《你好布拉德》精讲29 再也没跟我联系过(在线收听

I thought about the last time I saw him.

我又想到上次见费舍

We'd both been in New York for different reasons

我们各自到纽约去办事

and decided to meet up.

说好了见个面

I'd just started my nonprofit and was full of enthusiasm.

那时我刚开始踌躇满志地经营非盈利组织

...and so what we would do

我们做的就是

is kind of be a clearing house for that, and kind of a...

就好像打扫一间房子 有一点像

like a matchmaking service,

有点像婚姻介绍所

social media matchmaking organization that would find the organizations

作为媒体 先找到那些缺钱的组织机构

that need the money, find the people who want to give money,

再找到愿意捐款的人

bring them together and...

把这两边一匹配

I was hoping Craig might want to get involved in some way,

我还想着把克雷格也拉进来

offer up his famous friends.

推荐一下他那些土豪的朋友们

Even donate money.

甚至自己捐一点

But he never took the bait.

结果他完全不理我

Back in Sacramento, I decided to be more direct.

回到家里 我打算把话挑明了

I sent him an email asking him to come onto my board of directors.

给他发了一封邮件 请他加入公司董事会

I wrote about the worthiness of the cause and my deep respect for Craig

说了一些好处 说我是多么尊敬他

and how much it would mean to me personally.

以及对我个人有多大帮助

Mrs. Cohen said we have to bring all the science stuff to school by Friday.

科恩太太让我们这周五把员工都带到学校去

Oh. So, we got to figure that out.

所以得想想办法

But I never heard back.

结果是石沉大海

Well, I do like whales a lot,

啊 我特别喜欢鲸鱼

so, we could study the anatomy...

这次能学学解剖

You know, they say politics is show business for ugly people.

人们都说政治是丑人们自我炫耀的地方

Any whiff of show business, I think people really respond...

任何用来炫耀的地方 人们都有义务...

In fact, I never heard from Craig again.

实际上 他再也没跟我联系过

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/nhbldjj/521048.html