看绯闻女孩学英语 167(在线收听

Vanessa: So this Blair girl used you as her slave?

这个叫Blair的女生把你当作她的奴隶?

Jenny: No, I was her handmaiden.

不,我是她的女仆。

Vanessa: "Handmaiden" is Jane Austen for "slave."

女仆就是Jane Austen笔下的奴隶。

Jenny: She never actually said I would get to go to the ball.

她实际上从没说过我可以去参加舞会,

even if I did all those errands.

即使我跑腿这么多次。

Vanessa: Unh, unh. Don't make excuses for her.

别给她找借口。

You did all that stuff. You deserve to go.

你做了那么多事,你有资格去的。

Jenny: I thought you said that masked balls are "totally pretentious."

我以为你说过化装舞会太虚荣了。

Vanessa: One woman's opinion. But if you wanna go, no Blair should keep you away.

女人之见。但如果你想去,Blair是阻挡不了的。

Jenny: It's not just Blair. I mean, I don't have a gown.

不光是Blair,我没有礼服。

Vanessa: My friend works in the costume department at B.A.M.

我朋友在B.A.M.的服装部门工作

We can borrow one. Next?

我们可以借。还有下一个问题吗?

Jenny: I don't have an invitation.

我没有请柬。

Vanessa: Every ballroom has a back door. What else?

所有的舞厅都有后门的,还有什么?

Jenny: If Blair saw me, she'd be furious.

如果Blair看到我,她会气坏的。

Vanessa: Then it's a good thing you'll be wearing a mask.

好在你会戴面具。

Gossip girl: On the Upper East Side, appearances are often deceiving.

在上东区,表面这些东西通常都是骗人的,

From friends to hair color, there's always more than meet the eye.

从朋友到头发颜色的表面之下,总有很多看不到的事。

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/kfwnhxyy/504545.html