纸牌屋第二季 第13集:克莱尔很失望(在线收听

We have a president who not only took mindaltering medication

我们的总统不仅服用精神药物

a man who has his finger on the button

当美国舰队与中国对峙时

while U.S. Ships are squaring off with China

他可以随时批准实施打击

but then instructed his White House counsel to coach a

还授意他的白宫顾问去干预...

Allegedly, sir. Not proven.

据称,先生,没有被证实

To coach a witness. Which is behavior either resulting

去干预证人,他的做法

from the use of those drugs, or worse,

要么是受药物影响,要么更糟

a deliberate attempt to obstruct the law.

是有意想践踏法律

Now wouldn't you call either scenario impeachable?

你不觉得两种情况都该被弹劾吗

That's for the United States Congress to decide, sir. Not me.

那该由国会决定,先生,而不是我

Were you aware that the president was taking any form of medication?

你知道总统在服用任何药物吗

No, I was not.

不,我不知道

Did you notice him acting in a bizarre fashion?

你注意到他举止古怪吗

Unstable, incoherent? No, sir.

情绪不稳,语无伦次,没有,先生

Any odd behavior? No, sir.

有任何奇怪的行为吗,没有,先生

Not even firing his chief of staff in the midst of a trade war?

在贸易战之际解雇幕僚长不算吗

He didn't fire me. I resigned.

他没有解雇我,是我主动辞职的

Would you tell us why?

你能告诉我们为什么吗

I resigned because I felt I could no longer

我辞职是因为我觉得自己无法

serve the president to the best of my ability.

再以最好的状态为总统服务

And what changed? How did you come to that conclusion?

发生了什么变化,是什么让你得出那样的结论

I had some fundamental differences of opinion

我与白宫中的某些人

with certain people in the White House.

基本理念不合

Like who? The president?

比如谁,总统吗

No, sir.

不,先生

Well, what certain people then?

那某些人是指谁

One person, actually.

实际上只有一个人

The vice president, Frank Underwood.

副总统,弗兰克·安德伍德

He wanted you gone?

他想让你离开吗

I can't speak as to what the vice president did or didn't want.

我不敢说副总统想怎么样,不想怎么样

Was he trying to hide anything?

他想要隐藏什么吗

Was he afraid you might expose something?

他是不是怕你曝光什么

You'd have to ask him, sir.

那你得去问他,先生

What's happening in the Judiciary Committee is a farce.

司法委员会正在上演的是一出闹剧

The Republicans are exploiting the situ

共和党正在利用这种...

Excuse me, Mr. Vice President,

插一句,副总统先生

but it's not just Republicans.

不仅仅是共和党

A number of Democrats have come out saying

不少民主党人也站出来说

they would support impeachment.

他们支持弹劾

Including the Majority Whip, Jackie Sharp.

包括多数党党鞭,杰姬·夏普

Which is egregious,

这令人发指

since the committee hasn't stopped hearing testimony,

因为委员会还在进行听证

and nor has the special prosecutor completed her investigation.

特别检查官也没有完成调查

You vigorously defend the president,

你极力维护总统

but there are reports that you've had a falling out.

但有报道称你们已经闹僵

That you haven't spoken in weeks.

你们好几个星期没说过话了

That is simply not true.

一派胡言

I've spoken to senior staff at the White House

我与白宫的高级官员通过话

who say the president is worried you want to run against him in 2016.

他说总统担心你会在2016年大选中与他竞争

And just today Linda Vasquez intimated that you

而就在今天,琳达·瓦斯奎兹暗指你...

Look, I fully expect that the president will run in 2016,

我相信总统一定会在2016年竞选连任

and I hope he's generous enough to invite me

而且我希望他能够慷慨地邀请我

to be his running mate.

作他的竞选伙伴

Impeachment, conviction. Let's say it happens.

弹劾,定罪,如果是这个结果呢

It won't. He's completely innocent.

不会的,他完全是无辜的

Let's say it does happen. You become president.

我们假设一下,你成了总统

That is not a scenario I'm going to entertain.

我不会去想象那个情形

But the thought must have crossed your mind.

但你脑中肯定有过这个想法

And one could make the argument that the president

而且可以说,如果不是因为你

wouldn't be in this predicament if it weren't for you.

总统也不会陷入这样的窘境

It's your staff's involvement with Feng and Lanagin

是你的幕僚长与冯和拉尼根的牵连

that expanded Dunbar's investigation,

才引发了邓巴的调查

Look, these impeachment hearings

这些弹劾听证

are the result of political maneuvering,

是政治操纵的结果

not the fact that Your maneuverings, or the Republicans?

而不是,是你在操纵还是共和党

Morley, I've always liked you.

莫里,我一直很喜欢你

You ask the tough questions.

你的问题很尖锐

And you can certainly question my judgment.

你当然可以质疑我的判断

But do not question my patriotism.

但不要质疑我的爱国心

I serve this nation and my president, not myself.

我为国家和总统服务,而不是我自己

He's lying through his teeth.

他满口谎言

What we're doing is working.

我们所做的已经见效了

We keep the whisper campaign alive.

让大家一直私下谈论

We spin him as powerhungry, as duplicitous.

我们让他显得渴望权利,显得奸诈

Focus attention on him. Not you.

将焦点集中在他身上,而不是你

What's the latest? 20%?

最新支持率是多少, 20%吗

Zogby has you at 24. Your speech made a difference.

佐格比的数据是24% 你的讲话起了作用

The approval numbers are moving in the right direction.

支持率正在上升

We need to do more than play the spin game.

我们不能再这么小打小闹了

We need to destroy Frank. Offer his head instead of mine.

我们要打垮弗兰克,让他而不是我去当牺牲品

We use Raymond Tusk. How?

我们利用雷蒙德·塔斯克,怎么利用

At his hearing. When he goes to the Judiciary.

在他的听证会上,在他去司法委员会时

Sir, you're already being accused of coaching one witness.

先生,你已经被指控干预一个证人了

If you take steps to coach anoth

如果你再干预另一

Not coaching. The truth.

不是干预,是让他说出事实

Raymond admits to the money laundering,

雷蒙德承认洗钱

puts Frank at the center of this, and says I knew nothing.

把弗兰克推到风口浪尖,说我什么都不知道

And then we'll reward him for his honesty.

之后我们会回报他的诚实

You mean a pardon.

你是说特赦吗

I want you to talk to him.

我想让你跟他去谈

And put myself at risk?

让我自己陷于危险之中吗

Well, you're not part of this administration anymore.

你现在不在政府供职了

There's no law that says you can't pay Raymond Tusk a visit.

没有法律规定你不能去拜访雷蒙德·塔斯克

And in return, resignations don't have to last forever, Linda.

作为回报,辞职也不非得永久有效,琳达

If I do this, you have to be a million miles away.

如果我这么做,你得和我保持距离,越远越好

Tricia and I'll go to Camp David.

特莉莎和我会去戴维营

It's not a million miles away, but it'll do the job.

不算特别远,但够了

I can go after Linda. Dig into her past

我可以对琳达下手,调查她的过去

Neutralizing her won't neutralize the bigger problem.

搞定她解决不了大问题

It's the president that's after blood.

是总统想要我的命

Then what's his move?

那他打算怎么做

He can't ask me to resign. He'd have to force me out.

