纸牌屋第一季 第9集:竞选活动(在线收听

When the enemy attacked, you ran away.

敌人进攻,你临阵脱逃

That's treason.

就是叛国

Now it's time to splatter your brains everywhere.

现在你该付出代价了

Please! Please, don't kill me!

求你了,求求你,不要杀我

Shut up! Die like a man!

闭嘴,有点骨气受死吧

But I have a wife and family.

可我还有妻有儿

That's what happens to cowards.

这就是懦夫的下场

Hey, shh, shh, shh! You have to keep it down.

嘘,嘘,小点声

There's an important meeting going on. Sorry.

里面正在开会呢,对不起

I'll set you up in the copy room.

我带你去复印室玩吧

You won't be in the way there.

就不会妨碍别人了

This is gonna be a close vote.

投票将会势均力敌

Most of your colleagues are not gonna wanna spend

你们大多同僚不愿在25个选区

this amount of money in just 25 districts.

投入这么多钱

Try persuasion first.

尽量先说服他们

Talking points are in your packets.

要点包含在备忘录里

And if you want more detailed information...

如果想了解更多详情

research, statistics... you can contact Gillian or myself.

调查,数据,可以联系吉莉安或我本人

And when it comes to doling out favors, talk to Doug.

如果要做人情,找道格

If favors don't work, come to me directly. Peter.

要是那还不行,直接来找我,彼得

I'll be campaigning in Pennsylvania.

我将在宾州展开竞选活动

All my events this week

这周所有的竞选活动

will be in counties within the watershed,

都安排在流域内的几个郡

so I'll be working the media angle.

我会来应对媒体

But if you need me to get on the phone with anybody,

如果需要我跟谁电话详谈

reach out to Christina.

联系克里斯蒂娜

She'll work it into my schedule.

她会帮我做安排

I have to say, Frank,

我有话直说了,弗兰克

$200 million is going to be a hard sell.

拨款两亿很难博得支持

The natural gas lobby's already putting up a big fight.

天然气公司的说客已经开始奋力抵制了

We need to make this about jobs.

我们的立足点是提供就业机会

But the drilling industry

但开采行业

can offer far more jobs than this bill can.

能比法案提供更多的就业机会

This bill doesn't threaten those jobs,

我们的法案并不威胁那些岗位

it just makes sure the drilling is done responsibly.

它只是确保了开采过程的可靠负责

It adds more jobs on top of that.

此外还能增加更多就业机会

I've already been approached by Sancorp with reelection funds.

桑科已就改竞选经费跟我谈过了

I have too. They offered me a donation package

我也是,他们向我提供的资助

from eight different drilling companies.

来自八个不同的钻探公司

Remy Danton? Yep.

雷米·丹顿,是的

How many of you been approached by Remy?

雷米还找过谁

Look, I know it's not easy to turn down money.

我知道很难拒绝金钱

But if the Republicans control redistricting in Pennsylvania,

但如果让共和党控制了宾州的选区重划

we lose the house next election,

我们会在下次竞选中失去多数席位

and all of you lose your committee chairmanships.

你们也保不住各自委员会的主席身份

This is a feather that we need in Peter's hat.

这一仗我们要为彼得打赢

A loss on this bill endangers his chance of winning,

法案不通过会危及他的胜算

and we are fighting to keep our majority here.

我们要努力保住多数党的席位

Any other concerns?

还有疑问吗

I want a first vote count by 4:00 tomorrow afternoon.

明天下午四点前拿出第一次计票结果

Thank you all very much.

非常感谢诸位

It's brutal. 22 stops in three days.

太残酷了,三天要跑22站

That's a lot of sleeping on the bus. No sleeping.

只能在车上睡觉了,哪有时间睡觉

That bus is the only place I can get work done.

我只能在车里干活儿了

You know, Francis did a big bus tour in '98,

98年弗兰西斯也曾去巡回竞选

and the bus lost its brakes going down a hill,

有一次车下坡时刹车失灵了

and we landed in a tobacco field.

结果冲进了烟草地里

He gets out of the car, knocks on the farmer's door,

他下了车,敲开农民的门

writes a check for all the damaged crops,

写了张支票,赔偿损坏的庄稼

and then borrows his pickup so he doesn't miss the next event.

还借来了卡车,好赶去下一战的活动

And it was actually fun.

还挺有意思的

He was driving. I was shotgun.

他开车,我坐副驾

We had the whole staff in the flatbed.

工作人员都坐在平板挂车里

We actually got there ten minutes early.

我们还提前十分钟就到了

I think I should be here to help drum up votes.

我觉得我该在这儿争取选票

Careful, sir. It's very hot.

小心,议员先生,非常烫

Look, you and the vice president will get national coverage.

你和副总统会引起全国媒体的注意

That's gonna help us with the count.

这就有助于我们得票了

I reached out to him. He never got back to me.

我联系过他了,但他没答复我

I don't know if he even knows the talking points about the bill.

我都不确定他是否知道法案的要点

I don't think Jim wants to go.

我看吉姆并不想去

He's doing it as a favor to the president and I,

他只是看总统和我的面子

so it doesn't matter if he doesn't know the talking points.

所以他知不知道要点都无关紧要

You know, people wanna see him be folksy, you know?

人们看到他和气的样子就够了

So just humor him. Show him some degree of...

就迁就他一下,给他几分...

Oh, my God.

天呐

Are you okay? It was an accident.

没事吧,不是故意的

Okay, it's time for us to go. I'm so sorry.

我们该走了,非常抱歉

It's all right. I just need to run it under some cold water.

没事,用冷水冲一下就好了

I'm not going to lie.

我不打算说假话

I despise children.

我讨厌小孩

There. I've said it.

我就这么说了

You can't act like that in here.

你怎么能这样呢

You have to be a big boy. I know.

你得懂点事,我知道

Peter, we really need to get going.

彼得,我们真得走了

We've already missed one flight because the meeting went over.

我们已经因为开会错过了一班飞机

I booked us another one at 9:25, but...

我又订了9点25的那班,但是...

We have to drop the kids off at school.

我们得送孩子去学校

It's going to be really tight.

这样时间就太紧了

If we miss this plane, we have to cancel our first event.

错过了这趟航班,第一站活动就得取消了

Nancy, can you take them?

南茜,能送他们吗

I've gotta get packets ready for the lunchtime subcaucuses.

我得准备午餐小组会议的备忘录

Peter, I'd do it,

彼得,我很想帮你

but we have a meeting with Greenpeace in 20 minutes.

但我们20分钟后要跟绿色和平会面

I gotta get their rating on the bill.

我需要他们对法案的民意调查

Where's their school?

他们学校在哪

Connecticut and Q.

康涅狄格街和Q街街角

Oh, I can take them. You sure?

我来送他们吧,可以吗

Yes. It's on the way to my office.

没问题,正好顺路

This watershed act proves that once again

这项流域法案再次证明

the anticapitalist agenda

反资本主义的议程

is alive and well in the Democratic party.

依然在民主党内盛行

Let me show you what's really going on.

让我告诉你到底是怎么回事

Here are the democrats eating up all of their

这是民主党人在吞下

soft science, "Organically homegrown" propaganda

环保狂热分子给他们强行灌输的

that the ecofanatics are forcefeeding them.

软科学和"有机自产"理念

And over here, at the tail end of all those jackasses,

而这里,是那些蠢事造成的后果

are middleclass Americans...

就是美国中产阶级

people who just want to work hard

那些只想努力工作

and rely on jobs in the drilling industry.

靠开采业谋生的人

And what about the hypocrisy, folks?

那这个伪君子呢

Does Peter Russo honestly have the gall

彼得·罗素还真敢

to lecture us on the purity of our rivers

教训我们要净化河流

when he has been polluting himself with chemicals for years?

而他多年来一直用化学品污染自己

He's not just been eating grass, he's been smoking it.

他不止吃草,还吸食(大麻)

It's the only major bill he's sponsored in six years.

这是他六年来发起的唯一一份重要法案

I know, but they already have national coverage.

我知道,但报道已经覆盖全国

What's the angle?

你想写什么

If it doesn't pass,

如果法案没通过

I think he'll lose support from the shipbuilders' association.

