纸牌屋第一季 第11集:扭转局势(在线收听

This is Russo. Please leave a message.

我是罗素,请留言

He's not answering my calls.

他不接我电话

It's over, and he must know it.

都结束了,他肯定明白

You don't think there's any way he can recover?

你认为他不可能卷土重来了

The Republicans will play that interview

共和党会在每个电台和电视台

on every radio and television station

反复播放那段采访

from now until November 5th.

从现在直到11月5日(美国大选为11月第一个星期二, 2012年大选是11月6号)

I sympathize with the kid,

我同情那个孩子

but this was my concern from the beginning.

但我从一开始就担心这个

And I should've listened to you, sir.

我该听你的,先生

I thought he could handle the pressure.

我以为他能顶住压力

Okay. So he withdraws.

好吧,他退出了

We need to replace him.

我们要找人代替他

You have any ideas?

你有人选吗

With less than two months to go?

只剩不到两个月

If the President hadn't shut me out of the early discussions,

如果总统让我参与之前的讨论

I could've come up with some good options,

我没准能提出些好人选

but I don't know anyone

但我想不出有谁

who's got the name recognition and donor base

同时拥有知名度和金主捐款

to start a campaign from scratch just seven weeks out.

能够在七周内从零开始发起竞选

Let me think.

让我想想

Everything hinges on the next few minutes...

接下来的几分钟将决定一切

all my months of planning, every move I've made.

我数月来的谋划,我走的每一步

There is one person. Who?

有一个人选,谁

You, Mr. Vice President.

你,副总统先生

If you ran to reclaim your seat,

如果你重新竞选州长

I think you'd win by a landslide.

一定能获得压倒性胜利

Resign the vice presidency.

辞去副总统职务

Only if you win.

赢了的话

Walker needs me for 2016.

沃克2016年的大选需要我

Are you entirely certain he's gonna keep you on the ticket?

你敢打包票他还会留着你吗

I mean, it's no secret the two of you don't exactly get along.

你们二人的不和已不是秘密

What has he said?

他说什么了

Oh, you're putting me in a very awkward position, Mr. Vice President.

你这不是让我难办吗,副总统先生

Has he been badmouthing me?

他有说我坏话吗

Well, the exact phrase he used was

他的原话是

"Pain in the ass."

"讨厌鬼"

That fucker.

那个混蛋

He's got no idea how to lead,

他缺乏领导力

no sense of respect.

不懂尊重

Oh, is this his idea? No.

是他的主意吗,不

His way of getting rid of me? No. It struck me yesterday,

他想借机摆脱我,不,是我昨天想到的

and I just thought it was worth suggesting.

我觉得值得商榷

But, no, I haven't discussed this with anyone.

但我还没和其他人讨论过

And you shouldn't.

那就好

People don't leave the White House to become a governor.

没有人会傻到离开白宫去当州长

May I ask you a personal question, sir?

我能问你个私人问题吗,先生

Do you want to be the Vice President?

你真的想做副总统吗

Peter said that when you were out on that campaign trail,

彼得说,你在帮他竞选拉票时

you had so much enthusiasm and energy

充满激情与活力

that he thought you maybe missed being the Governor.

他以为你也许怀念做州长的日子

I do miss it.

的确

Then why not go back?

那为什么不回去呢

You could be the hero of this election

你会成为这次竞选的英雄

and secure Pennsylvania for the Democrats in 2016.

在2016年大选中保住民主党在宾州的胜利

Garrett would never go along with something like this,

加勒特不可能同意的

even if he hates my guts.

就算他恨我入骨

It would make him look weak,

这会让他显得无力

like he's lost control of the administration.

好像他控制不住自己的政府

Not if it was a mutual decision.

如果这是双方的决定呢

Look, let me talk to Garrett.

让我去找加勒特

I won't mention that we've spoken.

我不会提及我们今天的谈话

I suppose there's no harm in finding out what he thinks.

知道他怎么想也算有益无害

Thank you, Mr. Vice President.

谢谢,副总统先生

Slogans for 400. "1976. He's making us proud again."

四百分口号, 1976年,他再次让我们骄傲

D.J. Who is Carter. D.J.

卡特

No. John. Who is Ford.

错,约翰,福特

Peter?

彼得

Slogans for 600.

六百分口号

Peter, are you here?

彼得,在吗

"1888. Grandfather's hat fits Ben."

1888年,爷爷的帽子很适合本

Claudia. Who is Benjamin Harrison.

克劳迪娅,本杰明·哈里森

Yes. Presidential slogans for 800.

正确,八百分总统竞选口号

"1900. The full dinner pail "

1990年,晚餐吃得饱

On the train ride down,

在火车上

I almost called the police to have them break in

我差点就要叫警察闯进来

and make sure you hadn't hurt yourself.

看看你有没有伤害自己

I'm not gonna even ask you what happened.

我不想问你发生了什么

It doesn't matter right now.

现在无关紧要了

What matters right now...

