纸牌屋第二季 第8集:明智的决定(在线收听

Evelyn...

伊芙琳

Mr. Danton. Remy.

丹顿先生, 叫我雷米就行

How are you? I'm OK. I'm good.

你最近怎样, 我还行,挺不错

Been awhile. Yeah, it has.

好久不见, 是啊,有段时间了

Good morning. Mr. Vice President.

早上好, 副总统先生

Chief Whitehall.

怀特豪尔酋长

Is Andrew Jackson going to be joining us?

安德鲁·杰克逊也要参加会面吗

No, I'm sorry, that's a terrible oversight.

很抱歉,这是严重的疏忽

Doug, will you... remove that.

道格,麻烦你,把画像拿走

Why don't we take the photograph first.

我们先照相吧

Thank you.

谢谢

Please have a seat.

各位请坐

Let's talk federal recognition.

我们谈谈联邦认证吧

Your tribe has waited long enough.

想必贵部落已经等待许久了

Who is it? It's me. It's Lisa.

哪位, 是我,丽萨

Can I come in?

我能进去吗

Temp jobs, mostly.

主要做些临时工

Clerical work...

文职工作

Right now I'm doing part-time at a dentist's office.

眼下我在一个牙医诊所兼职

Reception.

接待员

You deserve better.

真是大材小用

It is what it is.

也就只能将就了

This is the first time I've had Starbucks since I can remember.

我都好久没进星巴克了

It's a luxury for me these days.

如今这对我而言是种奢侈了

Maybe there's something for you at Glendon Hill.

也许格兰顿希尔能提供你一个职位

That's nice of you to say,

多谢你了

but I'm not the right fit for a place like that.

但只怕那样的公司我做不来

Sure you are.

你当然能

Twenty years' experience in the non-profit sphere,

在非盈利领域工作20年

we coordinated all the time NGOs,

我们也经常和非政府组织协作

you'd be a valuable asset to us.

你的经验对我们会很有价值

Claire should've never let you go. Yeah.

克莱尔当初就不该解雇你, 可不是

Well... I'll hold my tongue.

我还是不说了

She and I don't talk.

我和她现在也不联系了

We had a falling out.

我们闹僵了

Loyalty isn't her thing. No, it is not.

她不是个忠诚的人, 的确不是

I don't think she's loyal to anyone.

我看她不会忠于任何人

Except maybe her husband. Maybe... maybe not.

也许除了她丈夫吧, 也许吧,也难说

What do you mean?

你什么意思

Nothing I know for certain, but...

我也不确定,但是

...spend a decade working for someone...

和一个人共事那么久...

She threaten you or anything?

她威胁你了吗

No. She just wouldn't leave.

没有,她只是不肯走

It's not like I wanted to call the cops.

我又不想报警

She's not a bad person.

她也不是坏人

No, no, but...

当然不是...

I tried to talk to her. Then she lit up a pipe.

我试着和她谈,但她又开始抽了

Meth? Yeah.

冰毒, 是的

When we were roommates that's all it was.

我们做室友时整天吸那个

I used to be really deep into that.

我曾经难以自拔

Heroin, too.

还有海洛因

And then I found the fellowship.

直到我加入了友谊会

What can I do?

我能帮你什么

I'm sorry. I shouldn't --

很抱歉,我不该

No, I'm glad you came here.

不,我很高兴你来找我

I know you're late for work.

我知道你上班要迟到了

I'll call in sick.

那我就请病假

Don't do that. It's fine. I'll go.

别这样,我没事,我这就走

Stay here.

别走

I mean, don't go back there.

我是说,别回去

Are you sure?

这样行吗

Keys. In case you need to come and go.

给你钥匙,方便你进出

I'll be back around 7:30.

我大约七点半回来

Thank you.

谢谢你

You don't have to thank me.

你用不着谢我

All the President has to do is pick up the phone,

现在只要总统一个电话

and the bridge is approved.

大桥就能批下来了

If the President had wanted to be involved,

如果总统想参与这事

he would have already made that call.

他早就打电话了

It's his initiative, Linda.

本来就是他的提议,琳达

Was his initiative. We're in a trade war now.

曾经是,但现在贸易战已经打响了

But that doesn't mean we have to abandon good policy.

那也用不着把好端端的政策全丢掉

It's inconsistent with his current stance.

这会与他现在的立场不一致

The Committee on Foreign Investment has 30 days to approve.

外资投资管理委员会有30天的时间批准开建

There's only six days left.

但现在只剩六天了

They won't act without a directive

没有美国总统的

from the President of the United States.

直接指示,他们绝不会批准的

I'm confused, you've been the biggest proponent

我不明白,你一直坚定支持对中国

of a strong position against China.

采取强硬态度

That is not true.

这话可不对

I advocated the opposite early on.

我早先的建议与此相反

You seem fixated on this bridge.

你似乎很在乎这座桥

Is something else going on here?

还有别的原因吗

Unemployment is at nine-point-two,

失业率达到9.2%

inflation is skyrocketing,

通货膨胀率飙升

we're on the verge of losing our majority.

我们马上就要丢掉多数席位了

The president needs to offer a piece of good news.

总统需要一则好消息向世人公布

A bridge? That's a drop in the bucket.

一座桥,简直是微不足道

Jobs, infrastructure,

工作,基础设施

deficit reduction--

削减赤字

You're still not being straight with me.

你还是没说实话

I have no ulterior motive here,

我没别的用心

but if you feel that strongly

如果你非要这么想

and the president feels that strongly,

总统也非要这么想的话

then I'll back off.

那我就不管了

I won't mention it again.

不会再提了

I think that's a wise decision.

这的确是个明智的决定

We should be a united front.

我们该团结起来

I couldn't agree more.

非常赞同

Thank you.

谢谢

Why does everything have to be a struggle?

为什么凡事都这么不容易

Can't some people just say "Yes" for once?

就没人能说一次"好"吗

Sir.

先生

I need the president's schedule for the next two days.

我要总统明后天的日程表

She change her mind?

她改变主意了吗

What do you think?

你觉得呢

So what's our next move?

我们下一步做什么

I'll focus on the bridge,

我去办桥的事

you talk to the Indian affairs.

