《唐顿庄园》精讲27 我们要对玛丽负责(在线收听

So, the young Duke of Crowborough is asking himself to stay.

年轻的Crowborough公爵要来做客

And we know why.

目的很明显

You hope you know why. That is not at all the same.

希望是你想的那样 就怕结果大相径庭

You realize the Duke thinks Mary's prospects have altered?

公爵认为Mary会继承财产

I suppose so.

我想是的

There's no 'suppose' about it.

光想可不行

Of course, this is exactly the sort of opportunity that will come to Mary,

当然了 这对Mary来说是个千载难逢的机会

if we can only get things settled in her favor.

我们所要做的就是打点好一切

Is Robert coming round?

Robert开窍没

Not yet. To him, the risk is, we'd succeed in saving my money but not the estate.

还没 对他而言 留住我的钱就要失去庄园

He feels he'd be betraying his duty if Downton were lost because of him.

如果唐顿不保 他将无颜面对祖祖辈辈

Well, I'll write to Murray.

我要给Murray写信

He won't say anything different.

他也会这么说的

Well, we have to start somewhere. Our duty is to Mary.

总得做点什么 必须给Mary个交代

Well, give him a date for when Mary's out of mourning.

等丧期结束 请他来庄园做客

No-one wants to kiss a girl in black.

没人想娶服丧的姑娘

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/tdzyjj/519307.html