《唐顿庄园》精讲03 不寻常的早餐时刻(在线收听

[Robert, Earl of Grantham, descends the stairs with his dog.]

Robert: Good morning, Carson.

早安 Carson

Carson: Good morning, my Lord.

早安 老爷

[Robert dishes up the breakfast buffet for himself.]

Robert: Is it true what they say?

他们说的是真的吗

Carson: I believe so, my Lord.

我想是的 老爷

I'm afraid we'll know some people on it.

恐怕上面有我们认识的人

Robert: I don't suppose there are any lists of survivors yet?

生还人员的名单应该还没出来吧

Carson: I understand most of the ladies were taken off in time.

据我所知 女士们基本上都获救了

Robert: You mean the ladies in first class?

你是说头等舱的女士们吧

[Carson nods grimly.]

God help the poor devils below decks.

愿上帝保佑那些下等舱的人

On their way to a better life.

下辈子有个好去处

What a tragedy!

真是场惨剧

[Robert opens the newspaper to see a picture of the Titanic. Lady Mary and Lady Edith enter and read over his shoulder.]

Edith: When Anna told me I thought she must have dream it.

Anna告诉我时 我还以为她是做梦呢

Mary: Do we know anyone on board?

船上有熟人吗

Robert: Your mother knows the Asters. At least, she knows him.

你母亲认识的Aster一家 至少她跟男主人比较熟

We dined with Lady Rothfuss last month.

上个月我们和Rothes夫人一起用过餐

Robert: There are bound to be others.

肯定不止这些

Edith:I thought it was supposed to be unsinkable.

我还以为这船不会沉

Robert: Every mountain is unclimbable until someone climbs it.

无翻不了的山

So every ship is unsinkable until it sinks.

无沉不了的船

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/tdzyjj/519283.html