你去跟印第安人事务部谈

The sooner that Whitehall's tribe gets recognized,

怀特豪尔的部落越早得到认证

the sooner they can break ground on that casino.

赌场就能越早动工

Yes sir.

是,先生

Maybe it will help me, you know?

也许这对我有帮助

If I talk about it more in the open.

多公开谈谈那事

I mean that's what your interview did.

就像在你的访谈上那样

When I called. When I could say those things out loud.

我打进电话,公开说出那些事

Well, we don't want you to feel obligated.

我们不想让你觉得你有义务如此

I know the press hasn't left you alone.

我知道媒体还一直缠着你

If they're going to keep taking pictures of me,

如果他们还要继续给我拍照

I should at least say something.

我至少该说点什么

Well, that's only going to become more intense

麦金尼斯上军事法庭指日可待

when McGinnis gets closer to his court-marshal.

事态会越来越紧张

Yeah, I know.

是啊,我知道

I'm prepared.

我准备好了

If you come and speak to the Armed Services Committee,

如果你能去跟三军委员会谈谈

tell your story,

说出你的往事

I feel confident we can get it to a vote.

那么法案一定能进入投票阶段

I'd be too much coverage to ignore it.

这样的重磅新闻他们不能无视

And you think it will pass?

你觉得法案会通过吗

We need to get it through committee first.

要先要通过委员会

But let's be clear, Megan,

但我要说明,梅根

it's not just the testimony.

你不光要举证

We'll need you to do a media avail after.

稍后你还得面对媒体

Photo ops, a statement.

拍照片,做声明

Ok. You won't be alone.

好的, 你不是一个人

I'll be standing right next to you.

我会一直支持你

And so will I.

还有我

Ok.

好的

Do you think we're doing the right thing?

你觉得这样做对吗

Hauling her in front of the cameras?

把她拉到镜头前

We have to trust her when she says she wants to.

她说她想这样做,我们得相信她

But it's very important

但重要的是

that the White House backs us up on this, not just you.

不仅是你,白宫也支持我们

I'm not sure if Garrett will get involved publicly.

我不确定加勒特会不会公开表示支持

Well, can you talk to him?

你能和他谈谈吗

We haven't been doing much talking about anything lately.

我们最近没怎么交谈

Things haven't gotten any better?

情况还没好转吗

We haven't said a word to each other in almost a week.

我们差不多一个礼拜没说过话了

I've been there, it's awful.

我也经历过,真可怕

With Frank?

和弗兰克吗

Sure.

当然

What did you do?

你们是怎么做的

We saw someone.

我们找了一个人

You mean a therapist?

你是指心理咨询师吗

Weren't you worried about exposure?

不担心被曝光吗

He was a minister.

他是个牧师

He wasn't exactly a therapist.

严格说,他不是心理咨询师

It was more like a spiritual guidance, type thing.

更像是精神指引那种的

The only difference was that he had a degree.

唯一的区别是他有学位

I could put you in touch.

我可以帮你联系

It's too risky.

太冒险了

Just a suggestion.

只是个建议而已

Let me know if you change your mind.

你要是改变主意就告诉我

Thanks.

谢谢

In the meantime, can you try to talk to Garrett?

那么你能试着和加勒特谈谈吗

We really need his support with this.

我们非常需要他的支持

I will.

我会的

Yes?

什么事

Show him in, please.

请带他进来

Remy.

雷米

So formal.

这么正式

Would you have a seat?

请坐吧

Shouldn't keep your interns so late.

你不该让实习生工作到这么晚

You and I might not have lives, but they do.

我们也许没有个人生活,但他们有

When there's work to be done, we work. They know that.

有工作没做完就要继续做,这他们懂

Why am I here at 10 at night?

为什么晚上10点叫我过来

Where is the GOP getting their money?

共和党的钱从哪来的

That is a $25 million question, isn't it?

你是问那两千五百万吧

You must have an idea.

你一定知道

What makes you think that?

你为什么会那么认为

Because you know things.

因为你无所不知

That's why Glendon Hill made you partner.

所以格兰顿希尔升你做合伙人

Most of our clients are Democrats.

我们大部分客户都是民主党人

I'm just as much in the dark as you are.

我和你一样毫不知情

I'm losing in my district, Remy.

我要失去我的选区了,雷米

And I wish I could help you.

真希望我能帮你

Even if I pull off a win, it doesn't matter.

就算我赢得选举,也无所谓了

The GOP takes the House,

共和党占据众议院多数席位

I lose my spot in the leadership,

我会被踢出领导层

this office, everything I've worked for.

失去职务,失去我为之努力的一切

I feel for you.

我替你难过

But you want information i don't have.

但你想要的是我不知道的信息

Are you upset

我们上次的见面

about the last time we saw each other?

让你不高兴了吗

Not at all.

完全没有

I made myself clear.

我说的很清楚

Can we talk?

我们能谈谈吗

No work, no politics.

不谈工作,不谈政治

We can talk about whatever you want.

你想谈什么都可以

I've never... been with anyone for more than six months.

我跟人约会,从未超过六个月

When I was in the army I was always on the move and, um...

我在军队的时候,总是四处奔波

Since I've been in Congress,

进入国会之后

I just haven't had time.

又实在没有时间

I wasn't asking to marry you.

我不是要你嫁给我

Just to be more than company for a night.

只是想比一夜情更认真一些

Do you still want that?

你依然那么想吗

I'm here, aren't I?

我来了,不是吗

There would have to be clear boundaries.

那我们必须划定一个界限

Whatever we have privately

我们私底下的事

couldn't affect our professional relationship.

不能影响我们的公事关系

Then we shouldn't be having this conversation in your office.

那我们就不该在你的办公室谈这些

I'm glad we had this meeting.

很高兴我们能把话说开

If you'd like to have another, just call me.

如果你还想见我,给我打电话

We can leave the secretaries out of it.

我们可以省掉秘书这一关

I'll review this and have Linda get in touch.

我会再看看,让琳达联系你们

Thank you, sir. Thank you, sir.

谢谢,先生, 谢谢,先生

Good morning, Mr. President.

早上好,总统先生

Hi, Frank.

