纸牌屋第一季 第12集:竞选彼得的职位(在线收听

Hey. Excuse me.

打扰了

I'm Paul Capra. I'm here to see Christina.

我是保罗·凯普拉,来见克里斯蒂娜

Oh, right this way, Mr. Capra. She's expecting you.

这边请,凯普拉先生,她正在等你

Paul. Hi. Hey, Christina.

保罗,你好,克里斯蒂娜

It's good to see you. Yeah, you too.

真高兴见到你,我也是

Can I get you anything?

吃点什么吗

Nah. I grabbed some breakfast on the way down.

不用了,我在路上随便吃了点早饭

Okay. Have a seat. All right. Thank you.

那好,请坐吧,好的,谢谢

I asked you down here

我请你来

because I spoke to D triple C

是因为我跟民主党议会竞选委员会

and the D.N.C.

和全国委员会讨论过了

We'd like you to run for Peter's seat.

我们希望你来竞选彼得的职位

As you probably know,

你或许知道

the election's been set for the first week of February.

竞选将在二月的第一周举行

You want me to run?

你们想让我参选

With your stature in the community,

你在社区的名望很高

your grass roots organizing experience...

又有基层的组织经验

Christina, hold on.

克里斯蒂娜,等等

I know it's a lot to consider.

我知道这事很重大

It's only been a month.

这才一个月

Well, we still have to govern, Paul.

我们还得继续执政,保罗

I thought you asked me down here

我以为你叫我来

because you wanted to talk or something.

是要跟我聊聊之类的

I do. About the election.

是啊,聊竞选的事

I mean about Peter.

我是说聊彼得的事

How come you didn't go to the funeral?

你怎么没来参加葬礼

I couldn't.

我做不到

How you been holding up?

你最近怎么样

I'm all right. It's been hard keeping the office on track.

我还好,维持机关正常运转不太容易

Jesus. Screw the office.

上帝啊,去他的机关

What about you?

你自己还好吗

You're allowed to grieve, Christina.

你不用硬撑着,克里斯蒂娜

Paul...

保罗

there are 600,000 people counting on us.

有60万人指望着我们呢

I can't let my feelings get in the way of that.

我不能因为个人感情影响工作

Will you hear me out about running for Peter's seat?

可以听我把竞选的事说完了吗

Well, you've passed the vetting process with flying colors.

你的审查结果相当不错

Is there anything we might have missed? No, sir.

还有什么要补充的吗,没有,先生

Tell me about your

跟我讲讲

experience as the chair of the oversight reform committee.

你担任监督改革委员会主席的经历吧

It's been very rewarding.

我获益良多

What are the biggest challenges you've had to face?

你遇到的最严峻的挑战是什么

Partisanship.

党派斗争

Well, I suppose a room filled with 435 big egos

监管435个自大狂(美国众议院有435个席位)

isn't the most hospitable place for oversight.

肯定不是件容易的事

Do you want to be Vice President, Tabitha?

你想不想成为副总统,塔比瑟

It would be a great honor, sir.

那将是无上荣幸,先生

We'll be in touch.

我们会再联系你

That's all?

就这样吗

For the time being. Thank you, Mr. President.

先这样吧,谢谢您,总统先生

We have to cross her off.

我们得划掉她

I agree. She could put a crack addict to sleep.

同意,她能把瘾君子讲睡着

Then what is she doing on the goddamn list?

那她怎么会出现在这张名单上

Tabitha's a very gifted legislator.

塔比瑟是位很有才干的立法者

I don't want people who make sense on paper.

我不需要那些理论上可行的人

I need at least one viable option.

起码给我一个可选的人

The two of you created this list and

列这张名单的人是你们

have proceeded to cross off every name you've put on it.

把名字一个个划掉的也是你们

It's just a first pass, sir.

这只是初次筛选,先生

We need time to fully vet all...

我们还需要时间去审查所有...

Jim is gonna win this thing in Pennsylvania,

吉姆肯定会拿下宾州州长

and we're no closer to naming his replacement

而我们在继任者提名问题上

than we were a month ago.

却原地踏步了一个月

Let us take another crack at it

我们会再尽力找找

and give you a few more names to consider.

再找几个值得考虑的人

I just want one name.

我只需要一个让人满意的

We'll have something for you by tomorrow morning.

我们会在明早前答复您

Thank you, Mr. President.

谢谢您,总统先生

He's ready to say yes to anything.

他现在什么都会同意的

Yeah, for this to work, I don't think you can be there.

想成功的话,我觉得你最好别在场

Not when I first mention it. I agree.

起码我最初提出的时候别在,同意

You bring it up in your morning brief,

你明早报告时提出来

and when I show up, I'll act surprised.

我到的时候,再故作惊讶

Assuming he's open to the idea...

如果他愿意考虑...

Look, all we have to do tomorrow is plant the notion in his head.

明天我们只要给他灌输这个想法就行

I'm sure you'll be persuasive.

你肯定能说服他的

Hello? Mr. Capra?

喂,凯普拉先生吗

Yeah. Who's this?

是我,你是谁

Janine Skorsky from Slugline.

我是头条网的简宁·斯克斯基

We spoke when I wrote the piece about Congressman Russo's passing.

我报道罗素议员去世时曾采访过你

I'm done giving interviews about Peter, okay?

我不会再接受关于彼得的采访了

He was a troubled guy. End of story.

他有很多困扰,就这样

This is not about his death.

我不是要问他去世的事

I'm calling you because

我打电话是因为

my sources at the D Triple C are telling me

有来自民主党议会竞选委员会的消息称

that you might be running for his seat.

你会竞选他的职位

I'm not talking about that.

这事我不予回答

But you did have a meeting

但你今早确实跟

this morning with Christina Gallagher, correct?

克里斯蒂娜·盖拉格见过面了吧

I'm driving right now. I really shouldn't be on the phone.

我在开车,真的不能多聊

If you do run, I would like to know

如果你确实要参选,我想知道

about your involvement in the closing of

你在关闭费城船厂一事中

the Philadelphia shipyard.

扮演了怎样的角色

That decision was made in Washington.

那是华盛顿的决定

The association wasn't consulted.

没有询问协会的意见

Forgive me. I find that hard to believe.

抱歉,这我很难相信

I read all of the transcripts from the BRAC Commission.

我读过所有军事基地整合委员会的笔录

Congressman Russo didn't give any testimony.

罗素议员没有给出任何证词

So are you saying that

那你的意思是

he didn't consult with you once before you...

他没和你们商讨就...

Somebody was strongarming him, okay? It was politics.

是别人逼他的,好吗,政治手段

Do you know who would've pressured him?

你知道是谁给他施的压吗

Look, I don't know. He just said people up the food chain.

不知道,他说是位高权重的人

Did he say anything more specific about...

他有具体说明...

You know what? There's traffic. I gotta go.

车太多了,我得挂了

Mr. Capra, I would...

凯普拉先生,我想...