我想他会失去船厂协会的支持

So they lose support. It's not that juicy.

失去支持,这不够劲爆

They're a huge part of his getoutthevote effort in Philly.

船厂协会是他在费城拉票的重头戏

It sounds like inside baseball.

一般人看不懂的

Not if I get the vote count. Black and white numbers.

要是能把票数摆在那儿就清楚明白了

Nobody has that. But when I called the campaign,

没人报道这个,但我打给竞选办公室

they stonewalled me.

他们口风很紧

Same thing in the whip's office.

党鞭办公室也一样

Do you know anyone over there?

你那里有认识的人吗

In Underwood's office?

安德伍德办公室

No, I don't.

不,没有

Nobody on staff?

一个都不认识

I just figured because you gave me the Russo profile.

毕竟是你给了我罗素的专访

No, that didn't come from them.

不,不是他们给我的

But Underwood organized the campaign.

但安德伍德组织了竞选

I'm sorry. I don't know anybody there.

抱歉,我不认识那儿的人

Okay.

好吧

Hey, it's me. I just wanted to fill you in on something.

是我,我有些事要告诉你

I should be back home at 10:00. Meet me there.

大概晚上10点到家,我家见

Sarah made this one. It's a frog.

这是萨拉折的,是青蛙

And I made this one. Can you guess what it is?

我折了这只,你猜是什么

A lobster? No. It's a scorpion.

龙虾,不对,是蝎子

They're for you. For the ones you gave us.

送给你的,谢谢你的天鹅

Aw, they're beautiful.

真漂亮

But maybe you should bring them to school, no?

可你不想带去学校吗

For showandtell? Or give them to your friends.

向同学展示一下,或者送给朋友

No. The other kids will just make fun of us.

不,其他孩子只会嘲笑我们

Why?

为什么

Everybody hates us at school.

学校里人人讨厌我们

They say dad's a crackhead and that we're crack babies.

他们说爸爸是瘾君子,我们是毒宝宝

I looked up "Crack baby" on the computer.

我上网查过"毒宝宝"

I don't look like that.

我不长那样

Yeah, they say dad's gonna O.D. like Amy Winehouse.

他们说爸爸会像艾米·怀恩豪斯那样吸毒致死

Well, you tell them

那就告诉他们

that your dad doesn't do that kind of thing anymore, right?

你们爸爸已经戒毒了

Yeah, we do, but they don't believe us.

我们说了,但没人相信

Did you try going to the teachers?

你们试过找老师吗

We can't do that. Everyone will just hate us even more.

不能那么做,大家只会更讨厌我们

Well, you can't worry about what other people think, right?

不能太在乎别人怎么想,是不是

I wish dad wasn't running for Governor.

真希望爸爸不竞选州长

You ever been to Allentown before? I have not.

你之前来过艾伦镇吗,没有

What do you think?

你觉得这里怎么样

Compared to New York, the parking is easier.

比起纽约,停车容易些

Finding a decent bagel, not so much.

想找好百吉饼就没那么容易了

We make up for it with the cream cheese.

但我们有奶油干酪

Shall we? Ready when you are.

开始吗,你准备好就开始

Your watershed bill.

你的流域法案

You've ticked off the Republicans, oil, gas...

你惹火了共和党,石油业,天然气业

Sometimes you gotta upset a few people to do the right thing.

有时为了做正确的事,难免要惹一些人

Not just a few.

不只是一些人

There's a sizable coalition that wants to see your bill fail,

希望你法案失败的人加起来可不少

including environmentalists from your own party.

包括民主党内的环保人士

Don't think the bill does enough.

他们认为法案不尽如人意

We wanted a passable bill.

我们的目的是通过法案

That's why we aimed for middle ground...

所以法案没有太苛刻

Do you actually care about the Delaware river?

你真的关心特拉华河吗

I don't sponsor legislation I don't care about.

我不会发起自己不关心的法案

Until recently, you hadn't sponsored any legislation at all.

在此之前,你从未发起过任何法案

I spent my time in congress focusing on things

我在国会集中精力做

that were important to my constituents.

对我选民重要的事

The shipyard.

造船厂

Kept it open as long as I could.

我已经尽可能维持了

Okay. That's one thing. What are the others?

好,这算一件事,还有别的吗

I'd love to provide you a list

我很乐意一一列举

of all the things I've done in congress,

我在国会做过的事

but we've got 15 minutes...

但我们只有15分钟

Your opponent has linked your inactivity

你的反对者认为你的无作为

to your fondness for singlemalts.

与你嗜饮纯麦芽酒有关

I've been very open about my past,

我对自己的过去很坦诚

and I've done everything I can to overcome it

我已经竭尽全力去克服它

in a responsible, permanent way.

负责且永远地戒酒了

And I preferred vodka to scotch.

而且比起威士忌,我更喜欢伏特加

You should get your facts straight.

你该查清楚了再说

Is your watershed act

你的流域法案

just a ploy to jump into the spotlight

是不是你为竞选州长

and pad your transcript while you apply for Governor school?

用来增加曝光和政绩的策略

It's real money.

钱是真的

It's real jobs.

工作是真的

And when the Delaware river is less

等特拉华河呈现50年来

polluted than it's been in 50 years...

未有的清澈

it's holding up a real glass of its water

我们就能举起一杯真正的河水

and seeing how clear it is.

看看它有多干净

That's what my bus tour is about.

这就是我巡回竞选的目的

The vice president is joining you later? Correct.

副总统随后也会加入,没错

Why has it taken him this long to endorse you?

他怎么这么久才表示支持

He didn't think I was worth it.

他觉得我不够格

But then he heard I had a oneonone with the New York Times,

但他听说《纽约时报》要对我进行单独采访

and, boom, he was on board.

便立刻决定入伙了

I might print that.

这话我可能会登出来

The more of my words, the fewer of yours,

多保留我的原话,少添油加醋

the better off we'll both be.

这样对我们都好

If I didn't think you were such a liability to yourself, congressman,

议员先生,如果不是认为你会拖累自己

I might even like you.

我没准会喜欢你

If your circulation was as high as the Wall Street Journal,

如果你们的发行量能赶上《华尔街日报》

I might like you back.

我没准也会喜欢你

Hit me. Next question.

放马过来吧,下一个问题

I have to put up a fight, Frank.

我必须得做出反抗,弗兰克

Tell them they're wasting their money.

告诉他们,这是在浪费钱

It's gonna pass. Are you sure?

法案会通过的,你确定

When was the last time I got a count wrong?

我什么时候失算过

If you were certain, you wouldn't be trying to neutralize us.

你真这么有把握,就不必来打压我们了

Well, Sancorp has been good to me.

桑科向来待我不薄

I'm just trying to do you and them a favor, Remy.

我只是想帮你和他们一个忙,雷米

Then why propose the legislation in the first place?

那当初为什么要提议这一法案

You must've known they would oppose it.

你肯定知道他们会反对

The regulatory restrictions are minimal.

法案中的监管限制很少

There's a bigger battle here, Frank.

这关乎大局,弗兰克

Sancorp is against any step toward regulation,

桑科反对一切监管举措

no matter how small.

无论力度多小

Russo's planted his feet on the wrong side of the fence.

罗素这是站错队了

How much are you giving his opponent?

你们给了他对手多少钱

Check the F.E.C. filings.

去查联邦竞选委员会的报告

How much are you actually giving?

你们实际给了多少

This is a tenbilliondollar industry, Frank.

这可是价值百亿的产业,弗兰克

There's money to spend.

有的是闲钱

If the democrats lose Pennsylvania,

如果民主党失掉了宾州

you know what that means.

后果你很清楚

We don't want you to lose leadership,

我们不希望你丢了饭碗

but that's up to you, not us.

但这取决于你,不是我们

You don't have the same kind of relationship

你们和共和党人之间

with the republicans that you have with me.

可没有和我这般的关系

Then we'll adapt.

那我们就顺应改变

We both have votes to count. Good luck.

我们都还得算选票,祝你好运

You tell Sancorp they're being foolish.

去告诉桑科,这是在犯傻

I'm not gonna do that.

我不会说的

Well, then, you're being foolish.

那么你就是在犯傻

Come on, Frank.

