看绯闻女孩学英语 154(在线收听

Rufus :Haven't you heard? Your sister's Cinderella.

你没听说吗? 你妹妹现在是灰姑娘。

Dan: And let me guess. Your wicked stepsister is Blair Waldorf.

我来猜猜,你那个恶人姐姐是Blair Waldorf。

Jenny: Blair may have asked me to do a few things but I’m happy to help.

Blair或许是让我做了一些事,但我很愿意帮忙。

Rufus: And if she happens to help you out with an invite and outfit?

如果她帮你搞定了请柬和服装?

Jenny: It’ll all be worth it. Everyone in disguise in this old ballroom it's gonna be amazing, you know, I’m actually surprised Serena didn't mention it.

那就很值得了,所有人都乔装打扮,在这间古老的舞厅,一定会非常精彩的。其实我很惊讶Serena竟然没提过。

Dan: Why? We've only been out twice. It's not like all of a sudden,we have to do everything together.

为什么? 我们才出去过两次,又不是说突然之间,我们什么事都要一起做。

Rufus :All right, well I gotta go deliver this stuff. Let me know if you need me to pick you up a tux.

是啊,好了,我该走了,把这个送过去。要是需要我帮你选礼服就告诉我一声。

Dan: What? It's a masked ball.

怎么了? 是化装舞会。

I’m sure she thinks I’d never go to something that pretentious, which shows she knows me well.

我肯定她知道我从没参加过这么虚伪的活动,也就说明她很了解我。

Serena: I know him. a masked ball?

我了解他,化装舞会?

Dan would never want to go to something that pretentious, where he has to wear a mask and a tux?

Dan永远都不会想参加那种虚伪的活动的,要他戴面具,还要穿礼服。

Blair: He likes you. He would wear a tux and a mask and one of my mother's dresses if it meant that he could go out with you.

他喜欢你,他就会愿意穿礼服戴面具。而且为了能够和你出去约会,就算是我妈妈的礼服,他也会穿的。

Come on, what are you worried that he already has a date? I mean, he is Dan Humphrey.

怎么,你担心他已经有约会了? 我是说,他可是Dan Humphrey啊。

Serena: Shut up. I don't know. I guess a masked ball is better than a regular party,because then all those kids from school that he hates, she won't even recognize them.

闭嘴,我不知道。我想化装舞会是比一般的派对要有意思,因为至少那些学校里让他讨厌的人,他会认不出来。

Blair: All right. invite him, insist.

没错,请他来,我坚持。

Dan: I’m not saying I wouldn't go. If Serena asked me, I wouldn't deprive her of my company.

我不是说我不会去,如果Serena请我的话,我不能放弃和她一起的机会。

Rufus :No, that would be too cruel.

是啊,那就太残忍了。

Dan: But she hasn't asked me, so...

可是她没问我所以...

Rufus :If you want to go with her, just make it happen. Put yourself out there.

如果你想和她一起去,那就想办法实现,放开架子。

Dan: This thing happens in a matter of hours. The window for bold gestures is officially closed.

还有几个小时就要开始了,大胆采取行动的机会基本已经没有了。

Rufus :Is that her?

是她吗?

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/kfwnhxyy/504139.html