Should I be prepared to do press?

我要准备应对媒体吗

If he's amenable.

如果他听劝的话

What do you think our chances are?

你觉得我们的胜算多大

Better than 5050, if I had to say.

非要说的话,超过一半吧

We won't announce until after Matthews wins, though.

马修斯胜选前我们不会宣布的

I hate to admit it, but I'm nervous.

我不想承认,但我很紧张

So am I.

我也是

It's just the last time, we found ourselves...

只是上次我们遇到这种情况...

That's my fear too.

我也是怕这个

All right. You call me, either way.

好吧,不论怎样,打给我

In no more than nine hours.

九个小时内给你电话

Linda's been in there far too long.

琳达在里面太久了

If the President takes this much convincing,

如果说服总统要这么久

it doesn't bode well. I can feel it...

那绝不是好事,我感觉得到

his hesitation on the other side of that door.

门那边他的犹豫

I know it's pointless to worry

虽说知道结果前

until I know what cards I'm holding.

急也没有用

Perhaps he just got interrupted by some...

或许他是被什么打断...

He wants to tap Raymond Tusk.

他想任命雷蒙德·塔斯克

What? He thinks it's a bold idea.

什么,他觉得这想法很大胆

It's an idiotic idea. The man's never held public office.

是愚蠢才对,他从没任过公职

That's one of the things the President said he likes about him.

这是总统喜欢他的地方之一

The President wants to nominate

总统想在经济萧条时

a multibillionaire in a struggling economy?

任命一个亿万富翁吗

He'll alienate half the country.

半个国家都会与他对立

Which is exactly what I said,

这正是我说的

but he made it very clear

但他说得很清楚

he does not want me to fight him on this.

他不想让我和他争辩

So you didn't mention me at all? I never had the chance.

那你根本没说到我,都没有机会

His mind was made up before I could say a word.

我能插话前他就决定好了

Well, we have to unmake it.

我们得让他改变主意

Well, you can try, but if you do,

你可以试试,但如果你说什么

my guess is he's gonna cut you out of the process altogether.

我猜他只会干脆不许你再插手

He seemed adamant.

他看起来非常坚定

We should go in there.

我们该进去了

Mr. President. Morning, Frank.

总统先生,早上好,弗兰克

Will you give us a few minutes, Linda?

能让我们单独谈一会儿吗,琳达

Of course.

当然

Linda fill you in?

琳达告诉你了吗

I think Raymond Tusk

我觉得雷蒙德·塔斯克

is an exciting, bold idea.

是个大胆,新奇的选择

Well, I'm glad you agree. Linda didn't think so.

很高兴你赞同我,琳达可不这么想

He's a proven businessman. Brilliant, but downtoearth.

他是有实力的商人,聪明,但很踏实

Do you know him personally?

你和他有私交吗

I met him briefly once at a fundraiser.

我们在一次募捐会上有点头之交

Last night when I called him

昨晚打给他时

was the first time we had a meaningful conversation.

我们才第一次深谈

Did he seem open to the idea?

他愿意考虑吗

I sensed a good deal of reluctance.

我感觉他很不情愿

He wanted a few days to consider.

他要几天时间来想想

Well, good. That gives us time to start vetting him.

很好,这样就有时间审查他了

He's clean. I had him vetted last year

他没问题,我去年就审查过他

when I was considering him for Secretary of the Treasury.

当时想任命他为财政部长

And did he say why he's reluctant?

他有说为什么不情愿吗

No. Didn't give a reason. Just wanted to mull it over.

没说原因,只说要好好想想

I want to send someone to St. Louis to speak to him in person,

我想派人去圣路易斯和他当面谈

convince him to accept the nomination.

让他接受任命

And who are you thinking about?

你有合适人选吗

I'd send Linda, but there's so much work for her to do here,

我想叫琳达,但她这边工作太忙了

and, well, she can be abrasive at times.

而且她有时说话比较难听

Yeah, she can be a bit tough.

是啊,她是比较强势

I want someone with gravitas.

我要找个比较庄重的

Birch is a possibility,

博奇可以考虑

but he's not always been our strongest ally.

但他并不总是站在我们这边

I'm not sure I would trust Bob with something like this.

我看这种事不能托付给鲍勃

I would be happy to go myself, sir.

我很乐意去,先生

I can use a light touch and give him the respect he deserves.

我会耐心规劝,给他应得的尊重

Good. I'll let his people know you're coming.

很好,我会通知他的手下你要过去

Thank you, Mr. President. Thank you, Frank.

谢谢您,总统先生,谢谢你,弗兰克

Tell me, Francis.

说吧,弗兰西斯

It's good we were prepared for anything.

幸好我们做了周全的准备

I have to fly to St. Louis tonight.

我今晚得飞去圣路易斯

"Somebody was strongarming him."

"是别人逼他的"

and when I asked him who, he said, quote,

我问他是谁时,他原话是

"People up the food chain." It's Washington.

"位高权重的人" 这可是华盛顿

Congressmen get strongarmed all the time.

议员受到逼迫是常事

My gut says it was Frank Underwood.

我觉得是弗兰克·安德伍德

He had nothing to do with Russo before the shipyard closing,

在造船厂倒闭前,他和罗素没任何往来

and then suddenly he's propping him up?

然后突然就支持他了

That doesn't mean he was...

那不意味着他...

Let's cut the bullshit once and for all, Zoe.

我们别再兜圈子了,佐伊

I know he's been feeding you your stories.

我知道是他给你提供信息

I don't want to screw you over,

我不想害你

but I'm not gonna stop digging on this.

但我会继续深入调查

I won't say he was a source.

我不会承认他是我的联络人

But you do know each other.

但你们确实认识

Show me your notes, and I'll talk to him.

给我看你的笔记,我去和他谈

These are the notes from the Capra call.

这是和凯普拉通话的笔记

And these are the transcripts from the BRAC hearing.

这是军事基地整合委员会听证会的笔录

When they got to the Philadelphia shipyard,

他们讨论到费城造船厂时

Russo doesn't say anything.

罗素什么都没说

That's fine.

没关系

Yeah, I would just put both of them in that file.

我会把两个都拖进那个文件夹里

Claire, I just got a call from the P.R. office at Sancorp

克莱尔,我刚接到桑科公关部的电话

saying they wanted to send a film crew

他们想派摄制组来

to take footage of our filtration project in Botswana.

拍我们在博茨瓦纳的滤水项目

Right. They're just using that for promotional material.

对,他们要用它做宣传片

Sancorp fought us on the watershed bill.

桑科反对我们的流域法案

They helped us get the filters out of South Sudan.

他们帮我们把滤水器运出了南苏丹

I thought that was the State Department.

那不是国务院做的吗

No. You remember Remy Danton?

不,你记得雷米·丹顿吗

You met him in your office right after you started working here.

你刚来这里工作时曾在办公室见过他

The lobbyist. I asked him for his help.