别这样,弗兰克

Let's not make this personal.

不要人身攻击

I can't compete with Sancorp's war chest.

桑科资金雄厚,我难以匹敌

My only option is asymmetrical...

我只能采取不同于他们的策略

to pick off the opposition one by one

逐个击破敌人

like a sniper in the woods.

就像林中的狙击手

There will come a time to put Remy in my crosshairs,

总有一天,我的准星会对向雷米

but not right now.

但现在时机未到

As we used to say in Gaffney,

加夫尼那里有句老话

never slap a man while he's chewing tobacco.

千万别惹正嚼烟草的人

Congressman, how are you?

议员先生,你好

I deeply appreciate you taking the time out of your schedule...

您百忙之中前来,我深表感谢

Hank, I need to eat.

汉克,我要吃东西

See if you can muster up a club sandwich, extra bacon.

去给我弄份总会三明治,双份培根

Fuck me.

真不给面子

Thai cuisine again.

我又买了泰国菜

The green curry is for you, and the other green curry is for me.

绿咖喱是给你的,另一份绿咖喱是我的

I was actually just on my way out.

我正要出去呢

I bought you dinner. You have to eat it.

我给你买了晚饭,你必须得吃

Or at the very least, you have to watch me eat mine.

至少也得看着我吃

I'm gonna be late to meet someone.

我约见别人,要迟到了

Who? Like a date? A friend.

谁啊,约会吗,一个朋友

Oh, the mysterious fuckbuddy who you get all of your stories from?

那位给你爆料的神秘炮友

Lighten up. I was just teasing.

别这么严肃,我逗你玩呢

Not that I would judge.

而且我也不会说什么

We've all done it.

我也干过这事

I used to suck, screw,

从前为了挖新闻

and jerk anything that moved just to get a story.

我不择手段,谁都敢上

Really? Like who?

真的吗,都有谁

You want dish?

你也想去试试

No. It's just...

不,只是

The com director on Ben Schroeder's senate race.

本·施罗德竞选参议员时的媒体关系主管

A staffer in the Defense Department.

国防部的一个职员

My very own White House intern.

还有个白宫实习生

He was a real blabbermouth when he wasn't eating me out.

他嘴没占着的时候可能说了

And I even had a fling with a congressman.

我甚至还跟一名国会议员发生过关系

Which one?

哪个议员

You tell me yours, and I'll tell you mine.

告诉我你的,我就跟你说

I've never been with any.

我没睡过议员

Oh, come on. You're hot.

少来了,你这么性感

You're telling me that none of them have come on to you?

他们就没人对你有过意思

I haven't really been in those circles.

没在那个圈子里混过

You are now.

你现在进圈子了

I guess I don't really give off that vibe.

可能我没有那种气质

Oh, you mean the slut vibe?

你是说荡妇气质吗

Look, I don't do that shit anymore.

听着,我现在不那么干了

'Cause once word got out,

因为话一传开

it was like I hit a wall, and nobody took me seriously.

我就四处碰壁,没人拿我当回事

So, a piece of advice as far as career strategies go:

就职场策略而言,给你一点建议

It's not worth fucking your way to the middle.

为了一点点地位跟人上床不值得

Chopsticks or fork?

用筷子还是叉子

Look, if you go, I am gonna have to eat both of these,

你要是走了,我就得吃两份了

and that is not cool.

那可不好

No. I'll eat with you.

不,我留下跟你一起吃

Good.

好的

Back home, Meechum.

回家,密查姆

Sir.

Francis...

弗兰西斯

How's your hand?

你的手怎么样了

Fine.

还好

You should change the bandage, no?

不是该换绷带了吗

Later.

待会儿

I thought you were gonna be out late.

你不是要晚归吗

No.

You seem upset. I'm not.

你好像心情不好,没有

What happened? Nothing.

发生了什么事,没事

Can I get more than two words out of you?

你能多说两个字吗

I'm just trying to relax.

我只是在放松

Claire,

克莱尔

I love you.

我爱你

I love you too.

我也爱你

Did Zoe expect me to twiddle my thumbs until her arrival?

佐伊指望我焦躁难安地等她吗

Perhaps she's making the mistake

我看她是搞错了

thinking her time is as valuable as mine.

以为她的时间和我的一样宝贵

Proximity to power deludes some into believing they wield it.

接近权力让一些人错以为他们拥有权力

I put an end to that sort of thinking before it begins.

我要把这种错觉扼杀在萌芽中

And if I'm not mistaken, the last time I was in Tannersville,

如果我没记错,上次来坦纳斯维尔时

Buddy Corcharan pulled me aside

巴蒂·寇克兰把我拉到一边

and told me I was wasting my time,

跟我说我这是在浪费时间

because the Republicans

因为共和党

were gonna sweep Monroe County in a landslide.

在门罗郡会以压倒性的优势获胜

Well, Buddy had to eat his hat and both his shoes

巴蒂后来只得吃掉他的帽子和鞋

eat one's hat and shoes

赌输了吃掉帽子和鞋

when I won the county in a landslide.

因为是我以压倒性优势赢得了本郡

And let me tell you, that man has big feet

而且,他有双大脚

and an even bigger head, so that was quite a meal.

头更大,够他好好吃一顿了

My daddy used to tell me a story

我爸爸曾给我讲过一个故事

about people who count their chickens before they hatched.

说在小鸡孵出之前就数有几个的人

Although, to be fair,

不过说实话

he probably didn't know what he was talking about,

他大概根本不知道自己在说什么

because he grew up in Pittsburgh.

因为他是匹兹堡人

And I certainly never saw a hen around my house,

我家周围也没有一只母鸡

unless you count my mother.

除非你把我妈也算上

Do you want me to do something? But, seriously,

要我插手吗,但是,说正经的...

No. Let him talk. ...I do love this town...

不用,让他说,我很爱这座城市...

I don't know if he's ever going to introduce you.

我不觉得他会引你出场

He will. Just give him time.

他会的,给他点时间

Because it still has that frontier spirit.

因为它仍有拓荒者的气质

It's been an hour.

都一小时了

We were supposed to leave for Carbondale ten minutes ago.

我们十分钟前就该去卡本代尔了

I can't interrupt him. He's the Vice President.

我不能打断他,他可是副总统

We're not on the edge of Penn's Woods.

我们又不是在宾州边境上

We need economic development flowcharts

我们得把流域法案的经济发展

for the watershed bill sent over to Terry Womack's office.

流程图送交泰瑞·乌麦克办公室

Hard copies, 20 of them. I'll do it right away.

打印稿, 20份,我就去办

How's everything going with Rachel?

瑞秋怎么样了

I think she's a little down in the dumps.

心情不怎么好

She got a waitressing job last week,

上周她找到份服务员的工作

and then they let her go.

但又被解雇了

Why? She wouldn't tell me.

为什么,她不告诉我

All she said was her boss was a creep.

就说老板是个变态

Thirty minutes ago, I received a text from Zoe.

30分钟前,佐伊给我发了条短信

She intends to apologize, no doubt.

毫无疑问,她想道歉

I respect that she wants to atone in person,

我尊重她想当面忏悔的意愿

even though it's taken her over 16 hours to build up the courage.

尽管她花了16个小时才鼓起勇气

Janine Skorsky is digging into Peter Russo.

简宁·斯克斯基正在调查彼得·罗素

What in particular?

具体什么方面

The shipbuilders' association.

造船厂协会

She have an angle?

她要怎么写

The watershed bill is a consolation prize for them losing their jobs.

流域法案是对他们失去工作的补偿

That's not an unfair assessment.

这话说的有点道理

She thinks if the bill fails to pass,

她认为如果法案没有通过

they'll withdraw support.

他就会失去船厂的支持

Not an unfair speculation.

推测得有点道理

Well, I know how hard you've been working on his campaign,

我知道你为他的竞选付出了很多

so I wanted to give you a headsup.

想给你提个醒

Well, let me know if she expands her inquiry.

如果她扩大调查告诉我一声

Into what? Anything you deem worth telling.

扩大到哪,你认为值得说的

Well, can I throw her a bone?

我能先给她点甜头吗

She might be more talkative if I have information for her.

