《唐顿庄园》精讲09 老爷和夫人在庄园散步(在线收听

[Scene: Robert and Cora go on a walk with the dog.]

[情景:Robert和Cara牵着条狗在庄园里散步。]

Robert: She was certainly reluctant to go into mourning.

她显然不愿意去服丧。

Cora: Well, she'll have to. We all will.

由不得她,全家都要服丧。

O'Brien's sorting out my black now and I've told Anna to see what the girls have that still fits. Of course, this alters everything.

O'Brien已经开始为我准备丧服了,我也吩咐Anna给女儿们找合身的衣裳。当然,这使得一切都要变了。

You won't try to deny it? You must challenge the entail now, surely?

你不用试图别否认了,无疑你必须考虑取消限定继承了。

Robert: Can't we at least wait until we know they're dead before we discuss it?

我们起码等他们的死讯确定了再谈这个问题。

Cora: Don't talk as if I'm not broken-hearted, because I am.

可别说我好像我不对此事伤心哦,因为我也很伤心。

Of course, I have never understood why this estate must go to whomever inherits your title.

当然,我也从未懂得为什么庄园必须给你的爵位继承人。

Robert: My dear, I don't make the law.

亲爱的,法律不是我制定的。

[Scene: Mr Carson approaches them from the house.]

[情景:Carson从屋子走向他们。]

Robert: What is it?

怎么了?

Carson: The Dowager Countess is in the drawing room.

老夫人来了,正在客厅等候。

Robert: I'll come now.

我这就过去。

Carson: She asked for Lady Grantham.

她想见夫人。

Caro: I wonder what I've done wrong this time.

我又是何处得罪她了。

Carson: And the new valet has arrived, my Lord.

新来的贴身男仆到了,老爷。

Robert: Has he? Thank you, Carson.What is it?

是吗 谢谢 Carson 有什么问题吗

[Scene: Carson clears his throat.]

[情景:Carson清了清嗓子。]

Carson: I'm not entirely sure that he will prove equal to the task, but your Lordship will be the judge of that.

我有些怀疑他能否胜任这份工作,但是这还得由老爷您来论断。

[Scene:Carson returns to the house and Robert turns to Cora.]

[情景:Carson回到屋子,Robert转身面向Cora。]

Cora: I 'd better go.

我得去了。

Robert: Tell her about James and Patrick. She won't have heard.

告诉她James和Patrick的事,她不会听说到的。

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/tdzyjj/519289.html