那个说客,我找他帮的忙

We're just returning the favor, that's all.

现在只是投桃报李,就这样

Claire, they're against everything we stand for.

克莱尔,他们的立场和我们完全相反

It's harmless. They'll send the video

没关系的,他们会把影片

to a few of their investors and make some commercials.

发给几个投资者,做些宣传

This makes me very uncomfortable... the idea...

这让我很不舒服

They are sending the film crew, Gillian,

他们会派摄制组来,吉莉安

so please work with them on that.

请好好配合他们

One of my colleagues is looking into Peter Russo.

我的同事在调查彼得·罗素

The assumption is you strongarmed him into closing the shipyard.

认为他关闭造船厂是受你所迫

Where does your colleague get their information?

你同事从哪得来的消息

I don't know.

我不知道

Allocating the D.O.D. budget is always a freeforall.

国防部预算的分配一直是自由竞争

Did you pressure him?

你对他施过压吗

There were certain people that were gonna benefit

船厂早日关闭

from the base closing sooner rather than later.

确实对某些人有好处

I didn't strongarm Peter.

我没有逼迫彼得

I advised him to trade in a losing hand for a winning one.

我只是建议他化腐朽为优势

How did he stand to win?

他得到什么优势了

He made allies out of enemies.

化敌为友

That's a very valuable thing in Congress.

这在国会非常可贵

I wish I could give you something juicier,

真希望我能给你更有料的信息

but the shipyard closing was just politics as usual.

但造船厂的关闭只是寻常的政治手腕

I assume your colleague is Ms. Skorsky.

我猜那个同事是斯克斯基女士

Does she know we're talking?

她知道我们的关系吗

No. Of course not.

当然不知道

Be in touch.

保持联络

More than you ever wanted to know about Raymond Alan Tusk...

雷蒙德·艾伦·塔斯克的全部资料

the companies he controls, political contributions.

他掌控的公司,政治贡献

A GQ article entitled "Backwoods billionaire"

《绅士季刊》的文章,《乡野亿万富翁》

is about his humble midwestern lifestyle. Jesus.

说的是他在中西部的低调生活,老天

There's also a copy of the financial disclosure requirements

还有一份财务状况的披露要求

and details of the blind trust.

和保密委托的细节

I think the trust is where you want to focus.

我觉得你该从委托入手

Could Linda be behind all this?

这会是琳达的主意吗

To what end?

什么目的

To get you out of town for a few days

调你出城几天

while they continue the search without your interference.

只剩他们俩继续找人选

The President has no reason to mistrust me.

总统没理由不信任我

Unless Linda told him you want the Vice Presidency.

除非琳达告诉他你想当副总统

No. She's in way too deep.

不,她陷得太深了

We misjudged her on the Secretary of State nomination.

国务卿提名的事我们就失误了

That was different. She blindsided me.

那不一样,那次是攻我不备

Now she knows my eyes are wide open.

现在她知道我眼观六路呢

Do you want the Gaffney bag or regular business?

您要私人行装还是商务行头

Regular business. Tusk can dress down if he wants to,

商务行头,塔斯克愿穿便服是他的事

but I'm representing the White House.

但我代表的是白宫

Oh, and get Walter Doyle onto Tusk.

让沃尔特·道尔查塔斯克

Let's see if we can dig up anything.

看看能挖到什么料

I'll call him right now.

我这就打给他

And keep your eye on Janine Skorsky while I'm away.

我离开这段时间留意简宁·斯克斯基

She's been prying into Russo.

她在打听罗素的事

What does she know?

她知道什么

She knows the right questions to ask.

她的问题切中要害

I want to make sure she doesn't get the right answers.

要确保她得不到正确答案

I'm on it.

我知道了

McCuddin.

麦喀顿

McCuddin.

麦喀顿

What was that?

你说什么

McCuddin Air Force Base.

麦喀顿空军基地

BRAC hearing. Was there on April 12th.

军事基地整合委员会于4月12日举行听证

David Rasmussen stepped down less than a week later.

不到一周后大卫·拉斯姆森离职

Womack takes his place. So maybe...

乌麦克接替了他,很可能...

Wait. Slow down.

等下,慢点

McCudden is in his district.

麦喀顿在他的选区

Is that the shipyard thing?

是造船厂那事吗

Janine, call me back.

简宁,给我回电

I think it was Womack who pressured Russo.

我想是乌麦克给罗素施了压

Russo was probably just earning a favor

罗素可能只是想卖个人情

he could cash in later.

回头再找回来

I'm around.

我随时都在

Did you ever have to fight her to kill a story?

你有没有为阻止她报道而跟她争过

Janine?

简宁吗

Yeah. When she worked for you.

对,她还是你手下的时候

Only when I knew she was wrong.

只有在我知道她不对的时候

She's trying to draw up this whole conspiracy thing

她想写一篇阴谋论的报道

with Russo and Frank Underwood

涉及罗素,弗兰克·安德伍德

and the whole shipyard closing.

还有造船厂关闭的事

But I'm pretty sure she's wrong.

我觉得是她错了

Pretty sure isn't the same as certain. No. I am certain.

觉得不代表确定,不,我确定

How do you know? I have sources.

你怎么知道,我有联络人

Underwood? No.

安德伍德吗,不是

No. Never mind. I'll figure it out.

算了,我再想想

Mrs. Tusk? Jean, please.

塔斯克太太,叫我珍就好了

You must be Frank. Come in.

你一定是弗兰克了,快请进

So nice to meet you.

很高兴见到你

The guest room is this way.

客房在这边

It is very kind of you to have invited me to stay here.

邀请我来住,真是太贴心了

Why waste the taxpayers' money on a hotel

我们这儿有舒适的床

when we have a perfectly good bed?

何必浪费纳税人的钱住宾馆呢

Well, both they and I are very grateful.

纳税人和我都十分感激

I'm sorry Raymond isn't awake to greet you.

抱歉雷蒙德睡下了不能来迎你

He goes to bed at... I know he's an early riser.

他睡觉... 我知道他习惯早起

I understand.

我理解的

Would you like a wakeup knock?

你要我早上敲门叫你吗

No. I have an alarm on my phone.

不用了,我手机上有闹铃

Sleep tight. Thank you so much.

晚安,非常感谢

I would say good morning, but it's the middle of the night.

我想问早安,但现在是大半夜

It's a pleasure to meet you. And you too.

见到你很高兴,我也是

Was I making too much noise?

我太吵了吗

No. I smelled bacon.

不是,我闻到了培根香

Here.

给你

Coffee? Booze?

咖啡还是酒

2:00 a.m., you can go either way.

凌晨两点,任你选

Just water for now.

来杯水就好

It's filtered. Your wife would approve.

过滤过的水,你妻子会喜欢的

You ever been to St. Louis before?

你之前来过圣路易斯吗

Just the airport.

只来过机场

What do you think so far?

你有什么看法

Well, I've only seen your neighborhood

我只看到了你家一带

and whatever I could see out the window on the interstate.