如果我透点消息给她,她可能更肯说

What sort of bone? The vote count for the bill.

什么样的甜头,法案的计票结果

I don't have a vote count yet.

计票还没出来

Should have a preliminary one this afternoon.

下午会有个初步结果

You'll let me know? As soon as I have something solid.

你会告诉我吗,有确实消息就告诉你

There's one more thing.

还有件事

About last night...

昨天晚上...

Oh, no need to apologize.

不用道歉

I'm sure you had a very good reason.

你肯定有个充足的理由

I do.

是的

I think we should end it.

我觉得我们不应该继续了

Not professionally, the other thing.

不是公事方面,另一方面

Why now?

为什么是现在

We have a really good working relationship.

我们的工作关系很好

I don't wanna overcomplicate that.

我不想搞得过于复杂

All right.

可以

You're okay with it? Completely.

你没有意见,完全没有

It's over.

结束了

And it won't change things in terms of our arrangement?

我们之间的合作不会受到影响

Oh, please. I don't punish people for making adult decisions.

当然,我不会为一个成熟的决定而惩罚人

Thank you, Francis.

谢谢你,弗兰西斯

She was never more than a faint blip on my radar.

她于我微若尘埃

We've served each other's purpose.

我们互相利用

If she wants to be an adult,

她想做个成年人

let her see how she can fly once she leaves the nest.

就让她看看离巢之后她能飞多远

Claire. Catherine.

克莱尔,凯瑟琳

Thank you for fitting me in.

谢谢给我时间

Oh, I can always find time for you and Frank.

对你和弗兰克我总是有空的

Well, the reason I'm here is the C.W.I. has

我来是因为净水计划

a large shipment of water filters stuck in South Sudan,

有一大批滤水器卡在了南苏丹

and they've been in storage for the past four months,

过去四个月一直放在仓库里

just sitting there, and the Sudanese government...

就放在那儿,苏丹政府...

Won't release the shipments through customs.

不肯让海关放这批货

My deputy briefed me on the latest.

我的助理向我汇报了最新进展

Right. And I know that Francis

好,我知道弗兰西斯

spoke to you about this not too long ago,

不久前也跟你提过

but lately we haven't heard much from the state department,

但最近国务院没有什么消息

so I was wondering if you could help.

我就想能不能找你帮忙

We've done our best, Claire.

我们已经尽力了,克莱尔

I put my top people on this.

我调了最有能力的人去处理

The Sudanese are just not responding.

苏丹那边就是不给回应

Well, is there anything else we can do?

我们还能做些什么吗

There's over $200,000 worth of equipment.

那可是价值超过二十万的设备

I wish I could. I know how important this is to you,

我也想帮你,我知道这对你有多重要

but we're about to cut off diplomatic ties.

但我们即将断绝邦交

It's a directive straight from the President.

这是总统直接下达的指令

We can't ignore their human rights violations anymore.

我们无法继续忽视他们违反人权的行为

What about back channels?

非正式的途径呢

Well, once we cut ties, I can't contact their government

一旦断绝邦交,无论正式还是非正式

officially or unofficially.

我都不能联系他们的政府

Well, is there someone you could put me in touch with?

你能帮我联系上什么人吗

I'm sorry, Claire. My hands are tied.

抱歉,克莱尔,我无能为力

I would move mountains for you and Frank,

我愿意为你和弗兰克上刀山

but I've done all I can.

但我已经尽力了

Of course.

当然

Okay. Good to see you. You too.

见到你很高兴,我也是

Congressman, you have a major bill

议员,这周晚些时候

going to the floor later this week.

你将有部重要法案进行投票

Are you optimistic it'll pass? I'm very optimistic.

你有信心它会通过吗,非常有信心

The Delaware river watershed Act not only protects

《特拉华河流域法案》不仅能保护

large portions of the state's freshwater resources,

州内大部分淡水资源

it also creates thousands of jobs.

还能创造数以千计的工作岗位

I'm confident that my colleagues on the Hill...

我有信心,国会的同事...

There's only one way to create jobs.

促进就业只有一个办法

I did it during my administration.

我任州长时曾实施过

The answer is tax credits for small businesses.

就是减免小公司的税额

You've got to encourage selfstarting entrepreneurs

我们要鼓励白手起家的企业家们

to start new ventures,

经营新企业

hire employees... But specifically,

雇佣员工,具体地

about the watershed act... Small businesses,

关于流域法案,小公司

that's the solution. Everything else is window dressing.

才是解决之道,其他都是在装门面

Thank you all very much.

非常感谢各位

Thank you.

谢谢

Good night, Mr. VicePresident.

晚安,副总统先生

Hello.

你好

I need to talk about Matthews.

我想谈谈马修斯

Yes. I read the press reports.

没错,我看过新闻报道了

He's not being very helpful, is he?

他没帮上什么忙,是吗

He's doing more harm than good.

他害多利少

I want to ask him to leave.

我想让他离开

Well, that wouldn't make for a very good story.

那说出去可不好听

It's better than him torpedoing the whole bus tour.

那也比让他毁了整个巡回竞选强

Have you tried to talk to him?

你有和他谈过吗

No, I wanted to ask your advice first.

还没,我想先征求你的意见

Well, maybe there's a way

也许有办法

to keep him on the tour and inspire his support.

能不赶他走又让他支持你

We have fundamentally different views.

我们的观点存在本质差异

Well, look, you're not going to be able change his ideology,

你无法改变他的观念

but dig deeper.

触动他的心

Jim is a proud man. Tap into that pride.

吉姆是个骄傲的人,从骄傲下手

I just wish he was gone.

我只想他走人

Well, you do whatever you think best.

做你觉得最合适的事

But whatever it is you decide,

但无论决定怎样

be firm and stand up for yourself.

一定要坚守自己的立场

He'll respond to that at least.

至少他会对此有所回应

And call me back if you need anything.

还有需要,再给我打电话

What was the reason he gave you? Were you messing up?

他给的理由是什么,你闯祸了吗

No. The head waiter said I was doing a really good job.

没有,领班说我做得很好

He even started letting me take my own tables on the second day.

他第二天甚至开始让我独自负责餐桌

And then the manager... what's his name?

那就是经理,他叫什么

Leon.

里昂

He propositioned you?

他调戏你了

Called me into his office,

他叫我去他办公室

said couldn't afford to start taking anyone new on, even parttime.

说不能再雇新员工了,甚至是兼职的

Put his hand on my knee, said he might be able to make an exception.

他把手放在我的膝盖上,说可以有例外

So he started sliding his hand up my thigh.

然后他的手滑向了我的大腿

So I stood up and I tell him I should get back to work.

我站起来说要回去工作

He says, "Stay." He unbuckled his belt.

他说"留下" 解开了自己的皮带

Did you?

你做了吗

No, I walked out of the office and got back to my tables.

没有,我走出办公室,回去工作

Next day, I came into work, told me to go home.

第二天去上班时,他要我回家

I was fired.

我被辞退了

Tell me the name of the restaurant.

告诉我餐馆的名字

You're home early.

你回家好早

I needed a breather.

我需要休息下

I didn't have breakfast this morning.

今早我都没吃早饭

I might head back in a little while.

我过会儿可能还要回去

The vote count?

投票算得如何

It's going to come down to the wire on this one.

这次得最后才见分晓了

I spoke to Catherine Durant today.

我今天和凯瑟琳·杜兰特谈过了

She's unable to get the shipment out of South Sudan.

她无法将那批货运出南苏丹

Yeah, we're cutting all diplomatic ties.

是的,我们要断绝一切邦交

Foreign Affairs is up in arms about it.

外事委员会对这事很恼火

Yes. Which is why she can't lift a finger, according to her.

对,据她说,因此她毫无办法

It's what she said anyway. Anyway, I need you to talk to her.

总之她是这么说的,你得去和她谈谈

I don't think that would make any difference.

我看那样也没什么用

I thought she owed us, Francis.

她不是欠我们的吗,弗兰西斯

She does, but there's limits.

确实,但她能力有限

She's Secretary of State.

她是国务卿

She can't break diplomatic protocol.

不能违反外交协议

Well, can you make some calls?

那你能打几个电话吗

If she can't, I can't.

