《新闻编辑室》精讲 第一季 第4集 威尔新年夜找女友惹得麻烦(在线收听

Try to keep my head above it the best I can

我要努力挺过这一关

That's why here I am?

所以我才在这里

Just waiting for this storm to pass me by

等着暴风雨经过

And that's the sound of sunshine

聆听阳光的声音

Coming down

从空中洒下

And that's the sound of sunshine?

聆听阳光的声音?

Hey. I thought I saw you sneak in.

我就说看到你溜进来了

You look nice. Thanks. So do you.

你这身很好看,谢谢,你也是,

Oh yeah. I was at a party at Bloomberg's.

当然,我去参加布鲁伯格的派对了(迈克·布鲁伯格:纽约市长,美国最富有的政客)

But you came here to be with your "News Night" Family at midnight.

但你赶回来,和节目组大家庭一起过午夜

Well near them anyway.

看着他们过而已

Can I ask a favor? Yeah.

能求你件事吗,什么事,

Can Wade have two minutes with you?

韦德能跟你说两句话吗

He's got some facts he wants to share.

他有事实要跟你说

Sure. You don't mind?

可以,你不介意,

No problem.

不介意

Wade?

韦德

Happy New Year. Happy New Year.

新年快乐,新年快乐,

Oh and Jim's putting together the packet of stories you asked him to.

吉姆在整理你要的新闻事件

You wanna give it five minutes a night next week?

下周每晚抽出五分钟来报道,如何

Let's look at the stories first. Done.

先看看故事再说,好的,

I'll leave you guys alone.

你们聊吧

How have you been? I've been good thanks.

最近还好吗,很好,谢谢,

And I appreciate you taking a minute.

感谢你抽出时间来见我

What can I do for you?

有什么事吗

You know I'm an assistant US attorney for the southern district right?

你知道,我是纽约南区的助理检察官

Yeah.

知道

Well right now my job's prosecuting financial crime.

我现在的工作,是打击金融犯罪

Well you know Wade feel free to start any time.

韦德,欢迎你随时开始

You've been pretty rough on us.

你可没少难为我们

Countrywide? Well I don't know what to tell you.

国家金融服务公司吗,我该怎么说你

You've got guys flooding the market with bad mortgages

你们的起诉对象在市场上疯狂放贷

lying to investors making billions of dollars

欺骗投资者,牟利数十亿

but most incredibly discussing it by email.

居然,还是通过电邮来密谋

I don't mean to insult you man

我无意羞辱你

but how do you not get a fraud conviction?

给他们定欺诈罪有那么难吗

Right there's what I'm talking about.

这正是我要说的

This is the half of the story you're leaving out.

我知道这故事的另一半

Are you ready for me to blow your mind? Sure.

想听点猛料吗,来吧,

Bigfoot's real. No it's not.

大脚怪是真的,才不是

Did you say... Bigfoot is real.

你居然...大脚怪是真的

No it's not. Listen to me skeptismo.

才不是,听我说,怀疑论者,

There are 1.7 million known species on the planet

地球上有170万种已知生物

and biologists estimate

生物学家估计

this represents only a quarter of the total species on the planet.

这只是地球物种总数的四分之一

The other three quarters are microscopic.

其余四分之三都是微生物

How do you know? I don't know.

你怎么知道,我猜的,

But if the other three quarters were Bigfoot

但如果那四分之三都跟大脚怪一样

they wouldn't be hard to see. They'd be walking up and down the street.

就应该不难找,满大街都是才对

We're gonna step slowly away now.

大家静静地散开吧

Don't mention this to anyone unless you know them really well.

这事儿,不是熟人,千万别说

And even then.

熟人也别说

Pandas were thought to be a myth until 1869.

熊猫直到1869年才被承认

Gorillas were thought to be a myth until 1902.

大猩猩直到1902年才被承认

The giant squid was thought to be a myth until 2004.

巨型乌贼直到2004年才被承认

What's up? Maggie listen to me.

聊什么呢,玛姬,听我说,

Apex predators...

顶级掠食者

species at the top of the food chain...

也就是食物链最顶端的物种

have the smallest numbers and move in the tiniest packs.

它们总数最少,群聚数量也少

Is this Bigfoot?

你说的是大脚怪吗

Species diversity is greatest in the rain forests.

物种多样性在热带雨林中尤为明显

Stop. Just don't even... stop.

停,别提...闭嘴

What are you doing?

你又在干什么

Trying to work.

努力工作

Do you see there's a party happening around you?

你看得出来,大家在开派对吧

I'm okay.

我无所谓

Sometimes it's hard to tell who the biggest nerd in the office is.

真不知道你俩,谁的书呆子气更重

Could there be an apex predator primate...

会不会有这么一种顶级掠食灵长类...

Not today though.

今天是不会了

Kaylee.

凯莉

You guys haven't met Kaylee yet.

你们还没见过凯莉吧

Is this a new girlfriend?

是你的新女友吗

Girlfriend's a strong word.

"女友"这词太正式了

Really?

是吗

Hey baby. Hey.

你好,宝贝,你好,

Get me drunk. Done.

把我灌醉,没问题

Come on join the party. I will.

来玩吧,我会的,

I just want to finish this for Will.

等我把威尔布置的任务完成

What is it?

什么任务

Stories we missed this year or didn't give enough attention to.

这一年我们忽视了,或没有足够重视的事件

Want some help? Sure.

要帮忙吗,好啊,

Yeah take this stack here and anything you think is...

这一摞给你,找出你认为...

Anything we missed. Or didn't give enough attention to.

忽视了的,或没有足够重视的,

Bigfoot's real and I don't think anyone reported it.

"大脚怪是真的"还没人报道过

Hey Don. Circle it.

唐,标记一下,

You look really nice tonight.

你今晚真美

Yeah? God definite... yes.

真的吗,绝对是真的,

Yeah. Definitely.

真的,绝对的

Yeah I don't mean to be...

我没打算要...

Shoot Don's here.

该死,唐来了

I'm sorry. It's no problem. I was almost done.

抱歉,没事,反正我也快弄完了,

Well don't you know...

那个,也别...

take a couple hours off. I will.

休息一会儿,我会的,

Will you?

真的会吗

'Cause it's a party. Have you ever been to one?

这可是在开派对,你去过派对吗,

I have been to over three of them.

去过至少三个呢

Maggie.

玛姬

See you later.

一会儿见

Oh man. Look at you.

天哪,看看你

You look at me.

看看我

I had to get a crew off the clock. Did I miss anything?

我刚才赶着做节目,错过什么好戏没(10点档节目,11点结束)

Neal won't rest until he gets Will to do a story on Bigfoot.

尼尔不依不饶地想让威尔报道大脚怪

Did Bigfoot do something?

大脚怪干了什么吗

Bigfoot can't do anything. He's not real.

大脚怪什么也干不了,它根本不存在

That's what they said about the moon landing.

当年大家还说登月是假的呢

I believe you've had a cocktail.

你鸡尾酒喝多了吧

Men have cocktails.

男人就该喝鸡尾酒

Carrie Bradshaw has drinks.

凯莉·布雷萧那样才喝烈酒(HBO《欲望城市》中的角色,相当保守)

Nope the other way around.

才怪,恰恰相反

Doesn't matter. I'm fun Don tonight.

无所谓,今晚我是欢脱唐

I love fun Don.

我爱欢脱唐

Where have I seen this dress before?

我见过这裙子

On Lisa.

利萨的

She let me raid her closet.

我洗劫了她的衣柜

I think you should never take it off.

你应该永远穿着它

Except when you take it off.

除了你不穿衣服时

Now speaking of your roommate I had a great idea.

说到你的室友,我有个好主意

Soundproofing her bedroom? Mmm fixing her up with Jim.

给她那屋贴上隔音板,撮合她和吉姆,

Are you kidding?

开玩笑吧

I feel like I owe him one.

我欠他个人情

Then why would you unleash Lisa on him?

那你还拿利萨攻他

They'll get along.

他们会合得来的

She works in a boutique.

她卖女装的

Here she is. Lisa. Wait don't.

她来了,利萨,别这样,

This is the worst fixup ever.

这是有史以来最烂的牵线了

I'm not talking about having him take a bride.

又没让他娶她

I'm talking about... Getting him laid.

只是...让他有妞陪,

starting off the new year with a bang. ...with a bang. Yeah.

让他能够炮迎新年,炮迎新年,

You see what I did?

心有灵犀呀

You made it. Yeah.

你来了,是啊,

Am I wearing a huge sign that says dateless on New Year's Eve?

我身上是不是写着"除夕夜没有伴"

No but that dress sends a message loud and clear.

没有,但这裙子传递着很强的信号

Do I look slutty?

我穿得很放荡吗

Absolutely. No. Don!

非常,不会,唐,

In the best way.

我是夸你

I wasn't going for slutty. I was going for...

我没想放荡,我是...

If you want my body and you think I'm sexy?

如果你想要我,压制不住欲火?

Come on sugar let me know.

宝贝,你就快点告诉我?

I like Rod Stewart.

我是斯图尔特粉

Yeah. So I've got a guy for you.

是啊,我给你介绍个小伙

No you don't. A guy here?

不要,在这儿吗,

Yeah. No.

对,不对,

Is it another loser that doesn't have a date on New Year's Eve?

跟我一样,除夕夜没有伴的衰人吗

He's not a loser. Yes he's a huge loser.

不是衰人,是个大衰人,

What the hell is going on? What the hell is going on?

怎么回事,怎么回事,

She works in fashion Don.

她搞时装的,唐

No offense Lis.

没有冒犯的意思

I don't even know what I'm supposed to be offended by.

我都不知道哪里冒犯我了

But I can talk about other things. I don't have to talk about fashion.

我也能聊其它话题,不是只懂时装

I know you can. Give me a topic.

我相信你,给我个话题,

What's happening with the Greek debt crisis?

希腊债务危机

There's a huge crisis in Greece.

希腊陷入危机

They're in a lot of debt. See?

欠了很多债,瞧,

Are you serious?

你是认真的吗

That's more than most people know.

她比一般人知道的都多

You see the guy over there?

看到那边的小伙了吗

The cute sweetlooking puppy dog guy

那个表情憨乎乎的

with the stupid look on his face? He is cute.

可爱呆萌的小狗狗,很可爱嘛,

Why is he working? He has a job.

他怎么还在工作,他有活要忙,

So right there he's a leg up on your usual diet.

单凭这点,就强过你以往的对象了

His name's Jim Harper. He's a senior producer.

他叫吉姆·哈珀,高级制片人

He's a bright guy.

他人很聪明

He's not the creative director for an imaginary Internet startup.

