《跟踪者》精讲 174(在线收听

Meg is dead because of them.

因为他们,梅格死了

Why didn't you go to the police all those years ago?

你当年为什么不报警

I was afraid of what my mom would think.

我担心妈妈会怎么想

We were out past curfew, drinking. I wanted to forget it ever happened.

我们过了门禁时间还在外面喝酒。我想忘却这事,当没发生过

Now Meg's dead because of them, because of me.

现在梅格却因他们而死,因我而死

I wouldn't ask for help.

因为我不肯寻求帮助

You were kids, and you went through a serious trauma.

你们当时还是孩子,而且你经历了重大的心灵创伤

No one can blame you for how you reacted back then.

没人能责怪你当初的决定

I took karate so I wouldn't be a victim again, but...Meg was fragile.

我不想再当受害者,于是学了空手道,但梅格很脆弱

I got her into rehab, and she'd relapse.

我送她去戒毒,但她还是再犯了

After she died, I tried to file a report,

她死后,我曾想去报警

but the cop at the front desk told me I was wasting my time.

但前台的警察说我这是在浪费时间

He referred me to a self-help group.

他推荐我去一个自助自励小组

I walked out. I took things in my own hands. What happens now?

我走出警局后,决定自己报仇。接下来会怎么样

You're an adult. There are consequences for your actions.

你是个成人,要为自己的所作所为负责

I know that, but Scott, he gets to go free, doesn't he?

这我知道,但斯考特他会被无罪释放,对吧

Where's the justice in that?

这有什么正义可言

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/gzzjj/517551.html