他不能要求我辞职,只能把我挤走

And to do that, if I were him,

要挤走我的话,如果我是他

I would return to the hand that first fed me.

肯定会回去找最初成就我的人

Raymond Tusk? Exactly.

雷蒙德·塔斯克吗,没错

No, he'd have to implicate himself to implicate you.

不会,他要是把你卷进去,他自己也难保

Not if he gets a pardon.

除非他能得到赦免

It's the one thing that only a president can offer.

这是唯一只有总统才能开出的条件

Tusk is a hand grenade. If he pardons him

塔斯克是个手榴弹,如果他赦免了他...

You're right. Tusk is a hand grenade,

没错,塔斯克是个手榴弹

and we need to pull the pin and throw him at Walker

我们得拽下保险栓,朝沃克扔过去

before Walker pulls the pin and throws him at us.

否则就是沃克拽下保险栓,扔向我们了

I want to meet with Raymond, one on one.

我得和雷蒙德见面,一对一

Let me speak on your behalf.

我代表你去谈吧

That way if anyone finds I know Raymond.

这样的话,如果有人发现,我了解雷蒙德

He won't respond to anyone but me.

他只会对我做出回应

When's his hearing scheduled?

他的听证会安排在什么时候

Uh, day after tomorrow. Two p.m.

后天下午两点

That gives us 40 hours to make it happen. Yes, sir.

那我们还有40个小时行动,是,先生

I think it's mine.

可能是我的手机

Seth, it's four in the morning.

赛斯,现在可是凌晨四点

When?

什么时候

I want you to go with her.

我希望你跟她一起去

I'll get it cleared with Rockland right now. Thank you.

我这就去征求洛克兰的批准,谢谢

Meechum says the plane will be ready in 30 minutes.

密查姆说飞机30分钟内就能准备好

Okay, good.

行,很好

You think it was just a panic attack

你觉得只是恐慌症发作

or was she really trying I don't know.

还是她真打算... 我不知道

It was bad enough they felt they had to keep her overnight.

他们要她留院观察一整夜就够糟了

I'm gonna call the White House physician's office,

我给白宫医生办公室打个电话

see if they can recommend anyone. Okay.

看看他们能不能推荐什么人,好

Oh, wait. My phone. It's in your hand.

等等,我的手机,在你手里

I'll be back sometime tonight.

我今晚回来

Impeachment is our only chance.

弹劾是我们唯一的机会

Here are the seats that are still in contention in the midterms.

这些席位在中期选举中仍处于争夺状态

These 13 we're gonna lose no matter what we do.

这13个我们再怎么努力也会失去

But even if we win all the rest,

但即便我们拿下剩下所有席位

that only leaves us with a fiveseat majority.

我们也只有五个席位的优势

We either save the party or we save the president.

要么保党,要么保总统

Anyone who votes against impeachment

任何人反对弹劾的人

is gonna get pommeled by attack ads between now and election day.

在选举前都会受到攻击性广告的攻击

How many do you have already?

你已经有多少席位了

We need 18. I have six.

我们需要18席,我只有六席

So, 12 more to go.

那还要争取12席

Look, Donald, I know this is a big ask

唐纳德,我知道这是个很大的人情

and you prefer to focus on policy and not

你更想把注意力放在政策上,不...

Jackie, you can stop. I'm on board.

杰姬,不用说了,我加入

Really? 100%.

真的吗, 百分百

I have to say I'm a little surprised.

不得不说,我有点惊讶

When you rolled those dollies into the cloakroom you said,

你把那些手推车推进休息室的时候,你说

"Work with me. I'm not Frank Underwood."

"跟我合作,我不是弗兰克·安德伍德"

And then you helped get my stimulus package through,

然后你帮我通过了经济刺激方案

just like you promised.

你信守了诺言

And what do you expect this time?

这次你有什么期望呢

That you never become Frank Underwood.

我希望你永远不会成为弗兰克·安德伍德

You must realize if we're successful, he will replace Walker.

你要知道,如果我们成功了,他会取代沃克

I don't like Frank. but I hate being in the minority even more.

我不喜欢弗兰克,但我更讨厌成为少数党

We can't let the Republicans control both houses of Congress.

我们不能让共和党同时执掌国会两院

You've changed since I joined the leadership.

我加入领导层以来,你变了

Just getting better at playing the game.

只是更懂得如何玩这场游戏了

I guess you can teach an old liberal new tricks.

看来顽固不化这词不太对

I guess so.

看来是的

So, tell me who you still need.

告诉我你还需要谁

My lawyers are saying 50/50 that I survive a trial.

我的律师说我赢得庭审的概率是一半一半

Now, I'm not a big fan of those odds,

我不太满意这个数字

but I'm willing to take 'em.

但我愿意接受

If your lawyers are putting it at a coin toss,

如果你的律师说这事就看运气

then you're paying them too much to be overly optimistic.

那你是花钱雇了一群太过乐观的人

And how can I trust Garrett?

我怎么能信任加勒特

He turned his back on 20 years of friendship.

他背叛了20年的友谊

He could accuse you of the same.

他也可以这么说你

Well, nobody on this planet

这地球上没有人

wants to see Frank Underwood go to jail more than I do.

比我更想看弗兰克·安德伍德进监狱了

I just don't want to be sharing a cell with him.

我只是不想到时跟他关在一起

That won't happen.

这种事不会发生的

All you've given me to go on is Garrett's word.

你只给了我加勒特的口头承诺

He's asking you to tell the truth.

他想让你说出实情

Good things happen to those who do the right thing.

做正确的事的人必有好报

And you just expect Frank to lie down,

你们就指望弗兰克会跪地求饶

throw in the towel, hmm?

举旗认输吗

We don't even give him the chance.

连求饶的机会也不会给他

Your testimony knocks him out cold.

你的证词会让他全无反击之力

Excuse me.

请稍等

Yes? Oh, thank you.

什么事,啊,多谢你

Hold on.

请等一下

There you go.

给你

Care package from my wife.

我妻子送的小礼物

Now, you were saying.

那么,请继续

I just want to warn you, she's not herself right now.

我得提醒你一下,她现在状态很不稳定

They had to put her on some heavy doses.

他们不得不给她服用了大剂量的药物

Of what?

什么药

Lithium, mostly.

主要是碳酸锂(抗躁狂药)

It was either that or commit her for 30 days.

不然就得留院观察30天了

Now she just took some, so she might be a little...

她现在刚吃了药,可能有点

Megan?

梅根

Stop.

别碰我

Your mom told me they found you in the lake.

你母亲告诉我他们从湖里救起了你

What do you care?

你有什么好关心的

I care very much.

我当然很关心你

No, you don't.

才怪

You don't use somebody you care about.

没人会利用关心的人

Whore.

娼妓

Slut.

荡妇

Bitch.

婊子

Traitor.

叛徒

That's what they call me.

他们就是这么说我的

In my mail. Online.

发邮件,在网上

I wish I'd never called.

真希望我没打那通电话

I wish I'd never met you.

真希望我没见过你

I feel so stupid believing what you told me.

你说什么我信什么,真是蠢透了

Thinking that you did care.

我还以为你真心关心我

I was getting better.

我本来都快恢复了

You did this to me.

这全怨你

Every time I take one of these I think of him.