不是那种幻想着靠网站发家致富的人

He calls his mother. I'm sure he's nice

他还很孝顺,我相信你,

but I don't think I'm in the mood for a fixup.

可我现在没有约会的心情

Why not? I don't know I'm just coming off a relationship.

为什么,我才刚结束了一段感情,

Of 10 days. I've bought milk before your relationship started

才谈了十天,我买的牛奶都还没过期

that was still good to drink after it ended.

你们就已经分了

I don't think so.

哪有

No it's true. I can show you the milk.

是真的,牛奶为证

She doesn't need to be fixed up honey.

她不需要牵线,亲爱的

I didn't say that she needed to be fixed up.

我没说她需要牵线

It's 10 minutes before midnight.

再过十分钟就到午夜了

No guy wants to be fixed up 10 minutes before midnight.

没人想在午夜前十分钟被撮合

Besides I'm not his type. I can tell.

再说我能看出来,我不是他的菜

You're everybody's type. You're the girl next door. Let's go.

你是大众情人,邻家女孩,跟我来

Next door to what?

邻着哪儿的家

That nickname's really gonna stick huh?

这绰号看来是甩不掉了啊

It has endured. It's a compliment.

经久不衰,我这是夸你

Jimmy Olsen was a gogetter.

吉姆·奥尔森很勤快呢

Yeah but strictly speaking he was a photojournalist.

但严格来讲,他只是个拍照的

In fact when DC Comics first introduced...

而且,他在DC漫画中首次出场...

Yeah shut up. This is Maggie's roommate Lisa.

闭嘴,这是玛姬的室友利萨

Oh hey. It's nice to meet you.

很高兴认识你

Nice to meet you too. I've heard a lot about you.

我也是,她常提起你,

I've heard a lot about... not a lot.

她也常...不怎么

Maggie's... she's mentioned you once I think.

玛姬...提过你,一次

Lisa went to Parsons

利萨毕业于帕森设计学院(1896年成立于纽约的艺术学校)

and she works at a very highend boutique in the Village.

现就职于格林威治村的一家高档女装店(纽约曼哈顿南部下西城的一个大型居住区)

Nice.

不错啊

So why don't you take Lisa out onto the terrace

不如你带利萨去天台走走

where you can watch one million people in Times Square

能俯瞰几百万人挤在时代广场

waiting for the world's biggest nonevent?

翘首期盼新年屁事

Maggie and I are going to get some drinks and we'll meet you out there.

我和玛姬去拿点喝的,天台上见

Jim has to work. Not at 11:50 on New Year's Eve.

吉姆还有工作,不差这十分钟,

Grab some coats.

穿上外套

Tess. Yeah?

苔丝,怎么,

Kill me. Kill me now.

杀了我,快杀了我

Do it now. Huh?

现在就杀了我,啥,

Congress cut our investigations to 20% of what they promised.

国会把允诺的调查费用降到20%

We were supposed to get 165 million.

我们本应拿到1.65亿

But after rolling over to the GOP they only gave us 30.

共和党控制国会后,只给了我们三千万

How's it going in here? Good.

谈得如何,不错,

Wade says the House cut 80% of the DOJ's budget

众议院将司法部用来打击金融犯罪的预算

to fight financial crime.

砍掉了80%

He was just telling me.

他刚说了

For every one of me the Justice Department can hire

司法部雇一名我这样的律师

the banks can hire 20 and afford to stay in litigation forever.

银行就能雇20个,无限期地拖延诉讼

You think Big Tobacco throws money at this shit?

别以为只有烟草三巨头在往里边砸钱(分别为菲利普莫里斯,雷诺兹美国与罗瑞拉德公司)

Meet Goldman. Meet Lehman.

还有高盛,雷曼兄弟

Meet B of A and meet Countrywide.

美国银行,国家金融服务公司

Honey are you saying the

亲爱的,你的意思是

United States of America is getting outlawyered?

美利坚合众国缺律师了吗

Don't call him honey. It makes me crazy.

别叫他亲爱的,听着难受

I didn't say that. It came out of my mouth. Just words.

不是我说的,话自己蹦出来的

Yes we are getting outlawyered.

没错,我们缺律师

That is a story we're missing.

这正是我们忽略了的故事

Let me talk to Mac a second. All right? Great.

让我跟麦肯单独谈谈,当然,

I'll be outside. Great.

我在外面等你,好的,

You can't have your boyfriends lobbying me to go easier on them.

别让你的男友们来劝我放水

Hang on he wasn't lobbying for you to go easier.

等等,他不是在劝你放水

He was pitching a story.

他是给你提供故事

I've got a staff of paid professionals to do that.

我有专人负责提供故事

Mostly by using inside sources like Wade.

专人也需要内部线人,比如韦德

And it's not boyfriends. It's one boyfriend.

另外,没有"们"就一个男友

So he's your boyfriend? I guess he is.

那他确实是你男友,我想是的,

I mean that's what you call him?

你就这么叫他吗

I call him Wade.

我叫他韦德

When you introduce him do you say... Yes!

你向别人介绍时,管他叫,是的,

How do you introduce the Netflix queue of crazy divorced women

你又怎么向别人介绍,与你共度良宵的

with digitally remastered breasts you spend your nights with?

那一丛丛胸怀大器的离婚疯女人

You see anyone with me right now?

你看我现在有伴儿吗

Of course not. If you'd asked someone out on New Year's Eve

现在当然不会,若是除夕夜约人

that would mean you were in a real relationship.

就表示你对感情是认真的

Oh please. Tell me more about real relationships.

拜托多教教我,什么叫对感情认真

I'm not keeping myself in jail anymore.

我不要再把自己困在牢笼中了

What does that mean? He's my boyfriend.

什么意思,他是我的男友,

We're serious. I want a partner.

我们是认真的,我想有个伴侣

That is so romantic. I'd set it to music.

真浪漫,应该配上音乐

Look. I'm glad you're letting yourself out of jail.

听我说,我很高兴你终于解脱牢笼了,

I meant... You owe it to yourself.

我是说,这是你应得的,

Congress defunded the DOJ on financial crime.

国会撤走了司法部打击金融犯罪的资金

I thought you'd want to hear that.

我以为你会想知道

I did.

没错

Come on out to the party.

出来参加聚会

I will.

我会的

All right.

好吧

Fuck it.

去他的

Nice tux. I just came from a different party.

礼服不错,我刚从另一个派对来,

Was it good? Have you ever been to a good New Year's Eve party?

那派对赞吗,有哪个除夕派对是赞的吗,

No. I've never enjoyed myself on December 31st.

没,12月31号我从来没开心过,

No one ever has. I can tell you for me

没人开心过,就拿我来说吧

there was this one time in 10th grade...

我高一的时候...

This is my thing I'm talking about now.

我是在说我的事

Okay. Why don't you talk to someone?

好吧,你为什么不找人聊聊

I don't need a therapist I just don't like New Year's Eve.

我不需要心理医生,我只是讨厌除夕夜

No I'm saying

不,我是说

why don't you go up to someone here at the party and talk to them?

你为什么不找个派对上的人,走上去聊聊

Do people really do that? Talk to people?

大家真的这么做吗,跟人聊天,

Just walk up to them. I've seen it on TV.

直接走上去搭讪,电视上有,

That woman over there she's obviously here alone

那个女人,明显一个人来的

and I'm getting a good feeling about her.

我对她挺有好感

You have good instincts about these things?

你对这类事很有直觉吗

I'm opening up to you. I'm not good at this.

我跟你敞开了说,这事我不擅长

That's really sweet Will. You should let more people see that.

真可爱,威尔,你该对大家多敞开

Yeah yeah yeah what do I do?

行了行了,我该怎么做

Walk up to her and introduce yourself.

走上去,自我介绍呀

I'm gonna do it. You should.

我要去了,去呀,

I'm gonna go talk to her. Talk to her.

我要去跟她聊聊,聊呀,

I'm going. Okay but you're still standing here.

我这就去了,你的脚还没动,

Here I go. Haven't moved.

真的去了,还是没动,

Shut up.

闭嘴

Hi. Excuse me. Am I in your way?

你好,打扰一下,我挡你道了吗,

No I just wanted to introduce myself.

没有,我只想介绍一下自己

I'm Will McAvoy. I know that.

我叫威尔·麦卡沃伊,我知道,

I'm Nina Howard.

我叫妮娜·霍华德

I don't know what to do now.

我不知道接下来该干嘛了

Did you come over to talk to me?

你是过来跟我聊天的吗

Yes.

是的

All right.

那好吧

How'd you get in here?

你怎么进来的

I'm a friend of one of the producers on "ACN Morning."

我朋友是"ACN早新闻"的制片人

Day side. Uhoh.

日间档

Oh day side and prime time don't get along?

日间档跟黄金档水火不容吗

Jets and the Sharks.

火箭帮和鲨鱼帮(电影《西区故事》中的两个少年流氓帮派)

Well maybe we could be like Tony and Maria.

那我们也许能成为托尼和玛利亚(电影《西区故事》中的情侣,各身处敌对帮派)

Why is Will talking to Nina Howard?

威尔怎么在跟妮娜·霍华德聊天

You know who she is? She's a gossip columnist for "TMI."

你认识她,TMI的八卦专栏作家,

Oh he shouldn't be talking to her.

那他不该跟她聊了

I know. Why is he? I may have suggested it.

就是啊,那他还...可能是我建议的,

Why? You were here with Wade and he seemed lonely.

为什么,你跟韦德在一起,他有点寂寞,

Excuse me.

失陪

Hi. Hi.

嗨,嗨,

Hi. I'm so sorry.

嗨,很抱歉,

Can I talk to you a moment? Really?

可以借一步说话吗,真的吗,

Yeah. She wants to warn you that I'm a gossip columnist.

对,她想警告你我是八卦专栏作家,

Oh that's not it. I promise.

不是那样的,我保证

She's a gossip columnist. No she writes features.

她是八卦专栏作家,她写的是专题,

"TMI" had Jennifer Aniston on the cover this week.

TMI这周的封面是詹妮弗·安妮斯顿,

You know who they had last week? Jennifer Aniston.

你知道上周是谁吗,詹妮弗·安妮斯顿

Know who they had the week before? Are you a subscriber?

再上一周呢,你订阅了,

They have it at my nail place.

我在美甲店里看的

Oh do you go to Cuticles? Yes.

你去靓甲坊吗,去啊,

BaLing? Yes.

巴林呢,也去,

I'm walking away from this. No Will.

我听不下去了,不,威尔,

Yeah my instincts may have been wrong.

我的直觉可能是错的

It's New Year's Eve. I don't care if she writes for "Mein Kampf."

现在是除夕夜,她写《我的奋斗》我也不在乎(希特勒的自传)

Really? You're setting up my boyfriend?