如果她做不到,我也没办法

Plus I have to focus on the watershed bill.

再说我得集中精力在流域法案上

I'm taking time out of my schedule to help you with that.

我都抽时间来帮你弄法案了

Because you drafted it. Because you asked me.

因为是你起草的,因为是你要求的

I didn't want to do this.

我不想做这事

All I'm asking is that you give me a little bit of your time in return.

我只求你也能抽一点时间帮我

And how am I supposed to fix a problem I can't fix?

我要如何解决一个我无力解决的问题

What about Remy?

雷米怎么样

Glendon Hill must have contacts in South Sudan.

格兰顿希尔在南苏丹一定有联系人

He's fighting us on the vote.

他在投票的事上和我们作对

Those are two completely separate issues.

那完全是两码事

They are not.

根本就是一回事

He does you a favor, he hangs it over me.

他帮了你的忙,马上就会来要挟我

So what you're saying is my goals are secondary to yours.

你的意思是我的目标在你的之下吗

That is not what I'm saying.

我不是那个意思

I think you don't want to go hat in hand

我觉得根本是你拉不下脸来

to somebody who used to work for you.

求你的老部下帮忙

I will not be lectured to the moment you walk in the door!

你别一进门就教训我

I called Catherine, as promised!

我说话算话,给凯瑟琳打了电话

Her inability to deliver is not my problem or my fault!

她做不到根本和我毫无关系

I cannot control changing global landscapes!

我又控制不了全球格局的改变

And I will not be cornered into making promises I cannot deliver!

更不会受迫许下无法履行的诺言

I am sorry I yelled.

抱歉我冲你发火了

I'm under a lot of pressure.

我压力很大

You're right, I didn't think it through.

你说得对,是我没想清楚

I just can't go to Remy right now.

我现在真的不能去求雷米

He's poaching too many of my people.

他已经拉拢了太多我的人

I've got two congressmen

还有两位国会议员

who will not commit.

仍然举棋不定

I was hoping you might speak to them.

我本来还指望你能跟他们谈谈

Who?

都是谁

Vanderburgh and Abrams.

范德博格和艾布拉姆斯

What is it that you want me to say to them?

你想让我跟他们说什么

They're big on the environment.

他们很重视环保

They don't think the bill goes far enough.

他们觉得那项法案没多大用处

They respect your opinion.

他们尊重你的意见

I wanted you to walk them through the bill stepbystep.

我希望你能逐条讲解一下法案

Put them at ease. I need to get them in the yes column.

让他们放心,我得说服他们投赞成票

I meet with them tomorrow. I'll deliver the bruises.

明天我先跟他们碰面,敲打敲打他们

You meet with them later and patch them up.

之后你再去安抚一下

That might just do the trick.

软硬兼施估计能管用

Of course.

没问题

I think I broke the bowl.

我好像把碗打碎了

We have contacts there through our oil interest.

我们因为石油交易和那边有联系

I'm going to need government intervention.

我需要政府的干预

Wherever there's a government, we know people.

有政府的地方我们就有人脉

Even when there's only the illusion of a government.

哪怕只是个不成形政府

Will you help me?

你会帮我吗

I'd like to.

我很愿意

But for something like this, I'm afraid there's a price tag.

但办这么大事,可是要花钱的

The C.W.I. will endorse Sancorp as ecofriendly.

净水计划会为桑科做环保认证

They can use our logo on any PR

他们可以在任何公关和营销材料上

or marketing materials you want.

使用我们的标志

We'll need more than that.

这可不够

They were willing to donate over a million for that.

他们之前肯为这些捐一百多万

These filters are only worth $200,000.

那些滤水器只有二十万

I'd say that's a bargain.

这已经很划算了

You turned down that offer.

可你拒绝了那笔钱

Landscape has shifted since then.

现在形势已经不同了

The watershed bill? That's right.

流域法案,没错

You want it amended?

你要我修改法案吗

I want you to kill it, the whole thing.

我要你让法案流产

C.W.I. has publicly backed the bill, Remy.

净水计划已经公开支持这项法案了,雷米

What you do publicly is your concern.

明面上的事我不管

Gentlemen. Please, have a seat.

先生们,请坐

So have either of you changed your mind since we last spoke?

我们上次谈话之后你们改主意了吗

We're still undecided, Frank.

我们还没拿定主意,弗兰克

Leaning one way or the other?

倾向赞成还是反对呢

If congress is going to allocate a quarter billion dollars,

如果国会要注资2.5亿美元

we want to make sure it goes towards a

我们希望这笔钱能投到

bill that does more to protect the...

更有利于环保的...

We've been through all that. I know your concerns.

这些我们都谈过了,我了解你们的顾虑

So if the protection standards don't change,

所以如果法案的环保措施不能提高

we would rather see that money spent more effectively elsewhere.

我们更希望把钱花在更有效的举措上

That sounds like you're both leaning no.

那就是说你们都倾向于反对了

We've been very clear about what we're asking.

我们的要求一直非常明确

Okay.

好吧

This is you, Abrams.

这个是你,艾布拉姆斯

And this is you, Vanderburgh.

这个是你,范德博格

And over here...

这边

is the majority of the Democratic caucus.

是大多数民主党成员

See, you're over there all by your lonesome.

你们就站在那边孤军奋战

Now, you don't mind being the black sheep.

你们并不介意做害群之马

You're the liberal wing of the liberal wing.

你们是左派中的左派

Most of the time you can vote what you want,

多数时候你们怎么投票都行

we still pass things anyway.

反正法案总能获得通过

But this time

但这次

it does matter.

你们的票很重要

And what the two of you aren't taking into account

而你们两个没有考虑到的

is between this end of the desk and this end of the desk...

是处在桌子这端和这端之间的

is me.

是我

Now, I'm going to say to you what I say to every congressman

下面我要说其他曾坐在这里的议员

that sits where you're sitting now.

也听我说过的话

Vote your district. Vote your conscience.

投票要顾及你的选区,凭良心

Don't surprise me.

别让我措手不及

And the most important one of those...

而其中最重要的一点

is don't surprise me.

就是别让我措手不及

Now, you're both to meet with my wife tomorrow.

你们俩明天要和我妻子会面

And you're to hear her out.

你们要洗耳恭听

She will go through your concerns pointbypoint.

她会逐项解答你们的顾虑

And I am certain after that

我敢保证,之后

that the two of you will make the right decision.

你们会做出正确的决定

This is the part where you leave.

你们该走了

I have often found that bleeding hearts

我常发现流血的心(悲天悯人者)

have a ironic fear of their own blood.

反而很害怕流血

One drop and they seize up.

流一滴就会罢工

But offer them a caring hand and massage them back to life

不过只要伸出关爱之手,将它按摩复苏

and they soon start beating to the right drum.

它就能很快跳动正确的节奏

Hello.

I've just spoken to Abrams and Vanderburgh.

我刚跟艾布拉姆斯和范德博格谈过了

Let them toss and turn tonight,

就让他们今晚辗转反侧去吧

but they're all yours tomorrow.

明天就看你的了

I'll reach out to their offices and set a time.

我会联络他们的办公室,约个时间

Thank you, Claire.

谢谢你,克莱尔

Of course. Whatever I can do to help.

应该的,能帮上忙就好

Here you go, sir. Enjoy.

您点的餐,先生,请慢用

Excuse me.

不好意思

There's a hair on my steak.

牛排上有根头发

I am so sorry, sir. Where?

真抱歉,先生,在哪里

Right there.

就在这儿

I don't see it.

我没看到

Are you telling me I'm blind?

你是说我没长眼睛吗

No, sir. I'm so sorry.

不是,先生,真对不起

I'll have the kitchen... What's your name?

我让厨师... 你叫什么

Stephanie.

斯蒂芬妮

You can leave the plate, Stephanie.

盘子就放这儿,斯蒂芬妮

I'd like to talk to the manager.

我想和你们经理谈谈

Yes, sir. I'll go get him.

好的,先生,我去叫他

Thank you.

谢谢

Good evening, sir.

晚上好,先生

Uh, Stephanie tells me there was a hair on your plate.

斯蒂芬妮说您的餐盘里有根头发

No.

没有

There wasn't any hair.

没有头发

Leon, right? That's your name?