我每吃一片药,都会想到他

And the next face I think of?

接下来我想到的

It's yours.

就是你

I'm sorry that you felt used.

你觉得被利用了,我很遗憾

You weren't.

我没有利用你

I just, um...

我只是

like I told you, the political landscape shifted and

就像我说的,政治风向变了,而且

and we found...

而我们发现

Megan?

梅根

Hello?

你好

I got your text.

我收到你的短信了

I know I shouldn't be reaching out to you, but I thought...

我知道我不该联系你,但我觉得

No, that doesn't matter. I'm glad you did.

不,没关系,我很高兴你通知了我

How is she?

她怎么样

In bad shape.

状态很不好

I'm surprised they even let her out of the hospital, to be honest.

说实话我很吃惊他们还敢让她离开医院

Is there anything I can do?

有什么我能做的吗

Should I contact her family or go out there myself?

用不用我联系她的亲人,亲自去探望她

We should probably leave her alone.

我们最好不要打扰她了

Are you okay?

你还好吗

I'm fine. How about you?

我没事,你呢

Uh, holding up.

还撑得住

Spent the whole day talking to lawyers.

和律师商量了一整天

It's hard on the kids.

这对孩子们太不容易了

They're embarrassed and frightened.

他们既窘迫又害怕

But we'll get through it.

但我们会熬过去的

I thought the speech you and Garrett gave was very moving.

我认为你和加勒特的讲话很感人

Well, it seems to have helped some.

似乎起了点作用

I was inspired by you, actually.

其实我是受你的启发

When you admitted to the abortion on TV.

你敢于在电视上承认堕过胎

The truth is a powerful thing.

真相往往很有冲击力

Tricia, I want to apologize.

特莉莎,我想向你道歉

What for?

为什么

I feel partly responsible for everything

你的家庭所经历这些变故

your family's going through.

我觉得有一部分责任在我

It was my suggestion that you get counseling.

是我建议你们去见咨询师

And had I known then, I never would have said a word.

早知今日,我当初就什么都不会说了

Claire, please. Counseling was a godsend.

克莱尔,别这么说,见咨询师效果很好

Garrett and I needed help,

加勒特和我需要帮助

and it's made things better.

而且也确实起了作用

I should be thanking you.

我应该感谢你

And thank you for letting me know about Megan.

还有要感谢你把梅根的事告诉我

It was kind of you to make that trip.

你能去看她,真是好心

You're a good person, Claire. Be well.

你是个好人,克莱尔,保重

I take it this is about my hearing.

我估计你是想说听证会的事

Did Walker get to you first?

是不是沃克联系过你了

Barely.

没比你快多少

But sometimes barely is enough.

但有时候,哪怕只快一点也足够了

I'm sure he offered you a pardon.

他肯定提出给你特赦

Always better to offer something your competitor can't.

提供竞争对手给不了的,才是最聪明的

Oh, but I can.

但我能给你更好的

The last time I read the Constitution,

据我所知,宪法规定的

the most a vice president could offer was, um,

副总统能给的最有价值的东西也就是...

smile and a wink.

陪陪笑脸,递递眼色了

I think I've proven that I'm not your typical vice president.

我想我已经证明我不是一般的副总统

Typical or not, you've lost, Frank.

一般或不一般,你都输了,弗兰克

I have an out. You don't.

我还有出路,你没有

Garrett will not survive impeachment.

加勒特撑不过弹劾的

If there's one skill you can't deny,

你绝不能否认

it's my ability to whip votes.

我拉选票的能力

In the House. Not in the Senate.

那是在众议院,不是在参议院

Which the Constitution makes me the President of.

但依据宪法,我是参议院的主席

And you saw what I did with entitlement.

你也看到我是怎么通过福利改革了

Hubris is giving you delusions of grandeur, Frank.

傲慢使你自以为了不起了,弗兰克

Let's say Walker squeaks by.

就算沃克侥幸逃过一劫

Yes, you get your pardon.

是的,你能得到特赦

But you've bound yourself at the hip

但你把自己跟一个

to a man who has zero political capital.

没有任何政治资本的人拴在一起了

And if he gets convicted, we all go to jail.

如果他被定罪,我们都要坐牢

There's no pardon for anyone.

谁都没有特赦了

I'll roll the dice.

我愿意赌一把

Raymond, think like a businessman.

雷蒙德,用你的商业头脑想想

Haven't you built a fortune by minimizing risk?

你不就是靠尽量减小风险积累财富的吗

Isn't that why you stacked Congress all these years,

这不就是你这些年用钱堆砌国会

why you guided Garrett to the Oval,

引领加勒特当上总统

and why you kept me on as Whip?

留我当党鞭的原因吗

Walker is a junk bond quickly depreciating,

沃克是个垃圾股,贬值得快

whereas I can end the conflict with China

而我可以迅速解决和中国的贸易战

and keep you in the black.

还能保你稳赚

You can't promise better relations with China.

你没法保证改善和中国的关系

I wrecked them. I can repair them.

我破坏的,我也能修复

Now let's work together, as we always intended to do.

一起合作吧,就如我们起初打算的那样

When they put you in that box barely bigger than a coffin,

等你被关进棺材大的牢房里

remember how beautiful the music was tonight.

记住今晚这美妙的音乐吧

It might give you some small degree of comfort.

或许能让你稍微好受点

Puccini's a downer. I prefer something much more optimistic.

普契尼太伤感,我喜欢积极向上的

They won't touch Brown. The trial date is set.

他们不肯放布朗,审判日期已经定了

They can reduce the charges.

他们可以减轻指控

Dallas won't give. If I keep pressing,

达拉斯不愿让步,如果我继续施压

it'll start to look suspect.

会显得可疑

What I can do is make sure you don't get prosecuted.

我能确保你不被起诉

And I stop working for you.

还有我不再替你工作

Not quite. I told the U.S. Attorney

不全是,我跟检察官说

that we wanted to bring you on with us.

我们想让你为我们工作

Cyber terrorism division. You'd get a clean slate, as

网络恐怖主义分局,你的案底将一笔勾销

No fucking way.

门都没有

They're not gonna let your case go

他们不会就那么放弃你

unless we give them a compelling reason.

除非我们给他们充分的理由

There's no o I've spent half my life fighting the Bureau.

没别的,我跟调查局斗争了半辈子

It's the only way I could sell it.

我只能这么说

Take this opportunity, Gavin,

抓住机会,嘉文

before they change their minds.

趁他们还没改变主意

I want to meet with Douglas Stamper.

我要见道格拉斯·斯坦普

No. The deal was I find you a way out.

不行,我们说好了我帮你找出路

No, the deal was you help out Brown and you give me my freedom.

说好的是你帮布朗脱身并且还我自由

You haven't done shit for Brown,

你没为布朗办成任何事

and you still want to keep me under your thumb.

还想继续控制我

So I meet Stamper, or any kinda deal is off.

让我见斯坦普,否则一切免谈

Raymond said no.

雷蒙德没答应

He said neither yes nor no.

他没表态

I'll keep the pressure on.

我会继续施压

So he could still name you.

他还是有可能指证你

He could. Anything's possible.

是的,一切皆有可能

Well, you have to stop him.

你得阻止他

I'm trying.

我在尝试

Well, trying's not enough, Francis.