现在要紧的是...

What matters... Who is Goldwater.

要紧的... 戈德华特

Claudia Who is Goldwater.

克劳迪娅,戈德华特

Barry Goldwater. Yes.

巴里·戈德华特,正确

Oh, come on. Hey, I'm watching that.

拜托,我正在看呢

What matters is the 50 reporters in front of your building

要紧的是公寓外面的50个记者

and the 150 campaign staffers

还有150名竞选工作人员

who don't know if they still have a job.

还不知道自己是否已经失业

It's over.

都结束了

I know.

我知道

So, tell them to go away.

让他们都走吧

What, are you just gonna hole yourself up in here

怎么,你打算就这么窝在这儿

and hope it all goes away?

希望一切都消失吗

Yeah, that's pretty much the plan.

差不多就是这样了

Well, I won't let you.

我不能让你这样

Hey, put that down. Hey.

放下

Hey, put that down! Peter...

给我放下,彼得

We need to put out a statement.

我们得发表个声明

Call me when you're prepared to do that.

准备好了打电话给我

I'll be at the headquarters in Philly.

我会在费城的总部

I was scared that I was starting to feel too much for you.

我怕我对你的感情变得太深

I think that's why I ended it.

所以我才做了了断

And you have no room for fear?

你不允许自己害怕吗

No. Being afraid doesn't accomplish anything.

不,害怕成不了事

That's not true. When I'm overseas,

不对,我在海外时

rational fear... disease or violence...

合理的恐惧,像对疾病,暴力

that sort of fear keeps you alive.

这种恐惧让你生存下去

Back here, God,

回到这儿,老天

I find myself afraid of things

我感觉自己害怕些

that I can't name or point to.

虚无缥缈的东西

It's like, uh, how little am I seeing?

就比如,我有多渺小

Or have I wasted this day or this moment?

或者我是不是浪费了此时此日

Yeah, I think that sometimes...

是啊,我有时也会想

whether my life will add up.

我的人生到底有没有意义

Francis would roll his eyes

弗兰西斯听到我说这些

if he heard me talking like this.

一定会翻白眼

Does he know where you are?

他知道你在哪吗

No, he doesn't.

不知道

If he's looking for you, that's where you are.

如果他在找你,你就在那儿

Over there.

那里

Before you met Frank.

你遇见弗兰克之前

Alone.

独自一人

Curious.

充满好奇

Absorbing everything.

接纳一切事物

You have no idea what I was like when I was a girl.

你才不知道我年轻时是什么样的

Did he ever know that side of you?

他知道你的那一面吗

He wasn't interested in that girl.

他对那女孩不感兴趣

And neither was I.

我也是

What were you interested in?

那你对什么感兴趣

Being more than an observer.

不仅是观察别人

You wanted to be seen.

你想受人瞩目

Not just seen.

不只是受到瞩目

I wanted to be significant.

我要举足轻重

There's no historical precedent.

历史上没有先例

Aaron Burr ran for Governor,

阿伦·伯尔就曾竞选过州长

Calhoun for the Senate.

卡尔霍恩也曾竞选过参议员

200 years ago.

那都是两百年前的事了

One shot a man in a duel, the other believed in slavery.

一个曾在决斗中杀人,另一个支持奴隶制

Is that really the sort of company we wanna share, Frank?

我们真要跟这种人相比吗,弗兰克

Mr. President, we stand losing

总统先生,我们可能要

control of an important swing state,

失去一个重要的摇摆州

our majority in the house,

和议会多数党席位

and quite possibly your second term in office.

甚至是您的连任

Preventing all of that may require unconventional measures.

要扭转局势就得采取非常手段

It would look like I'm pushing him out.

别人会以为是我容不下他

Or worse... that he's abandoning the administration.

或者更糟,以为他是抛弃了我们

You make a joint statement.

你们可以发布一份联合声明

You say he won't resign unless he wins.

就说,除非竞选获胜,否则他不会辞职

If he loses, he stays on as Vice President.

而如果他输掉选举,就继续任副总统

No one could accuse either of you of disloyalty to the other.

这样就没人会指责你们背叛彼此了

Did Jim come to you with this?

这是吉姆的主意吗

No. It's entirely my idea.

不,这完全是我的想法

I wouldn't dream of speaking to

在得到您的首肯之前

the Vice President without passing it by you first.

我绝不会向副总统提及此事

I think he'd take it as an affront,

我想他会很受冒犯

like I'm trying to get rid of him.

好像我想摆脱他似的

Honestly, sir, I think

老实说,先生,我倒觉得

he might be more interested than you imagine.

他对这事会比您想的感兴趣得多

Why is that? Well, I hesitate to bring this up,

为什么,我本来不想提的

but when he was campaigning for Russo,

但在帮罗素宣传期间

he spoke quite freely about you, sir.

他曾对您颇有微词,先生

Tell me.

说说看

Of course, I'm getting this secondhand from Peter,

当然,我是听彼得转述的

but the gist of it is that...