你好,弗兰克

I left my bourbon at home,

我把波本威士忌放在家里了

but you have time for some coffee?

但你有时间喝个咖啡吗

I'm fine, you go ahead.

我不用,你自便

I wanted to talk to you

我想跟你谈谈

about the Port Jefferson Bridge.

杰斐逊港大桥

Linda told me you two spoke.

琳达说你们俩谈过了

Have you reconsidered?

你重新考虑过吗

It's not the right time, Frank.

现在时机不对,弗兰克

We'll find some other project

等到紧张局势过去后

to showcase our program once tensions subside.

我们再找别的项目展示我们的计划

During the campaign,

在竞选中

you repeatedly promised to address critical infrastructure.

你反复承诺会重视重要的基建

We're well into your second year.

我们已经进入了你任期的第二个年头

This project is ready to go,

这个项目已经蓄势待发

you don't want to have to start from square one.

你也不想再重头搞一个吧

I'm thinking midterms.

我在想中期选举的事

We have to project consistency.

我们得表现出一致性

Except people don't vote for consistency,

但人们不会为了一致性投票

they vote for concrete progress.

他们只为确实的进展投票

Linda mentioned that you seemed obsessed with this bridge.

琳达说你似乎对这座桥很执迷

I'm beginning to think she was right.

我现在觉得她说对了

The backstabbing, vomit-inducing bitch.

那个背后捅刀的恶心婊子

Is she right, Frank?

她说对了吗,弗兰克

Tell me why this bridge is so important to you.

跟我说说你为什么这么在乎这座桥

I wanted to insulate you from this--

我不想让你受影响

From what?

受什么影响

You asked me to back channel with the Chinese

你让我与中国人私下接触

and I have continued to do so.

我就继续那么做了

No, I told you to stop back channeling

不,我让你停止跟中国人私下接触

and you did anyway?

而你还是那么做了吗

Without informing me, Frank--

还不告诉我,弗兰克

I needed to distance you.

我得拉开你的距离

There are issues that a president cannot be aware of.

有些事是不能让总统知道的

What issues--

什么事

But, what I can tell you...

但我能告诉你的是

...is that the building of this bridge

大桥的建设

directly affects our ability to combat the Republicans

可以直接影响我们在中期选举中

in the midterms.

与共和党的对抗

Have the Chinese--

中国人是不是...

Mr. President, you are asking questions

总统先生,你正在问

you do not want the answers to.

你不想知道答案的问题

All right, how much danger are we in, Frank?

我们的风险有多大,弗兰克

None if we end this conversation right now.

如果我们现在就结束谈话,就没有风险

Sometimes I feel like

有时候我觉得

I'm losing control over my goddamn administration.

我已经无法控制我自己的政府了

You're under pressure, sir,

你承受着很大压力,先生

but you're not losing control.

但你并没有失控

You have people who are looking out for you:

有很多人在帮你

me, Linda, your wife.

我,琳达,你妻子

I might be losing control of her too.

我对她也快失去控制了

I shouldn't have said that...

我不该这么说

Of course she wants the best for me.

当然她也是为我着想

Has Claire said anything?

克莱尔说了什么吗

I know they talk.

我知道她们有聊天

Not much...

不多

just that things have been a little rocky.

只是说你们之间有点磕磕绊绊

Well, that's an understatement.

那真是说得太轻了

You have the most difficult job on earth.

你的工作是世界上最难做的

It would take a toll on any marriage.

换了谁婚姻上都会出现问题

Which is why I'm urging you

所以我劝你

to reconsider your decision on the bridge.

重新考虑一下桥的事

And I'd say that not as your vice president...

我这话不是以副总统的身份

but as your friend.

而是以你朋友的身份

Because I care about you.

因为我在乎你

All right, I'll... I'll have another look at it.

好吧,我会再看看

Thank you, Mr--

谢谢你,总...

Thank you, Garrett.

谢谢你,加勒特

Mr. Frost.

弗罗斯特先生

Morning.

We filed all our paperwork back in 2006.

我们2006年就提交了所有文件

We dotted all of our I's

事无巨细

and crossed all of our T's.

该做得都做了

There's over 317 applications.

我们有超过317份申请

Each one requires at least a year to review.

每一份申请最少需要一年去评估

You need more researchers.

你需要多雇些调查员

It's not just personnel.

不只是人事的问题

There's travel, filing, administration...

还要考虑出行,归档,行政工作

Name the figure.

你出个价吧

Twelve, thirteen million.

一千二,三百万

That requires an appropriation from Congress.

这需要国会的拨款

The vice president can make that happen.

副总统会搞定的

But first we need you to recognize the Ugaya tribe.

但首先你得认证尤干亚部落

Our policy is first come, first serve.

我们规定,要分先来后到

There are other applications which we--

还有别的申请我们

Daniel Lanagin disenrolled us.

丹尼尔·拉尼根把我们踢出部落了

We lost our right to BIA benefits.

我们失去了印第安人事务局的福利

Is this more about starting a casino?

你不单只是要开赌场吧

It's about correcting an injustice.

是为了讨回公道

I can't be getting involved in inner-tribal conflicts.

我不能牵扯到部落纠纷中

Yes, you can.

你可以

If you want that appropriation.

如果你想要那笔拨款

Two months.

两个月

Maybe less if all the ancestry holds up.

如果历史核查没问题

Lanagin knows.

拉尼根知道了

And what did he say?

他怎么说

He wants to meet.

他想见面

But on his turf this time.

但这次是去他的地盘

I need a way to get to Missouri

想个法子,让我能去密苏里

without attracting any attention.

又不引人注意

Womack's district's in Kansas City.

乌麦克的选区在堪萨斯城

It's not far from the casino.

离赌场不远

See if he has any events coming up.

看看他最近有什么活动

Rallies, fundraisers.

集会,慈善募捐之类的

How's it coming with co-sponsors for Claire's bill?

克莱尔法案的联署人找得怎么样了

Terrific. We're making great progress.

非常好,进展很大

One speech. It'll send a message to Congress that --

就一篇演讲,让国会明白

And a message to the Joint Chiefs that I'm trampling on--

也要让参谋长联席会议知道我要践踏他们...