尝试远远不够,弗兰西斯

Well, I can't sit next to him in the hearing room

我总不能在听证会上坐他旁边

with a gun to his head.

拿枪抵着他头

Now that sounds like an excuse.

这听起来像在找借口

It's a reality.

事实就是这样

You promised me I wasn't going to have to prepare for the worst.

你答应过,我不用做最坏的打算

And I intend to keep that promise.

我也准备信守诺言

Well, I want to be sure. I want both of us to be sure.

我想确保,我们都要确定会没事

The only surefire way is for Walker to call him off personally.

唯一万无一失的办法,就是让沃克阻止他

Then make that happen.

那就去办

I cannot force a man who thinks I'm his enemy

我不能逼一个拿我当敌人的人

to suddenly call me his friend.

突然把我当朋友

I've done what I had to do.

我该做的都做了

Now you do what you have to do.

现在轮到你了

Seduce him. Give him your heart.

勾引他,把你的心交给他

Cut it out and put it in his fucking hands.

挖出来放在他手上

Dear Mr. President,

亲爱的总统先生

I'm writing on an Underwood portable

我正在用我离开桑蒂诺时

my father gave me when I left for the Sentinel.

我父亲给我的安德伍德打字机给你写信

It was the words my father said when he gave it to me

我父亲将它给我时说了些话

that have resonated even more than this 70yearold machine.

比这台七十多年的机器更让我能产生共鸣

"This Underwood built an empire," He said. "

这个安德伍德建立起了一个商业帝国"他说

"Now you go and build one of your own."

"现在该你去建立一个属于你自己的帝国了"

Those words have been a large part of what has motivated my life.

这些话一直激励着我

I've only written one other letter with these keys.

我只用这个打字机写过另一封信

It did not fail me then. I hope it will not fail me now.

那封信不辱使命,希望这次也一样

You said I wanted to diminish you.

你说我想削弱你

The truth is, I don't.

实际上,我没有

You said I wanted to challenge you in 2016.

你说我想在2016年跟你竞争

The truth is, I don't.

实际上,我没有

You said I wanted the presidency for myself.

你说我想自己当总统

The truth is,

实际上

I do.

我的确想

What politician hasn't dreamed about what it would be like

哪个政客没想过

to take the oath of the highest office of our land?

宣誓执掌国家最高权力

I've stared at your desk in the Oval and coveted it.

我曾盯着你的总统办公桌看,觊觎它

The power, the prestige.

权力,威望

Those things have a strong pull on someone like me,

那些东西对我这样一个来自南卡罗来纳州

who came from a small South Carolina town with nothing.

一座小镇,曾一无所有的人来说有致命的吸引力

But since you assumed office,

但自你就职时起

my only aim has been to fight for you

我唯一的目标就是为你而战

and alongside you,

与你并肩作战

whether that be in Congress or as now,

无论是在国会还是现在

the battle over impeachment.

在这场弹劾之战中

Maybe one day I'll have my chance to serve as president,

或许有一天,我有幸能成为总统

but not while you are the nation's leader.

但绝不是你在任期间

And in you, sir, I see a brave man.

在你身上,我看到了勇敢

A just man. A president whom I would follow anywhere,

看到了正直,你是我愿意永远追随的总统

no matter how strong the wind blows against us.

无论我们遇到多大的阻力

I want to tell you something I have never told anyone:

有一件事我从没对任何人说过

When I was 13 I walked in on my father in the barn.

我13岁那年在谷仓里撞见我父亲

There was a shotgun in his mouth.

他把猎枪伸到嘴里

He waved me over. "Come here, Francis," He said.

他朝我摆了摆手说道"过来,弗兰西斯

"Pull the trigger for me."

替我扣动扳机"

Because he didn't have the courage to do it himself.

因为他没有勇气自己做

I said, "No, Papa," And walked out,

我说"不,爸爸" 就离开了

knowing he would never find that courage.

我知道他永远没有那个勇气

The next seven years were hell for my father,

接下来的七年里,我父亲生不如死

but even more hell for my mother and me.

但我母亲和我更加痛苦

He made all of us miserable.

他令我们都苦不堪言

Drinking, despair, violence.

酗酒,绝望,暴力

My only regret in life is that I didn't pull that trigger.

我一生中唯一的后悔,就是当时没扣动扳机

He would have been better off in the grave,

死亡对他来说会是种解脱

and we would have been better off without him.

没有他我们也会过得更好

I'm not going to put you in the same position

我不会让你陷入同样的境地

as my father put me in.

像我父亲对我那样

You will find enclosed on a separate sheet

信中附上了一张纸

a confession to the crimes you have been accused of.

上面供认了所有你被指控的罪名

They're false words, but my signature will make them true.

都是假的,但我的签名会使它们成真

Use them if you must.

有必要的话就用吧

If you truly believe that I have only served myself,

如果你真的认为我的所作所为都是为了自己

then I have forever lost your trust.

那么我已经永远失去了你的信任

All I can do now is give you my freedom to save your own.

我现能做的,只有献出自己的自由以保住你

I said I would take the fall for you,

我说过我会替你承担责任

and now I give you the means to make that happen.

现在我把方法告诉你

I am pulling the trigger myself.

我要自己扣动扳机

We all must make sacrifices to achieve our dream,

为了实现梦想我们都要做出牺牲

but sometimes we must sacrifice ourselves for the greater good.

但有时为了大局必须牺牲自己

It is my honor to make such a sacrifice now.

做出这样的牺牲是我的荣幸

Your loyal friend, still in my heart,

你忠实的朋友,至少我仍这样认为

if not in yours, Francis.

即便你不这么想,弗兰西斯

The Constitution sets forth the general principles

宪法列出了一般原则

Sir? The president's on the phone.

先生,总统的电话

Mr. President.

总统先生

I got your letter. I had Tricia read it, too.

我收到信了,我让特莉莎也看了

I'm torn, Frank. Half of me wants to think you're genuine.

我很纠结,弗兰克,一半认为你是恳诚的

The other half doesn't trust a word of it.

另一半却一个字也不信

Does Tricia feel the same way?

特莉莎也这么想吗

She believes in Claire, which inclines her to believe in you.

她信任克莱尔,所以她也想相信你

I meant every syllable.

我字字发自肺腑

I wanted you to know beyond a shadow of a doubt

我想让你百分之百地相信

that I am willing to do whatever is necessary.

我愿做任何该做的事

Well, then why can't I shake the shadow?

那么,我为什么抛不开疑虑呢

Because I'm a liar, sir.

因为我是个骗子,先生

Because I lack scruples and some would even say compassion.

因为我无所顾忌,甚至可以说没有同情心

But that's just the image that I present to the world

但那只是我展示给世人的一面

because it elicits fear and respect.

因为那能使人害怕,让人尊敬我

But it is not who I am.

但我不是那样的人

My hope was that my letter would prove that to you.

我希望我的信能向你证明这一点

Well, even if you are being genuine,

好吧,就算你说的都是真的

that doesn't do much for me.

对我也没什么用

I won't survive impeachment

我想躲过弹劾

because I got along with my vice president.

不能只靠我和我的副总统关系好

No, I agree you need more than my good intentions.

是啊,我同意,你需要的不只是我的好意

Proof. That's what I want to see, Frank.

证明给我看,弗兰克

And not just falling on the sword. Show me results.