但大概是说

that you lack entirely in leadership,

说您完全没有领导力

and that you have no sense of respect.

还不懂得尊重人

And he wants more responsibility.

他还想承担更多责任呢

And how do I give him that when he shows

这么口无遮拦,毫无自律

absolutely no discretion, no discipline?

我怎么能给他重任呢

Well, that is entirely my point. Now, look,

这正是我想说的

I take full responsibility for backing Russo,

我为支持罗素竞选的事负全责

but there could be a silver lining in all this.

但塞翁失马焉知非福

You could accomplish two goals:

也许您能一箭双雕

Secure Pennsylvania for the Democrats

为民主党保住宾州

and find an honorable way to replace Matthews.

又能名正言顺地换掉马修斯

What do you think?

你怎么看

I think it is a very big decision,

我觉得事关重大

and we do not want to make it impulsively.

最好三思而后行

I agree. I'd like to put some more thought into it.

我同意,我要再考虑考虑

Well, that is very prudent, sir. Just bear in mind,

这很谨慎,先生,不过别忘了

seven weeks out, that every day counts.

还有七周时间,我们得分秒必争

Hi, sir. How much is it?

你好,先生,多少钱

Oh, I got your receipt right here.

发票在我这儿

No, no, no. It was... it was just $40.

不不不,只要40美金

Yeah. Don't tell anyone, all right?

拿着吧,别告诉别人,行吗

No. I... I never say anything about our tenants.

我不会泄露住户的隐私

The press still outside? Yeah.

记者还守在外面吗,是的

I told them you weren't here, like you said.

我照你的吩咐,告诉他们你不在

Most of them left. There's still, you know, a few, though.

多数都走了,但有几个还在外面

If I wanted to leave,

有没有能让我

is there a place I could do it without being seen?

不声不响离开这儿的路

Yeah. The freight elevator down to the garage.

有,可以坐货梯直达车库

I could call you a cab or...

我可以叫辆出租车或是

All right. Thanks. I'll let you know.

好吧,谢谢,再说吧

Mr. Russo, uh...

罗素先生

sir, it's none of my business,but, uh,

算我多管闲事吧,不过

my uncle... he fell off the wagon a few times.

我叔叔也曾经酒瘾复发过

When he did, the best thing for him was just not to be alone.

那时候最好的解决办法就是找个人陪着

I'll give you this money back, I'll take that bag off your hands,

我把钱还你,把酒拿走

come in here, keep you company...

进去陪陪你

I appreciate it. I'll let you know if I change my mind.

谢谢你,如果我改变主意会叫你的

Sit down.

坐吧

Where's Claire?

克莱尔在哪

Not here.

不在这儿

So what is this, tying up loose ends?

这是什么意思,除后患吗

I wouldn't presume.

我可不敢

People like you can't be neatly tied up.

你这样的人怎么可能除干净呢

But I thought perhaps we could start...

我想或许我们可以...

It's very tasteful.

真有品味

This is the dress she wore to the gala.

这是她庆典上穿的那件礼服

I believe so.

我想是的

It is.

就是的

I recognize it.

我记得这件

Go back into the bedroom.

回卧室去

I'm amazed how well you got her in focus.

这焦距对得真不错

What should we call her?

叫她什么好呢

Why does she need a name?

她为什么一定要有名字

I never photograph anyone without knowing their name.

我拍照一定要知道对方的名字

You didn't take the photograph. I did.

不是你拍的,我拍的

I think we should call her Claire.

我觉得该叫她克莱尔

She doesn't even look like me.

她长得一点都不像我

Not even a younger version. Why do you keep saying that?

跟我年轻时也不像,你怎么老这么说啊

Not her features, her expression.

不是指她的五官,而是表情

Hey, we should mount it. You can hang her in your house.

我们应该裱起来,你可以挂在家里

Would Francis object?

弗兰西斯会反对吗

Can we please not discuss Francis?

我们能不能别提弗兰西斯

You brought him up in the park.

是你在公园里先提起他的

I know I did, and I shouldn't have.

我知道,我的错

So we have to pretend he doesn't exist?

那我们得假装他不存在吗

I thought we could talk about anything.

我以为我们可以无话不谈

He is a presence here. You must admit that.

他其实就在这儿,你得承认这点

When you walked through the door yesterday,

昨天你一进门

he walked right in with you.

他就和你一起来了

It's just me, nobody else.

只是我一个人,没有别人

You keep telling yourself that, it might come true.

你就自欺欺人吧,说不定会成真

How do you think she'd feel if she knew I was wearing this?

你觉得她要是知道我穿她的礼服,会怎么想

I don't know.

我说不准

You don't think she'd be upset?

你不认为她会不高兴吗

She'd probably say you look very beautiful in it.

她也许会说你穿起来很好看

It's like steel.

像钢一样

You should put it back.

你应该放回去

I think I'll keep it.

我要了

I'll buy you one of your own, if you'd like.

