《绝望的主妇》精讲232(在线收听

DANIELLE: Why can't we ever have normal soup?

我们为什么不能喝普通一点的汤?

BREE: Danielle, there is nothing abnormal about basil puree.

Danielle,罗勒汤没什么不正常的啊。

DANIELLE: Just once, can we have a soup that people have heard of? Like, french onion or navy bean.

只要一次就好,难到我们不能喝点大家都知道的汤?就像法国洋葱或者是菜豆?

BREE: First of all, your father can't eat onions, he's deadly allergic. And I won't even dignify your navy bean suggestion. So. How's the osso bucco?

你们的父亲不能吃洋葱,他对这个极度过敏。还有,你那个关于菜豆的建议我是不会考虑的。那么……炖小牛胫怎么样?

ANDREW: It's OK.

可以。

BREE: It's OK? Andrew, I spent 3 hours cooking this meal. How do you think it makes me feel when you say it's OK, in that sullen tone?

可以?Andrew,我花了3个小时准备晚餐。你觉得如果我听到有人用那种闷闷的口气跟我说“可以”我是什么感觉?

ANDREW: Who asked you to spend 3 hours on dinner?

没人让你花3个小时做晚餐?

BREE: Excuse me?

什么?

ANDREW: Tim Harper's mom gets home from work, pops open a can of pork and beans, and boom, they're eating, everyone's happy.

Tim Harper的妈妈下班后才回家,开一罐猪肉大豆罐头,他们就这么吃,每个人都吃得很开心。

BREE: You'd rather I serve pork and beans?

你情愿我给你们做大豆或是猪肉?

DANIELLE: Apologize now, I am begging.

现在给我道歉。

ANDREW: I'm just saying, do you always have to serve cuisine? Can't we ever just have food?

我是说,你干嘛总要弄这些来显示你的厨艺呢?难道我们不能就是吃饭而已?

BREE: Are you doing drugs?

你磕药了么?

ANDREW: What!?

什么?

BREE: Change in behaviour is one of the warning signs, and you have been as fresh as paint for the last 6 months. That certainly would explain why you're always locked in the bathroom.

怪异的行为是一种信号,之前半年都很正常。这个就是你总是把自己关在浴室里的原因么。

DANIELLE: Trust me, that is not what he is doing

相信我,他绝对没有那么做。

ANDREW: Shut up. Mom, I'm not the one with the problem here, alright? You're the one always acting like she's running for mayor of Stepford.

闭嘴。妈妈,这儿有问题的人不是我,明白么?你总是搞得好像你要去竞选Stepford市市长一样。

BREE: Rex. Seeing as you're the head of this household, I would really appreciate you saying something.

Rex... 你是一家之主,你不应该说点什么么?

REX: Pass the salt?

把盐给我?

NARRATOR: Three days after my funeral, Lynette replaced her grief with a much more useful emotion indignation.

葬礼后的3天,Lynette调试了自己的心情,不再悲痛,而是愤怒。

LYNETTE: Tom, this is my 5th message and you still haven't called me back. Well, you must be having a lot of fun on your business trip. I can only imagine. Well, guess what, the kids and I wanna have some fun too, so unless you call me back by noon, we are getting on a plane and joining you.

Tom,这是我的第五通留言了,你还不给我回话。我相信你在外面一定玩得很开心吧。我可以想象。猜猜看……我和孩子们也要出去玩玩。除非你中午之前给我回电话,我们正在飞机上,马上就加入你们。

PRESTON: Mom!

妈妈!

LYNETTE: Not now, honey, Mommy's threatening Daddy.

等等,宝贝,我正在威胁你爸爸。

PRESTON: Mom!

妈妈。

LYNETTE: No, I am not... Where're your brothers?

不,我……你兄弟呢?

PORTER: Noodles, my favourite!

面条,我的最爱。

SHOPPER: Lynette Scavo?

Lynette Scavo?

LYNETTE: Crap. Natalie Klein, I don't believe it!

废话。Natalie Klein. 真不敢相信。

SHOPPER: Lynette! How long has it been?

Lynette. 我们多久没见了?

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/jwdzfjj/522349.html