你叫里昂对吧

Yes.

是的

Stephanie is a hot little number, isn't she?

斯蒂芬妮这小妞很辣是吧

Nice ass.

屁股真翘

Did you make her blow you before or after you hired her?

你逼她给你吹箫是你雇她之前还是之后

Sir, I'm going to have to ask you to leave.

先生,请你出去

Sit down, Leon. Sir, I want you to go.

坐下,里昂,先生,请出去

I said sit. Don't make me call the police.

我说了,坐下,别逼我报警

I'll tell you what. You call the police,

听好了,你要是报警

I'll call the department of immigration

我就向移民局举报

about the four undocumented employees

你厨房里那四个

you have working in the kitchen.

非法移民的雇员

Felony, Leon.

这是重罪,里昂

And I might also mention

我可能还会提及

your girlfriend, her mother, and her aunt

你的女友,她母亲和姨妈

who also undocumented and

也是非法移民

living in an apartment that you pay for.

而且你为她们支付房租

Prison time for you,

你进监狱

deportation for them.

她们被驱逐出境

Not a pretty picture, is it?

不怎么好,对不对

Let's talk about Rachel Posner.

我们来谈谈瑞秋·波斯纳

How close is it?

票数多接近

I should have the last two votes I need committed today.

今天应该能敲定最后两票

I just want to make sure no one changes their mind.

我只需确保没人反悔

I'd prefer not to

我现在不能

get embroiled in environmental issues at this time.

卷入环境问题之中

But it's also a jobscreation package.

但这个方案也能促进就业

It's antagonizing oil and gas.

它不利于石油和天然气的发展

We can't afford that sort of battle

教改法案耗资巨大

after all the capital we spent on education.

政府无力再为这场斗争买单

All I need is one public statement of support.

只要政府公开表示支持就行

I won't do that. How about you take Linda tomorrow?

我不行,不然让琳达明天去帮你吧

You set her up in your offices.

把她安排在你办公室

Any meetings or calls you might need to whip up votes,

所有拉票会议和电话

you got her there.

都交给她办

Well, I can't afford to spend a whole day lobbying on the Hill.

我没法一整天在国会拉票

Well, you got deputies.

你有助理

Yes, I do.

的确是有

Well, you're telling me you can't manage them from ten blocks away?

你是说隔了十个街区就指挥不动他们了吗

Of course I can, sir.

当然可以,先生

Look, if it's too difficult... No, no, no.

如果实在不方便,不会不会

We'll help you out, Frank.

我们帮你,弗兰克

Won't we, Linda?

对不对,琳达

Yes. If you'll just excuse me,

是的,先失陪

I have a few things to rearrange on my schedule.

我要去调整下行程

What else, Frank?

还有呢,弗兰克

Tell me what Birch is up to.

说说博奇在计划什么

No, I know I've already canceled twice.

我知道我取消两次了

They start next week.

下周开始

Sweetie, I'm trying to figure this out.

宝贝,我在想办法

Linda. Excuse me.

琳达,稍等

Yes? Just wanted thank you for agreeing to pitch in,

怎么了,谢谢你同意帮忙

I know you have a full plate.

我知道你事务繁忙

Of course, Frank.

应该的,弗兰克

Is everything all right? It sounds like...

一切还好吗,听起来...

Yes. What time do you want me to come by tomorrow?

没事,我明天什么时候去

Can we talk?

我们能谈谈吗

Can I just call you back in one second?

我等会儿再打给你行吗

I will call you. Yes.

我打给你,没错

Linda, I am so sorry that the president has forced you into this.

琳达,很抱歉总统为难你了

It was not my intention.

这不是我的本意

If you would like, I can talk to congress...

如果你愿意,我可以给国会...

No, it's not that.

不,不是这个问题

It's... It's a personal matter. Don't worry.

是我个人的问题,不用担心

Well, what is it? Maybe I can help.

什么问题,或许我能帮忙

Just... my son didn't get into Stanford.

就是...我儿子没考上斯坦福大学

I was supposed to meet with the Provost tomorrow

我明天本来要和教务长会面

to see if I could get him to change his mind.

看能不能说服他改变想法

I asked the president if I could go,

我向总统请示过了

and he said yes, but he must have forgotten.

他都同意了,一定是忘了

You should go. I'm sure the president will understand.

你去吧,总统会理解的

No, no. I don't let

不行,我不会

personal matters get in the way of my job, Frank.

因为私人问题影响工作,弗兰克

Linda, you can't put your entire life on hold.

琳达,你不能把生活都晾在一边

And certainly not at the expense of your own son.

尤其不能耽误自己的儿子

Well, it has been at the expense of my son.

我已经耽误他了

It's my fault he didn't get in.

他落榜是我造成的

I was on the campaign and I wasn't there for him.

我忙着竞选的事,没空陪他

His grades suffered. His application was...

他的成绩受了影响,申请也...

I wasn't there, Frank.

我没照顾好他,弗兰克

But I figured if I could just

但我想,如果可以

meet with the Provost face to face...

和教务长当面谈谈...

Okay, look, you're going to Stanford tomorrow.

行了,你明天去斯坦福大学

If you show up at my office,

如果你去了我办公室

I won't let you in, so don't even consider it.

我不会让你进门,所以想都别想

Frank, the president wants me to be...

弗兰克,总统让我...

He doesn't have to know.

不用告诉他

I'm going to have one of my schedulers buy you a ticket.

我找个排程员给你订张机票

The bill will be fine.

法案会顺利通过的

Frank.

弗兰克

You don't have to do this.

你不必这样

We may have our disagreements, Linda,

我们虽有分歧,琳达

but that doesn't mean we can't look out for each other.

但不代表我们不能互相照应

You tell them you're coming.

告诉孩子你会过去

Test, test, test.

试音,试音

All right, Zoe. This is Dave, the senior producer in New York.

佐伊,我是纽约转播中心的高级制片戴夫

We'll go live in four minutes. Sounds good.

4分钟后开始直播,很好

The first topic will be the congressional

第一个话题是国会

agenda for the fall session,

秋季会议的议程

then we'll move on to the midterms, then we'll wrap it up

然后聊聊中期预测,最后聚焦到

with Peter Russo's race for Governor and his watershed bill.

彼得·罗素的州长竞选和流域法案

Okay, great.

好的

Taking you off mic until 30 out.

我现在关掉你的麦,剩30秒时回来

Hey, Janine, I have to talk about the watershed bill.

简宁,我得说流域法案的事

Do you have a onesheet? Uh, yeah. Hold on.

你有提纲吗,有,稍等

Thanks.

多谢

Any word on the vote count?

计票有消息吗

Still no luck. I've called every democrat in the house

没有,我给所有民主党议员都打了电话

to cobble together a number, but no one's getting back to me.

希望能拼凑出个数字,但没人回应

So what can I say?

那我能说什么

That there's a lot in flux, and it'll be tight.

不确定因素很多,票数胶着

Okay. Thanks.

好的,谢谢

Yeah. Sure thing.

应该的

Hey, Francis, it's me.

弗朗西斯,是我

Call me back.

回我电话

Yes.

进来

Congressman Russo. He says it's urgent.

罗素议员急着见您

Fine.

好吧

Good morning, sir.

早上好,先生

I'd like to talk about how the tour's going.

我想聊聊巡回竞选的事

Well, let's talk on the bus. Don't we have an event at 11:00?

去车上聊吧, 11点不是有活动吗

There won't be any events until we talk.

如果不聊清楚,就没必要做活动了

You're hijacking the microphone.

你一直在抢话

You're contradicting everything I say.

你反对我说的一切

We need to be promoting the watershed act.

我们得推动流域法案

Well, I appreciate your being so forthright.

我欣赏你的直率

Let me tell you what I don't appreciate.

告诉你我不欣赏什么吧

The D.N.C. is running a man with zero track record,

民主党委员会让一个毫无经验的瘾君子

except for substance abuse, to fill my shoes.

参加竞选,接替我的位置

I realize you don't want to be here, sir,

我知道你不想来,先生

but it seems like you're deliberately trying to sabotage my campaign.

但现在看来你在故意破坏我的竞选

Despite my better judgment, I'm trying to save it.

