英语听力:自然百科:行星旅行指南 火星(21)(在线收听

If we are looking for Martian bugs,

如果我们正在寻找火星的虫子,

we should search for life forms at least as tough an alien as this.

我们寻找的应该是生命形式至少是非常异类的外星人。

I'm looking at Mars in a point of view of microbe.

我在以微生物的观点寻找火星上的微生物。

And it's a microbe I really need very, very tiny amount of water.

它是一种微生物,我认为真的只是需要非常,非常微量的水。

I could probably live my entire life happily in the tiny drop of water about the size of the point of a pen.

我或许可以靠着一支钢笔大小的水幸福地过我的整个生活。

Now we've shown over the years that orgamisms live in salt crust on the earth have enough sunlight coming in so that they can go through their day to day activities but still be protective from the radiation.

现在我们已经证明在过去多年来,生活在地球上的微生物住在盐结皮里,有足够的阳光照射进来,这样他们就可以过它们的日常活动,但仍受辐射保护。

And we know there's salt crust on Mars.

而且我们知道火星上有盐结皮。

ars has a long term wobble to its orbit.

火星的轨道有一个长期的摆动。

And every five million years or so,

而每五百万年左右,

the poles end up tilting 45 degrees toward the sun.

两极最终朝太阳倾斜45度。

A way of thinking about the Phoenix landing site is to think about the polar regions on earth, imaging you are there in winter.

对于思考凤凰登陆地点的一种方式是考虑到地球上的极地地区,想像你在冬天的时候。

It's very inhospitable, very cold, very alien.

它非常不友善,非常冷,非常陌生。

You think how can anything survive here.

你觉得有什么东西能在这里生存下去。

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/zrbaike/2012/505551.html