Twenty-four thousand assaults last year,

去年有两万四千起性侵事件

only 3,000 reported because--

只有三千起上报

I know the figures.

我知道是什么情况

Do you know how many suicides result from the trauma--

你知道多少人因为创伤而自杀

It's not the question of statistics.

不是数据的问题

This bill will save lives.

这部法案能挽救生命

Can we discuss this later?

能晚点再说吗

I had to schedule this meeting, Garrett.

这次会面还是我预约的呢,加勒特

It's the middle of the day, Tricia.

现在大中午的,特莉莎

You know very well...

你十分清楚

Don't make me lobby you when I go home--

别逼我回家再游说你

I'm sorry to interrupt, Mr. President.

很抱歉打扰了,总统先生

The secretary general's here.

秘书长到了

I got two more minutes.

再给我两分钟

It's 12:30. He was scheduled for 12:15.

现在12点30了,他约的是12点15

I'll go.

我马上走

You were supposed to tell me to stay,

你应该挽留我

but it's nice to know I'm worth at least two minutes.

但很高兴我至少还值两分钟

Hi, Tricia.

你好,特莉莎

No, please, don't worry about it.

不,没事的

Oh, that's awful.

那真是太糟了

Yes, of course.

好,当然

Let me grab his number for you.

我去找找他的电话

Right.

His name is Dr. Thomas Larkin,

他叫托马斯·拉金博士

at 202-251-6258.

号码是2022516258

And if you'd like, I can give him a call beforehand

如果你想的话,我可以提前和他联系

and let him know you'll be reaching out.

让他知道你要去找他

Okay. Well you let me know if I can be of any help.

好的,有什么我能帮忙的尽管开口

Good night, Tricia.

晚安,特莉莎

What do you think?

你觉得怎么样

We'll see.

等着瞧吧

The idea is to take color theory

我的主旨是将色原说

and turn it on its head.

彻底颠覆

Break all the rules.

打破所有陈规

They're gorgeous.

真是精彩

Who'd you say your client is?

你说你的客户是谁来着

I didn't.

我还没说过

I was just wondering if maybe I knew them.

我只是想没准我认识他

You don't.

你不认识

Let's say he's a collector

暂且说他是个

always on the lookout for new talent.

四处发掘新人才的收藏家吧

I understand you work for Adam Galloway.

你为亚当·嘉乐威工作,对吗

Yeah...

没错

it's a way to pay the bills.

能挣些生活费

I mean, Adam's a good photographer

如果你喜欢那种风格

if you like that kind of thing.

亚当的确是个优秀的摄影师

I'm much more interested in form.

我则对形态更感兴趣

How much for all of them?

这些加起来多少钱

What?

什么

I'd like to buy them all.

我全买了

Missouri is the Show Me State for a reason.

密苏里州的"不轻信州"外号可不是白叫的

And we need to show the rest of America

我们正要向全国人民证明

that we can keep our leadership intact.

我们的领导层坚实可靠

It is a pleasure to look out

看见满屋宾朋

and see a room full of smiling faces.

人人喜笑颜开,我很高兴

That's not something you see every day in Washington, D.C.

这场面在华盛顿特区可不是天天都能见到

What did your editors say?

你的编辑怎么说

5,000 words.

五千字

This should be twice that.

起码应该翻倍啊

I can probably get them to eight,

我能争取到八千字

but I'm gonna need the first lady, too.

那样的话我还要采访第一夫人

Separate interviews.

单独采访

Let me talk to Mrs. Underwood.

那我和安德伍德先生商量一下

How come you're coming to me

为什么是你

with this instead of Connor?

而不是康纳来和我谈这事

Between you and me, he's out.

你别跟别人说,他辞职了

He got a job at SpaceX.

跳槽去太空探索技术公司了

His choice or was he pushed out?

他自愿的还是被人逼走的

People don't like working with me, Matt.

一般人不喜欢和我共事,马特

You may be the only one.

你大约是绝无仅有的一个

I don't like you either.

我也不喜欢和你打交道

I might if you give me the First Lady.

但如果能采访到第一夫人,我或许会喜欢你

They'll both be speaking to armed services tomorrow.

她们明天要跟三军委员会面谈

Along with Megan Hennessy.

还有梅根·汉纳希

She's the one the general--

她就是那个被将军...

That's right.

没错

I'll set up a one-on-one,

我给你安排单独专访

text you for your piece.

短信沟通你的报道

All right, let me know, man.

好,等你消息了,老兄

Anything for the Times, man.

乐意为《时代》效劳,伙计

Anything for the Times, huh?

为《时代》效劳,是吧

Then we get shut out of donor meetings.

却把我们挡在捐助者会议大门外

The magazine. And yes.

我说的是杂志,没错

Raymond Tusk.

雷蒙德·塔斯克

Your boss went to see him last October.

你老板去年十月和这人见过面

It's in his congressional travel report.

都记在国会的旅行报告里了

Before my time.

当时我还没来工作

You said they didn't communicate.

你说过他们俩从没见过

I said, "Not to my knowledge."

我的原话是"据我了解不认识"

We're in Missouri.

我们现在就在密苏里

He's not one of the donors.

他不是捐助者之一

I can quote you on that?

我能引述你的话吗

If you spell my name right.

别把我的名字拼错了

Now, normally, I don't quote Northern writers,

一般来讲,我不引述北方作家的话

but every now and then one of them says something

但有时候他们中也有人

that makes a lot of sense,

能说出挺有道理的话

and this Emerson fellow you probably heard of,

这位叫爱默生的老兄,你们没准听说过

once wrote that the only way

他曾经说,交友的唯一办法

to have a friend is to be one.

就是自己够朋友

I think you all know

我想各位非常清楚

what kind of a friend Terry has been to this district.

泰瑞对他的选区人民有多够朋友

So I am proud to introduce him today

所以今天,我骄傲地向各位介绍他

and to call him my friend.

并称他为我的朋友

Would you please welcome,

现在有请

the majority leader,

多数党领袖

Representative Terry Womack.

泰瑞·乌麦克众议员

Thank you, Mr. Vice President.