还有州际公路沿途的风景

Good enough. It's all pretty much the same.

可以了,看起来都差不多

Excuse me.

抱歉

Listen, um, I still haven't showered.

听着,我还没洗澡

My mind is on China here.

还在想着中国的事

Uh, what do you say you get a few more zs

不如你再睡一会儿

and we try this again in a few hours with our clothes on?

我们几小时后再好好谈

Sounds like a plan.

好啊

Meet me at my office at 9:30.

九点半在我办公室见

I'll have a driver pick you up.

我派司机来接你

Can I ask why you do that?

能问下你为什么要那样做吗

Do what? Tap your ring like that.

做什么,敲你的戒指

I've seen you do it on TV.

我在电视上见你那么做过

Two taps every time you get up from a table or leave a lectern.

每次起身离桌或是结束演讲你都会那么做

Something my father taught me.

我父亲教我的

It's meant to harden your knuckles

可以强健指关节

so you don't break them if you get into a fight.

打架的时候就不会弄断它们

It also has the added benefit of knocking on wood.

而且还顺道敲了木头(西方的吉兆)

My father believed that success

我父亲认为成功

is a mixture of preparation and luck.

准备和运气缺一不可

Tapping the table kills both birds with one stone.

敲敲桌子可以一石二鸟

Your father was a peach farmer?

你父亲不是个桃农吗

Yes, he was. Not a very successful one.

是的,而且做得并不好

Lack of preparation or lack of luck? Lack of both.

少了准备还是运气,都少

He was better at giving advice than following it.

他说得好做不好

Miss? Miss, your card.

小姐,小姐,你的卡

Thank you.

谢谢

Ms. Gallagher, my name's Janine Skorsky.

盖拉格小姐,我是简宁·斯克斯基

I'm a reporter at Slugline.

我是头条网的记者

I wrote the profile on Congressman... I remember.

我写了关于议员的专访... 我记得

Do you have a minute? If this is about Peter, I...

你有空吗,如果这是关于彼得,我...

No. It's about Paul Capra.

不,是关于保罗·凯普拉

We know that he might be running for Congressman Russo's old seat.

我们知道他可能会接替罗素竞选议员

I can't comment on that.

我不能发表意见

We're just trying to do some background

我们只是在调查去年四月

on the shipyard closing last April.

造船厂倒闭一事的背景

Listen, I just want to eat my breakfast.

听着,我只想好好吃顿早饭

We have sources that are saying

我们得到消息称

that the Congressman was being pressured by someone

有人对议员施压

to not fight the closure.

让他不做抗争

Who? That's what I'm trying to figure out.

谁,我正在查

This is completely off the record, I promise you.

我保证我们的谈话不会见报

Hi, Christina. Doug, hi.

你好,克里斯蒂娜,道格,你好

How you holding up? I'm okay.

你还好吗,还好

I'm... I'm good.

我很好

I saw you sitting over here. You mind if I...

我看你坐在这儿,介不介意...

No. Please.

不介意,请吧

Ms. Skorsky, right?

斯克斯基女士,对吗

I believe we spoke a few times when you used to work at the Herald.

你以前在《先驱报》时我们谈过几次

Whenever I could get past the press office gauntlet to you.

如果我能突破新闻处找到你

We do like to run a tight ship.

我们管理很严格

So what brings you to the Capitol?

你为什么来国会大厦

I was just asking Ms. Gallagher

我只想问问盖拉格小姐

who's running to fill the vacant seat in Pennsylvania's 1st.

谁在竞选填补宾州第一选区的议员一职

Well, the honest answer is we don't know.

实话说,我们不知道

Thank you for your time, Ms. Gallagher.

谢谢你抽出时间,盖拉格小姐

Anyone starts harassing you with questions you don't want to answer,

有谁来问你你不想回答的问题

you let me know.

就告诉我

I'll handle them.

我会处理

You got enough on your plate right now.

你要忙的事已经够多了

Thanks, Doug. I appreciate that.

谢谢,道格,我很感激

Hang in there, okay?

坚持住,好吗

Yes.

Uganda,

乌干达

Peru,

秘鲁

Nepal,

尼泊尔

Indonesia...

印度尼西亚

Nicaragua.

尼加拉瓜

Well, you are quite the well traveled man.

你的旅行经历可真够丰富的

No. I'm the man who stays at home.

不不,我是个居家的人

Jean brought those back for me.

这些都是珍给我带回来的

Mr. Tusk, I am... First names.

塔斯克先生,我... 叫名字就好

After all, we have broken bacon together.

毕竟,我们一起吃过培根

We can safely assume that we're familiar.

可以认为我们挺熟的了

Raymond, I realize that you are a very busy man,

雷蒙德,我知道你是个大忙人

so I'm gonna cut right to the chase.

那我就直切主题了

The President sincerely would like you

总统诚挚地希望

to become the next Vice President.

你能出任下届副总统

That part I already knew.

这个我已经知道了

And I'm here to convince you to say yes.

我是来说服你同意的

Another thing I already knew.

这我也知道

Well, I don't know that

那就不知道

I can tell you anything you don't already know.

我能不能告诉你什么新消息了

But perhaps you can tell me what your hesitation is.

但也许你能告诉我,你的顾虑是什么

Speak.

请说

Yes.

Now, I understand you might have some concerns

我理解,你有些顾忌

about the financial disclosures leading...

财务状况公开所导致的...

Speak.

请说

No.

不行

I have eight people representing me at eight

此时此刻,在六个时区有八个人

simultaneous meetings in six time zones right now.

在八个同时召开的会议上代表我

I sit here and answer their questions,

我就坐在这儿回答问题

provided they come in the form of a single yes or no proposition.

但问题必须用简单的肯否定就能回答

Well, then, let me give that a try.

那么,让我试试

Would you like to be the Vice President?

你愿意担任副总统吗

Yes or no?

愿意还是不愿意

Hold on a minute.

稍等一会儿

I am very sorry.

非常抱歉

Let me have 20 minutes to wrap up these meetings.

给我二十分钟,了结这些会议

And then what do you say we get out of the office

然后我们离开办公室

and away from this damn phone?

远离这该死的电话

Meet me at my car.

去我车那里等我

Betty can tell you where it's parked.

贝蒂会告诉你停车位置

Go ahead.

说吧

He's deflecting.

他在回避

What I can't tell is whether it's because

我分辨不出是因为

he's inclined to say no or wants to be wooed to say yes.

他想拒绝,还是想让我哄着他答应

Either way, I'll have to ease him into the conversation,

不管怎样,我得慢慢引他说话

not be so blunt.

不能太直白了

This trip may take longer than I thought.

这趟行程恐怕会比预计要长

We've looked through all the file cabinets.

我们已经找遍了所有的文件柜

They're not on his computer?

他电脑里没记录吗

Not with the Congressman's handwritten notes.