尽管有违意愿,我是想挽救它

I know the people of this state better than you, Peter.

我比你了解这州的人,彼得

They don't want to hear about watersheds.

他们不想听什么流域

They want to hear about jobs.

他们想听工作的事

Well, this week, they need to hear both.

这周他们两者都得听

Well, then, maybe I should just stand quietly beside you at the podium

那我也许该闭嘴站在你旁边

and watch you lose.

看着你输掉

You don't think I can win, do you? I'm not optimistic.

你觉得我赢不了,是吗,我不看好

You lost the first two times you ran for Governor.

你前两次竞选州长都输了

The third time, nobody thought you had a chance.

第三次,没人觉得你有机会

By September, you were 15 points down.

9月,你落后15个百分点

You were out of money.

竞选资金不足

You had to mortgage your own house

只得抵押房子贷款

just to keep your staff on payroll.

来支付员工薪水

I'm well aware of what I did. I was there.

我知道我干了什么,我在场

My point is you kept going.

我要说的是你并没气馁

You hit 67 counties in less than 20 days,

你不到20天内走访了67个郡

and you proved everyone wrong.

证明所有人都错了

Like it or not, it's my name on the ticket this time,

不管你是否看好,这次是我竞选

and I got the shot, and I'm gonna prove everyone wrong.

我有这个机会,我要证明别人都错了

Just like you did. Including you, sir.

也包括你,先生,正如你当年

I would like your support, but if you won't give it, fine.

我希望你支持我,你不肯也没关系

It won't stop me.

那也阻止不了我

You think it's easy for me to be here?

你觉得我来这里容易吗

I left the Governor's mansion right in my prime.

我卸任州长时正值全盛时期

To be what? Vice president.

我去做了副总统

I thought that was a step up. But you know what?

我以为那是升了一步,但知道吗

I don't have a fucking shred of real influence.

我一丁点影响力都没有

I'm trotted around like a goddamn mascot,

我就像个吉祥物一样到处晃悠

and this is my home state.

这还是我家乡呢

I'm offering you influence, sir.

我在给你影响力,先生

I'd like your guidance and your expertise.

我需要你的指导和专业意见

But if that's not on the table, then, well...

但如果你不愿提供,那么...

With all due respect, Mr. Vice President,

恕我直言,副总统先生

you should head back to Washington.

你还是回华盛顿吧

Your husband was very explicit.

你丈夫说得很清楚

I would categorize it as a threat.

我觉得那是威胁

What did he say exactly? Not to surprise him.

他说了什么,别让他措手不及

Didn't he also tell you

他还让你们

to vote your district and your conscience?

顾及选区,凭良心了吗

He did, but those seemed far lower on his priority list.

他说了,但那个似乎不那么重要

Well, he would never fault you

如果你们有强烈理由

if you had a compelling reason to do what you think is right.

做自己认为该做的事,他不会怪你们的

I'm confused. Aren't you for this bill?

我糊涂了,你不是支持法案的吗

C.W.I. Is publicly for it.

净水计划公开支持它

Privately, I have my doubts for the same reasons you do.

就我个人而言,也有同样的疑虑

I was under the impression

我以为

that we were here so you could persuade us to vote yes.

我们来是为让你说服我们投赞成票

Oh, I'm not trying to persuade you of anything.

我没想说服你们做任何事

I will say this:

我要说

if the bill fails, it's not the end of the world.

即使法案不通过也不是世界末日

We can always sponsor new legislation.

我们随时可以发起新法案

You know, something with stricter regulatory standards.

有更严格的管理标准的法案

Just to be clear, you're telling us

我要问明白,你是说

you don't mind if we vote against the bill.

你不介意我们投反对票

I'm simply saying what my husband would...

我只是在说我丈夫会说的

that you should vote your conscience.

投票要凭良心

How are we looking? We're short a vote.

情况如何,缺一票

I just got off the phone with Claire.

我刚接到克莱尔的电话

Vanderburgh and Abrams are on board.

范德博格和艾布拉姆斯被说服了

Those are definite yeses? Definite.

确定赞成票吗,确定

We should be good.

那就没问题了

Yes?

怎么了

I've been trying to reach you since yesterday.

我从昨天就一直在找你了

Well, I've been a bit busy counting votes.

我一直在忙着计票

You said you'd have a number for me.

你说会给我个数字

Well, you should try my press office.

你该试试打给我的新闻办公室

I did. They won't return my calls.

我试了,但没人回电话

Well, the official word is it will be close.

官方说法是票数胶着

I'm trying to get the unofficial word.

我想知道非官方说法

Oh, I can't appear to be playing favorites now, can I?

我现在不能有所偏袒,对吧

This isn't because of the other day, is it?

这不是因为那天的事吧

What other day?

哪天的事

You said we'd keep our professional relationship.

你说我们可以保持公事往来

Well, this is what professional feels like.

公事公办就是这样

The vice president of the United States, Jim Matthews!

有请美利坚合众国副总统,吉姆·马修斯

Thank you.

谢谢

It's good to be back in Bristol.

回到布里斯托感觉真好

Go, warriors!

加油,勇士们

Now, you all know me. I'm a windbag.

你们都知道我是个话痨

I can go on until you all fall asleep,

我可以一直说到你们睡着

get eight hours of shuteye,

睡八个小时

and wake up to find me still yapping.

醒来后发现我还在说个不停

And there's a lot I could say about this young man to my left.

对于我左边这位年轻人,我有很多话可说

The truth is, I've had a lot of doubts about him and his ideas,

其实,我对他和他的理念,他的过去

about his past, about his youth.

他的年轻时代都多有质疑

But if you'll remember,

但如果你们还记得

a lot of you had doubts about me the first time I ran.

我第一次竞选时你们中许多人也都质疑我

And the second and the third.

第二次,第三次也是

But over the last few days,

但在过去这几天

traveling around the state with Peter,

和彼得一起在宾州巡回竞选

I have to admit he's won me over.

我必须承认,他征服了我

He's smart, he's energetic,

他很聪明,有活力

and, most important, he's a fighter.

最重要的是,他是个斗士

Now, it says "A fresh start" On that bus over there.

那辆巴士上写着"崭新的开始"

And that's the real truth,

这是真的

because this young man will give our state

因为这位年轻人会带给我们州

the fresh start it so desperately needs.

一个它亟需的崭新开始

Ladies and gentlemen, the next Governor of Pennsylvania,

女士们先生们,有请下届宾州州长

Peter Russo.

彼得·罗素

Thank you, Mr. Vice President.

谢谢,副总统先生

How's it going, Bristol?

布里斯托你好吗

Today I'd like to talk to you about economic recovery.

今天我想与你们谈谈经济复苏

Now, as many of you may be aware,

你们很多人都知道

mostly because my opponent feels the need

多亏我的对手花了几百万

to spend millions of dollars on TV ads about my past,

在电视上宣传我的过去

I know a thing or two about recovery.

我对复苏也略知一二

I've learned a great deal through my personal struggles.

我在自己的斗争过程中学到了很多

I've learned how to harness my strength and my resolve,

我学会了如何利用我的力量和决心

make them work for me,

为我效力

much the way your Bristol watermills harnessed the power

如同多年前,布里斯托的水磨

of your beautiful Otter Creek

利用美丽的水獭湾

and the mighty Delaware river years ago.

和澎湃的特拉华河一样

Let me tell you how the Delaware river

让我告诉你们特拉华河

will reinvigorate your economy for years to come!

将如何在接下来几年中重振经济

We're going to get the shipment out of Sudan.

苏丹的货物要放行了

That's great. It might take a few weeks,

太棒了,大概要几周时间

but I think you should start making arrangements for Botswana,

但你该开始安排博茨瓦纳的工作了

where you're gonna set up base camp and the depot.

你要在那里建大本营和仓库

Just send me a budget as soon as you've got one.

写完预算后尽快给我

Claire, is there any way we can send someone in my place?

克莱尔,能派别人替我去吗

I thought you wanted to be on the ground.

我以为你想亲自去

I would, but I can't this time.

我想去,但现在不行

Why not?

为什么

I wasn't sure how to tell you this,

我不知道该怎么告诉你

but I passed the 12week mark.