真的吗,你在撮合我男友

Not my boyfriend. Just words. Hi. What about your boyfriend?

我没说男友,蹦出来的话,你男友咋了,

Hey handsome. Nice.

嘿,帅哥,好极了,

You know it's only a few minutes before midnight.

再过几分钟就是午夜了

Yeah we've got clocks everywhere.

对啊,楼里到处都是钟

So I say you kiss me at midnight

不如,你在午夜吻我

and we see what happens from there.

看看接着会发生什么

I'm gonna start to walk up to people more.

我该多多搭讪

I got you a drink.

我帮你拿了一杯

Now you seem lonely and broken to me.

你看起来寂寞又心碎

I do? But don't worry I can fix you.

是吗,别担心,我来抚慰你,

Well if there's one thing a man likes it's a woman who tries to fix him.

男人最喜欢的,莫过于女人的抚慰了

What are you working on right now?

你最近在忙什么

A piece on Brittany Giancarlo.

布兰妮·詹卡洛的一篇文章

I don't know who that is.

不认识

Brittany Giancarlo. She's the young one on "Real Housewives of New Jersey."

布兰妮·詹卡洛,《新泽西的主妇》里年轻的那个(美国真人秀节目)

Oh I've got them all TiVo'd.

我都录下来了

She's a drunk gold digger

她酗酒,傍大款

who's probably cheating with her yoga instructor.

八成还和瑜伽教练偷情

And why are you writing about her?

你为什么写她

I just told you.

刚跟你说了

No I mean sure but what did she do?

我是问,她做了什么

Nothing it's just a takedown piece.

没什么,就是篇攻击报道

A what? A takedown piece.

什么,攻击报道,

I'm gonna take her down.

我要大肆攻击她

Why?

为什么

'Cause that's what you do in a takedown piece genius.

攻击报道,就是要攻击啊,才子,

Nine eight...

九,八

You actually call it a takedown piece?

你真管那个叫攻击报道

Yeah. ...four three

对,四,三,

two one!

二,一,

Happy New Year!

新年快乐

Hang on. What?

等等,怎么,

You're just setting out to be mean to somebody?

你就无端地对别人这么狠吗

And this was going so well. No it could still go well.

本来气氛好好的,气氛能调节回来,

Not if you're going to give me a condescending lecture.

这要看你是否继续对我说教了

I think we both know that's what's going to happen.

我们都知道接下去会发生什么

Didn't I just spend the last six months watching you take down the Tea Party?

你这六个月里,不也一直在攻击茶党吗

Okay first thanks for watching.

首先,谢谢收看

Second I obviously didn't take them down. They won.

第二,显然我没有攻击成功,他们赢了

Third the fact that they did is an enormous danger to A:

第三,他们的当选,第一:大大危害

a great political party... Oh there's subheadings?

一个伟大的政党,哟,二级标题都出来了,

of which I happen to be a member and B:

我还是该党的成员,第二:

an enormous danger to everyone who lives in this country.

也大大危害这个国家的每一个人

Fourth... Fourth?

第四,还有第四,

are people who are asking for our votes.

他们是要拉选票的人,...these

You and I do the same thing for a living.

你我是一路人

That's nuts Nina.

胡说,妮娜

I try to expose the truth about things that are of national importance.

我揭露的是国家大事的真相

Well I'm trying to expose the truth about the fact

我要揭露的也是真相

that Brittany might have had a daughter when she was a teenager

布兰妮可能是少女妈妈

who's now 10 possibly and being taken care of by her mother.

把十岁大的女儿交给她妈照顾

Why is that the concern of anyone except for Brittany?

布兰妮的事,别人瞎操什么心

It's not a concern. It's entertainment.

不是操心,是娱乐消遣

Okay well here's the thing though it shouldn't be.

问题是,不该这样

Is that right? Of course it's right.

是吗,当然了,

You know it's right. You know right from wrong.

你也明白,你分得清是非

Everybody said you were like this.

大家都说你是这样的人

No no look. You can be part of the change.

听我说,你可以改变这风气

You don't have to write gossip.

你没必要写八卦

I work for a gossip magazine.

八卦就是我的工作

Are we gonna go back to flirting

你是想继续调情

or are you gonna keep putting me down?

还是继续羞辱我

I'm not putting you down. I'm just saying that

我不是羞辱你,我只是说

what you do is a really bad form of pollution

你这种工作,纯粹是在排污

that makes us dumber and meaner and is destroying civilization.

把人们弄得又笨又刻薄,危害文明建设

I'm saying with all possible respect

我这么说,不是对你不敬

that I would have more respect for you if you were a heroin dealer.

只是,相比之下我更敬重毒贩子

And I'm speaking professionally not personally.

我是针对这个职业,不是针对你

Okay Will.

威尔

I'm speaking personally when I say fuck you.

我却要说句针对你的话,去死

And you just passed up a sure thing.

煮熟的鸭子,你都给放过了

Come on hear me out. Don't touch me.

别这样,听我说完,别碰我,

The real lives of people shouldn't be used as entertainment.

私人私事不该被利用来娱乐大众

You can turn this around. I'm not interested.

你可以改变风气,我没兴趣,

What do you think he's doing?

他在干什么

Trying to civilize her.

试着教化她

Oh that's not gonna work out well.

怕是不会有好结果

Hang on looks like it's coming any second.

等着,结果要来了

...that you're on right now.

...你这种职业,

There it is.

来了

Will. Yeah?

威尔,什么事,

I just wanted to introduce my friend Kaylee.

这是我的朋友凯莉

I'm a huge fan. Thank you.

我是您的忠实粉丝,多谢,

I hate to bother you but do you have a second?

不想麻烦您,您现在有时间吗

I've got all the time in the world Neal.

我现在有的是时间

All right Bigfoot is real.

大脚怪是真的

Let me start... Get the hell away from me.

我先说说...马上给我消失,

No problem. Sorry. Come on.

明白,抱歉

Yeah? Have you read the "New York Post"?

什么事,你看纽约邮报了吗,

No my eyes are connected to my brain.

没,我脑子又没进水(纽约邮报专注八卦,读者广但被鄙夷,邮报老板是默多克,因此也偏向共和党)

I'm not sure about that.

我有些怀疑

Let's open to Page Six

我们来翻开《第六版》

which for some reason is on page 10

不知怎么,跑去了第十版

and see what we find.

看看有什么

The headline "Anchor Rancor."

标题,"怨念的主播"

Anchor anchor? Anchor Rancor.

远见的主播,怨念的主播,

Anchor anchor. Rancor.

远见的主播,怨念,

Anchor Rancor.

怨念的主播

Subheader "Will McAvoy gropes in the New Year."

副标题,"威尔·麦卡沃伊,过年不忘非礼"

What?

什么

"ACN's newly minted liberal bloviator

ACN新造就的自由主义演讲家,

made a scene at a private New Year's Eve party

在除夕夜派对上撒泼

at which our spies caught the reengineered lefty firebrand

有人目击这位倒戈的左翼枪手

making a drunken pass at 'TMI' reporter Nina Howard."

酒醉后非礼TMI记者妮娜·霍华德

Whoa Nelly!

给我打住

"But the Tea Party foe got a face full of bubbly

这位茶党仇敌,吃豆腐不成,

instead of what he was looking for."

反被泼了一脸

"McAvoy was wearing a $4000 custommade tuxedo

麦卡沃伊身穿价值四千元的定制礼服,

and a dumb look on his face."

呆若木鸡

There are a couple of factual errors in that story.

这篇报道有两大错误

Please let there be more than a couple.

拜托,千万别只有两条

First of all I'm a registered Republican.

第一,我是注册共和党员

I only seem liberal because I believe that hurricanes

我看着像自由派,是因为我认为

are caused by high barometric pressure and not gay marriage.

导致飓风的原因是高气压,而不是同性婚姻(05年卡特里娜飓风后,有牧师说这是老天对同性婚姻的惩罚)

Second I wasn't making a pass at her.

第二,我没有非礼她

I was rejecting a pass from her

而是不让她非礼我

while trying to talk her out

并同时尝试说服她

of doing what they call at "TMI" a takedown piece

不要写TMI所谓的攻击文章

of one of the "Desperate Housewives of New Jersey."

揭露《新泽西绝望主妇》主演的隐私

"Real Housewives." Who gives a shit?

《新泽西的主妇》谁在乎啊,

Definitely not me. And the tuxedo's off the rack.

我肯定不在乎,礼服也不是定制的,

Did you grope her? No! III...

你非礼她了吗,没有,我,我,

I gently touched her to block her

我轻轻地碰了她一下,为的是阻拦

as she was coming in for a kiss.

当时她正想亲我

I blocked her.

我阻拦了她

I was the victim of an unwanted sexual advance.

我是这场性骚扰的受害者

But more important I was fighting the good fight.

但更重要的是,我在为正义而斗争

Why were you fighting any fight?

你斗争个什么

I was trying to get her to not write the takedown piece.

我想劝说她,不要写什么攻击文章

Why? Why?

为什么,为什么,

Yeah. I'll tell you why.

对,我告诉你为什么,

Because I'm on a mission to civilize.

因为我要教化众生

How's it going so far? Progress is slow

进展如何,不太顺利,

but I'm in it for the long haul.

但我做好了打持久战的准备

You want Publicity to draft a statement?

你要公关部起草一份声明吗

About the mission? The Page Six piece.

关于我的教化任务,关于这报道,

Absolutely not. Good.

清者自清,好,

What did you call me up here for? Mostly to laugh at you.

你喊我过来干什么,主要是嘲笑你,

But I also wanted to share an observation.

但我也想和你分享我的一个发现

Go. You're dating.

说吧,你开始约会了,

I am. I've decided to live my life as if I'm alive.

没错,我决定要过正常人的生活

I am all for it.

我鼎力支持

But I've noticed that the women you date all have one thing in common.

但我发现,你约会的女人都有一个共同点

I am a leg man.

我是大腿控

No these are all women who

不,这些女人

in a million years you would not want to spend any daylight hours with.

就算太阳打西边出来,你也绝不会对他们有感情

What do you make of that?

你有意见吗

You're asking out the wrong women.

你在和错误的人约会

I'm not an elitist. Be one.

我不挑剔,挑一挑行不行,

No comment on this shit Charlie. I'm not kidding.

谁都不许回应,查理,不开玩笑

And I'd also like to know who at my party was tipping Page Six.

我还想知道,是谁给纽约邮报透的消息

I'll launch a fullscale investigation. Thank you.

我会立案调查,多谢,

How much was the tux?

礼服到底多少钱

It was... it was like...

那个,大概

it was 4000 bucks.

就是四千

Now!

现在

What's happening now?