议员手写的便条没有

All right. I'll check his office.

知道了,我去他办公室看看

There is a comfort to these woods.

这片树林能给人慰藉

Like they're my backyard.

这儿就像我的后院

Well, they are my backyard, in a way. I own them.

其实可以这么说,这块地是我的

How much land?

多少地

Six thousand acres.

六千英亩

You think I could get a tour of your Fulton plant while I'm in town?

我这几天能去看看你的富顿电站吗

If you'd like. But...

如果你想,但...

I don't know why you'd want to be there

我不懂你撇下这美景

when you could be out here.

跑那儿去做什么

I've never seen a nuclear plant.

我从没见过核电站

Not much to see.

没什么可看的

Steel, concrete, a lot of steam.

钢筋混凝土,到处是蒸汽

The President hasn't exactly been a big supporter of nuclear power.

总统并不是很支持核能

Is that, uh, part of your hesitation...

那是你犹豫的原因吗

that fear that the administration...

害怕政府...

He's just being savvy.

他只是圆润处事罢了

Nuclear energy is a tough sell after Japan.

日本核爆后核能很难让人接受

But it's the only option we have right now

但这又是目前唯一

that doesn't completely trash the planet.

不会完全毁坏地球的能源

The argument against nuclear power is an emotional one.

反对核能的观点都是感情用事

And you don't make decisions based on emotion.

你不凭感情做决定

Decisions based on emotion aren't decisions at all.

凭感情做的决定不叫决定

They're instincts,

那是直觉

which can be of value.

但也很有价值

The rational and the irrational complement each other.

理性和非理性是互补的

Individually, they're far less powerful.

分开就无力许多

And which category do your thoughts on the

那你对副总统一职的考虑

vice presidency fall into?

是直觉还是决定呢

Do you hear that song?

听到鸟叫声了吗

It's a hermit thrush.

是只隐居鸫

Can't see him.

看不见他

"Solitary, the thrush...

孤独的鸫鸟

"The hermit, withdrawn to himself,

隐居起来,自我流放

"avoiding the settlements,

离开居巢

"sings by himself a song."

独自歌唱

Do you know the poem? No, I don't.

知道这首诗吗,不知道

It's Walt Whitman.

的诗

It's about the death of Abraham Lincoln.

写亚伯拉罕·林肯之死的

He's over there somewhere.

他就在那边

Yes, I know the damn poem.

我当然知道那首破诗

We studied it at the Sentinel.

在桑蒂诺学过

I said to my Professor,

我问教授

"Why mourn the death of Presidents, or anyone for that matter?

为什么要悼念总统或任何死去的人呢

"The dead can't hear us."

死人又听不到

And he asked me if I believed in heaven.

而他问我是否信天堂

I said no.

我说不

And then he asked if I had no faith in God.

他又问我是否不信上帝

I said, "You have it wrong.

我说,你错了

"It's God who has no faith in us."

是上帝不信我们

Deeper into the woods.

去树林深处吧

I think you're being paranoid.

我觉得你太多疑了

He came up right after I sat down. It was creepy.

我一坐下他就来了,很诡异

I'm telling you, it was Womack.

我跟你说,是乌麦克

Is that what Underwood said?

安德伍德说的

He didn't name names. But who else?

他没明说,但还能有谁

What's the big deal? Congressmen trade favors.

这怎么了,议员互做人情,很正常

One of these congressmen committed suicide.

其中一个自杀了

I think you're stretching here, Janine. To try and connect...

我觉得你在瞎想,简宁,想把...

I have gone after big fish before.

我追过大鱼

I know what it feels like to be watched.

我知道被监视是什么感觉

Underwood's education bill went to the floor

乌麦克当上多数党领袖三天

just three days after Womack became majority leader.

安德伍德的教育法案就进入投票

You leaked the education bill.

你泄露了教育法案的初稿

And then there was the Kern article.

还有科恩的社论

Those were two completely different stories.

那是完全不同的两件事

Wait. What was the guy?

等等,那人是谁

Uh, what was his name?

叫什么来着

He's the one who told that Kern wrote the article for the school paper.

爆料说科恩为校报写了那篇社论

Roy Kapeniak. You should go talk to him.

罗伊·科佩尼科,你该去找他

There's no link. Except you.

这没联系,你就是联系

Underwood's been using you, Zoe.

安德伍德在利用你,佐伊

Don't you want to know why?

你不想知道原因吗

Remy Danton's on line two.

雷米·丹顿在二号线

He says it's important.

他说有要事

Hello, Remy. Hey, Claire.

你好,雷米,你好,克莱尔

I got a call from the P.R. Team at Sancorp.

我刚接到桑科公关部的电话

They said Gillian Cole isn't being cooperative.

说吉莉安·科尔不合作

Hasn't gotten back to them, you mean?

你是说她还没回复他们吗

No. Told them pointblank she doesn't want the film crew there.

不,她直接说她不想让摄制组去

I'm looking at an email. She wrote that

我在看她的邮件,她说

they would be disruptive to the project and local community.

他们会破坏项目和当地社区

Is that her, or is that coming from you?

那是她的还是你的意思

No. I made it very clear that I wanted her to work with them.

不,我明确说过,让她配合工作

Well, it seems like she's doing the opposite.

看来她完全违背了你的要求

I will speak to her,

我跟她谈谈

and then I'll sort things out with the P.R. Team personally.

之后亲自向公关部解释

Thank you, Claire. You bet.

谢谢,克莱尔,不客气

Is Gillian at lunch?

吉莉安去吃午饭了吗

She didn't come in yet today. She's not feeling well.

她今天没来,身体不舒服

Let me know when she gets here.

她来了告诉我

What time is your flight? 6:40.

你飞机几点的, 6点40

We should get going. There's gonna be traffic.

那走吧,这会儿有点堵车

Almost ready.

快好了

I've been thinking.

我一直在想

The, uh, older man you were with.

你交往的那个老男人

Was it Underwood?

是安德伍德吗

So, what this is really about is covering your own ass.

那么你其实是想保住你自己

That is not true.

不对

You don't want anybody to know you were sleeping with him.

你不想让人知道你和他上床

Not exactly objective reporting, is it?

这可不是客观报道,对吧

Don't fucking lecture me on journalistic ethics.

不用你给我讲新闻伦理

How many of the stories you brought me at the herald

你在《先驱报》时有多少新闻

were because you were... I'm not gonna have this conversation.

是你通过... 我不想谈这个

Fine. Maybe you should take a cab to the airport.

好,那你自己打车去机场吧

Don't punish me for being honest.

别因为我坦诚而惩罚我

You haven't been honest. I had to ask.

你不坦诚,是我问出来的

And you still haven't given me a straight answer.

而且你还没给我一个直接的回答

Yes.

It was him.

是他

I... I don't know if I can do this, Zoe.

我不知道我能不能接受,佐伊

Do what? You fucked a Congressman to get ahead.