如果你愿意的话,我可以为你买件一样

No. I want this one.

不用,我就要这件

She came into my bedroom.

她去过我卧室

She should know I came into hers.

她该知道我也来过她卧室

Is your bed always so perfectly made?

你们的床总是铺得这么整齐吗

It's a habit I formed at military school.

这是我在军校养成的习惯

What side of the bed does she sleep on?

她睡哪边

That side.

那边

She can keep it.

让她留着吧

Fits her better anyway.

反正也更适合她

Listen, Zoe...

听着,佐伊

Whatever just happened upstairs,

不论是刚才楼上的事

whatever these past six months have been,

还是这过去的六个月的事

can we agree that it is time to simplify?

现在是不是该简化这段关系了呢

What does simple look like?

怎么个简化法

We maintain our professional arrangement, as you suggested,

像你之前说的那样,维持公事往来

which I will honor.

我会尊重你的决定

You still trust me?

你还信任我吗

What choice do I have?

我还能怎么办

You didn't hurt me or discard me like you said you would.

你没像你说的那样伤害我或者遗弃我

I'm glad I didn't have to.

我很庆幸没这必要

Yes, we'll agree to simplify.

那好,我们可以简化

Good.

很好

Sorry I'm a few minutes late, Frank.

抱歉我迟了几分钟,弗兰克

Please, have a seat.

请坐

I have a pretty good idea why you asked for this meeting.

我想我很清楚你要见我的原因

Have you and the President had a chance to speak? We have.

你和总统谈过了吗,谈过了

Is he leaning one way or another? He's torn.

他什么意见,他很纠结

And what about you? I'm a little less torn.

你呢,我没那么纠结

My instincts tell me it's a mistake.

直觉告诉我这是个错误

You wanna convince me otherwise?

你想要说服我吗

Well, look, if your instincts tell you

听着,如果直觉告诉你

this is not the way to go, I'm not about to...

不应该这么做,我不打算...

Frank, I'm gonna ask you two very direct questions,

弗兰克,我要问你两个很直白的问题

and I would appreciate direct answers.

希望你能直白地回答

When you got my son into college,

你把我儿子弄进大学时

were you anticipating a moment like this?

是不是就指着有这么一天

I don't follow.

什么意思

Honestly, Frank?

真的吗,弗兰克

Was I antici...

我指...

I would be happy to answer you directly

我要是知道你想问什么

if I knew what you were asking.

我一定直白地回答你

All right. I will ask you my second question.

好吧,我问第二个问题

Do you want the Vice Presidency for yourself?

你是不是自己想当副总统

I would serve at the pleasure of the President. That was his...

如果总统愿意委任于我,那是他...

You proposed this idea so that you can take Matthews' place.

你提出这个建议就是为取代马修斯

I did not say that. But it is what you want.

我可没说过,但这是你想要的

What I want is in the... The President makes you V.P.,

我想要... 总统任命你为副总统

he keeps you on the ticket in 2016,

2016年你继续连任

and you use that as a springboard to run in 2020.

再把这当成2020年竞选总统的跳板

Tell me that trajectory has never entered your mind.

告诉我你从未想过这些

Well, Linda, I make a habit of

琳达,我习惯

considering all trajectories in any given situation.

考虑任何情况下可能发生的事

But that's a practical exercise, not a personal one.

但这是为大局,不是为了我自己

So you refuse to admit it.

那你是不承认吗

Admit it's what I want? That's irrelevant.

承认我是否想要这结果,这毫不相干

You're the one who asked for this meeting, not me.

是你安排了这次会面,不是我

This meeting's about trying to solve a problem,

这次会面是想要解决问题

not fulfill some personal ambition.

不是满足个人野心

But if both could be achieved, you wouldn't object.

但如果两者可兼得,你不会反对

I think this is a sound course of action

不管总统想要谁

regardless of who the President taps to replace Matthews.

接替马修斯,这么做都合情合理

I must gamble everything I have right now.

现在我得赌上一切了

If I'm honest, she may use it against me.

如果我说实话,可能会落人口实

If I'm not, she won't lift a finger.

如果不说,她又不会帮我

I've used the same tactic myself.

我自己也用过这策略

Once someone is exposed,

一个人的目的一旦暴露

they're at your mercy.

他们就得听你发落

She wants to hear me say the words.

她想要我亲口说出来

Yes.

没错

I want to be the Vice President.

我想当副总统

And, yes, I helped your son get into college

没错,我把你儿子弄进大学

in the hopes that you would return the favor.

是希望你能还我一个人情

But I can't force you to do so, Linda.

但我不能逼你这么做,琳达

But I also think that we would make a formidable team.

我还觉得我们应该强强联手

Look what we've been able to accomplish

即使存在分歧

even when we've been at odds with each other.

我们都能做成这么多大事

Now put your mind to what we could accomplish if we weren't.

如果我们达成一致,那又会是怎样的局面

Thank you for taking the time, Linda.