怎么回事

In this order Tess Tamara Gary

按以下顺序,苔丝,塔玛拉,格雷

Maggie Kendra Martin Neal and Jim

玛姬,肯德拉,马丁,尼尔,吉姆

thought it would be funny.

都觉得这样很好玩

And you? Peer pressure.

你呢,不得已而为之,

I didn't grope anybody.

我没非礼谁

I was holding her at bay while I clarified...

我只是挡着她,同时告诉她...

it doesn't matter. I'm on a mission to civilize.

算了,我是在教化众生

I'm Don Quixote. I'm Don Quixote.

我是堂吉诃德,我才是堂吉诃德,

Have you even read "Don Quixote"?

你读过《堂吉诃德》没

In the original French. It was written in Spanish.

法文原版,原版是西班牙文,

Not my copy. I could have read it in Spanish?

我那本不是,有西班牙文版可以看

You could have read it in English.

你读英文版还差不多

Well there's a year and a half of my life I'm not getting back.

跟你吵架,又浪费了我一年半的生命

Sit down. All right.

坐好了

Jim was working on New Year's Eve on stories we either missed

除夕夜,吉姆在整理去年被我们忽视

or didn't pay enough attention to in 2010.

或没有足够重视的一些新闻事件

Not all New Year's Eve. He found some time to take a little break.

不是整晚,他有休息了一会儿

Pardon? Nothing.

什么,没事,

We'll do five minutes a night every night this week.

本周我们每晚会花五分钟来报道

I've boiled them down to these and

我先精简了一遍

Will you can boil them down to what you want.

威尔,你再精简你想要的

I'm out there on the front lines fighting for civility.

我身在教化众生的前线

You picked her up at a party.

你是在派对上和她搭讪

I didn't pick her up. I walked up...

我没有和她搭讪,我只是走上去...

and can I say in my defense did you see her legs?

再说了,你们看她那条腿

All right that'll do.

够了

First up the Chilean miners.

第一条,智利矿工被困

We stuck with the Christine O'Donnell debate in Delaware

当时为报道克里斯汀·奥唐奈的参议院辩论(受茶党支持的共和党保守派,2010年参选特拉华州参议员,后落选)

instead of cutting away to the rescue.

而放弃了矿工救援报道

I'll let everyone know that they came out all right.

矿工早就已经脱险了

You're the one who wanted these.

这可是你的主意

Next? Next.

下一个,下一个,

I wouldn't mind following up

我觉得可以跟进报道

on the bribery charges Nigeria filed against Cheney.

尼日利亚向切尼提出的诉讼

Next.

下一个

Conflict of interest with Virginia Thomas and the voicemail message...

弗吉尼亚·托马斯的留言事件...

Next. Tess?

下一个,苔丝,

Now I'm frightened to say it. Say it.

我不敢说了,说,

May 27 the iPad was released. Lines went around the block...

5月27日iPad上市,购买者排起长龙...

Get the hell out of the meeting. Yeah.

滚出会议室,好的,

Sit down.

坐下

Where are the real ones?

有意义的新闻哪去了

The lies. Lies.

谎言,给我谎言

Why doesn't the news ever call a lie a lie but we know it's a lie?

为什么从没有人在新闻里揭穿那些谎言

Jim Maggie.

吉姆,玛姬

It was during the week of the midterms so we were doing other things

我们忙于报道中期选举那周(即上集的国会选举)

but the idea that Obama spent $200 million a day on a trip to India

谣言称奥巴马印度之行,每日花费高达两亿

is still in the water supply.

现在还有人在传

We could deconstruct how that happened.

我们可以对此深究一番

Sold. What else?

这个行,还有吗

Guns. What about them?

枪支,接着说,

Everyone from Wayne LaPierre to Glenn Beck is shouting

从韦恩·拉比尔到格林·贝克

that Obama is coming to get our guns

很多人都叫嚣说奥巴马要没收我们的枪支

when there's no evidence to suggest

却毫无证据显示

that Obama's the least bit interested in our guns.

奥巴马对我们的枪支有丝毫兴趣

Show me the lack of evidence and I'm in.

证明他们毫无证据,我就做

Anything else? Yes.

还有吗,有,

I don't know how else to say this.

我不知该怎么说

Bigfoot is... Great.

大脚怪...散会

Not because they don't want to limit your rights

他们并非不想限制你的个人权利

but because they're afraid of the political consequences.

他们只是害怕由此所带来的政治后果

Coming back to you Will.

转回给你,威尔

Don't doubt for a minute that

千万别被骗了

if they thought they could get away with it

要是他们认为不会有后果

they would ban guns and ban ammunition.

绝对会立马禁止枪支和弹药

Stand by 177.

177号带准备

That was former governor Sarah Palin

刚才是前州长萨拉·佩林

speaking to the National Rifle Association last year.

于去年,向全国步枪协会做的演说

Here's Fox News host Glenn Beck on the same subject.

以下是FOX新闻主播格伦·贝克对此的观点

Go 177.

进177号带

He will slowly but surely take away your gun.

他会缓慢但毫不手软地夺走你手中的枪支

And here's NRA executive vice president

接下来是全国步枪协会的执行副主席

Wayne LaPierre speaking at CPAC

韦恩·拉比尔在CPAC

the Conservative Political Action Conference.

即保守派政治行动会议上的发言

Go 178.

进178号带

But it's a big fat stinking lie.

这是一个弥天大谎

Just like all the other lies that have come out

就像这个腐败的政府所说的

of this corrupt administration.

其它谎言一样

Would you put this guy on a list of the top 10 craziest people in politics?

你觉得他能排进政界疯人榜前十吗

That's a tough list to crack.

这个榜单还真难排

Yeah I know this looks like a big juicy ribeye to you

我知道这看着就像肥嫩的牛排一样诱人

but show some restraint now and let the facts speak for themselves.

但你千万要克制,让事实说话

Any other tips? Try not to get distracted by his legs.

还有什么建议吗,别被他的腿吸引,

Here we go. That's their agenda.

到你了,这就是他们的计划,

And radio host Rush Limbaugh

广播电台主持人拉什·林堡(右翼电台主持人,言论偏激,极右翼忠实听众很多)

has repeatedly warned to his listeners

一再警告听众

to go out and buy guns before President Obama outlaws them all.

趁奥巴马还没禁枪前,赶快去买枪

The result? In November 2008

结果如何呢,2008年11月

the month Mr. Obama was elected

奥巴马获选的当月

there was a 42% spike in gun background checks

接受"犯罪背景速查"的购枪申请人数(枪械经销商在卖枪前,需提出申请,由FBI核实枪械购买者有无犯罪记录)

as compared to the same month the year before.

较前一年同期,猛增了42%

Stand by G17 through 22.

G17至22准备

The country's largest antigun lobby

国内最大的反枪支团体

is called the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence

"布雷迪防止枪支暴力运动"

named for James Brady President Reagan's press secretary

名字源于里根的新闻秘书,詹姆斯·布雷迪

who was shot in the head during John Hinckley's

他在约翰·欣克利对第四十届总统

assassination attempt on the 40th president.

的刺杀行动中,头部中枪

The Brady Organization gives grades to elected officials

布雷迪组织根据本届政府在枪支管理

based on their record and

以及枪支立法方面的表现

leadership with regard to gun legislation

对这届政府进行评级

with an "A" Being the most antigun and so on.

按禁枪力度,进行"优良中差"评级

In spite of Governor Palin Glenn Beck

尽管佩林州长,格伦·贝克

Rush Limbaughand the Director of the NRA

拉什·林堡,以及步枪协会领导人

telling us emphatically

一再地告诫我们

that Barack Obama has a secret plan to get our guns

奥巴马将秘密地夺走我们手中的枪支

here's the president's report card.

总统的绩效如何呢

Background checks? F.

犯罪背景速查,差评

Gun trafficking? F.

非法枪支交易,差评

Guns in public? F.

公共场合携带枪支,差评

Federal assault weapons ban? F.

联邦突击武器禁止法案,差评

Standing up to the gun lobby? F.

对抗枪支游说团体,差评

Not only has no attempt whatsoever been made to dismantle

奥巴马上任后的这两年内

the Second Amendment during Barack Obama's first two years in office

不仅没有任何废除第二修正案的意向,该修正案规定公民有持枪权

the president has signed into law more repeals of federal gun policies

由他签署废除的联邦枪支管理法案数量

than George W. Bush did during his entire eight years in the White House.

超过小布什八年任期内签署的数量

In fact these grades would indicate that President Obama

事实数据都说明,奥巴马总统

is the best friend the NRA has ever had in elected office

是步枪协会在历届政府中最好的朋友

to say nothing of the Oval Office.

更不用说与历任总统相比了

Why are Sarah Palin Glenn Beck Rush Limbaugh

为何萨拉·佩林,格伦·贝克,拉什·林堡

and the head of the NRA so colossally lying to you?

及步枪协会领导人都要骗你呢

I don't know. But I know when they do

我也不知道,但我知道在他们的谎言下

ratings go up political contributions go up

支持率上升,政治捐款上升

membership in the NRA goes up

步枪协会的会员数上升

the president's approval rating goes down

总统的支持率下降

and gun sales go through the freaking roof.

而枪支销量则大幅飙升

We'll be right back.

广告后回来

You'll need to get used to dating a guy who gets off work at 9:00.

你得慢慢习惯和九点才能下班的男人约会

Hey not dating. One date.

没必要,就这一次而已

No stop it. Maggie I'm not...

别这么说,玛姬,我不想...

It's fine. It's not in the vicinity of fine.

别紧张,怎能不紧张,

Listen to me. This is crazy.

听我说,你这样太离谱了

I agree. Nope keep listening.

我也觉得,听我说下去,

I have a boyfriend who I love.

我有心爱的男朋友

And I should have fixed you up with Jim a long time ago.

我早该撮合你和吉姆

Even if that were true It is true.

即便是这样,就是这样,

Even if it was... even if... It is. It

即便是...就是

Let me talk! Sorry.

让我说话,对不起,

He's... But it is.

他肯定会...就是

He's gonna think I'm dumb.

他肯定会觉得我很笨

No he's not. Who told you that?

他不会的,谁跟你说的

No he's not. Lis' you're not dumb.

他不会的,利萨,你不笨

Look at me. You're not dumb.

看着我,你一点不笨

You go out with guys who make you feel dumb.

你以前交往的男人,让你觉得自己笨

And Jim's not like that.

吉姆不是那样的人

That's one of the things that makes him...

这也他唯一...

Trust me. I've never been on a date with him

相信我,虽然我没约会过他

but I imagine...

但我想象...

You imagine what and how often?

你想象什么,经常想象吗

That it would be fun... is all I was gonna say.

我只想说,跟他约会一定很有趣

You're not dumb.