什么意思,你为了上位和议员上床

I'm not the first person to ever do something like that, Lucas.

我不是第一个这么做的人,卢卡斯

But I'm not sleeping with those other people, am I?

可是我没和别人上床,不是吗

What, so you just hate me now?

那你现在恨我了

No. I probably love you.

不,我可能爱上你了

That's the fucking problem.

这才是问题

Let's go. I'm parked illegally.

走吧,我违章停车了

So I hear you went stomping through the woods today.

我听说你们今天去林子里走了走

We did, and then Raymond was kind enough

是的,然后雷蒙德还

to arrange a tour of the Fulton plant.

安排我去富顿电站参观

And I'm sure you were wondering,

我敢肯定你在想

"When is this old fool gonna get around to brass tacks?"

这个老东西什么时候才能说正事

I'm here to simply answer questions.

我来就是为了回答问题

I figured that you would make up your mind when you're ready.

我想等你准备好了,自会做决定

There are two minds here.

这里有两个人

We know all about the blind trust.

我们非常了解保密委托

Does it concern either of you?

有什么让你们担心的吗

The words "Blind" And "Trust"

保密和委托

are not among my favorites in the English language.

绝非我最喜欢的英语单词

But I have no problem with it in theory.

但理论上,我并不反对

Not managing our assets for a few years

几年内不必管理我们的资产

could unburden us from a great deal of stress.

确实可以减轻我们许多压力

Well, then, what does your reluctance stem from?

那还有什么不情愿的地方

Why do you think the President wants me?

你觉得总统为什么要找我

Well, I can't speak on his behalf, but if I were to...

我不能代表他说话,但如果我要...

Aren't you here to do just that... speak on his behalf?

你来不就是为了代表他说话吗

If I were to speculate, I think the President would prob...

如果让我推测,我认为总统...

Speculation is a poor form of investment

推测可不是一种好的投资方式

and an equally poor form of politics.

同样也不是一种好的政治手段

Tell me what you know.

把你知道的告诉我们

I don't know what you mean.

我不明白你的意思

Well, what do you think I should do?

你觉得我应该怎么做

You, personally, Frank Underwood?

作为你个人,弗兰克·安德伍德

My opinion isn't what matters here.

我的意见并不重要

It does to me. Should I do it? Yes or no?

对我来说很重要,我应该去吗,去还是不去

Well, there's a great number of things to consider...

需要考虑很多事情

And I'm sure you've considered them all.

我肯定你都已经考虑过了

Yes or no, Frank?

去还是不去,弗兰克

No, I will not answer that question.

不,我不会回答这个问题

Because you think I shouldn't.

因为你觉得我不该去

Because it's not relevant.

因为我的想法不重要

All right, then. Let me ask you another way.

那好,我换个方式问你

Would you take the job?

你会接受这份工作吗

It hasn't been offered to me.

总统没找我

What if it were?

如果找了呢

I have a distaste for hypotheticals

我讨厌假设

just the same as you have a distaste for speculation.

就像你讨厌推测一样

All right, all right.

好,好吧

That's enough business for now. We can discuss it more tomorrow.

公事到此为止,我们可以明天继续谈

Get in. Get in there, Bruce.

进来,进来,布鲁斯

Sorry. Sorry to bother you, ma'am.

抱歉,抱歉打扰你了,女士

Um, I'm looking for Roy Kapeniak.

我找罗伊·科佩尼科

I thought his trailer was over here. Am I in the right place?

我以为他的拖车在那边,我找对地方了吗

You're in the right place a month ago.

一个月前的话你就找对地方了

He got evicted.

他被赶走了

He was shootin' off his gun too much in the yard.

总是在院子里打枪

Do you know where I can find him?

你知道我该去哪找他吗

Why?

找他干什么

I'm a relative. His... his niece.

我是他的亲戚,他的侄女

Skipped town is what I heard.

据我所知是出城了

Had a girl livin' with him. Maybe she knows.

有个姑娘和他一起生活,也许她知道

Name was Echo. Echo?

叫艾柯,艾柯

That's what she went by, at least.

她自己这么说

Works at the titty bar over on 40.

在40号公路那边的脱衣舞俱乐部工作

Highway 40?

40号高速公路

Across from the Burger King. Okay. Thank you.

过了汉堡王就是,好的,谢谢

Girls get in free.

姑娘免费进

I'm looking for Echo. Who?

我找艾柯,谁

Echo.

艾柯

Roy was a fucking wacko.

罗伊是个疯子

I was stupid to live with him as long as I did.

我和他同居真是蠢死了

Do you know where he is now? I don't know, and I don't care.

你知道他现在在哪吗,不知道也不在乎

He ever talk about the article I wrote?

他有没有说过我写的那篇报道

All the time. He had it framed.

整天唠叨,还裱起来了

Bet it's still in the trailer

应该还在拖车里

if it's not in a junkyard right now.

如果那车没进废车场的话

Did he say why he called me?

他说过为什么打电话给我吗

Did he ever tell you? I was there.

跟你说过吗,我当时在场

Where? When the guy showed up.

什么意思,那人来的时候

Who?

I won't name names.

我不会写你的名字

Fuck Roy Kapeniak.

别管罗伊·科佩尼科了

You don't owe him shit.

你又不欠他什么

Some guy who said he was a Congressman.

那人说他是个议员

Was it...

是...

him?

他吗

No.

不是

He was younger, tall,

那人要年轻一点,高一点

not much hair, pretty goodlooking.

头发很少,长得不错

Yeah, that was him. You're absolutely sure?

对,就是他,你肯定

He brought bourbon, blow, stayed the whole night.

他带了波旁酒,毒品,待了一晚上

The whole thing was his idea.

整件事都是他的主意

What, to say that Kern wrote the editorial?

说那篇社论是科恩写的

That guy didn't write anything. It was all Roy.

那人什么都没做,都是罗伊写的

Okay, look, I know I said that I wouldn't name names,

好的,我知道我说过不会写你的名字

and I won't if that's what you want.

如果你坚持我是不会写

But you could be famous overnight.

但你可以因此一夜成名

Talk shows, TV, the whole country...

脱口秀,电视,全国...

No way.

想都别想

You wouldn't have to dance anymore.

你不用再跳舞了

You could do whatever you want.

你想干什么都行

Don't use my fucking name, okay?

别他妈写我名字,好吗

I already said more than I should have.

我都说了不该说的了

Stamper, it's midnight. Two things, boss.

斯坦普,都半夜了,两件事,先生

First, Janine Skorsky

第一件,简宁·斯克斯基

ambushed Christina this morning.

今早去找了克里斯蒂娜

I intercepted her before she could ask too much.

在她能提更多问题前被我拦下了

Should we be worried? I can keep this contained, sir.

要担心吗,我能控制住,先生

I just wanted you to know.

只是告诉你一声

All right. What's the other thing?

好的,还有件事呢

Doyle came back with his research.

道尔的调查做完了

I just emailed it to you.