谢谢你,副总统先生

We all set?

都安排好了

I told the press

我告诉媒体

you were having some private meetings with contributors.

你将和几位捐助者私下会面

Any protests?

有人质疑吗

We're good except for Ayala Sayyad.

没有,除了艾拉·萨伊德

Thank you. What's going on?

谢谢,她怎么了

Potential blind spot.

可能是个盲点

Tell me on the way to the car.

往车那边走,边走边说

Mr. Vice President.

副总统先生

Thank you.

谢谢

Calm down. Now.

不许乱叫

Welcome.

欢迎

What a pleasant surprise, Raymond.

真是愉快的巧遇啊,雷蒙德

Mr. Vice President.

副总统先生

I was expecting to see you privately today, Daniel.

我以为今天要和你单独见面呢,丹尼尔

It's a serious matter.

事关重大

I invite all the chiefs to the circle.

所以我把"酋长"都请来了

Nice pool.

泳池不错

I've never swum in it.

我没在里面游过

The chlorine hurts my eyes.

氯水弄得我眼睛疼

You're welcome to take a dip in it if you'd like.

想游的话,欢迎试水

Another time.

下次吧

Well, Raymond tells me you're a ribs man.

雷蒙德跟我说你喜欢吃肋排

Well, I've got three of the choicest pieces of meat

我这儿有三份顶级的肉

you'll ever see in your life coming out.

这辈子难得一尝

You do not want to pass on this.

你绝对不会想错过

I won't be here long.

我不会待很久

So, the Ugaya band.

言归正传,尤干亚群体

Tip of the iceberg.

冰山一角

They're not a real tribe.

他们不是正式的部落

They're about to be.

他们就要成为正式的了

No, they're a bunch of troublemakers

不,他们是一群制造麻烦的家伙

with too much hope on their hands.

总是报太大希望

Once they get recognized,

等他们得到认证

they're gonna have their own casino.

就能建立自己的赌场

In two years... at best?

最快也要两年吧

You better enjoy this pool while you can.

趁着还有泳池好好享受吧

I don't think your casino

我觉得你的赌场

can stand that sort of competition.

承受不住那么激烈的竞争

Who do you think Whitehall called

你以为怀特豪尔一离开印第安人事务局

as soon as he left the BIA?

最先给谁打了电话

You offer them a casino two years from now,

你承诺两年后给他们赌场

we offered what they really want.

而我们能给他真正想要的

Reenrollment in my tribe.

回归我的部落

A tip of your iceberg is melting, Frank.

你的冰山一角正在融化,弗兰克

And you do not have time on your side,

而且你时间也不多了

so how about this...?

这样如何

You help me repair my relationship with Garrett,

你帮我和加勒特重归于好

Dan and I here get the money

丹和我就让资金

flowing back in the right direction.

流向正确的方向

How about this...?

这样如何

I get the BIA to investigate both of you.

我让印第安人事务局调查你们两个

Connection to Feng, laundering--

和冯的关系,洗钱

You could, but you won't.

你可以,但你不会

You don't dare.

你不敢

My money has been going to the Democrats for nine years.

我已经资助民主党九年了

You were the whip for all of them.

你曾是他们的党鞭

You implicate us,

你指戳我们

you implicate yourself.

自己也自身难保

And everyone in the leadership.

还会殃及领导层的每个人

Here comes the steak.

牛排来了

Now you are going to enjoy this, Frank.

你会喜欢这个的,弗兰克

There you go.

给你

Thank you.

谢谢

Now dig in, Frank.

尝尝吧,弗兰克

Before the flies get to it.

别喂苍蝇了

I'll pass, thanks.

我不用了,谢谢

Are you sure?

你确定

This is soy-fed Matsusaka beef.

这可是酱烧松阪牛肉

You know, my ancestors would've prayed to this heifer

要知道,我的祖先会对这头牛祷告

to honor her spirit.

祭奠它的灵魂

But at 200 bucks a pound,

但是两百块一磅

I figure... fuck tradition.

我想,传统还是滚边吧

Come on, live a little, Frank.

来吧,及时行乐,弗兰克

Mr. Vice President.

要叫副总统先生

Not my Vice President.

不是我的副总统

You're on sovereign land.

你现在是在自治区的领土上

Dogs are so predictable, aren't they?

狗可真好猜,不是吗

Set up a meeting with Walker.

替我安排与沃克会面

Tonight, if possible.

如果可以就今晚

I should be back by six.

我六点能到

Lanagin didn't budge?

拉尼根没让步吗

He reenrolled the Ugaya.

他让尤干亚回归了

We have to get the bridge approved now.

得马上把桥的事敲定

I'll call Linda.

我去联系琳达

Bypass her, I don't want her in the meeting.

绕开她,我不想让她参与会面

I'm on it.

这就去办

Thanks.

谢谢

Meechum, get in touch with the plane

密查姆,和飞机联系

have them make ribs for the flight back.

回程航班要做肋排

Yes sir.

好的,先生

Mr. Vice President,

副总统先生

do you have a moment?

有空吗

I'm sorry, the President asked to see me.

对不起,总统要见我

No, he didn't,

不,他没有

you requested the meeting

是你要求会面

and I took it off the schedule.

然后我取消了

You did what?

你干了什么

Let's go in your office.

去你办公室聊

You lied, Frank.

你撒谎了,弗兰克

You said you would let the bridge go

你说桥的事你不管了

and then you went behind my back,

然后就背着我捣鬼

just like you're trying to do now.

你这会儿就想这么做

I do not require your permission.

我不需要征求你的同意

No, but you should involve me.

不,但你应该叫上我

The President and the Vice President

总统和副总统之间

have issues they must discuss privately.

有问题需要私下讨论

When you are secretive,

你对我保密

it prevents me from being able to do my job.

我就做不好我的工作

And when you cancel meetings,

你这样把会面取消

it prevents me from being able to do mine.

也让我做不好我的工作

Which is why I wanted to talk,

所以我才想聊聊

so we can work things out.

这样才能解决问题

I will not waste my time We should be working together.

我不想浪费时间, 我们应该合作

inflating your sense of self-importance!

膨胀你的自尊心

Excuse me?