别光承担责任,我要结果

And then I'll reconsider whether you're worth any of my trust at all.

那样我会重新考虑你是否值得信任

You're talking votes.

你是说投票

Yeah. Whipping votes was your strong suit.

是的,拉票是你的强项

That's the side of you I want to see.

我想看到你那一面

I've already begun, sir.

我已经开始着手了,先生

Yeah? You have a count?

是吗,得到票数了吗

An approximation. The sands keep shifting.

只有个大概,形势一直在变化

Well, can we survive the House or not?

我们能得到众议院的支持吗

Possibly, but Jackie Sharp is making it very difficult.

有可能,但是杰姬·夏普在阻挠

Give me numbers.

告诉我票数

Over half of the 18 that she needs,

她需要得到超过18人的支持

which is why I'd like to start focusing on the Senate.

所以我想从参议院下手

Don't you think that's premature?

你不觉得现在行动有点早吗

We should be prepared.

我们必须有所准备

The key battle is making sure that you avoid conviction.

重中之重就是确保你不被定罪

Well, you keep whipping, you keep getting me information,

你继续拉票,有消息告诉我

I'll answer your calls.

我就等你电话了

But don't take that as a sign of reconciliation, Frank.

但别以为你我就此相安无事了,弗兰克

I'll sing for my supper, sir.

我会感激收获,先生

I don't expect it for free.

但我不会以为我能不劳而获

Let's talk again tomorrow.

我们明早再商量

Thank you, Mr. President.

谢谢你,总统先生

You said you wanted options.

你说你想有选择余地

Frank didn't leave me options. He fucked me.

但弗兰克让我没得选,他坑了我

You fucked him first when you sided with Tusk.

是你和塔斯克沆瀣一气,先把他坑了

But who cares what happened each inning?

但谁管中间过程怎样

It's the final score that counts.

只有临门一脚才算数

Eight years I spent busting my ass in this office.

我在他麾下八年,为他跑前跑后

I can't seem to escape it.

看来还是躲不过为他卖命

You gonna help us or not?

你是帮我们还是不帮

I need to know what I gain.

我要知道我有什么好处

You'll be taking care of. Specifically.

你会得到关照的,说具体点

We'll see what makes sense when all the chips have fallen.

等到尘埃落定,再看看要怎么办吧

So you just want me to leap off a cliff

那你是要我闷头往悬崖下跳

and hope for a soft landing beneath?

指望着运气好摔不死吗

No one will touch you now. Nobody except us.

现在谁都不会要你,除了我们

We're as soft as you're gonna get.

我们就是你最好的运气

A job at the White House?

能在白宫给我一官半职吗

No promises.

这我说不准

Other than something commensurate

结果如何取决于你的

with your loyalty and experience.

忠诚度和经验

I could just walk away from it all. Start a new life.

我完全可以就此抽身,开始新的生活

No, you can't. You know you can't.

你抽不了身,你知道你做不到

You'd wither away anywhere but the Hill.

离了国会山,你只会衰萎

It's never been about the money,

不管你怎么骗自己

no matter what you tell yourself.

你做这一行不是为了钱

When I left, Frank begged me to stay.

我跳槽的时候,弗兰克求我留下

"Power versus money," He said.

他说"这是权和钱二选一"

Don't reduce myself to a tax bracket.

别屈尊加入那些缴富人税的人

He was right. And I doubt he begged.

他说得对,但我不认为他会求你

He was half right.

他对了一半

Power is better than money for as long as it lasts.

只要有权力握在手里,就比钱有魅力

But it never lasts.

但权力总会滑出手心

What's your answer?

你的回答是什么

You've gotten colder since you've taken over this job.

你当了党鞭之后变得更冷血了

It makes things easier.

这样办事容易些

On the outside.

只是对外吗

And the inside.

内外皆是

I miss you, Jackie.

我想你,杰姬

Tell me if you'll cooperate.

你打算合作的话,就告诉我

How's your brother enjoying working with the congressman?

你哥哥在议员手下干得如何

Oh, excuse me one second.

我接个电话

Mr. President.

总统先生

I want you to call Tusk. Tell him the deal is off.

我要你打给塔斯克,告诉他交易取消

What? You were right.

什么,你说得对

I don't want to take the risk.

我不想冒此风险

But I already spoke to him.

但我已经和他谈过了

Well, so speak to him again. And tell him there's no pardon.

那就再和他谈谈,告诉他特赦没戏了

Sir, I I I was skeptical of this strategy at first,

先生,我起初对这策略确实有些怀疑

but now that we've gone down this road, we should stick to it.

但我们已经选了这条路,就该走到底

Linda, do you still want your job back?

琳达,你还想回来做幕僚长吗

Of course, sir.

当然,先生

Then make the call.

那就打给他

I'd rather see what happens in the House

我想先看看众议院的结果

before I get involved in any way.

再决定要不要帮你们

But if you came out vigorously in defense of the President,

但如果你能表现出对总统坚定的支持

it might convince the Judiciary Committee

可能会让司法委员会觉得...

To be honest, I'm not particularly inclined

说实话,我并不是很想

to be doing Walker any favors.

帮沃克的忙

Now, Michael, I know he revoked your nomination.

迈克尔,我知道他撤销了你的国务卿提名

He didn't fight for me at all.

他完全没有为我争取

Well, he'd just been elected. He wasn't in a position to

他那时刚刚当选,还没有足够的...

Wrong. He had a clear mandate.

才怪,他明明有这权力

He was in a strong position to defend me.

他完全可以支持我

You're right.

你说得对

If I had been President I wouldn't have given in so easily.

如果我是总统,我不会那么轻易放弃

I would've stuck by you after that article came to light.

我会在那篇文章曝光后坚定支持你

In fact, if you'd been our secretary of state instead of Durant,

老实说,如果国务卿是你而不是杜兰特

I don't think we'd be in the mess we are with China.

我们和中国的关系或许就不会这么差了

But the truth is, I wouldn't have nominated you

但事实是,如果换了我,我也不会

for secretary of state in the first place.

提名你做国务卿

I would have nominated you for secretary of treasury.

我会提名你做财政部长

Because your expertise in economics is even better

因为你在经济领域的专业知识

than your grasp on foreign affairs.

比你的外交知识强得多

No, if I were president, you'd be secretary of treasury.

如果我是总统,你就会做财政部长

If you were president.

如果你是总统...

That's right.

没错

You can't do this.

你不能这样

What happened?

怎么回事

Was it Frank?

是弗兰克捣的鬼吗

Linda, listen to me

琳达,听我说

I understand.

我明白

Thanks.

谢谢你

The deal is off.

交易取消了

Did she say why?

她说原因了吗

No. Other than he changed his mind.

没有,只说他改主意了

But it must be Frank.

但肯定是因为弗兰克

Then we go back to the original plan.

我们还是按原计划来

That's right. You plead the Fifth just like you did before.

没错,和以前一样拒不解释

This is political theater.

这是政治手段

We get past it and focus on the Jesus Christ.

我们可以蒙混过关然后关注,天呐

What is it?

怎么了

Remy Danton is volunteering to testify to Dunbar, right now.

雷米·丹顿自愿去邓巴那里作证,就是现在

He volunteered? He wasn't subpoenaed?

他自愿的,不是被传唤的吗

Looks that way.