我刚发你邮箱了

The President told you he and Tusk didn't know each other, right?

总统跟你说他不认识塔斯克,对吗

Yeah. He said they met once, I think,

是的,他说他们只见过一面

at a fundraiser.

在一个募捐会上

That would appear to be a lie.

看来他说谎了

All right. I have it in front of me now.

好的,我打开邮件了

Doyle catalogued all the instances he could find

道尔列出了他能查到的

in which the two of them were in the same city at the same time.

他们俩同时出现在同一城市的情况

Items in red are events that they both attended.

红色项是他们共同出席的活动

And he found something else.

他还查到了别的

Back in Walker's private sector days,

沃克之前做私营生意的时候

he was the C.E.O. of Pioneer Airlines.

他曾是先锋航空公司的执行总裁

Guess who owned a third of the stock

公司被卖给美联航时

when it was sold to united?

猜猜谁拥有三分之一的股份

Raymond Tusk.

雷蒙德·塔斯克

My guess is that he and Walker know each other quite well.

我猜他和沃克相当熟

All right. Let me look this over. I'll call you back.

好的,我再看下邮件,回头打给你

I'm being played.

我被耍了

But why?

为什么

Did I wake you again? No.

我又把你吵醒了,没有

I'd like to talk.

我想谈谈

Give me a moment.

稍等一下

Carolina Parakeet.

卡罗莱纳长尾鹦鹉

You're wrong, but you're close.

不对,但很接近了

This is the Sun Conure.

这是太阳锥尾鹦鹉

They look very similar,

看起来很相似

but the Carolina Parakeet is extinct.

但卡罗莱纳长尾鹦鹉已经灭绝了

Was killed off because it was considered a pest.

被认为有害,所以被杀尽了

Interesting species, though.

却是个很有趣的物种

Voracious appetite.

贪食

And he was poison. Cats who ate him died.

还有毒,猫吃了它会死

This bird is not the only thing

你来圣路易斯后

you've misidentified since you've been in St. Louis.

认错的可不只有这只鸟

You and Walker are old friends.

你和沃克是老朋友了

I wasn't sent here to vet you.

他不是让我来审查你的

Very good.

很好

Tell me why I am here, then.

那告诉我来的原因

So I can vet you.

我好审查你

For the vice presidency?

为副总统的职位吗

The President values my advice, and he tends to follow it.

总统很看重我的意见,而且一般会照做

Like when I advised him not to make you Secretary of State.

比如我建议他不要让你当国务卿那次

That was very bad advice.

那建议很糟糕

Yes, it was.

是的

One of the larger mistakes I've made,

是我犯下的最大错误之一

and I very rarely make mistakes of any size.

而我几乎不犯错

You've proven yourself to be quite difficult.

你真是个相当难搞的人物

Kern, the teachers' strike, now Matthews.

科恩,教师罢工,现在是马修斯

You attribute all that to me?

你觉得这都是我干的

If I had to guess.

如果要我猜的话

A smart man once said to me

一位智者曾对我说

that speculation is a poor form of politics.

推测不是一种好的政治手段

Why don't you stick to what you know, Raymond?

你还是说你知道的事吧,雷蒙德

What I know is you are extremely effective

我知道,如果你打定了主意

at what you set your mind to.

会非常有成效

That is valuable to me,

这对我很有价值

and I've already told Garrett that it could be valuable to him...

我也跟加勒特说,这对他可能也很有价值

somebody at his side with one foot in the executive branch

选个同时涉足行政部门和立法部门

and one in the legislative.

又支持他的人

He is very open to the idea.

他很愿意考虑

My turn to speculate.

该我推测了

Your recommendation...

你的推荐

comes at a price.

是有代价的

Fact.

事实

I have something that you want.

我有你想要的东西

You have something that I want.

你有我想要的东西

Have I said something amusing?

我说什么可笑的话了吗

Oh, I've just sat too many times on your side of the table

只是我曾太多次跟别人说过这种话

not to enjoy the irony of finding myself on this side of it.

不禁觉得自己会听到这种话无比的讽刺

Would you like to hear what I want?

你想听听我想要什么吗

I don't shackle myself to people I don't know.

我不把自己绑在我不认识的人身上

What I want is one favor.

我想让你帮个忙

One and only one.

只有这一个要求

Which is?

什么忙

I need to be certain you'll grant it

我要确定你会答应

before I'll take the risk of being more specific.

才能说得更细

A blank check.

一张空头支票

Of sorts.

差不多

You would never grant anyone a blank check.

你不会给任何人开空头支票

No. But I'm not sitting on that side of the table.

不,但面临抉择的不是我

We still believe in handshakes where I come from.

在我们那地方,还相信握手为诺

Do they still mean anything in Washington?

华盛顿的人还相信吗

Who are you calling? Car service to get me to the airport.

你给谁打电话,叫出租车载我去机场

Frank,

弗兰克

I will tell the President that I want until Friday

我会告诉总统我要仔细考虑

to think things over before I make my recommendation.

到周五才能给出我的建议

Let me know if you change your mind.

改主意的话告诉我

And let me arrange the car for you.

我给你安排车吧

Hi. I'd like to arrange a car, please.

你好,我想叫一辆车,谢谢

How are you feeling? Better than yesterday.

你感觉怎么样,比昨天好些

But I might take off early if, uh, the nausea comes back.

如果又恶心了,可能还得提前走

I find it interesting that you stay home

你赶走了桑科公司的人

the day after you blow off the sancorp people.

第二天就待在了家里,这很有趣

You weren't feeling sick, Gillian.

你不是觉得难受,吉莉安

I find it extremely offensive

我觉得你指责我

that you'd accuse me of hiding behind my pregnancy.

用怀孕作为逃避的理由很无礼

You knew what I wanted.

你很清楚我的意思

The Botswana project is mine.

博茨瓦纳项目是我的

Under my umbrella, using money I raised.

在我的保护下,用我筹集的钱

You promised me autonomy.

你答应给我自主权

Um, excuse us for a moment, please.

让我们单独待会儿,谢谢

I promised to empower you.

我答应给你权力

That's not the same thing

这和你不问我

as you doing as you choose without consulting me.

就自作主张是两码事

I'm not gonna allow a project I've put almost three years

我不会让一个我投入了三年心血

of my life into... your project wouldn't be happening

的项目,如果没有桑科

if it weren't for sancorp.

你的项目根本不可能实现

I didn't ask for their help.

我没要他们帮忙

How about consulting me before you struck a deal?

你达成协议之前怎么不和我商量

Let's get something very clear.

我们把话说清楚

I run the organization. You work for it.

我运营这个组织,你为它工作

Our agreement is an affiliation, Claire.

我们的协议是联盟,克莱尔

Worldwell isn't your vassal. Yes, it is, entirely,

世界之井不是你的下人,是,它就是

if we're going to be blunt about it.

如果非要直说的话

That's not what you proposed six months ago.

