《辛普森一家》精讲16 epa就是环境保护局(在线收听

Russ CargiII, head of the EPA, here to see the president.

罗斯·卡吉尔,环保局局长,来见总统

Mr. President.

总统先生

Ja, that is me.

对,我就是 (施瓦辛格总统)

PoIIution in SpringfieId has reached crisis IeveIs.

斯普林菲尔德的污染已经到了危急状态

I hate this job. Everything's ''crisis'' this and ''end of the worId'' that.

我真讨厌这差事 不是危机,就是什么世界末日

Nobody opens with a joke. I miss Danny De Vito.

就没人先说个笑话引出议题 我想念丹尼·狄·维托

You want a joke, huh? Stop me if you've heard this one.

你想听笑话? 要是你听过这个的话,就阻止我讲下去

Look at those angry eyes and giant teeth.

看看这些愤怒的眼睛和巨型獠牙

It's Iike Christmas at the Kennedy compound.

就跟在肯尼迪家过圣诞节一样恐怖

You know, sir, when you made me head of the EPA. . .

总统先生,您委任我为环保局长时…

you appointed one of the most successfuI men in America. . .

您将百年不遇的人才

to the Ieast successfuI agency in government.

低就于千年不遇的无能部门

And why did I take the job?

可我为什么还是欣然接受呢?

Because I'm a rich man who wanted to give something back.

因为我是个富翁,希望回馈社会

Not the money, but something.

我不是指钱,而是回馈些非物质的东西

So here is our chance to kick some ass for Mother Earth.

眼下这就是我们施展拳脚的机会

I'm Iistening. WeII, I've narrowed your choices down. . .

接着说 我已经提炼出

to five unthinkabIe options. …

五个不可思议的议案

Each wiII cause untoId misery--

每个都有难以预计的恶果…

I pick number three.

我选第三个

You don't wanna read them first?

您不先读读再做决定吗?

I was eIected to Iead, not to read. Number three!

我当总统是为了"领导"不是为了"读议案" 我选第三个!

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/xpsyjjj/519053.html