时代周刊 阿富汗比好莱坞安全(1)(在线收听

7 Questions

7个问题

The interview subject is Rose McGowan, (time says) the former actor, who publicly accused Harvey Weinstein of rape (which he denies),

罗斯·麦高恩,曾公开指控哈维·韦恩斯坦强奸(被他否认了)的前演员,

talks about her new book, her activism and the cult of Hollywood

今天和我们谈起了她的新书,她的行动论和大家对好莱坞的崇拜

Q1: When did you start writing Brave?

问1:你什么时候开始创作《勇敢》这本书的?

Three years ago, but in a lot of ways I’d been formulating it my whole life.

答:三年前,但其实很大程度上,我一生都在创作这本书。

Q2: How did the cascade of accusations against the person you call “the Monster” change what happened with the book?

问2:大家对你口中那个“怪物”的指责对这本书的内容有影响吗?

I am one of the people that started that process, behind the scenes, a lot earlier.

答:很久以前,我也是他们中间的一员,是我们发起了这项运动,只不过我是在幕后工作。

While I was writing this book, I was being harassed by his lawyers.

写这本书的时候,我不断受到了他那些律师的骚扰。

So Shaunna Thomas from the (women’s rights) group UltraViolet put me in touch with the media.

所以,女权组织UltraViolet的Shaunna Thomas就帮我联系了媒体。

NBC and the New York Times were in a race for the story, and to make sure it didn’t die, I played both sides.

全国广播公司和《纽约时报》争着抢这个报道机会,为了确保我的故事不会石沉大海,我两边都接受了采访。

I’ve been working for 20 years at this.

为了这一刻,我已经等了20年。

Q3: You remind me of an Old Testament prophet, crying that the system is corrupt, everyone is complicit, and everyone needs to repent.

问3:你让我想起了旧约里的一位先知,他说我们的体系是腐败的,每个人都是同谋,每个人都需要悔改。

Do you see yourself that way?

你也这样觉得吗?

Well, society has had an awful lot of thoughts for me, and I have some thoughts for them.

答:嗯,社会对我各种各样的看法,我对他们也有我的想法。

Q4: What if I have information that they don’t?

问4:如果我掌握的信息是他们没有的呢?

The media has been in training—and often paid—to slime me and to slander me for years.

答:这些年,媒体一直在接受培训 - 经常还拿了报酬 - 给我制造麻烦,诽谤我。

And now seeing them try to treat me with respect, it’s like glitching.

现在看到他们试图尊重我,感觉就像他们出故障了才会这样对我一样。

It’s hard for them, after 20 years of painting me as crazy, or one of VH1’s 50 baddest girls in Hollywood.

他们也不容易,毕竟20年来,他们一直在将我刻画成好莱坞的疯子,刻画成好莱坞VHI最差劲的50个女演员之一。

It was this artificial image.

他们故意把我塑造成了这种形象。

I would be in Afghanistan, I would come home,

我本来准备回阿富汗,回家的,

and there would be news that I had gotten in a strip-off with Christina Aguilera.

然后就会有消息说我和克里斯蒂娜·阿奎莱拉一起跳脱衣舞。

Q5: Were you in Afghanistan seeing your U.S. Air Force pilot brother?

问5:你那次去阿富汗是去看你在美国空军飞行员的兄弟吗?

No, I was visiting troops.

答:不,我只是在探望军队。

I was there at the height of the war, and I felt safer in Afghanistan than I ever did in Hollywood. Ever.

战争最激烈的时候我就在阿富汗,但我觉得在阿富汗比在好莱坞安全。永远比在好莱坞安全。

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/sdzk/513022.html