这不是你六个月前的提议

It's what you signed up for when you signed the contract.

你签合同的时候就等于接受了这一切

There was a good faith understanding that...

我们的协议有一份诚意...

And you dissolved that good faith by disobeying me.

你对我的违抗,让我失去了这份诚意

Disobeying you? Yes.

违抗你,是的

I threaten you, don't I?

我威胁到你了,是吧

Nothing about you threatens me.

你没有什么能威胁到我

But maybe you should take a leave of absence.

也许你应该去休假

Are you firing me?

你要开除我

That's up to you, but right now you should leave.

这取决于你,但现在你得离开

Did you get her on record?

她愿意公开吗

No. She wouldn't talk to me otherwise.

不,否则她就不和我说话了

We need hard proof that Underwood was behind it.

我们需要确凿证据证明安德伍德是幕后黑手

This whole thing is making me really nervous.

这事让我很紧张

That you'll be exposed?

害怕你会暴露

Not that.

不是

It's Francis.

那可是弗兰西斯

If this really goes as deep as we think,

如果这事真像我们想的那么大

and he's already watching you...

他已经在监视你

You think he's dangerous? I know he is.

你认为他很危险,我知道他很危险

Then that's why we have to keep going.

所以我们必须得查下去

He crushes people...

他能毁掉一个人

Hey, Callum. Hey.

你好,卡拉姆,你好

Look, if you weren't afraid, you wouldn't be doing your job.

如果你不怕,就不会做这份工作了

The only articles that I have ever written

我写过的唯一一篇

that truly mattered scared the shit out of me.

真正重要的文章简直把我吓坏了

We need to know about anything that might've happened with Russo.

我们得了解关于罗素的一切

Something Underwood could have held over him.

安德伍德用来威胁他的事

We have to go back to Christina Gallagher,

咱们得再去找克里斯蒂娜·盖拉格

see if she'll give us something.

看她能说点什么

It can't be me. If I go back for a second time...

我不能去了,如果我又去找

I'll do it.

我去吧

You honestly had no idea that the President and Tusk were close?

你完全不知道总统和塔斯克关系很亲密吗

He never showed up once on any call sheet,

从我们开始竞选到上任这段时间内

phone log or schedule during

他从没出现在任何通告单

the campaign or since we've been in office.

通话记录或者日程表上

I'd love to believe you, Linda,

我很想相信你,琳达

but I'm finding it very difficult.

但这很困难

What would I gain by keeping you in the dark?

我把你蒙在鼓里有什么好处呢

I am as shocked as you are, Frank.

我跟你一样震惊,弗兰克

Well, don't let on that you know.

别让他看出来你知道了

Of course not. What's the President saying?

当然,总统说什么

He wants to meet with you Tuesday to get your report on Tusk.

他周二想见你,让你报告塔斯克的事

That's a farce.

真是胡闹

Should I come up with a reason to delay the meeting?

要我找点理由推迟会面吗

No. Maybe we'll learn something.

不用了,或许能打探出点什么

What time? 2:00 P.M.

什么时候,下午两点

All right. I'll be there. Thank you, Linda.

好吧,我会去的,谢谢你,琳达

We have one week. To accomplish what exactly?

我们有一礼拜时间,做什么

To force Tusk's hand. He wants me beholden to him? No.

逼迫塔斯克,他想让我感激他,休想

We have to make him come crawling to me.

我们得让他来找我

What's his weakness?

他的弱点是什么

His fortune.

他的财产

Wouldn't you say that's his strength?

那不是他的优势吗

Not if it's slipping away.

一旦流失就不是了

How do you make 40 billion disappear overnight? We can't.

怎么在一夜之间搞掉四百亿,做不到

But maybe we can create the illusion that it's in danger.

但可以制造出他的财产有危险的假象

The brief you gave me on his assets.

你给我的那份他的资产报告

How much of his total net worth is...

他的总资产净值有多少

in nuclear power?

是核能方面的

About a third.

大概是三分之一

Sixteen reactors here in the states, 37 worldwide.

美国有16个反应堆,全球37个

Well, that's what we hit him with.

那就是我们打击他的武器

We go after his nuclear interests.

我们要打击他的核利益

Even so,

即便如此

he's got 25 billion in other investments.

他的其他投资价值250亿美金

Doug, this is a man who built his fortune from nothing.

道格,他白手起家

The money doesn't mean anything to him.

钱对他毫无意义

It's what it represents.

重在钱所代表的东西

Which is what? His life's work.

是什么,他一生的努力

Get Remy Danton on the phone.

接通雷米·丹顿的电话

Set up a meeting as quickly as you can.

尽快安排一个会面

You got it.

知道了

Tusk understands the difference between power and money.

塔斯克理解权力和金钱之间的区别

That's precisely what makes him dangerous.

因此他是个危险人物

He doesn't measure his wealth in private jets

他衡量财富的标准不是私人飞机

but purchased souls.

而是拉拢的人心

I've worked too hard to get within arm's reach of the prize

我做了这么多努力,如今目标近在咫尺

only to have my hand cut off just before I seize it.

绝不能在即将到手时被砍断双手

Zoe Barnes, here to see Christina Gallagher.

佐伊·巴恩斯,来见克里斯蒂娜·盖拉格

I'm sorry. I don't see an appointment.

抱歉,我没看到有预约

Oh, there must be a mistake. I have an 11:30.

肯定搞错了,我预约了11点半的

One second.

稍等一下

My name is Zoe Barnes.

我叫佐伊·巴恩斯

I work at Slugline.

我在头条网工作

You spoke to my colleague Janine Skorsky.

你跟我同事简宁·斯克斯基谈过了

Miss... Oh, we're fine, thanks.

小姐,没事,谢谢

You can't just come in here...

你不能这么闯进来

There are things you don't know about Peter.

很多关于彼得的事你都不知道

I wrote the article about Roy Kapeniak.

关于罗伊·科佩尼科的文章是我写的

Please leave. Right now.

请快走吧,马上

It was Peter who convinced him to talk to me.

是彼得说服他跟我谈的

What? I don't... I don't understand.

什么,我不,不明白

Why would he... Somebody pressured him to do it.

他为什么,有人强迫他做的

The night of January 24th.

1月24号晚上

That's when he went to speak to Kapeniak.

他去找科佩尼科

Do you remember anything strange

你记得就职典礼左右

around the time of the inauguration?

发生过什么奇怪的事吗

Anything that could have been held over him? No, I don't.

任何可能成为把柄的事,没有

If he was mixed up in things

如果他被牵连进了

that in any way contributed to his suicide,

最终导致他自杀的事情

wouldn't you want to know?

你不想知道吗

I'm not trying to cause you any more pain.

我没想火上浇油

I just want the truth.

我只想要真相

And you deserve that more than anyone.

而你比任何人都应该知道

What was the date? The 24th of January.

你刚说什么时候, 1月24日

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/zpwdyj/zpwdy/507056.html