你说什么

How many elections have you won?!

你赢过多少次选举

How many congressional committees have you chaired?!

当过多少个国会委员会的主席

Would you even be working in the White House

如果不是我在竞选时推荐了你

if I hadn't recommended you during the campaign?

你现在会在白宫工作吗

I returned that favor and then some.

我不是一直在还你人情吗

Look where your desk is now!

看看你的办公桌在哪

And I'd say we're even.

那我们就互不相欠了

And if you want to maintain my respect,

你要还想让我尊重你

you're going about it all wrong.

你的做法大错特错

I asked you in here to work out a situation--

我是想跟你解决问题

You didn't ask, you demanded!

你这是强行要求

I will not be left out of the loop,

我不允许自己被排除在外

I'm the president's chief of staff.

我是总统的幕僚长

You call this being chief of staff?

你就这么当幕僚长吗

Micromanaging his datebook?

篡改他的日程安排

I'd say that's more of a glorified scheduler.

不如说是高级排程员

The White House would fall off its rails

要是没有我尽职尽责

without me doing my job.

白宫会无法正常运作

Are you certain about that? Yes, I am.

你确定吗, 我确定

I look out for the president 24/7.

我时刻为总统着想

I keep him informed.

我让他知晓一切

I keep his priorities straight.

帮他理清主次顺序

We did just fine before you became vice president, Frank.

你当副总统前一切都好好的,弗兰克

All right, let's go over to the Oval Office right now

好,我们现在就去总统办公室

and ask the president to choose:

让总统做个选择

his chief of staff or his vice president.

是幕僚长还是副总统

I know what the answer would be.

我知道他会选谁

You wanna go?

你要一起去吗

I didn't think so.

我猜你也不敢

Now I will see the president tomorrow morning,

我明早要见到总统

schedule or no.

不管有没有安排

And please, turn out the lights before you leave.

请离开前请把灯关上

I thought you went home.

我以为你回家了

No, not yet.

还没有

Um, do you have a moment?

你有空吗

Is there something wrong?

有什么问题吗

I know you are reconsidering the bridge project and I want-

我知道你在重新考虑建桥的事,我想

I'm reviewing it.

我正在审查

I'll make my decision soon.

我很快会决定的

But you already made a decision, sir.

你已经做出决定了,先生

I'm concerned that you are overthinking this one.

我担心这事你是想多了

If we backtrack... Did I not make myself clear?

如果我们出尔反尔, 我没说明白吗

I'm just trying to offer my advice, sir.

我只是想表达我的看法,先生

Which I've heard.

我已经了解了

And which I don't need to hear again

我也不用再听第二遍了

but... thank you.

不过,谢谢

I know the vice president spoke to you yesterday

我知道副总统昨天和你谈过

and in fairness...

平心而论

You know I value your input, linda,

你知道我重视你的想法,琳达

but when I say I've heard it,

我说我已经了解了

you need to know I mean that.

我就是真的了解了

Of course, sir.

我明白,先生

Is there anything else?

还有别的事吗

No, sir.

没了,先生

Good night. Good night.

晚安, 晚安

You disappointed me.

你让我失望了

I told you it would take time.

我说了我需要时间

Any leads?

有线索吗

I've been going over his state senate days.

我在查他当州参议员时的事

It's a slow process.

这没法快

I have to be thorough.

我得彻底排查

So how is it that i've found more in two days

那为什么我两天找到的

than you have in two months?

比你两个月查到的还多

What do you mean?

什么意思

I've had to do your job for you.

我还得替你完成差事

You found something?

你有发现吗

I'm the one who's supposed to ask that question.

应该是我来问你这个问题

What'd you find?

你发现了什么

Maybe I can help.

我说不定能帮忙

Are you working for Frank?

你在给弗兰克干活儿吗

Yeah, as his communications director.

是啊,我是他的媒体主管

No, are you working for him?

我是问你在帮他收集情报吗

Come on.

拜托

He couldn't pay me a fraction of what you're offering.

你给的钱比他能给的要多得多

Don't lie to me.

别骗我了

Look, if you've lost confidence in my ability--

要是你对我的能力没信心了

Stop fucking around.

别他妈再唬我了

You made the wrong choice, Seth.

你的选择是错的,赛斯

I don't think so.

我不觉得

You're nothing.

你什么也不是

You're a parasite.

就是只寄生虫

So are you Danton.

你一样,丹顿

Just in a nicer suit.

只不过更人模狗样一点

Do you know what it might be?

你知道可能是什么吗

Well, keep your ear to the ground.

注意打听

That was Seth.

是赛斯

He thinks Remy may have something on us.

他觉得雷米可能拿住了我们的把柄

What?

是什么

He doesn't know.

他不知道

Do you think it could be-- No.

你觉得可不可能是... 不

If it's anything I'm sure it's innocuous.

就算有,也肯定是无关痛痒的小事

Nothing we can't weather.

我们撑得住

But my bet is they're bluffing.

但我猜,他们是在虚张声势

Just to make us paranoid.

只不过想吓唬我们

But he's a dangerous man, isn't he? Raymond?

但他是个危险的人,不是吗,我是说雷蒙德

We can be dangerous too.

我们也可以很危险

When we need to be.

如果情势需要

Lord, I just can't

主啊,情不自禁*

keep from crying sometimes.

偶尔洒泪

Lord, I just can't

主啊,情不自禁

keep from crying sometimes.

偶尔洒泪

When the world's filled with sorrow

世界充满哀伤

and my eyes are filled with tears.

而我饱含热泪

Lord, I just can't

主啊,情不自禁

keep from crying sometimes.

偶尔洒泪

Don't stop.

别停

I used to be a call girl.

我曾经当过应召女郎

I had to get away from it.

我要逃离那种生活

And that's why I came here.

所以才来这里

There's a lot of stuff you don't know about me.

关于我,你还有很多不知道

You don't have to say anything you don't want to.

如果你不想说,就什么都不用说

When you tapped on my shoulder on the bus,

你在公交车上拍我肩膀的时候

there was something...

有一种感觉...

Your eyes.

你的眼睛

That sounds really, really dumb. No.

这么说真是太蠢了, 不

Um, I don't know.

