《美女上错身》精讲 06(在线收听

Tomorrow, the defense will try to rattle you.

明天被告会试图让你紧张

They'll argue that your wife was suicidal.

他们会声称你妻子是自杀的

No, that's... that's bull...

怎么可能 那太扯...

You contend she was happy,

你要坚持说她很快乐

but if they undermine your credibility,

如果他们质疑你证词的真实性

it'll call Emily's mental state into question.

艾米丽精神状况就会被提及

How can they say anything about Emily?

关于艾米丽他们能有什么可说的

They didn't know her.

他们根本不认识她

Which is why they'll go after you,

所以他们会选择问你问题

try to get you to admit that she was unstable in some way.

试图让你承认她精神状况不太稳定

You've got to remain calm.

你要保持镇静

Calm?

镇静

Emily's dead because she took their drug.

艾米丽是因为吃了他们的药才死的

And if you expect me to remain calm,

要是你指望我保持镇静

you have no idea what it's like to lose someone you love.

你根本不了解失去心爱之人的感觉

Marcus, I'm on your side, but when you're on the stand...

马库斯 我站在你这边 你在证人席上时..

What, I should put on a happy face?

难道我该表现得很开心吗

I think we should take a little breather.

我觉得我们得休息一下

Here you go, Jane.

给你 简

I'm fine.

我没事

I'm sorry. It's just, you were staring at them.

抱歉 只是你一直盯着它们

You know what?

知道吗

To be honest, I am craving a doughnut

说实话 我超想吃甜甜圈

because, apparently, I am a doughnut eater.

因为很明显 我是个喜欢吃甜甜圈的人

Are you all right?

你没事吧

You're asking a young widower not to be himself,

你让一位年轻的鳏夫戴上假面

not to feel his loss, and that is not who he is.

不去感受痛苦 那不是他自己

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/mnscsjj/518759.html