你不笨

I'm just nervous.

我只是有点紧张

I know. Your skirt's on backwards.

我知道,你的裙子穿反了

Damn it. And this is my field of expertise.

该死,穿衣打扮还算是我的专长呢

Yeah.

是啊

Oh! Oh my God. I'm freezing.

天哪,我快冻死了

I've got a real fireplace with real fire.

我家有真正可以生火的壁炉哦

You do? Well what about some dry clothes I can change into?

是吗,那有没有能换的干衣服

Take whatever you want in the bedroom. It's right around the corner.

卧室里随便拿,就在拐角处

Not the yellow taffeta sundress.

别穿那条黄色塔夫绸背心裙

This is your fault.

这都怪你

I'm not the one who said "Let's walk off dinner."

我可没说要"饭后走走,消化一下"

I had to walk off dinner

我必须饭后走走

because you made me order the $135 macaroni and cheese.

你逼我点了一份135美元的奶酪通心粉

I really wanted to see what $135 macaroni and cheese looked like.

我实在好奇135美元的奶酪通心粉长什么样

This is a fun date. It is.

今天的约会太好玩了,是啊,

And it's the same as Stouffer's macaroni and cheese

味道和速食的奶酪通心粉一个样,雀巢旗下的冷冻速食品牌

with $134 worth of shaved truffles on top.

只是多了价值134美元的松露片

Sloan said you were fun. Hey do you like to get high?

斯隆说你很有意思,你想不想嗨

I used to but I can't buy pot anymore without it showing up in a newspaper.

以前常嗨,现在不敢买了,怕上报

There's a joint in the side pocket of my purse.

我钱包侧边有支大麻烟

Get it out.

拿出来吧

All right.

Carrie? Yeah?

卡丽,怎么了,

Can we talk about the gun that's in your purse?

能不能先谈谈你钱包里的枪

I'm a southern liberal dude.

我是南部自由派,老兄

It's northern liberals who are afraid of sex and guns.

北部自由派才害怕性和枪支呢

Well both at the same time

我怕的是两样同时出现

and I'm a Republican from Nebraska.

再说,我是内布拉斯加的共和党人

But you mind if I...

你介意我...

You're disarming. Get it.

你很会缴械,听懂了吗

Here's the thing...

事情是这样...

Yeah yeah I saw the show tonight.

我明白,我看了今晚的节目

I'm a liberal's liberal. I worked for Hillary.

我是自由派里的自由派,我为希拉里工作过

You were dead wrong on guns.

你对枪支问题的意见大错特错

I didn't take a position on guns.

我对枪支问题不持任何意见

I took a position on lying. I came out against it.

我只是反对撒谎

Well if I'm walking the streets of Manhattan at night

如果我晚上在曼哈顿的街上走着

and a guy your size wants to rape me

一个和你体型相仿的男人想强奸我

then this is gonna happen.

我就会这样

Actually statistics show that this is gonna happen.

其实,数据表明,会是这样

Is it wrong that I'm turned on by that?

我反而兴奋了,是不是很邪恶

Yes.

当然

What'd you think of her?

你觉得她如何

Yeah what'd you think of her Will?

是啊,你觉得她如何,威尔

Oh sorry.

抱歉

She was packing heat. Didn't I tell you?

她身上带枪,早跟你说她身材很呛了,

No Sloan she was armed.

不,斯隆,她带着枪

...Waverly Inn to my apartment ...

从韦弗利酒馆到我的公寓,

with a loaded .38 caliber Walther PPK/S.

带着把上了膛的三八口径沃尔特自动手枪

Are you going out with her again? No.

你还会约她出去吗,不会,

Oh you have to. No I don't think so.

你必须再约她,我才不,

30 seconds. Get your mics on.

倒计时30秒,把麦克风戴上,

No she's gonna call me and call me

别啊,她会不停地打我电话

asking why you're not calling her.

问我为什么你不给她打电话

That would happen after a second date too wouldn't it?

多约一次,会有什么不同吗

Listen just wait a while before you show up

听着,消停段时间

again in Page Six with a different woman.

再带着其他女人出现在《第六版》

She's super jealous.

她嫉妒心很重

You haven't seen the crazy side of her.

你还没见过她抓狂的样子

You set me up with a crazy woman who can shoot me.

你介绍给我一个会崩了我的女疯子

"Fatal Attraction" with a concealed carry permit.

她这是《致命吸引力》手枪升级版,

I'm tagging you back. That's totally fair.

麻烦丢给你了,完全接受,

You're supposed to be the smartest person on the staff.

你应该是员工里最聪明的才对

You have two PhDs. In Economics.

你是双学位博士啊,只是经济学,

This is an area where I do not excel.

感情方面我可不擅长

Oh thanks for the heads up.

真是多谢提醒了

In three two...

三,二...

Terry Smith is coming up next in Washington with the "Capitol Report."

下面由泰利·史密斯为您带来《国会报告》

I'm Will McAvoy. Good night.

我是威尔·麦卡沃伊,大家晚安

Good show everybody.

节目很棒,伙计们

Good show.

干得好

Yeah I don't know.

还不够

The economy we're still nibbling around the edges.

经济问题,我们进展很慢

We can't get it all done in one night.

不可能一晚上全做完的

They're gonna rip DoddFrank limb from limb.

保守派要把多德弗兰克法案大卸八块

I don't know how many more nights we have left.

我们不剩多少个晚上了

Hey speaking... speaking of nights

说到...说到夜晚

I never asked... I forgot to ask you how your date went.

我还没...我忘了问你的约会怎样啦

It went fine.

还行

Do you think you'll be seeing her again?

你还会再约她吗

I don't think so. Why?

不会,为什么,

Just one of those things.

就是那样咯

Not a love connection?

不来电

...broccoli and combine cauliflower and string beans.

...西兰花,再加上花椰菜和豆角,

So elephant in the room.

某件事还是摊开来说比较好

Yeah.

确实

When I told my friend I was going out with you tonight

当我和闺蜜说,今晚要和你约会

she sent me Monday's Page Six.

她给我看了周一的《第六版》

Okay I met a woman named Nina Howard at our New Year's Eve party.

新年派对上,我遇见一个叫妮娜·霍华德的女人

It turned out she writes for "TMI."

发现她为TMI写文章

I asked her what she was working on

我就问她写些什么

and she told me she was doing what she called a takedown story.

她说正在写一篇"攻击文章"

I'm on a mission to civilize

我一心教化大众

so I tried to talk her out of it

就试图说服她别写

and she didn't take it well.

她接受不了,生气了

A mission to civilize? I walk a lonely road.

教化大众,吾道孤单啊,

What was the story she was doing?

她写的是什么内容

Um Brittany DiFranklengonio

布兰妮什么的...

from the New Jersey... the Real Naked...

新泽西的真裸...

Wait Brittany Giancarlo?

什么,布兰妮·詹卡洛

That sounds right.

听着像

Yeah she has a 10yearold daughter

她有个十岁的女儿

that she allegedly gave to her mother.

据说给了她妈妈抚养

Shut up.

不是吧

And they actually call it a takedown piece.

他们居然真称之为攻击文章

That is so typically Brittany.

太典型的布兰妮作风了

Yeah it is.

是啊

She had a kid she gave up?

她有过小孩,又放弃抚养了

I have no idea. I don't even know if the kid is real.

我不知道,小孩都未必是真的

What I'm talking about... I knew she was a liar

我是说,我就知道她是个谎话精,

when she didn't invite Wendy to her game night.

难怪不请温迪去她的游戏之夜

When she got busted she made everyone lie to cover her ass.

被发现后,还让在场所有人替她撒谎

What kind of person does that?

什么人呐这是

I don't know.

不知道

Oh and she's having an affair with her yoga instructor.

她还和瑜伽教练有一腿

My therapist told me that.

我的心理医生告诉我的

Your therapist really...

你的心理医生可真...

She knows I can keep a secret.

她知道我口风很严

She's an awesome judge of character.

她看人可真准

Brittany? Your therapist.

布兰妮吗,你的心理医生,

'Cause Brittany's a bitch. No you are.

因为布兰妮是个婊子,你才是,

Okay let's hold it right there and review the situation

等等,暂停回顾一下情况

because when I said "You" What I meant was "We."

我说"你"其实意思是"我们"

I meant I'm not concerned about Brittany.

我一点都不在意布兰妮

She signed up for this. I'm concerned about the rest of us

她自愿上电视的,我担心的是其他人

who are being turned into a bunch of old ladies with hair dryers on our heads

全都变成了头戴干发帽的老太太

gorging ourselves on the staged mis...

沉迷于别人故意安排的错...

it's just... God it's so plainly bad Monica.

就是...神啊,这样不好,莫妮卡

It's called a guilty pleasure.

这叫内疚并快乐着

The chocolate souffle on this menu is a guilty pleasure.

菜单上的巧克力蛋奶酥才叫内疚并快乐着

The Archies singing "Sugar Sugar" is a guilty pleasure.

阿奇乐队唱《蜜糖蜜糖》才叫内疚并快乐着(六七十年代卡通剧《阿齐的一家》中的虚拟乐团)

Human cockfighting makes us mean and desensitizes...

人们争来斗去,变得又刻薄又麻木

Wait are you saying that I'm mean and insensitive?

等等,你是说我又刻薄又麻木吗

You... you are a smart accomplished woman.

你...你是个聪颖有成的女人

You work for a US Senator.

并供职于美国议员

Am I mean and insensitive?

我又刻薄又麻木吗

Yes but thank goodness you met me in time.

是,但所幸你及时遇上了我

Because now...

因为现在...

I can't believe how often this is happening.

这也忒频繁了

He said he wasn't that into her.

他说了对她没感觉

Why are you so eager to make this happen?

你一个局外人急什么

When did you get interested in Jim's life?

你怎么突然间这么关心吉姆了

Or Lisa's life?

或是利萨

I just asked how did the date go.

我就随便问了一句

But I'll tell you what's strange.

但有件事很奇怪

What? Jim's lying to you.

什么,吉姆说谎了,

About what?

什么谎

Lisa told me they were going out again tonight.

利萨告诉我,他俩今晚又要约会

That's Lisa saying she's hoping they go out again tonight.

利萨的意思是,她希望今晚又能约会

Ah I misunderstood. Yeah.

我误解了,对,

Why would Jim lie about that?

吉姆干嘛要说谎

It's funny I was wondering the same thing.

真奇了,我也在想呢

Why don't you give him a call?

不如你给他打个电话吧

I'm not gonna call and check up on him.

我才不要打电话查岗

Then call him and tell him to look on Politico 'cause I'm reading

那打电话叫他看政客网

that Spencer Bachus told his hometown newspaper today

斯潘塞·巴克斯向家乡的地方报纸表示

that Washington is there to serve the banks. Seriously?