看起来是的

He's gonna sell me out.

他要出卖我

That would open him up to prosecution.

那样的话他也会遭到起诉

Unless he's being protected.

除非他受到了保护

Where's Danton?

丹顿在哪

I'll call his assistant.

我给他助理打电话

Did you or did you not facilitate foreign money

你是否促成外资

being funneled into political action committees?

流入政治行动委员会

On the advice of my counsel,

根据我律师的意见

I reserve my right to invoke the Fifth Amendment.

我保留行使第五修正案的权利

Xander Feng claims you not only facilitated,

冯山德声称你不仅是促成了此事

you orchestrated the scheme.

更是最初的策划者

Now what is your response to that testimony?

你如何回应这项证词

On the advice of my counsel, I reserve my right to

根据我律师的意见,我保留我的权利

You can reserve your right all day long, Mr. Tusk.

你今天可以一直保留你的权利,塔斯克先生

But when you appear in front of a grand jury,

但等你面对陪审团时

as I'm sure the Justice Department intends,

我确信司法部门一定会起诉你

your silence will be your downfall.

你的沉默将使你垮台

Does the congressman have a question?

议员有问题要问吗

You can hide from us all you want, sir.

你可以躲着我们,先生

You cannot hide from a jury of your peers.

却躲不过与你平起平坐的陪审团

Mr. Chairman. That's it. I'm done.

主席先生,就这样吧,我说完了

I relinquish the remainder of my time.

我放弃我剩余的时间

The chair recognizes the congresswoman from Tennessee.

下面交给田纳西州女议员

You have 12 minutes, ma'am.

12分钟,女士

Mr. Tusk, our nation is currently embroiled in a trade war with China.

塔斯克先生,我们卷入了与中国的贸易战中

It has gutted our economy.

这严重挫伤了我国的经济

It has placed our navy in harm's way.

使我们的海军处于险境

The president who put us there has He knew.

而使我们陷入这困境的总统,他知道

Excuse me?

你说什么

My client reserves the

我的委托人保留

He knew. Isn't that what you're all wondering?

他知道,你们不就是想知道这个吗

Quiet, please.

请安静

Knew what, exactly?

知道什么,确切一些

There was a mechanism by which a great many contributions

有一套机制,它在过去10年里

were made over the last 10 years.

贡献了大量的捐助款

The legality of this mechanism is something

我仍然认为

that I continue to believe is within the boundaries of the law.

这套机制并不触犯法律

But as for the mechanism itself, Mr. Feng is correct.

但至于该机制本身,冯山德先生说得对

I orchestrated it. I facilitated it.

是我策划的,是我促成的

And the president knew about it.

总统是知道的

Danton just canceled.

丹顿刚刚取消了

Screw Danton. We've got Tusk.

去他的吧,我们有塔斯克

Get me the attorney general.

接通司法部长

That won't be necessary, Mr. Tusk.

没有这个必要,塔斯克先生

If you'll come with us.

请和我们走一趟

That's a shame.

真可惜

Handcuffs were another item on my bucket list.

手铐也是我遗愿清单中的一项呢

Right this way, sir. You have the right to remain silent.

这边走,先生,你有权保持沉默

Anything you say can and will be used against you.

你所说的一切将用来作为控告你的证据

We'll want a bond. For his cooperation in the hearing.

我们谈谈条件吧,他在听证会上很配合

I'll talk bonds if you'll talk a plea.

认罪了再谈条件

Response to the testimony has been swift and vocal.

人们对证词的反应又快又强烈

Protesters have been gathering in front of

抗议者从昨天起

the White House since yesterday,

便聚集在白宫前

demanding President Walker's resignation.

要求总统沃克下台

And an online petition has already accumulated

一份网上请愿书在过去24小时里

over 200,000 signatures in the past 24 hours.

已经获得二十多万人签名

The list of lawmakers publicly condemning the president

两院公开谴责总统的人数

has grown on both sides of the aisle.

越来越多

And this afternoon the Chinese ambassador

今天下午,中国大使

also condemned the Walker administration,

也谴责了沃克政府

saying China would not negotiate with a president

指责其瞒着北京与腐败商人做交易

who dealt with corrupt businessmen behind Beijing's back.

他说中国不会与这样的总统进行谈判

This at a time when warships from both countries

如今,两国的军舰

Meanwhile the president and first lady remain bunkered

与此同时,总统与第一夫人

at Camp David and have offered no public response

仍在戴维营闭门不出,尚未对华盛顿

to the most recent developments in Washington.

最新的进展发表公开回应

I'm here with Ayla Sayyad of the Wall Street Telegraph.

我们请到了《华尔街电讯报》的艾拉·萨伊德

And Ayla, I have to begin by saying that sources

艾拉,我必须先说

on the Hill are telling me

据国会知情人士透露

that the Judiciary Committee may bypass debate all together.

司法委员会可能完全跳过辩论

Uh, no one on the committee has gone on record about that.

不,委员会还没有人正式发表这样的声明

But do you think these rumors would be circulating

但如果不是委员会十分倾向于

if there weren't some sort of strong preference

建议众议院启动弹劾程序

to recommend the Articles of Impeachment to the House?

也不会有这种传言了吧

I think it's safe to assume there is strong support.

我认为几乎可以肯定弹劾很受支持

Every poll I've seen shows

我看到的每份民调都显示

an overwhelming majority of Americans want this to move forward.

很大一部分美国人希望更进一步

I don't think politicians are going to ignore that.

我觉得政客们不会无视这一点的

I've talked to a number of my colleagues already.

我已经和我的一些同事聊过了

There's support on my side of the aisle.

民主党这边有些支持者

Well, how many do you have? Five at this point, including me.

你有多少,现在包括我在内有五个

That would put us at 60. We'd still need seven more.

那就一共有60个了,还需要七个

You've seen the overnight polls.

你也看了昨晚的民调了

He's dipped down into the single digits.

他的支持率都降到个位数了

Are you willing to make a public statement with us?

你想和我们一起发表公开声明吗

I think the country could use

我觉得事到如今

a little bipartisanship right now, don't you?

两党合作一下也不是坏事吧

Do you think they're bluffing?

你觉得他们在虚张声势吗

That it's some sort of stunt to sway the undecideds in the Senate?

为了动摇参议院那些仍在犹豫的人而耍的花招

Michael Kern is bitter and smallminded, sir,

迈克尔·科恩小气又记仇,先生

but he wouldn't appear publicly with Mendoza

但如果他们没获得足够的支持

if they didn't have the numbers.

他不会和门多萨一同公开表态

Well, I imagine we're worse off in the House than we were before.

可以想象众议院的情况比之前更糟了

In fact, I had a very productive conversation with Jackie Sharp.

其实我本来和杰姬·夏普聊得还挺有成效

She agreed to stop the attack

她同意停止攻击

if we give her our support for majority leader after the midterms.

只要我们在中期选举后支持她做多数党领袖

But once Raymond gave his testimony,

但雷蒙德一提供他的证词

she called to say the deal was off.

她就打电话说交易取消

Raymond really has set us back.

雷蒙德真的给了我们很大打击

I can't fathom why he lied.

我真想不通他为什么要撒谎

Well, it's retribution.

他要报复我

For what? The energy crisis? No.

为了什么,能源危机吗,不是

Did you offer him something?