我也不知道怎么说

I felt like I wanted to tell you everything.

我就是想把一切都告诉你

Like, that I could trust you,

觉得我能信任你

even though I didn't know you. You can.

尽管与你素昧平生, 你可以信任我的

I never trusted anyone.

我从没信任过任何人

Have you ever loved anyone?

你爱过别人吗

No.

没有

I've never expected much from the world.

我对这个世界没什么期望

It's ugly.

总觉得它很丑恶

It's not a fair place.

不是个公平的地方

I'm happy to have what I have.

我对我现在拥有的很知足

I'm glad I have this.

我很高兴我拥有现在

I've thought it all out.

我都想清楚了

And there's a way to do it

有一种方式

so we don't risk any exposure.

没有曝光的风险

Do we have to talk about this now?

非要现在聊吗

I'm beat.

我累了

My brain is f...

我的脑袋一团浆糊

Yes, we do.

对,现在聊

Because it's our marriage.

因为这是我们的婚姻

If we're going to survive the next two years...

如果想要捱过接下来两年

or six.

或六年

We need to do something.

就得做点什么

We should be each others' support system.

我们应该互相支持

Not cause each other stress.

而不是互相施压

The foundation of this White House is not brick and mortar.

白宫的基础不是砖瓦

It's us, Garrett.

而是我们啊,加勒特

This is important to me.

这对我很重要

And I want it to be important to you.

我希望你也能重视

I have to trust that whatever you're managing,

我得相信不管你在想什么办法

to whatever extent you choose not to inform me,

不管你对我隐瞒了多少

that I'm neither at risk,

既不会让我有危险

nor passively condoning something blatantly illegal.

也不会让我被动地纵容明显的违法行为

Any risk solely falls on me,

所有风险都是我一人承担

and you can't be accused of condoning what you're not aware of.

你不知情,也不能被指责纵容

Being not aware is just as egregious.

不知情也一样糟糕

Not in this case.

在这件事上不是

I'm steering the ship away from the rocks,

我正在想办法避开麻烦

not toward them.

而不是迎头撞上

Then I'll call the committee for foreign investments.

那我就给外资投资管理委员会打电话了

You're making the right decision, sir.

你的选择很明智,先生

I have another difficult decision to make.

我还有个艰难的决定要做

Linda submitted her resignation.

琳达提交了她的辞职信

I was furious with her.

我很生她的气

That was a very manipulative move.

这招让我很被动

I can speculate as to why she made it.

我能猜到她为什么这么做

Are her complaints valid?

她的不满有道理吗

I have a very biased view on that subject.

我对这个问题的看法很主观

Well, I've heard hers.

我已经听过她的想法了

Give me yours.

说说你的吧

Linda and I don't always agree.

琳达和我时不时会有争执

But she's been very loyal to you,

但她对您忠心耿耿

and a more than competent Chief of Staff.

是一名非常得力的幕僚长

So you think I should keep her?

你觉得我该挽留她吗

Do I think she oversteps sometimes?

我觉得她有时会管太宽吗

Yes.

没错

Does she wrongly equate her advice with mine?

她错以为自己的意见和我的一样重要吗

Often.

常有的事

But... the question that occurs to me is not about Linda.

但是,我想到问题不在于琳达

Let's say you refuse her resignation,

就算你回绝了她的辞呈

if this gets out, and it could,

消息很有可能传出去

won't you be sending a signal to anybody who works for you that...

这样所有为你的工作的人,不是都会觉得

...you can be leveraged.

他们可以跟你谈判

She offered her resignation.

她已经递了辞呈

She's already gone even if she stays.

即便留下来心也不在这儿了

Megan. They're ready.

梅根,他们准备好了

I don't know, my hands are shaking.

我不知道,我手一直在抖

You can do this, Megan.

你没问题的,梅根

I'll be there.

我也会在场

I get panic attacks sometimes.

我有时会恐慌发作

You're afraid you'll get one? Yeah.

你怕待会儿会发作吗, 对

OK, why don't we ask for a couple more minutes,

好吧,那我们再多等几分钟吧

that's not a problem. It's not about that,

不成问题, 不是时间的问题

they just come.

恐慌说来就来

I can't control them.

我无法控制

I don't want to do this.

我不想做了

OK, Megan, there's some of the most senior congressmen

梅根,屋里面有很多

and women in the room,

资深国会议员

and the press, they've shown up just to hear from you.

还有媒体,他们专程为你而来

I know.

我知道

OK, I don't want to pressure you,

好,我不想给你施压

but a lot of planning has gone into this.

但是我们为了这个策划了很久

Please don't make me do this.

请别逼我做这个

We're not making you do anything.

我们不想逼你做什么

Then can I just go back home?

那我可以回家吗

Back to Chicago? Listen, you have nerves,

回芝加哥, 听着,你紧张

that's understandable.

这可以理解

I don't wanna fucking do it, OK?

我他妈不想做了,好吗

I understand, it's OK.

我理解你,没关系

But if you back out now, Megan...

但你要是现在退缩,梅根

This isn't about me at all, is it?

这根本不是为我,对吧

...this is not good for us. It hurts us,

对我们会很不好,有损我们的形象

it makes us look unorganized.

让人觉得我们很松散

This is about your fucking moment to shine.

这他妈是你亮相的机会

You don't fucking care if do...

你根本不在乎我怎么样

I do care. I do care.

我在乎,真心在乎

It is about me and about you!

这是为了我,也是为了你

And for whatever reason,

不管是为什么

we both decided to share what happened to us.

我们都说出了我们的经历

And it mattered and people listened

人们在乎,人们愿意倾听

so let's go in and finish what we started.

所以我们进去善始善终吧

I can't, I'm not the right person.

我做不到,我不合适

Come on, Megan.

来吧,梅根

You know what I did last night?

你知道我昨晚做了什么吗

I picked up some guy at a bar.

我在酒吧里找了个男的

A total stranger.

我完全不认识他

I let him fuck my brains out at the hotel.

我让他在酒店里疯狂地干我

Night before, same thing.

前天晚上也是如此

I can't stop.

我停不下来

It's my only way to fucking...

只有这样我他妈才能...