政府理应为银行效力,真的吗,

Spencer Bachus is... I know. Is that a quote?

斯潘塞是...我知道是谁,是原话吗,

"Washington is here to serve the banks."

"政府理应为银行效力"

I actually do have to call Jim. It's an economic story.

我真的得打给吉姆,是经济新闻

That's what I'm saying.

没错,打吧

Can I see that?

电脑借我一下

Hello. Jim it's me.

喂,吉姆,是我,

Yeah? Did I wake you up?

什么事,我吵醒你了吗,

No. Is everything all right?

没有,出什么事了

Go to Politico.

上政客网

The new Chairman of the House Financial Services Committee

新任众议院金融服务委员会主席

told his hometown newspaper

向他家乡的地方报纸表示

that Washington is here to serve the banks.

政府理应为银行效力

Bachus? Yeah. Go to Politico and click on...

巴克斯说的,没错,上政客网然后...

If you want my body and you think I'm sexy

如果你想要我,压制不住欲火?

Come on sugar let me know.

宝贝,你就快点告诉我?

If you really need me just reach out and touch me...

你若真需要我,就伸出手抚摸我?

Jim? Yeah?

吉姆,在,

You know I'll talk to you in the morning.

我还是,明早再和你说吧

Something wrong?

怎么了

She should really change her ringtone.

她真该换个铃声

I can't believe what you just did.

你居然这么做

There is no way I'm the bad guy in what just happened.

刚才那事,我绝对不是坏人

At worst I'm in fourth place.

我最多排第四

Have I done something wrong?

我做错什么了吗

No.

没啊

Good.

那就好

"Serial Sleaze." I can explain this one.

"连环酒袭"我能解释,

"Will McAvoy is making more news when he's not behind his desk.

威尔·麦卡沃伊下班后放出的新闻比节目里还多,

For the second time in a week the ACN anchor

一周内第二次, ACN主播

was humiliated by a drink to the face from an unhappy date

约会时又被泼了一脸酒

when the newlycomeliberal bachelor"... Registered Republican.

这位新晋自由派单身汉,是注册共和党员,

"Stepped out with a bodacious blonde for a late supper at the Mercer Kitchen.

与这位金发靓女就餐于梅氏厨房,

The formerly vanilla host of Atlantis Cable's flagship program

这位原本和气的ACN旗舰节目主播

who many believe has become unglued since an appearance

自去年四月去了一趟西北大学新闻系后

at the Northwestern School of Journalism last April

形象突然大变

seems to like the ladies.

他似乎很喜欢女人

Unfortunately for McAvoy the ladies don't seem to like him back.

很可惜,女士们都不太喜欢他

The kicker? Our spies tell us that McAvoy

猛料来了,爆料者称

who's reported to earn a midseven figure salary

有7位数年薪的麦卡沃伊

stiffed the waiter on his tip."

居然没给小费"

Are you kidding? We didn't get past drinks.

开玩笑,我们连酒都没喝完

I threw $100 on the table.

我在桌上放了100

How much is a vodka martini and a pomegranate cosmo?

一杯伏特加马提尼和一杯石榴科斯莫多少钱

Please tell me it was you who ordered the martini.

千万告诉我,你点的是马提尼

Of course I was the one who... yes.

我当然...是的

Look she asked me about New Year's Eve I told her.

她问我除夕夜的事儿,我说了

And it turns out that she too really seems to care about the life of Bethany...

结果,她居然也对贝瑟妮的私生活感兴趣

Brittany. DiLaguardiosa.

是布兰妮,姓迪拉瓜多斯什么的,

No. How does it get in the paper so fast?

不是,怎么这么快就见报了,

God these guys are good.

这些人真要命

Well now we're putting out a statement.

这次必须发声明了

No. Not from you.

不行,不用你来,

From your spokesperson. Not from any person.

找发言人来,谁也别来,

Mr. McAvoy has been the victim of a comical series of misunderstandings.

麦卡沃伊是一系列滑稽误会的受害者

No way. However I want to depose every waiter

没门,但我要传召每一个我给过小费的

bartender doorman and valet to whom I have ever given a tip.

服务生,酒吧招待,门童,泊车员

That might be unrealistic.

现实一点吧

I am beloved in the service industries.

服务行业爱死我了

Hey I've been meaning to ask you how's the dating going?

我一直想问,你约会得如何了

You know what?

我倒是问你

How many women did you date before you finally found the one?

你找到真命天女前谈了多少次

Doesn't matter how many I dated before.

之前多少次都无所谓

I didn't date anyone after.

重要的是,之后一次都没有

It probably helped that she didn't pull your heart out

你那位又没有把你心掏出来

throw it into an oven preheated to 450 degrees

扔进450度的烤箱里

bake it in a light honey glaze

烤到金黄色

and serve it to you on a bed of rice.

再摆到米饭上,端给你吃

That's vivid.

好生动

But you don't hold onto things.

可你不记仇啊

Why is it taking you so long to...

怎么这次那么久还没...

Because it is.

就是忘不了

It doesn't work like in the movies.

一点也不像电影里拍的那样

It doesn't work at all.

根本没用

How sure are you about that? Please.

你确定吗,拜托,

On the off chance that you're not going to live forever

人有旦夕祸福

why not take a shot at being happy now?

幸福在眼前,就不要错过

Can I go do the news?

我能去工作了吗

Yes.

去吧

Hey stupid. Yeah?

傻帽,怎么了,

What'd I say? When?

我怎么跟你说的,什么时候,

I said don't show up in Page Six with another date.

不要被《第六版》抓到,你和另一个女人约会

You think I phoned this in? Carrie is freaking out.

是我爆的料吗,卡丽都气疯了,

Who's Carrie? Two nights ago!

卡丽是谁,两天前那个,

Oh God. What did she say?

老天,她说什么了

That you're a womanizing asshole and she hates you.

说你是个玩女人的混蛋,她恨你

I wasn't womanizing. I was dating.

我不在玩女人,我在找女朋友

Well William she has a gun and she's going to shoot you.

威廉,她有枪,他会崩了你的

She's going to have to shoot you first Sloan

那也是你先死,斯隆

because I'm going to use you as a human shield

因为我会拿你当肉盾

because you set me up with Annie Oakley.

谁让你把安妮·奥克利介绍给我的,神枪手(电影《飞燕金枪》讲的就是她的故事)

You mean Ado Annie? I mean Annie Oakley. "Annie Get Your Gun."

安东·安妮,《飞燕金枪》的安妮·奥克利

Ado Annie's "Oklahoma." "I'm just a Girl Who Can't Say No."

安东·安妮出自《我是个不会拒绝的女孩》

I can't help you anymore.

我帮不了你了

Damn 'cause your help's been invaluable up till now.

可惜啊,你帮的忙还少吗

Are you sure about "Annie Get Your Gun"?

你确定是《飞燕金枪》吗

Yes.

确定

Back in 15 seconds Will.

15秒,威尔

Try not to date anyone before you're on the air.

直播前,别又搞上个女人

Copy Mac. Try not to sleep with your exboyfriend while I am.

收到,我直播时,你别又和前男友搞上

In three...

三...

He got the better of that exchange.

被他占了上风

Mark Twain said a lie'll get halfway around the world

马克·吐温说过,谎言传千里

before the truth has time to pull its boots on.

真相不出门

That was literally the case in this story

下面这条事件,正是绝佳写照

we didn't pay enough attention to in 2010.

事件发生于2010年

President Obama was scheduled to travel to Mumbai

奥巴马总统将赴孟买

to meet with the Indian Prime minister about loosening US trade restrictions

会见印度总理,商讨放宽与美交易限制

a successful trip that would net our country

如果此次会议成功

$10 billion in export deals and 50000 jobs.

我国将收获百亿出口额和五万个工作职位,

And these overseas trips routinely cost in the area of $5 million a day.

此类海外会议,每日开销通常为五百万元

But on November 2nd of last year

但去年11月2日

the website for New Delhi TV quoted an anonymous official

新德里电视台官网引用一名

of the Maharashtra Government saying that

马哈拉施特拉邦政府官员的话

President Obama's trip would be costing $200 million a day.

称奥巴马总统此行,每日开销为两亿元

The Drudge Report posts a link to the story

"德拉吉报告"转载了这则报道(政治新闻网站,倾向共和党)

either believing it to be possible or not caring that it isn't.

网站是信以为真,还是不在乎真假呢

Rush Limbaugh knows this figure can't possibly be right.

拉什·林堡明知数字错得离谱

But Mr. Limbaugh runs with it anyway.

却依然广播出去

507 rooms at the Taj Mahal

泰姬陵酒店的507间客房,

40airplanes

40架飞机,

$200 million a day

每天烧钱两亿,

this nation will spend on Obama's trip to India.

奥巴马印度之行,全都由国家买单

In spite of there being no source for this information

这些消息不但来源不可靠

to say nothing of the absurdity of the figure

数据本身更是荒诞至极

Fox News grabs the baton. Ready SOT 1.

但FOX新闻依然接过接力棒,1号带准备,

So he's traveling with 34 warships an entourage...

随他出行的有34艘军舰,和随从

Oh yeah and he added 34 warships

对了,他加了34艘战舰

or 14% of the US Navy.

相当于14%的海军

So he's traveling with 34 warships

随他出行的有34艘军舰

an entourage of 3000 people...

和三千随从人员

Nope.

又错了

He's staying at the Taj Mahal Hotel

他下榻于泰姬陵酒店

which they have booked every single room in.

并包下了所有的客房

And he's doing it $2 billion for 10 days. Why?

十天的开销高达20亿,为什么

So on November 3rd Matt Lehrich

于是11月3日,马特·雷里希

of the Office of White House Media Affairs says

代表白宫媒体事务办公室声明

"The numbers reported in this article have no basis in reality."

"报道的数据并无事实依据"

Congresswoman Michele Bachmann

众议员,米歇尔·巴赫曼

founder of the Tea Party Caucus

国会茶党党团的建立者

who herself has a difficult relationship with reality

一个和现实格格不入的人

ignores the statement from the White House.

对白宫的声明听而不闻

I think we know that just within a day or so

大家知道,一两天后

the President of the United States will be taking a trip over to India

美利坚总统将出访印度

that is expected to cost the taxpayers $200 million a day.

预计每日将花费纳税人两亿美元

I think people who willfully purposefully

一些人,出于自身利益

and gleefully lie to the American people

恶意且肆意地欺骗美国民众

in order to damage someone's reputation

来毁坏某人的声誉

should like a registered sex offender

这些人应该像登记在案的性犯罪者一样

be required by law to come with that warning label

受法律要求,在胸前佩戴警示牌

for the rest of their lives.