你给了他什么好处吗

Well, Raymond's testimony hurts,

雷蒙德的证词确实于我们不利

but it can't finish us off.

但并没有终结我们

It's impossible to prove a lie.

谎言是无法证明的

Impeachment is inevitable.

弹劾不可避免

Public opinion is the adversary now. Facts no longer matter.

现在民众舆论成了敌人,事实已经不重要了

You should give Kern a call. The personal touch.

你应该给科恩打个电话,亲自聊聊

If he came back to us,

如果他重新支持我们

it might make the other Democrats get cold feet.

别的民主党可能就会胆怯退缩

Well, China isn't helping.

中国也在帮倒忙

President Qian won't return my calls.

钱主席不回我的电话

Beijing must smell death.

北京那边肯定觉得我气数已尽

They're just exploiting the situation for leverage.

他们只是在利用这个局面寻求筹码

Let's not worry about China for the moment.

现在暂时别考虑中国

One battle at a time, sir.

一步一步慢慢来,先生

Maybe I'm finished, Frank.

我大概是完了,弗兰克

Maybe I need to start accepting that we won't pull out of this.

也许我该接受,我们没法全身而退了

Mr. President, I know you're tired.

总统先生,我知道你累了

I know this has been hell for you.

我知道对你而言,这生不如死

And, yes, impeachment would be an awful blow.

确实,弹劾会是个严重的打击

We'd have to fight tooth and nail in the Senate.

我们要在参议院浴血奋战了

And, yes, we'll have to beg and compromise

确实,我们将不得不祈求和妥协

to regain our political capital.

重新赚回我们的政治资本

But we have it in us, sir.

但我们一定会胜利,先生

No matter how many scars it leaves us with.

不管拼得多么头破血流

It's not just us, Frank.

不仅仅是我们,弗兰克

It's Tricia. It's my children.

还有特莉莎,还有我的孩子们

I stay awake at night, thinking how much it would crush them,

我整夜失眠,想着他们看到父亲退缩

seeing their father hauled off.

将是多大的打击

Sir, that won't happen because I won't let it.

先生,不会那样的,我不会允许

If we're confronted by the worst,

如果我们遇上最糟的情况

I'll make sure you never step foot behind bars.

我至少会确保你不会遭受牢狱之灾

You have my word on that.

我向你保证

He's in the darkness now.

他现在身处黑暗

And I'm the only beacon of light.

我是唯一指路的明灯

Now we gently guide him toward the rocks.

现在只要温柔地把他引向礁石就可以了

Mr. President, you also still have my letter.

总统先生,你还有我的信

It's not too late, if you want to use that option.

如果你想走那条路,现在还不算太晚

No, you're more useful to me on the Hill than in handcuffs.

不,你留在国会比待在监狱更有用

I'll call Kern.

我会给科恩打电话

Goodnight, sir. Night.

晚安,先生,晚安

How much did Green tell you?

格林告诉你多少

Enough that I showed up.

足够让我现身

He probably didn't mention Rachel Posner, huh?

他大概没提到瑞秋·波斯纳,是吧

Don't worry. He doesn't know.

别担心,他不知道

I do.

但我知道

You have her in an apartment in Joppa.

你把她藏在乔帕的一间公寓里

I have your movements.

我知道你的一举一动

I have your text messages before you destroyed your phone.

你有你毁掉手机之前的短信

But that's more than enough.

不过这已经足够了

I'll bet a lot of people would like to know what she knows.

我相信很多人都很想知道她知道的事

Now you listen to me very carefully.

你给我听好了

Whatever you think you've got,

不管你以为你拿到了什么

whatever you intend to do with it,

也不管你打算拿这些东西做什么

I don't respond to extortion the same way that Green does.

我不会像格林那样被敲诈牵着走

What Green promised you,

格林给你的许诺

that can be undone in a heartbeat.

我瞬间就可以抵消

And that's why you're here. Make sure it isn't.

所以才把你找来,确保不会变卦

You want my protection.

你想要我的保护

I don't trust Green or anyone at the Bureau.

我不信任格林或联调局的任何人

Who else knows about this?

还有谁知道

No one.

没人知道

Why should I trust you?

我为什么要相信你

'Cause we both have too much to lose, man.

因为我们两人都输不起,伙计

Get dressed.

穿上衣服

What what are you doing here?

你在干什么

Put some clothes on.

穿上衣服

Why why?

为什么

Now. Let's go.

快点,我们走

Did anyone contact you?

有人联系你吗

Where are you taking me?

你要带我去哪

Answer my question.

回答我的问题

No. Nobody.

没人联系我

There's someone who knows about us.

有人知道了我们的事

Who knows where you are.

知道你在哪

And when we've met.

知道我们什么时候见过面

Are you gonna hurt me?

你是不是要伤害我

Nothing's going to happen if you tell the truth.

你和我说实话就什么都不会发生

I am. I I haven't been contacted by anybody.

我在说实话,没有任何人和我联系

Stop lying, Rachel.

别再撒谎了,瑞秋

I will do whatever you want.

你让我干什么都行

Please, just don't hurt me.

求你别伤害我

What I want is for you to answer my questions,

我想让你回答我的问题

so I can help you.

这样我才能帮你

All you have ever done is fuck up my life.

你一直以来都在毁掉我的生活

You fucked up the fellowship.

你毁了团契的事

You fucked up what I had with Lisa.

你毁了我和丽萨的感情

Even when I did what you asked.

即使我都按你说的做了

And your sick fucking visits,

你每次来找我都像变态一样

and reading to you like a fucking child.

要我哄小孩似的给你读书

What is wrong with you?

你有什么毛病

Why can't you just leave me be?

为什么你就不能放了我

Why do you have to be such a fucking stop!

为什么你非要这么,住嘴

Rachel? Don't be stupid.

瑞秋,别做傻事

Rachel?

瑞秋

Everything's gonna be fine.

不会有事的

All I've ever done is try to protect you.

我做的一切都是想保护你

That's what I'm trying to do now.

我现在也是想保护你

You have to believe that.

你要相信我

I didn't have to.

我本来没必要保护你

Been a lot easier if I didn't.

那样事情会简单得多

But I did. I did it because I

但我还是那样做了,因为我...

What are you doing?

你干什么

Yesterday we completed hearings with regard to Articles

昨天我们结束了关于

of Impeachment for the president of the United States.

弹劾美国总统的听证会

The chair will now entertain motions from the committee.

主席现在开始听取委员会动议

Mr. Chairman.

主席先生

The chair recognizes the congressman from Alabama.

主席请阿拉巴马州议员发言

I move that we put our recommendation directly to a vote

我建议我们直接开始对提议进行投票

so that debate on this important matter may take place

这样众议院435名成员

on the House floor, open to all 435 members.

都可以就此事进行辩论

Are there any objections to bypassing debate in this committee?

委员会有人反对跳过辩论阶段吗

We will now vote on recommendation of the Articles

现在开始对是否将弹劾条款

of Impeachment to the full House.

送交众议院投票进行表决

Those in favor of recommendation say, "Aye."

同意提议的请喊"赞成"

Aye.

赞成

Those opposed?

反对者

Nay.

反对

The ayes have it.

赞成占多数

This committee officially recommends Articles

委员会正式建议众议院

of Impeachment proceed to the House floor.