但我怀孕12周了

You're expecting.

你怀孕了

Gillian, that's wonderful. That...

吉莉安,太棒了,那

When did this happen? Who's the father?

什么时候的事,谁是孩子父亲

There was this guy I met overseas. Doctors without borders.

我在国外认识的一位无国界医生

We had this thing. Then I left.

我们在一起过,后来我走了

But he came back to the states a few months ago,

但他几个月前回了美国

and that's when it happened.

就是那时的事

Anyway, it didn't end well. But I want to keep the baby.

结果不是很好,但我想要这孩子

And does he know? He's married.

他知道吗,他结婚了

I shouldn't have. It was stupid.

我不该这样,很傻

You don't have to explain.

不必解释

I'll need some time off at the beginning of march.

我三月初得请几天假

Of course.

没问题

And absolutely, we'll send someone else instead.

我们会派别人去的

I appreciate it, Claire.

非常感谢,克莱尔

Sure.

应该的

You said mediumrare?

你要三分熟是吗

Just, uh, let me know if you guys need anything.

有什么需要尽管告诉我

Who would you guess texted me just now?

你猜这是谁发来的短信

I thought she'd last more than a couple days.

我以为她能多坚持几天

Going somewhere? Just for an hour or two.

出去吗,一两个小时就回来

I got one last holdout to whip.

还有个不肯合作的得去收拾

What's the vote count on Russo's bill?

罗素的法案票数是多少

Oh, don't you wanna shower first

你不先冲个澡

before we dirty ourselves with business?

再谈事贬低自己吗

I'll shower after you leave.

你走了我再冲澡

What's the vote count?

票数多少

Your tone doesn't inspire me to be very forthcoming.

你的语气让我不太想说

Oh, the fuck wasn't enough?

光上我还不够吗

You need a special tone too?

还得要个特别的语气吗

Ooh, someone washed her mouth out with acid this morning.

有人早上用酸刷牙了啊

Whatever it is you're grappling with,

不管你闹什么别扭

I am sincerely not interested.

我真的毫无兴趣

You're almost twice my age.

你比我老一倍

You said that didn't bother you.

你说你不介意

I lied.

我撒谎了

If you had a daughter, she'd be older than me.

你有女儿的话,岁数都比我大了

In 20 years, I'll still be younger than you are now.

再过二十年,我还是比你现在要年轻

Well, I can't argue with basic arithmetic.

我肯定辩不过基本的算数

You don't find that disgusting?

你不觉得这很恶心吗

I think you want me to.

我觉得你想让我这么想

But I've never considered this any more or less

但我一直把这当做

than a transaction between two consenting adults.

两个成年人之间两厢情愿的交易

If you just want the girl who will do your bidding for you,

如果你只想找一个帮你办事的女孩

you already have that.

你已经得到了

Why do you need to fuck me?

为什么上我

I would remind you

我要提醒你

that it was you who initiated our affair,

是你先勾引的我

and it was you who came knocking at my door last winter.

是你去年冬天敲开我家的门

And it was me who asked that we stop what we're doing now.

也是我要求停止你我现在的关系

Which I respected

我尊重了你的要求

until you picked up a phone and asked me to come over tonight.

直到你今晚打给我,要我过来

Because you wouldn't give me what I wanted unless I did.

因为不这样你就什么都不给我

So tell me, why do you need this?

告诉我,你为什么要这样

You don't seem to get any pleasure out of it.

你似乎并不从中取乐

I know I certainly don't.

我知道我肯定没有

I seem to always leave you satisfied.

我好像每次都能满足你

How do you know I'm not faking it?

你怎么知道我不是装的

Are you?

你是吗

Doesn't it say a lot that you can't tell?

这都看不出来不是更说明问题吗

What do you think about when I'm up against the wall?

我面对墙站着的时候你在想什么

A great man once said

一位伟人曾经说过

that everything in life is about sex...

生活的一切都和性有关

Except sex.

除了性本身

Sex is about power.

性关乎权力

So you need a whore,

你是要一个妓女

which makes you a pimp.

那你就是皮条客

I'm not a pimp. Just a very generous John.

我不是皮条客,只是一个非常慷慨的顾客

Fine. As long as we're clear about what this is,

好,既然我们把关系理清楚了

I can play the whore.

我可以扮演妓女的角色

Now pay me.

付钱吧

The bill will pass. We have it by two votes.

法案会通过的,我们有两票的优势

You can pass that along to your friend, miss Skorsky.

把这消息告诉你朋友斯克斯基小姐吧

If she must say such things in order to sleep at night, so be it.

如果她非得说这些才能安然入睡,那随她吧

Her loyalty costs me nothing but the occasional crumb of news.

我偶尔给她一点新闻就能换来她的忠诚

Her hatefulness takes no toll at all.

她的仇视对我完全无害

You don't compensate a working girl so you can cuddle after.

没人会去补偿一个妓女,只为稍后跟她温存

Final voting...

最后一轮投票

A lot of small towns, some really great crowds.

去了很多小镇,一些群众真的很棒

No buses losing their brakes.

也没有刹车失灵

Oh, please now. When do you head back?

别这样,你什么时候回去

Tomorrow. We wanna do a press conference when all the votes are in.

明天,我们想在投票后举行新闻发布会

Members, please cast your votes now. Are you all right?

与会人员,请投票,你没事吧

I'm just a little nauseous. It'll pass. I'm okay.

我感觉有点恶心,会过去的,我没事

You said you're due in March? March 14th.

你说你预产期在3月, 3月14日

It's so exciting. How's the morning sickness?

真让人兴奋,晨吐严重吗

I think I'm over the hump.

最困难的部分应该过去了

I have to pee all the time. Weird cravings.

我总想上厕所,想要奇怪的东西

It was good to be on the road again. Invigorating.

再做巡回竞选感觉很好,令人振作

Our internals are showing a nice bump in the numbers.

我们内部计票的结果不错

You made a big difference.

你功不可没啊

The president is grateful, and so am I.

总统很感谢你,我也是

Well, it's a team effort, right?

这是团队努力的成果

Excuse me. I have yet to say hello to your better half.

抱歉,我还没和你太太问好

How'd it go at Stanford? Well, I think.

斯坦福的事怎么样,我觉得还不错

The Dean's a republican, so there was not a lot of small talk.

校长是共和党人,所以没怎么寒暄

But he seemed open to considering it. We'll know more next week.

但他似乎愿意考虑一下,下周就知道了

That's terrific. I appreciate your helping me out.

太好了,感谢你帮我一把

Oh, I didn't do anything. Anybody can book a plane ticket.

我什么都没做,谁都会订张机票

That's not true. You covered for me.

不是这样的,你帮我打了掩护

Well, we have to keep the important things in perspective, right?

我们得去照顾那些重要的事

Don't think it's bought you any favors.

别以为这样我就欠你人情了

Kindness isn't kindness if you expect a reward.

求回报的善举只是伪善

The man of the hour!

风云人物来了

Not yet. The votes are still coming in.

还不是,票数还没统计完

Hey, how'd you vote? I voted yes.

你怎么投的,我投的赞成票

Voting. I knew I forgot something.

投票,我就知道我忘了什么

We got this.

交给我们吧

There's some sparkling grape juice there to celebrate.

喝点葡萄汽水来庆祝一下吧

30 seconds remaining. 30 seconds.

还有30秒, 30秒

Looking good.

看上去不错

Come on, everyone. Let's go.

大家快投票吧

Everyone's voting along party lines.

大家都在按党派归属投票

See? This is what happens when we all stick together.

你瞧,这就是齐心协力的结果

This is an easy win for us.

胜利如此简单

15 seconds.

15秒

Vote now. Ten seconds.

快投票, 10秒

Come on.

加油

This can't be happening.

这不可能

Members, please cast your votes now.

与会成员,请马上投票

Voting is closed.

投票结束

Hr 4913 is defeated.

4913号法案没有通过

Doug. I thought we had it.

道格,我以为我们赢定了

So this means it's dead?

那法案就没戏了

It's such a shame. All of that hard work.

真可惜,我们付出了那么多努力

I wanna know who lied.

我要知道谁撒谎了

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/zpwdyj/zpwdy/507053.html