感谢你的宝贵时间,琳达

I'll call you back. How'd it go?

我再打给你,怎么样了

She's holding her cards very close to the chest.

她深藏不露啊

Any word from Peter? Nothing.

有彼得的消息吗,没有

Christina said he wouldn't leave the apartment.

克里斯蒂娜说他不肯离开公寓

But I called the doorman, and he said that Peter was gone.

但我打给门卫,他说彼得走了

Where? He doesn't know.

去哪了,他不知道

He needs to officially withdraw to put pressure on Walker.

他得正式退选给沃克施加压力

I'm trying to track him down.

我正在找他

Why'd you let him out of your sight in the first place?

你为什么一开始不看好他

I thought he was showering.

我以为他在洗澡

He disappeared when I was on the phone with you.

我和你打电话时他跑掉了

There was a plan here, Doug.

计划是这样的,道格

He explodes, he withdraws,

他搞砸了,然后退选

we put him back together, and he quietly goes away.

我们帮他振作起来,再让他悄悄离开

Russo has made no public appearances

罗素自昨天早上

since allegations that he was inebriated

被人认为醉酒后接受匹兹堡

during a radio interview on WZPZ Pittsburgh yesterday morning.

WZPZ电台采访至今仍未公开露面

Sources among the Democratic leadership have suggested

据民主党领导人透露

that the party is currently considering options to replace Russo.

党派正在考虑由谁来取代罗素

Meanwhile, Republican candidate Jack Swofford's lead

同时,据昨晚CNN登记选民民调显示

has jumped to a 24point margin,

共和党候选人杰克?斯沃夫

according to an overnight CNN poll of registered voters.

支持率猛增,已领先24个百分点

The Swofford campaign

斯沃夫竞选团队的

is also reporting a sharp spike in contributions...

资助金额也急剧攀升

nearly half a million dollars in the last 20...

过去20小时内筹集了近五十万美金

I saw that this morning.

我今早看见了

Francis got Peter to run.

是弗兰西斯让彼得竞选的

Do you know him well?

你认识他吗

We weren't close.

不太熟

Do you need to make calls?

你需要打电话吗

'Cause I can head into the other room. I don't think so.

我可以去别的房间,不用

Thanks.

谢了

Where are you going?

你去哪里

To the lab. I should've gone in today.

去暗室,我今天应该去的

Adam.

亚当

Adam... Just go. Go. Leave.

亚当,你走,快走

How long do you think this can possibly go on for?

你觉得我们还能维持多久

We have never spent more than 48 hours together.

我们在一起的时间从没超过两天

Maybe there's a reason for that.

或许是有原因的

A part of me still loves you.

我心里仍有一部分爱着你

Which part?

哪一部分

I can't be just a pit stop, Claire,

我不能做一个休息站,克莱尔

or some sort of escape... Oh, come on.

或是避风港,拜托

You're more than that. ... or a topup on

你不止如此,或是填补

whatever Francis can't provide. Oh, fuck off!

弗兰西斯不能给你的一切,少来

He's my husband, Adam.

他是我丈夫,亚当

We've gone through more than you could ever imagine.

我们经历的事远超出你的想象

I envy your free spirit, and I'm attracted to it,

我嫉妒并被你的自由自所吸引

but not all of us have that luxury.

并不是所有人都有这福分

Which is what I find so frustrating about you, Claire.

这也是你让我失望的地方,克莱尔

You... you had a choice.

你可以选择的

You chose not to be free.

但你选择放弃自由

No. What I chose was a man I could love for more than a week.

不,我选了个能爱他超过一周的男人

I shouldn't have said that. I...

我不该那么说

At least you're being honest.

至少你说了实话

I can't live moment to moment like you, Adam.

我无法像你这样活在当下,亚当

I have a history with Francis, I have a future with him,

我和弗兰西斯有过去,有未来

and it's bigger than a moment.

那比一时要大

Then you should kill it...

那你应该扼杀

whatever part of you still loves me.

你仍爱着我的那部分

If you can't,

如果你办不到

I will.

我会的

Adam... No.

亚当,不

Hello? Hey. Hey, sweetie.

喂,亲爱的

How's it going? I'm... are you with your mom?

你怎么样,我,你妈在旁边吗

She's downstairs. You want me to go get her?

她在楼下,要我叫她来接吗

No. No. I just wanted to call and say,

不,我只想打过来

you know, hey to your... uh, your brother and you.

跟你和你弟弟打个招呼

Is he... is he there?

他在吗

He's in his room, I think.

他大概在自己房里

Okay. You wanna go get him?

好吧,你能去叫他吗

Hold on.

等等

He says he doesn't want to talk to you.

他说不想和你说话

What?

什么

Why not?

为什么

We've seen the news, dad.

我们看新闻了,爸爸

There were all sorts of TV cameras at our school yesterday.

昨天好多媒体都跑来我们学校

Mom's making us stay home this week.

妈妈让我们这周待在家里

I want you to do something. I want you to go to, uh,

我想让你做件事,我想让你

your bedroom window and look out.