对弹劾条款进行投票

He's here.

他来了

The vice president is just arriving now here at Camp David.

副总统刚刚到达戴维营

We except President Walker to speak within the hour,

我们预计沃克总统

announcing his official resignation

会在一小时内宣布

as president of the United States.

辞去美国总统的职务

How are you? I'm fine.

你怎么样,我还好

Mr. President.

总统先生

I have coffee in the kitchen.

我在厨房里煮了咖啡

Would you like some? I'm fine.

要来点吗,不用了

Well, you're about to become

你马上就要成为

the most powerful man in the free world.

自由世界最有权势的人了

You don't have to do this, sir.

你没必要这么做,先生

I spoke to Kern last night.

我昨晚和科恩谈过了

He's not gonna back down.

他不肯让步

So we'll beat him down.

那我们就打败他

No, Frank.

不,弗兰克

My approvals are at eight percent.

我的支持率只剩8%了

Even if I avoid conviction,

即使我不被定罪

I have no mandate to lead.

我也没有威严领导国家了

So better I step aside with some dignity

所以我还是有尊严地下台

so the nation can start to heal.

让国家开始康复

I can never fill your shoes, sir.

我永远无法与你比肩,先生

You don't have a choice now.

你现在没有选择了

Your letter.

你的信

Well,

好了

shall we go introduce the 46th president of the United States?

我们去向大家引见美国第46任总统吧

Effective immediately,

自即日起

I am resigning the presidency of the United States.

我辞去美国总统一职

Tricia and I believe that this is the best course of action,

特莉莎和我认为这是最合适的行动

not only for us and our children,

既是为了我们和孩子

but for the country.

更是为了这个国家

It's a sad day for us. I can't deny that.

这对我们是不幸的一天,毫无疑问

But I take solace in this:

但让我心有慰藉的是

Frank Underwood will bring virtue, experience,

弗兰克·安德伍德将把美德,经验

and courage to the Oval Office.

和勇气带入总统办公室

I have been blessed to have him as my vice president.

由他担任我的副总统,是我的荣幸

But I'm even more blessed to call him my friend.

而有他这样的朋友,更是我的幸运

It has been...

能够担任

the greatest honor of my life

总统一职,服务国家

to serve this country as president.

是我这一生无上的荣耀

I thank my family, my staff,

我感谢我的家人,白宫的工作人员

and all of those who have supported me.

以及所有那些支持我的人

Despite the last few months,

尽管最近几个月风波不断

my faith in this country has never been stronger.

但我对祖国的信仰愈发坚定

God bless all of you.

上帝保佑你们

And god bless the United States of America.

上帝保佑美利坚合众国

Thank you, Mr. President, for those words.

谢谢你的美言,总统先生

Good luck to you, sir.

祝你好运,先生

Sir, please raise your right hand and repeat after me.

先生,请举起右手,跟我宣誓

I, Francis J. Underwood...

本人,弗兰西斯·J·安德伍德

I, Francis J. Underwood...

本人,弗兰西斯·J·安德伍德

Do solemnly swear...

在此庄严宣誓

Do solemnly swear...

在此庄严宣誓

Mr. President.

总统先生

Mr. President.

总统先生

Madam Secretary.

国务卿女士

The rest of the Cabinet is awaiting you at the White House.

内阁其余成员都在白宫等你

We'd like to give you

我们希望马上

a national security briefing right away, sir.

为你做国家安全简报,长官

I'm aware of the particulars.

细节我都已经清楚了

Can you please get Beijing on the phone?

请联系一下北京

Qian hasn't returned the President's calls for two days.

钱主席已经两天没回过总统的电话了

Well, there's a new president now.

现在总统已经换人了

Please get him on the line.

马上给他打电话

Two hours ago, President Underwood,

两个小时前,作为三军统帅

in his first act as commander in chief,

安德伍德总统下达了第一条命令

gave orders to the seventh fleet to vacate Japanese waters.

他要求第七舰队撤出日本周边海域

This was a result of a productive conversation

这得益于总统与钱主席进行的一次

with President Qian,

颇有成效的对话

who gave similar orders

而钱主席也对该海域的

to Chinese naval vessels in the same region.

中国舰队下达了撤退的命令

He moves quick.

他行动挺快啊

Do you mean with the Chinese or with Walker?

你是说对中国人,还是对沃克

Mr. Feng? What is it?

冯先生,怎么了

U.S. Justice Department. We need you to come with us.

我们是司法部的,请随我们走一趟

Where? You're going back to China.

去哪,你将被遣返回中国

I have asylum.

我申请了政治避难

No, sir, you don't. Your asylum has been rescinded.

不,先生,你的避难请求已经被驳回了

I have it in writing. Unconditional and permanent.

我有书面证明,无条件无限期的庇护

Sir, I'm telling you, your asylum has been rescinded.

先生,我说过了,对你的庇护已经作废了

Now, please, gather your things and come with us.

现在请收拾个人物品,跟我们走

Revoking his asylum will have consequences.

撤销他的避难不是没有后果的

But we're solid from a legal perspective?

但是法律上没问题吧

Legally yes. His initial paperwork hasn't been processed,

法律上没问题,他的文件还没进入批准流程

and we can claim he poses a threat to our national interests.

我们可以声称他对我国利益构成威胁

But it diminishes the integrity of our State Department.

但这会削弱国务院的信誉

What's more important, Cathy? Integrity or peace?

哪一个更重要,凯茜,信誉还是和平

You know they'll execute him.

你知道他会被处决的

The Chinese are right about one thing.

中国人说对了一件事

Sometimes you have to sacrifice the one for the many.

有时候,就得舍弃一人,保证全局

Let's get back to Washington.

我们回华盛顿吧

Okay. Please let me know. Thanks very much.

好的,请及时通知我,非常感谢

Anything? Not yet.

有消息吗,还是没有

See if you can track down anyone from his regular AA meetings.

你看看能不能通过戒酒互助会查到他的行踪

I spoke to the moderator.

我和辅导员谈过了

He said he hasn't seen Doug in several weeks.

他说已经有好几周没见过道格了

I checked all the hospitals, his landlord...

我查过医院,问过他的房东

Sir, everyone's here.

先生,人都到齐了

All right, when this is all over

好,等手头事一过

I want you to work with Nancy on finding Doug.

我要你和南茜一起找道格

I've already alerted the D.C. Metro.

我已经和交管部打过招呼

They put out an APB on his car.

他们会对他的车牌发布全境通告

We'll find him, sir.

我们会找到他的,先生

Claire?

克莱尔呢

Just outside.

就在外面

Let's go, Nancy.

咱们走,南茜

Ladies and gentleman,

女士们先生们

the President and the first lady.

欢迎总统先生和第一夫人

Francis,

弗兰西斯

I know your birthday isn't for a couple weeks,

我知道离你生日还有段时间

but I got you something.

但我要送你一份礼物

What's this? Open it.

这是什么,打开嘛

I had a new one made.

我让人新做了一个

I love you.

我爱你

I love you, too.

我也爱你

You go ahead.

你快进去吧

Come on.

一起来吧

We earned this together.

这是我们共同的成功

Take a few moments for yourself first.

你先自己去,好好享受一下

I'll be out here.

我就在外面,

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/zpwdyj/dej/507070.html