Jesus, I fucking hate this

老天,真讨厌这样

when my hands shake like this and I...

我的手一抖我就...

It's OK.

没事的

It's OK.

没事的

I'm not who you want to be your poster girl.

我不是你想要的代言人

You don't have to be.

你不想的话就算了

You don't have to be.

不想就算了吧

I'm sorry I'm letting you down.

很抱歉我让你失望了

It's OK, you're not letting me down.

没事的,你没让我失望

It's OK. It's OK.

没事了,没事的

When will it become official?

什么时候发表正式声明

President will make his call this afternoon.

总统今天下午就打电话

Official approval will be announced in the morning.

正式批准将在明天上午宣布

No revisions to the agreement?

协议内容没有改动吧

None. Everything is as spelled out in the proposal.

没有,一切都写在提案里了

Then I will uphold my end of the bargain.

那我会履行我的承诺

The money will be cut off.

切断资金流

You required proof. Now we want some.

你说要证据,现在我们也要

What sort?

什么证据

Of your commitment.

你的诚意

You kill your co-venture with Tusk.

你终止和塔斯克的合作关系

That was never part of the deal.

我们当初可没说到这个

It is now.

现在说了

The refinery can't proceed while we're in a trade war.

贸易战持续的话,精炼厂也运作不下去

We want you to kill it for good.

我们要你今后再不跟他合作

And we want you to kill it today.

并且今天就办

Make the call to Tusk.

给塔斯克打电话吧

It's business hours. Is this a business call?

现在是上班时间,要说公事吗

No...

不是

I was hoping it wasn't.

我也希望不是公事

What are you doing tonight?

你今晚有什么安排吗

Just about to get on a plane.

我马上要上飞机了

Where to?

到哪里去

Boundaries, remember?

不是说了分清界限吗

Work related.

公事才有界限

I don't take vacation.

我不是去度假

Can you tell me when you'll be back?

你什么时候回来呢

Tomorrow. It's a quick trip.

明天,很快就回来

Do you want to have dinner?

想和我共进晚餐吗

I'd like that.

好啊

Bring your carry-on.

带上你的行李吧

You can stay over after.

吃完饭顺便过夜

Yes.

进来

Do you have a moment?

你有空吗

Absolutely.

当然有

The president accepted my resignation an hour ago.

总统一个小时前同意了我的辞呈

Yes, I know.

我知道

I almost told him that I changed my mind,

我差点说我改变心意了

but I realized it wouldn't make any difference.

但我意识到没有挽回余地了

For whatever it's worth,

不管怎样

I did bring up your loyalty

我提到了你的忠诚

and how good you are at your job.

以及你出色的工作

Not that he needed me to remind him.

虽然他并不需要我的提醒

And I will always be grateful you recommended me.

你举荐了我,我会一直心怀感激

It has been quite a ride.

这段路很精彩

Shorter than I would've hoped,

虽然比我想的短了一点

but I have a long career ahead.

但还有大好前途等着我呢

No doubt.

当然了

And just so you know,

我想告诉你

I don't plan on making any fuss in the press.

我不想造成任何舆论风波

You'll hear nothing but my praises if I'm asked.

如果有人问,我一定都是溢美之辞

I have something for you.

我有样东西要给你

A few weeks ago,

几星期前

the president told me about a dinner he had at your house.

总统跟我说起在你家的那顿晚饭

He went on and on about your Civil War models.

他不停地说你的内战模型

How much fun he had painting the toy soldiers with you.

还说跟你一起给玩具士兵上色可开心了

This was given to me by the director of the Smithsonian.

这是史密森尼的主管给我的

It's the first Medal of Honor awarded to a Hispanic-American.

是第一枚授予美籍西班牙人的荣誉勋章

Corporal Joseph De Castro.

是授予约瑟夫·德·卡斯特罗下士的

He fought for the Union.

他为联邦作战

Linda, I don't know what to say.

琳达,我不知道该说什么好

It's clear the president sees you as a friend.

很显然总统把你当朋友看

I've never been that to him.

但没把我当过朋友

But his job is bigger than friendship.

但是他的工作超过友谊

It's bigger than you and me.

比我们俩都要重要

I just hope you'll look out for him

我希望你能好好辅佐他

the way I've tried to do.

弥补我的遗憾

I will.

我会的

And I'll treasure this.

我也会好好珍惜这枚勋章

Goodbye, Mr. Vice President.

再见,副总统先生

I've never thought higher of her than I do at this moment.

我从未像此刻这样尊敬她

She lost, but she played to win.

她输了,但她拼尽全力了

Underwood got to Feng.

安德伍德买通冯了

The refinery's dead.

精炼厂没戏了

Grayson played us.

格雷森耍了我们

We're running outta options.

我们别无选择

What do you think, Jean?

你怎么想,珍

Fuck him.

去他的

Do it.

动手

Thank you.

谢谢

Thank you for doing this, Sandra.

谢谢你的帮助,桑德拉

Richard.

理查德

How are you, Richard?

你好吗,理查德

He has his good days and his bad.

他的情况时好时坏

This is a good day.

今天还不错

He'd love to spend a few minutes with you after your meeting.

他希望在你结束后能和你聊聊

Of course.

当然可以

The reverend's in here.

牧师在里面

Mrs. Walker.

沃克夫人

Hello.

你好

Mr. President.

总统先生

Reverend.

牧师

How can I help?

有什么可以效劳

You need to get a fan in here, Francis.

你得在这屋里装个电扇,弗兰西斯

Well, the AC is all the way up to full blast.

空调已经在全速运转了

I mean from the fumes, the glue.

我是说胶水的味道

Oh, that's half the fun.

这也是乐趣的一部分嘛

Megan Hennessy bailed on us today.

梅根·汉纳希今天临阵退缩了

Why?

为什么

Her nerves got to her.

她太紧张了

And she decided she didn't want to be in the public eye.

她决定不在公众面前露面

Well, we can sympathize with that.

那倒也可以理解

That was Doug.

道格的电话

Yes.

怎么了

Seth.

赛斯

I'll call you back.

待会儿打给你

When?

什么时候的事,

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/zpwdyj/dej/507065.html