到卧室窗边,往外看

You see that black car?

看见那辆黑车了吗

Yeah. That's me.

嗯,我在里面

You shouldn't be here, dad. Mom would be really angry.

你不该在这儿的,爸爸,妈妈会发火的

Well, we don't need to tell her. Right?

我们不跟她说,好吗

It'll just be... it'll just be, uh...

就当作...

it'll just be our little secret.

我们之间的小秘密

Your voice sounds weird,

你的声音很奇怪

like it did on the radio.

就像在广播里那样

You... you heard that?

你听了那个

I have a computer.

我有电脑

I'm sorry.

对不起

I...sometimes your dad makes mistakes.

我...有时候爸爸也会犯错

I better go. No.

我要挂了,别

I don't like to hear your voice when it's like this.

我不想听到你这样的声音

It makes me sad. Bye, dad.

让我难过,再见,爸爸

Sarah, please...

萨拉,别...

Peter?

彼得

Christina.

克里斯蒂娜

Where are you?

你在哪里

I'm, uh...

我...

I'm not... I'm not... I'm not doing so well.

我现在...感觉不怎么好

Where are you, Peter?

你在哪里,彼得

I'm in my car. Are you driving?

在车里,你在开车吗

No.

没有

Tell me where you are.

告诉我你在哪里

I'm outside my kids' house.

在我孩子家门外

You mean Madeleine's? Yeah.

你是说玛德琳的家,对

I need you to stay right there.

我要你待在那儿别动

Okay, Peter?

好吗,彼得

You'll stay there?

你能待在那儿吗

Peter.

彼得

Peter, are you still there?

彼得,还在听吗

Hello?

Hello?

I'd like to turn myself in.

我要自首

For what?

什么事

A few months ago,

几个月前

I was pulled over for drunk driving.

我因醉驾被警察拦下

They let me go. I should've been convicted.

他们放我走了,我应该被定罪的

Well, if you were let go, sir,

如果你当时被释放了,先生

we can't arrest you for it now.

我们现在不能逮捕你

Well, I drunk drove here. Arrest me for that.

我醉驾开过来的,为这个逮捕我吧

We can put you in a detox tank...

我们可以送你去戒酒间...

I wanna be formally arrested.

我想被正式拘捕

My name is Congressman Peter Russo.

我是彼得·罗素议员

I was arrested in January on Michigan Avenue.

一月曾在密歇根大道被捕

Please have a seat, Congressman.

请稍坐一下,议员先生

I gotta make a few phone calls.

我去打几个电话

Have you found him?

你找到他了吗

I'm in front of his exwife's house.

我在他前妻家外面

Christina said he called from there.

克里斯蒂娜说他在这儿打了电话

He's not there? No.

他不在那儿,是的

But his phone is. I found it by the curb.

但手机在,扔在了路边

So we have no way to contact him?

那么我们就联系不上他了

Not unless he reaches out to us.

除非他主动联系我们

This isn't good.

这不太妙

Want me to alert the authorities?

要我去报案吗

Let's give him a little longer.

我们再给他点时间

How long did it last? About six months.

你们交往了多久,大概半年

He was older. A lot?

他比我大,大很多吗

Yeah.

Was he a journalist, or did he work on The Hill?

是个记者,还是在国会工作

I'd rather not say.

这我还是不说了

All right.

好吧

He was someone I looked up to... for a while.

我之前有段时间很尊敬他

Why did it end?

为什么结束

He has a wife.

他有妻子

We both knew it was gonna end eventually.

我们都知道最终会结束的

I mean, it was really...

我是说,真是...

it was fucked up.

糟糕透顶

The first night we spent together,

我们在一起的第一晚

he told me he was gonna hurt me and then discard me.

他说,他会伤害我,然后遗弃我

And when it ended, I told him that he'd done neither.

结束的时候,我对他说,他都没做到

But...

但...

it does hurt.

我确实很受伤

I won't hurt you.

我不会伤害你

Yeah, you can't promise me that.

这你不能保证

Yes, I can.

我能

Has anyone else seen him? No.

有人见过他吗,没有

He's in an interrogation room by himself.

他独自一人待在审讯室里

I never should've got mixed up with this fucking mess.

我就不该搅这趟浑水

We're way behind regret time, Barney.

现在后悔太迟了,巴尼

Just have your guys keep him out of sight.

别让人看见他

I'll need a back exit.

给我找个后门

I got him. Thanks. Yeah.

我来吧,谢谢,好

Come on.

走吧

Hey, Peter.

彼得

Where's your car?

你的车在哪里

It's down the street.

街那头

I'll drive you home.

我送你回家吧

You go back to mine, have Meechum let you in.

你去我家,让密查姆给你开门

This way? Yeah.

这边吗,嗯

What were you thinking, Peter?

你在想什么啊,彼得

I need to take responsibility for my actions.

我得为我的行为负责

By getting yourself thrown in jail?

