VOA常速英语2019--机场中的人口贩卖(在线收听

Airport Human Trafficking

I am a human trafficking survivor.

我是人口贩卖的幸存者。 

I was bought and sold. I wasn’t kidnapped.

我曾经被人买卖,但我没有被绑架。 

I was a young mother with young children who was looking for love in all the wrong places. I wanted to fit in.

我是几个孩子的母亲,但我在错误的地方寻找爱,我想融入他们。 

I work with Airline Ambassadors International as human trafficking awareness trainer.

我在国际航空大使工作,担任人口贩卖意识培训师。 

And I provide insight on what to look for, what to report, who to report it to, and why it’s so important for everyone to be aware of their surroundings.

我也给其他人员提供见解,包括他们应该观察什么、汇报什么、向谁汇报以及为什么观察周遭的环境如此重要。

Because people think that human trafficking is going on everywhere else.

人们可能认为人口贩卖只在其他地方发生, 

It’s going on all around us, because human trafficking is not just sexual exploitation, it is human trafficking.

其实就在我们身边。人口贩卖不仅仅是性交易,还有真正的“人口贩卖”。 

But the sexual exploitation of women, girls, men and boys happens so subversively and so subtly that sometimes you don’t recognize it, sometimes it looks like something else.

但是女性、女孩、男性和男孩身上发生的性交易总是很严重却很微妙,所以有时你看不出来这是性交易,以为是其他类型的事件。

And so, when I’m walking through an airport, I’m looking very differently at what I see.

所以,当我走在机场里的时候,我观察的东西跟别人不太一样。 

I’m looking at groups of people. I’m also looking at people who look vulnerable.

我观察成群结队的人。我也在寻找那些看起来很脆弱的人。 

They may be children that are traveling with someone that doesn’t look like they’re related.

他们可能是和一个看起来不像亲戚的人一起出行的孩子。 

I’ve seen, the times that I have actually witnessed a couple that were traveling with a young boy.

我亲眼见过一对夫妇带着一个小男孩出行。 

But this little boy was lethargic.

但是这个小男孩已经昏迷了, 

He had a high fever. He was in pain. They were carrying him.

发着高烧,非常痛苦。但他们还是带着他。 

But this little boy was maybe five to eight years old and I’m wondering why are they carrying this child?

这个小男孩大概也就5-8岁,然后我就想为什么要带上这个孩子呢? 

So those are the kind of things that you know that we look for.

这就是我们每天观察的东西。 

If I had a child that was that ill, I would not be getting on an airplane, you know.

如果我的孩子病得这么严重,我肯定不会把他带上飞机。 

Why are these young girls traveling with nothing but a purse?

还有,为什么一些女孩坐飞机只带一个钱包呢? 

They didn’t check anything. They didn’t check any luggage, but all they have is their purse and a one-way ticket.

她们过安检没有任何东西,也没有行李,只有一个钱包和一张单程机票。 

And they don’t know who’s meeting them. They only, “Oh, we saw a picture of him on Facebook. And we’re going to be models. We’re going to be movie stars.”

她们压根不知道自己要见的是谁,只会说:“哦,我在脸书上看过他的一张照片;我们要去当模特了;我们马上就是电影明星了。”

I was looking at these little girls over here.

我刚刚在观察那些小女孩。 

So what are you guys doing, are you going on vacation?

所以你们要去干什么呢?度假吗? 

We are.

是的。 

Yeah, where are you going?

要去哪里呢? 

We’re going to New York.

去纽约。 

Oh, New York, that sounds fun. What are you going to be doing there?

听起来不错,去纽约干什么? 

She and I will just be vacationing.

就是去度假。 

Alright. Well, have a great time.

好吧,祝你们旅途愉快。 

There...It’s just a little off, he’s answering for her.

他们有点不对劲,这个男人一直帮女人回答问题。 

She doesn’t look you in the eye. I’m asking questions but they’re very evasive about it.

这位女性不敢直视我,他们回避了所有我问的问题。 

Charlotte Ops 267 coming from Orlando, we have an unusual situation with a passenger, a male and a female in seats 10 D and E.

来自奥兰多的夏洛特267次航班请注意,有一对乘客有些异常,一男一女,座位是10D,10E。 

I’d like to report the flight attendant observations. We’d like to have law enforcement meet us at the gate to observe the situation and hopefully we can resolve this issue.

我想汇报空乘的观察结果,同时告知执法部门来门口与我们会面,我们需要观察情况,希望尽快解决。

I just don’t want another girl to go through what I went through.

我不想让其他女孩子重蹈我的覆辙。 

I don’t want to get another young woman to feel that they don’t matter, that they’re invisible.

我不想让年轻的女性觉得她们无关紧要或者无人在意。 

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/voastandard/2019/10/487211.html