那发生意外的几率是多少"。
And I was like, "A million to one." 我说,"百万分之一吧"。
And she was like, "I like those odds. Let's go get gummi bears." 她就说,"我喜欢这种几率。我们去买小熊糖吧"。
And I was like, "Okay. But we'll talk about this at another time." 我就说,"好吧。这件事下次得再讨论吧"。
And here we are talking about it now. 看,我们现在就在讨论啦。
 
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/dgjmh/dgjmh2/478140.html