让自己蹲监狱吗

Real responsibility.

真正地负责

Like... like they talk about in the meetings,

就像互戒会聚会时说的那样

not the lies we told for the campaign.

而不是为竞选而撒的谎

What you just did was extremely reckless.

你刚才的行为太鲁莽了

I don't care.

我不在乎

I'm making a statement tomorrow, Frank.

我明天要做一份声明,弗兰克

About pulling out of the race?

关于退出竞选吗

That's not enough. I...

那不够,我...

I need to stop hiding.

我不能再逃避了

Well, let's work together on the language.

那我们一起研究措辞

I have to do it on my own. It's gotta be my own words.

我得独立完成,必须是我自己的话

Look, Peter, this isn't just about you anymore, all right?

听着,彼得,这不单是你的事了,好吗

Let me help you. I don't want your help.

让我帮你,我不要你帮忙

I didn't never ask your help when you... I got arrested.

我被捕的时候也没求过你帮忙

When did your help ever help me?

你的帮助对我有什么好处

You can live your life the way you want to.

你怎么生活我不管

I'm done being told how to live mine.

但也别来管我怎么过

Well, there has to be a way to take responsibility without

肯定有办法,既能担起责任

shattering everything.

又不用毁了一切

Are you at least willing to have that discussion?

你至少愿意跟我探讨下这个吗

Do you want me to come upstairs? No.

要我上楼吗,不用了

I know you're in a lot of pain, Peter.

我知道你很痛苦,彼得

But I don't want you to feel any pain tonight.

但今晚我不想你觉得痛苦

Here. You can start fresh tomorrow.

给,从明天开始改头换面吧

Go ahead. I won't judge you. Hell, I'll even join you.

喝吧,我不会说什么,我也来点

Just relax.

放松

You're home now.

你到家了

Whatever it is you have to face tomorrow,

不管你明天要面对什么

you don't have to face it now.

现在都不用去想

Right now it's just you and me.

这儿只有你和我

The rest of the world doesn't matter.

其他的都无关紧要

Your children, Christina...

你的孩子,克里斯蒂娜

they will forgive you,

他们会原谅你的

because you're loved, Peter.

因为他们爱你,彼得

Failed.

辜负

I failed myself.

我辜负了自己

I failed my family.

我的家庭

I failed the campaign.

还有竞选

No, you haven't, Peter.

别这么说,彼得

May I?

我能来点吗

You know, when Claire and I were first married,

我跟克莱尔刚结婚时

we talked about having children.

也谈过要孩子的事

I told her flat out I didn't want any.

我直接说我不想要孩子

It was selfish but honest.

这很自私,却很诚实

I didn't have a particularly happy childhood.

我的童年并不幸福

I suspect you didn't either.

我猜你也一样

No.

是的

You see, no person avoids pain.

谁都避不开痛苦

And I just didn't think it was right to bring a child in knowing that.

既然是如此,我觉得就不该要孩子

But now when I think back, I...

但当我回想过去

I realize that was cowardly.

才意识到这很懦弱

I see you,

当我看到你

and I think, well, there's a brave man,

我就想,这人很勇敢

far braver than me.

比我勇敢得多

I'm so tired.

我好累

When I... when I think about... when I...

当我想到

I'm so tired.

我好累

You should close your eyes.

闭上眼睛吧

Let it all go.

忘掉一切

We have all the time in the world.

我们有的是时间

Peter?

彼得

Peter.

彼得

I walked back.

我走回来的

Whatever happens in the next few hours,

不管接下来几小时发生了什么

whatever you hear,

无论你听到什么

we will never speak of it.

我们都永远不提

Sir...

先生

I heard from Linda about a half an hour ago.

半小时前琳达打来电话

The President wants to meet with you.

总统想见你

8:30.

八点半

About what?

什么事

I don't know.

不清楚

Frank.

弗兰克

Now, when you brought up this idea, I wasn't sold.

你最初提出这主意时,我并不赞同

It struck me as both desperate and careless.

我觉得这主意太极端,欠考虑

But then Linda laid out all the pros,

但琳达列出了所有好处

and they clearly outweigh the cons.

显然是好处多于坏处

I explained our reasoning to Jim

我把道理解释给吉姆听

and hoped he wouldn't think I was off my rocker.

希望他不会以为我疯了

I did at first,

最初很难接受

but the President made some very good arguments.

但总统说了些很有力的理由

It's a bold move, Frank.

这一招很大胆,弗兰克

I'm very impressed.

我很佩服

Well, thank you, sir, for being open to the idea.

感谢你愿意考虑,先生

And thank you, Mr. President, for taking the risk.

谢谢您敢于承担风险,总统先生

We'll need to work this out step by step.

这要一步步来

The execution has to be perfect.

执行过程不能有一丝差错

Where are things with Russo? Any word from him yet?

罗素那边怎么样了,有他的消息吗

We're still trying to locate him.

我们还在找他

Well, is there any cause for worry? It's been two days.