戴上一辈子

Hello? Will it's Charlie.

你好,威尔,我是查理,

I'm sorry to call early on a Saturday.

抱歉周六一大早给你打电话

What happened? Can you come into the office at 11:00?

怎么了,你能11点来办公室吗,

Yeah. What's going on? I'll see you at 11:00.

好,怎么了,11点见,

Welcome back to "Red Carpet Roundup"

欢迎回到"红地毯综述"

where we continue our review of last night's fashion winners

我们将继续讨论昨晚人民选择奖的

and losers at the People's Choice Awards.

时尚赢家与输家们

We'll throw it back to our studio in Hollywood

让我们回到好莱坞的工作室

and Paulita Maya and her team of fashion experts.

宝丽塔·玛雅和她的时尚专家团

Paulita?

宝丽塔

And we're clear.

直播结束

He's here.

他来了

Against all instincts of what sanity sounds like

违背所有理智的本能

I'm here at 11:00 on a Saturday.

周六11点,我竟然来了

You won't regret it. Too late.

你不会后悔的,晚了,

Thank you all for coming. Let me begin.

感谢大家前来,那我开始了

There are 1.7 million known species.

现有170万种已知生物

Biologists estimate this represents

生物学家预计

only a quarter of the total species on the planet.

这只占了地球总数的四分之一

Species diversity is greatest in rain forests

物种多样性在热带雨林的体现尤为明显

and 75% of all species live in rain forests.

75%的物种都生活于雨林中

So the argument is

所以,论点是

could there be an apex predator primate

是否存在某种灵长类顶级掠食者

a missing link if you will between 6 and 10 feet tall

是食物链缺失的一支,有六到十英尺高

weighing up to 500 pounds that lives in a dense temperate rain forest?

重达500磅,居住于茂密的温带雨林中

Jim? No. Is that it?

吉姆,不存在,就这些吗,

Careful. Sometimes when Jim says no

小心,有时候吉姆说"不"

what he really means is "I'm sleeping with your roommate."

他真正意思是,"我在和你室友上床"

What's going on?

发生了什么

I didn't know you were coming.

我不知道你要来

I was told to come. Really?

有人让我来,真的吗,

Charlie called me at 7:00 this morning.

查理早上七点给我打电话

I wonder how that happened.

我不知情

Was I called in on a Saturday for Bigfoot?

我周六被叫来,听大脚怪吗

I think you're gonna find this interesting.

你一定会觉得很有趣

I think you don't know what that word means.

我觉得你不懂"有趣"是什么意思

What are you doing? You told me to come in.

这是在干什么,你叫我来的,

Not for this. What is this?

不是为这个,这是什么

I'm glad you asked Charlie. Bigfoot is...

问得好,查理,大脚怪...

Ah. Follow me.

跟我来

I called you in for this. Oh shit.

我叫你来是为这个,见鬼,

We need a whole team for this?

有必要这么多人吗

Don's a good advisor on damage control.

唐很擅于危机公关

When's it come out? It's out. This is it.

几时出版,已经出了,

You keep guns in your house?

你在屋里藏枪吗

Yeah a vast collection.

是,大量的收藏

Sometimes to relax I go to the park and shoot dogs.

需要放松时,我会去公园打只狗玩

I'm just asking. She had the gun.

我就问问,枪是她的,

Some crazy fucking friend of Sloan's.

斯隆的疯子朋友

I took out the bullets.

我清空弹匣而已

The highest incidents of Bigfoot sightings have all come

大脚怪出现踪迹的密集区

from the temperate rain forest region

正是一片温带雨林

that stretches from Northern California to Alaska.

由加州北部延至阿拉斯加

Here we find local myths like the Sasquatch and Ts'emekwes.

那里盛传,野人和大脚怪是真的

Here we find local myths like Jim not being a liar.

这里盛传,"吉姆不是骗子"

Come with me please.

跟我出来

I'm learning things. Now please.

我在学知识呢,快点,

First of all you can't talk to me like that in front of the staff.

首先,你不能在大家面前那样和我说话

Oh listen to Mr...

听听...

Mike. Yeah?

迈克,怎么了,

You got the rest of the afternoon off.

下午给你放假

Maggie's taking your shift on the assignment desk.

玛姬接替你的班,守着分配台

You sure? Go home.

你确定,回家去,

Nice to throw your weight around?

开始发号施令了啊

Yeah. Sit your ass at that desk until 4:00.

是啊,给我坐过去,四点前不许走

That's number one. Number two

这是其一,其二

I'm sorry that I lied to you. I didn't want you to be upset.

抱歉我欺骗了你,但那是因为我不想你生气

Why did you think I'd be upset? Because you are!

我为什么要生气,你已经生气了,

Not because you slept with Lisa because you lied about it!

不是因为和利萨上床,因为你撒谎

Excuse me! This isn't soundproof glass!

打扰一下,这不是隔音玻璃

It is because I slept with Lisa.

就是因为我和利萨上床了

You've never lied to me in all the time we've been working together.

我们合作这么久,你从没对我撒过谎

Is that not a little bit...

你就没有一丁点

just a little bit a good feeling?

一丁点高兴吗

That it feels weird that I lied to you?

你不觉得我会撒谎,很奇怪吗

And isn't it a little bit a good feeling

你心里就没一丁点高兴

that my instinct was to lie?

我本能地对你撒谎吗

I have no idea what you're talking about.

我不知道你在说什么

It was Don's idea to fix me up with Lisa right?

是唐想撮合我和利萨吧

Yes.

是的

And Don was the one who called Lisa when she was at my place?

那晚,也是唐给利萨打的电话

Yes. Then I'd ask Don.

是的,那你该去问唐,

he has every idea what I'm talking about.

因为他很清楚我在说什么,'Cause

I'm sorry I lied. It won't happen again.

对不起我骗了你,以后不会了

Did you know she was married?

你知道她是有夫之妇吗

She's been separated for over a year.

她俩分居一年多了

Did you smoke pot with her? Yes.

你俩抽大麻了吗,是的,

Did you level a .32 caliber gun at her head?

你还拿一支32口径的枪指着她的头

I was demonstrating... fuck this.

我是在演示...去它的

You'd just done a gun rant that night.

那晚节目,你刚做了枪支说教

Is that what it was Mac? It was a rant?

是这样吗,麦肯,是说教吗

Does she have a text message from you?

你还给她发了短信

Listen to me. She got jealous

听我讲,她吃醋了

'cause she read that I went out with someone else the next night.

因为她发现,我第二晚和别人约会了,

Then she went to Nina Howard at "TMI"

于是去找TMI的妮娜·霍华德

who was just waiting for a chance...

而那女人正想有机会能...

I knocked Jennifer Aniston off the cover?

我把詹妮弗·安妮丝顿挤出了封面

This isn't funny Will. We're trying to do something here.

这不好笑,威尔,我们正在干大事

All of us. There are guys in here

所有人,大家都在这

on a Saturday doing... what the hell are they doing?

大周六的在...他们在干嘛

They're learning about Bigfoot.

了解大脚怪

Which by the way is what used to be in the tabloids.

而这种东西,从前可是小报的热点

Bigfoot and Elvis sightings have been replaced... Whatever.

大脚怪和猫王出现,已被取代,管它的,

We signed up with you and

我们和你是一伙的

no one's going to hear a word we're saying.

我们说的话,没人会听的

Tell me what I did wrong? How about drugs?

我做错了什么,抽大麻,

I took a hit of a joint in my own home.

我在自己家抽了一点点而已

The text message. I'm not telling you what it says.

短信呢,我不会说出短信内容的,

Just tell me if you'd want your mother to read it.

你只需告诉我,你想不想让你妈看这条短信

Yeah she died 10 years ago and I wouldn't mind seeing her again.

她十年前就去世了,我倒是挺想再见见她

Here's what we're gonna do. You're gonna go on "ACN Morning."

我们这么做,你去参加"ACN早新闻"

They are going to ask the questions we want them to ask

我安排他们向你提问

and you're going to give the answers we want.

你按计划回答就行

I'm not doing that.

我不去

Will. No I'm not playing.

威尔,不,我不干,

This is News Corp using their gossip trash to fuck with an anchor.

是新闻集团利用绯闻,想搞臭我这个主播(新闻集团是FOX新闻台的母公司,同样偏向共和党)

News Corp doesn't own "TMI." We do.

TMI不属于新闻集团,是我们自己的

I'm talking about... Wait!

我是说...等一下,

Wait.

等一下

The tuxedo. The $4000 tux.

那套4000元礼服

You didn't buy it off the rack did you?

你不是买现成的,对吧

What does... Just tell me.

这有什么..回答我

You're my boss and I make a lot more money than you do.

你是我的头儿,可我比你赚得多

That makes me uncomfortable.

我过意不去

No the tux was made for me by Armand... Armand Felini.

没错,礼服是阿曼德,阿曼德·费里尼,

Yeah how did you know?

你怎么知道

'Cause Leona Lansing gave me the same Christmas present last year.

莉安娜·兰辛去年送了我同样的圣诞礼物,

A custommade tuxedo from Armand Felini.

由阿曼德·费里尼定制的礼服

This isn't News Corp.

这不是新闻集团的报复

AWM It's us. It's AWM.

是我们自己人

That's how Nina Howard knew how much the suit cost.

所以妮娜·霍华德才知道礼服的价钱

Why would our parent company...

为什么总公司...

I had a meeting I never told you guys about the day after election night.

选举夜第二天我开了个会,没告诉你们

Leona's really pissed

莉安娜非常生气

that you're shooting at Tea Party congressmen

因为你向茶党议员开炮

and senators she has to do business with.

而这些人和她有生意往来

How pissed?

有多生气

I'm not asking him to lie.

我不要求他说谎

I'm not asking him to cover anything up.

我不要求他掩盖事实

But he's gonna tone it down or I'll fire him.

但他得低调下来,不然我炒了他

Well best of luck trying to program against him.

祝你好运,找到能跟他竞争的节目

I won't have to.

不需要

He's got a noncompete clause in his contract.

他的合同里有非竞争条款

He's got to stay off television for three years.

他三年内不能上电视

That's a death sentence. It is.

这等于是死刑,没错,

How would you possibly explain

你要怎么解释

firing the second most watched anchor on cable?

解雇收视率第二的有线电视主播

By creating what we call a context.

制造所谓的"背景"

His firing would be viewed as an honorable step

他的解雇,会被看作公司

by a corporation willing to sacrifice ratings for integrity.

为保节目公正,而牺牲收视率的高尚之举

How could you not tell me about that meeting?

你怎么可以不告诉我

I should have. You think?

我应该说的,废话,

I should have. This is a huge line that's being crossed.

