《魔戒》精讲20(在线收听

Though

可是

I do not knowthe way

我不认识去哪里的路

I will help you bear this burden, Frodo Baggins

我会帮你一起承受这重担的 佛罗多·巴金斯

as long as it is yours to bear

只要你还担负着这个使命

If by my life or death I can protect you

我也会不惜牺牲生命来保护你

I will

只要我能 我就会

You have my sword

你有我的剑保护你

And you have my bow

你也有我的弓保护你

And my ax

还有我的斧头

You carry the fates of us all, little one

你背负着所有人的命运 小子

If this is indeed the will of the Council

如果大家都这么决定

then Gondor will see it done

那刚铎也参加一份

Frodo's not going anywhere without me .It is hardly possible to separate you

佛罗多走到哪儿我就跟到哪儿 这倒是的确是很难分开你们两个

even when he is summoned to a secret.Council and you are not

连秘密会议没请你 你也在

We're coming too!

我们也要去!

You'll have to send us home tied up in a sack to stop us

除非把我俩绑起来塞进袋子送回家 否则我们不会放弃

Anyway, you need people of intelligence on this sort of

无论如何 你们都用得到我们这样的聪明人 在这类的

mission

任务

Quest

探险

Thing

还是其它什么的!

Well, that rules you out, Pip

嗯 皮聘聪明人? 你觉得你是吗?

Nine companions

9个人

So be it

就这么办吧

You shall be the Fellowship of the Ring

你们就是" 魔戒远征军 "

Great!

太好了!

Where are we going?

我们现在要去哪儿?

 

as long as it is yours to bear 只要你还担负着这个使命

as long as:只要

I don't mind as long as it doesn't rain.

只要不下雨就行了。

As long as live, I will help you.

只要我活着,我都会帮助你。

You'll have to send us home tied up in a sack to stop us 除非把我俩绑起来塞进袋子送回家,否则我们不会放弃

tie up:扎绑

Can you tie up this parcel for me?

你能替我捆好这个包裹吗?

tie oneself (up) in knots陷入困境

Even the experts can tie themselves in knots.

就连专家也会把自己弄糊涂。

Anyway, you need people of intelligence on this sort of无论如何,你们都用得到我们这样的聪明人,在这类的

this sort of:这种

This sort of wet weather plays hell with my chest.

这种潮湿天气对我的肺有害。

Too much of this sort of work turns your brain.

这种工作做多了会让你头脑发昏。

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/mjjj/521635.html