需要担心他吗,他失踪两天了

I am a bit worried, I have to admit.

不得不承认,我有点担心

I mean, this must be an extremely difficult moment for him.

他现在肯定很难熬

We're hoping he'll reach out shortly.

希望他会尽快联系我们

Let's get our people on it. I wanna know where he is.

派我们的人调查,我想知道他在哪

Now, once he withdraws, we have to move quickly.

一旦他退出竞选,我们得迅速行动

We'll make a joint statement, as you proposed.

我们会像你说的,发布联合声明

It's a clear message, I think.

我认为意思很明确

Pennsylvanians matter to us,

宾州人对我们很重要

and we're not gonna let them down.

我们不能让他们失望

That's right.

没错

I'll say that Jim's an invaluable asset to the White House,

我会说吉姆对白宫的价值无法估量

but that I have great admiration for the sacrifice

但我很敬佩他为他的家乡人民

he's willing to make for the people of his home state.

所甘愿作出的牺牲

And you should not accept his resignation until he's elected.

除非他当选,否则您绝不允许他辞职

That will show your continuing commitment to him.

这显得您依然信任他

I think that's a good idea.

这主意很好

As long as I can devote myself wholly to the campaign, I agree.

只要我能全身心投入竞选,我就同意

Now, should Jim win,

如果吉姆当选

we'll need to nominate a Vice President immediately.

我们就得立即提名一位副总统

Linda, you're putting together a list of names?

琳达,你开始拟名单了吗

Yes. And you can begin the vetting process

是的,缩小选择范围以后

as soon as you narrow down the choices.

就可以开始审查了

I already have a short list of top contenders.

我已经拟了一份主要竞争者的名单

I want your input on that, Jim.

吉姆,我希望你也提出意见

More than happy.

乐意至极

Congressman?

议员先生

Congressman?

议员先生

We can use the existing infrastructure.

我们可以利用现有的人员部署

Are you okay with Nash Aarons?

你愿跟纳什·埃伦斯合作吗

I like Nash, but I'll want to bring in some of my own people.

我喜欢纳什,但我想找点我自己的人

Well, that won't be a problem. Nash is a team player.

没问题的,纳什擅长团队协作

And we can reallocate some of your

我们可以重新安排你部分

existing 2016 reelection funds... Excuse me. Linda.

2016年再选资金,抱歉,琳达

Peter Russo is dead.

彼得·罗素死了

Suicide.

自杀

He was found in his garage with the car still running.

他被发现死在车库里,汽车没熄火

I'm so sorry, Frank.

我很遗憾,弗兰克

May I have a moment, sir? Of course.

我能出去一会儿吗,先生,当然

I will get more information and start drafting a statement.

我再去搜集些信息,草拟一份声明

Let's reschedule. Whenever is best for Frank.

重新做安排,弗兰克方便的时候再谈

Congressman Peter Russo was found dead

国会议员彼得·罗素

early this morning in the parking garage...

今早被发现死在

why didn't we break this?

我们怎么没报道这个

of his apartment building in Washington D.C.

他华盛顿公寓楼下的车库里

U.S. Secret Service Agents discovered his body after reports

据报称罗素从周六起便不见踪影

that Russo had been missing since Saturday.

美国特勤处特工发现了他的尸体

Fuck!

该死

His body was transferred to the D.C. Coroner's office

他的尸体被运往华盛顿法医办公室

where an autopsy is expected to confirm his death as a suicide.

进行验尸并确定是否为自杀身亡

A junior congressman from Philadelphia...

罗素是来自费城的资浅议员

Russo was 36 years old

今年36岁

Zoe.

佐伊

Look at this.

快看

And is survived by two children.

育有两个孩子

I gotta get to the office.

我得去办公室了

Russo was in the midst of a heated battle

罗素本在竞选宾州州长

for the governorship of Pennsylvania.

竞选十分激烈

He was last heard publicly during a morning political radio show

他最后一次公开发言是在匹兹堡WZPZ电台

on Pittsburgh station WZPZ.

一档早间政治节目中

Now, during the interview,

在采访过程中

he slurred his words,

他言词不清

he sounded disoriented leading many to believe

头脑混乱,让很多人认为

Christina.

克里斯蒂娜

that he had relapsed...

他旧瘾复发

Can you get me a train back to D.C.?

能帮我订一张去特区的火车票吗

Right here on this TV station for all

本台将继续播报

the latebreaking details about this major news story:

关于彼得·罗素议员自杀

the suicide of congressman Peter Russo.

这条重大新闻的最新详细情况

I find it very difficult to

我简直无法表达

express everything that I'm feeling right now,

此刻心里的感受

and I know Claire feels exactly the same.

我知道克莱尔也是这样

Peter was very special to us.

彼得对我们来说很特别

A sort of magnetic presence

他具有一种磁力

that electrified everyone he touched.

使他接触的每个人都为之振奋

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/zpwdyj/zpwdy/507055.html