《一呼一吸》精讲 16(在线收听

He couldn't go on having no name,

孩子不能一直没有名字

so I decided to call him Jonathan.

所以我决定叫他乔纳森

I hope that's all right.

希望这个名字还可以

He never even looks at him.

他从来都不看孩子

He can't bear to even look at him.

他连看一眼都无法忍受

You don't know that.

你又不知道

Yes, I do.

我知道

I do. I know everything he's thinking.

我知道 他想什么我都知道

Every time I come here, I hope he'll have changed.

每次我到了那里 都希望他能有所改变

But he can't bear to look at his own son.

但他连自己的亲生儿子都没法看

Well done.

非常棒

An old priest I knew once, a very holy man,

我曾认识一位老神父 是个非常高尚的人

he used to say,

他曾说

Those that God loves most,

上帝对人爱得越深沉

"He allows to suffer most."

"就会让他遭受越多苦难"

We can't know the mind of God,

我们无从知晓上帝的思想

but we can be sure that whatever happens to us

但我们可以肯定 无论发生什么

is somehow part of His plan.

都是上帝的安排

I'm sorry. I didn't get that.

抱歉 我没听清

Move closer.

凑近点

Closer. Yes, of course.

近点 好的 当然

Yes, well... I'll be on my way.

好吧 我这就走

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/yhyxjj/511955.html