看绯闻女孩学英语 142(在线收听

Serena: Oh, no!

噢,不!

Dan: Game over.

游戏结束。

You lost fair and square, and that's squared.

你输得堂堂正正,一分没得。

Serena: Am I really that bad?

我真的那么烂?

Dan: There aren't enough words to describe the kind of bad you are.

你的烂难以用言语描述。

Serena: Well, you promised if I lost again, you'd teach me.

你许诺说我再输的话,就教我。

Dan: All right. All right. That's a promise I intend to keep, not just for you, but for dive bars everywhere all across America.

好的,好的,我本就打算遵守诺言,不只是对你,对全美各地的桌球酒吧。

All right, come here. Now you have to remember, in pool, it's all about—take this stick— remember, it's all about the angles, the right angle, of course.

好的,过来吧。现在你得记住,在球台前,一切都取决于—拿着杆,记住,一切都取决于角度。正确的角度,当然。

Take the shot.Okay.Um, bring your hand back .

试试。好的。手放后面。

Dan: Here .

这里。

Serena: Right.

好的。

Dan: And, uh, wait. Oh, okay. Hold on.

然后,等等,好,保持。

You gotta be slow and just follow through, all right?

你得慢慢来,然后击球。

Serena: This is my song. Finally.

这是我的歌,终于放了。

Dan: I didn't know you liked this kind of music.

我不知道你喜欢这种音乐。

Serena: I think we've already established the things you don't know about me.

我想我们已经非常明确,你对我的不了解。

Dan: Oh, oh—other than your, uh, total lack of pools skills, what else?

哦,除了你完全没有桌球技术,还有什么?

Serena: Um, that I'm having the best time right now?

还有我现在十分快乐。

Dan: That I knew.

这我知道。

Serena: There's something vibrating in your pocket and I really hope it's your phone.

你口袋里有东西在震,我真的希望是你的手机。

Dan: Hold on.Oh, it's my dad.He knows I'm with you. He wouldn't call if it wasn't important.

等下。哦,是我爸爸。他知道我和你在一起,没有重要的事他也不会打来。

Serena: Oh, yeah, of course. Take it.

哦,当然,接吧。

Dan: Hello? What? No, no, no, he's not. Serena left her phone at the hotel?

喂?什么?没有,没有,他不在。Serena把手机忘在酒店了?

Serena: What? What's up?

什么?怎么了?

Dan: Oh, uh...Yeah, yeah, yeah. Dad, she's standing right here next to me.We'll take care of it.

哦......对,爸爸,她正站在我旁边。我们会搞定的。

Serena: Wait, take care of what?

搞定什么?

Dan: Slight change of plans.

计划小变动。

Serena: No! No, no. No change of plans.

不!不要,不要,计划不要变。

I like this plan of you teaching me the angles.

我喜欢你教我角度的这个计划。

Dan: I know.

我知道。

Serena: Remember, cute girl with total lack of pool skills?

记得吗?完全没有桌球技术的可爱女孩?

Dan: I remember. So does the table.

记得,这桌子也记得。

Serena: Come on, what could it possibly be that's more important than this right here? Can't it wait till tomorrow?

好了,什么能比这更重要?不能等到明天吗?

Dan: Actually, it can't.You need to call your brother right now.

事实上,不能。你得打个电话给你弟弟,现在。

第一、词汇窜烧

square: 公正的

pool: 撞球【球台】

shot: 击打,射击

establish: 证明

vibrate: 震动

slight: 微小的

第二、短语学习

1. know about: 了解

e.g.I'd love to know about the plan.

我想知道这个计划。

e.g.He's such an ostrich he doesn't want to know about his wife's love affairs.

他真是自己骗自己--对妻子有外遇不闻不问。

2. fair and square: 正大光明地

e.g.He won the game fair and square.

他正大光明地赢了这场比赛。

e.g.I have a clear conscience. I've always been fair and square.

我问心无愧。我一向是公正的。

3. hold on: 坚持,保持

e.g.Just a moment, I'll connect you. Hold on, please.

请稍候 ,我为你转接。请不要挂断。

e.g.He has been trying hard to hold on to his temper.

他一直尽力控制自己不发脾气。

4. other than: 除了

e.g.She has never been to a big city other than Chicago.

除芝加哥外她没有去过别的大城市。

e.g.None other than my parents can help me.

除父母外,无人能帮助我。

5. lack of: 缺少

e.g.The school superintendent was worried about the lack of qualified teachers.

教育厅长对缺少合格的教师感到忧虑。

e.g.The reason for the change is lack of money.

进行更改的原因就是缺少经费。

6. right now: 现在

e.g.I am doing nothing right now.

我现在没做什么事情。

e.g.I cannot give you our quotation right now.

现在我不能给你我们的报价。

7. next to: 在…旁边

e.g.May I bring my chair next to yours?

我可以把我的椅子移到你的旁边吗?

e.g.Peter sat next to Paul on the sofa.

彼得挨著保罗坐在沙发上。

8. take care of: 处理

e.g.You are not physically strong, so you may as well take care of your health.

你的体格不壮,因此最好注意健康。

e.g.I'll take care of it.

我来办这件事。

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/kfwnhxyy/503660.html