我该说的,你实在是太过分了,

I made that clear to her. A huge...

我跟她讲得很清楚,太...

how many times in the last six months

这半年我问了你多少次

have I asked if we're all right on the 44th floor?

44楼对我们有什么意见

Will I love you but you've got clay feet

威尔,我敬重你,但你太容易退缩

and I needed to keep you in the chair.

而我需要你继续做下去

Oh thanks for the confidence.

多谢你的信任

Can we get back to damage control?

我们能回到危机公关吗

"ACN Morning" Monday. Hang on.

周一的"ACN早新闻"慢着,

You'd never allow a noncompete clause in your contract.

你不可能允许有非竞争条款

You couldn't stay off the television for five minutes.

你离开电视台五分钟都活不下去

It got... put in.

是...后加的

When?

几时

When Will?

几时,威尔

When I renegotiated my contract.

我重新谈合同的时候

To be able to fire me at the end of each week.

为了能每周末炒我

Yeah.

Jesus Christ how much do you hate me?

天哪,你那么恨我吗

I don't hate you.

我不恨你

You allowed a noncompete clause in your contract?

你居然允许加入非竞争条款

Three years? You were willing to stay off TV for three years?

三年哪,你愿意离开电视台三年

When was the last time an anchor stayed off TV for three years

有哪个主播离开电视台三年

and ever came back?

还能再回来的

Have revenge sex with every woman in the TriState area

你想睡遍三州地区的女人,来报复我

for all I care but keep it out of the goddamn newspapers.

没问题,但别上报行不行

Some of us have moved on. Yeah you mentioned that.

某人已经放下了,没错,你说过,

I can leave. You can do the same show with another producer.

我可以走,你换个制片人一样能做好

We can have that discussion. Why don't we have it now?

可以谈谈,现在就谈,

Yeah.

Yeah some of us moved on three and a half years ago

某人三年半以前就放下了

and forgot to tell me!

却忘了告诉我

The vast majority of this rain forest is unexplored

人类对这片雨林开伐了100年

despite almost 100 years of commercial logging.

但其大部分区域,都还未有人踏足

I would add that renowned primatologist Jane Goodall is also a believer

着名灵长类动物学家简·顾达尔,也相信大脚怪

given the cryptozoological history of the lowland gorilla.

考虑到低地大猩猩的神秘历史

But she's not alone in this scientific field.

不只是她一个人相信而已

Due to frequent yeti sightings...

因为经常有人看到雪人...

you try your best but you don't succeed

你竭尽全力,却无能为力? When

you get what you want

得到自己想要的? When

Heads up!

有情况

What's going on? All hands!

怎么了,全体开工,

There's been a shooting in Tucson and a congresswoman

图森市发生了枪击案,女议员

Gabrielle Giffords has been shot in the head.

加布里埃尔·吉福德斯,头部中枪

This is Martin at the ACN newsroom.

我是ACN新闻的马丁

I was wondering if you have a comment on the shooting?

请问你对枪击事件有何看法

Get me our Tucson affiliate. It's Charlie Skinner.

给我接图森市分部,我是查理·斯金纳,

New York Control is breaking in in 15 minutes.

15分钟后插播突发新闻

Tess! Yeah?

苔丝,什么,

I'm giving you a phone number. Okay.

给你个电话号码,好,

Quickly. Lt. Harvel Shansky

快点,副队长哈维尔·善仕奇

Tucson PD. 846...

图森警局,846...

When you lose something you can't replace

当你失去无可替代的东西?

When you love someone but it goes to waste

当你爱上某人,却得不到回应?

Could it be worse?

还能更糟么?

Gary I need to be able to talk to a goddamn correspondent on the ground.

格雷,快给我找一个现场特派员

The shooter's in custody. Who is he?

枪手已被羁押,他是谁,

How'd they get him?

怎么抓到他的

Lights will guide you home

明灯会指引你回家?

And ignite your bones

点燃你的每寸骨头?

Everybody up! Up up!

大家快上,上,上

...recording their next album without Maines.

...在没有麦恩斯的情况下录制新专辑,

We'll get the inside scoop from Natalie herself.

接下来由娜塔莉亲自送上内部消息

To fix you

抚慰你?

And high up above or down below

不管身处高低?

When you're too in love to let it go

当你坠入爱河,无法自拔?

But if you never try you'll never know

若从不尝试,又怎会知道?

Just what you're worth

你能做些什么?

Lights will guide

明灯会指引你?

We're cutting into our program with breaking news.

插播一条突发新闻

A local Tucson newspaper is reporting that Arizona Congresswoman

据图森当地报纸报道,亚利桑那州众议员

Gabby Gabrielle Giffords has been shot

盖比,加布里埃尔·吉福德斯

while holding a public event in Tucson outside a grocery store.

在一食品店外举行公共活动时遭到枪击

Possibly as many as 12 others have been rushed to an area hospital...

可能已有多达12人被送往当地医院

We're now learning that

据我们了解

three members of Gabrielle Giffords' staff were among those wounded and

吉福德斯的三名工作人员也受了伤

rushed to University Medical Center in Tucson.

已被送往图森大学医疗中心

Does he have an arrest record?

他有逮捕记录吗

They've had him for over an hour now.

抓到他已经一小时了

How can they not know who he is?

怎会还不知道他是谁

He's not going on the air with maybe.

他不可能在直播时说"也许"

Jim. Jim. No an arrest record.

吉姆,吉姆,不,逮捕记录,

Okay can you tell me if the

好的,你能告诉我

congresswoman's district office has received any threats?

议员的区办公室是否收到过任何恐吓

Jim NPR is saying she's dead. National Public Radio

吉姆, NPR报道说她死了(公共广播电台)

Anyone else? No.

其它台呢,没有,

Then she's not dead yet.

那她还没死

If you're just joining us

如果你刚打开电视

a gunman in Arizona...

一名枪手于亚利桑那...

Fox MSNBC and CNN are all calling it.

FOX MSNBC CNN都报了

Let me hear MSNBC.

给我听MSNBC

A sole source of information ..

.一位独家线人

that reports that the Arizona congresswoman

告知,亚利桑那州众议员

Gabrielle Giffords has been killed

加布里埃尔·吉福德斯

in this heinous attempt on her life.

在这场滔天罪行中被夺去生命

Joey.

乔伊

Get me some official confirmation or I'm not calling it right now.

没有官方证实,我是不会报的

Why hasn't he called it yet?

他为什么还不报

I don't have time right now.

没功夫理你

Jim why hasn't he called it?

吉姆,他为什么还不报

Gary I need him in the hospital. He's there.

格雷,叫他去医院,已经到了,

CNN MSNBC and FOX say she's dead.

CNN MSNBC FOX都说她死了,

They're all going off the same NPR report.

他们都是从NPR获得的消息

I'm not satisfied. I don't give a shit if you're satisfied.

我不满意,我管你满不满意,

What the hell is he... hey!

他想干什...嘿

We're going to show you now

现在为您播报

an interview Gabrielle Giffords gave just last year.

加布里埃尔·吉福德斯去年的一段采访

This is Congresswoman Giffords.

她就是吉福德斯议员

30 seconds. What's going on?

30秒,怎么了,

I'll call security.

我会叫保安的

Every second you're not current

你每拖延一秒,不报最新消息

1000 people are changing the channel to the guy who is.

就有一千人转去其它台,

That's the business you're in.

这是行业现实

MSNBC FOX and CNN all say she's dead.

MSNBC FOX和CNN都说她死了,

Don tell him.

唐,告诉他

Don!

It's a person.

她是人

A doctor pronouncers her dead not the news.

医生才能宣布她死亡,新闻不能

Back in five four...

五,四...

What we know so far is that Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords

目前的消息是,加布里埃尔议员

and 12 others were shot when a gunman opened fire

与其余12人,在亚利桑那州图森市

at a local town hall in Tucson Arizona.

召开市民大会时,遭到枪击

Tears stream down your face

泪水滑下沾湿你面颊?

When you lose something

当你失去那些?

Is he overhearing it or is he at the hospital?

他是听别人说的,还是在医院看到的

She's alive! Who's telling you that?

她还活着,谁告诉你的,

The anesthesiologist. She's being prepped for surgery.

麻醉师,她正准备手术

I've got her alive!

我这儿说她还活着

NPR called it wrong. She's alive.

NPR报错了,她还活着

She's alive.

她还活着

Will.

威尔

All right we're learning now that Giffords is being prepped for surgery

最新消息,吉福德斯正准备进行手术

and we have our ACN affiliate at University Hospital now.

下面连线大学医疗中心的ACN特派员

What can you tell us? Will...

请给我们说说,威尔...

Mac get in here with Charlie right now.

麦肯,你和查理马上进来

Is everything... Right now!

怎么...快点

You tell Leona that if she wants me out of this chair

告诉莉安娜,她想把我从这椅子上拉下来

she better bring more than just a couple of guys.

她最好多找些人

That's exactly what I'll fucking tell her.

我会他妈原原本本告诉她

I'm not fucking around Charlie!

我不是在开玩笑,查理

Feet the fucking steel!

真汉子

Mac. I'm sorry.

麦肯,对不起,

It's not your fault. I fucked everything up!

不是你的错,我把一切都搞砸了,

It's gonna be all right. What the fuck is going on?

会没事的,这他妈是怎么了,

You're a fucking newsman Don!

你他妈是个真正的新闻人,唐

I ever tell you otherwise you punch me in the face!

我再说你不是,你就来捶我脸

Okay but you're back in 30.

行,你还有30秒

Back in 30.

30秒

Joey. Just breathe regular.

乔伊,稳住呼吸

The tears stream down your face

泪水滑下沾湿你面颊?

promise you I will learn from my mistakes

我保证我会吸取教训? I

This is a sketchy description of the procedure they'll be trying.

这是医生准备要做的手术大纲

Hey. When this is over

嘿,等这些都结束了

let me see the Bigfoot presentation.

让我看看大脚怪的介绍

Really?

真的吗

I think I need some consulting on what's real and what's not.

我需要有人帮我分辨真假

Okay I think you'll find that there's some striking evidence...

我想你会发现有力证据指出...

Not now. Stand by camera 1.

不是现在,一号机准备,

Right. In three two...

好,三,二...

Thank you Tom.

谢谢,汤姆

Let's put together what we know.

我们把所知的总结一下

A little after noon today Congresswoman Gabby Giffords

今日正午过后,议员加布里埃尔·吉福德斯

was shot while holding a town hall meeting in Tucson Arizona.

在亚利桑那图森市的市民大会上遭到枪击

Along with Giffords...

与吉福德斯一起的...

And I will try to fix you

我会试着抚慰你?

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/xwbjsjj/518441.html