《绝望的主妇》精讲240(在线收听

MIKE: Wow, what happened?

哦,出什么事情了?

SUSAN: Mike!

Mike!

NARRATOR: And suddenly, there he was, like a phoenix rising from the ashes.

突然,他出现了,就像凤凰浴火重生。

SUSAN: I, I thought you were... um. Where were you?

我……我……我以为……呃,你去哪里了?

MIKE: I just got back from the movies. Edie had a fire, huh?

我刚去看电影了,Edie 家起火了,呃?

SUSAN: Yeah. Yeah, but she's fine now. Everything's fine now.

是的,是的,但是她现在很好,一切都很好。

NARRATOR: And just like that, Susan was happy. Life was suddenly full of possibilities.

就像这样,Susan 开心起来。生命充满了……各种各样的可能。

NARRATOR: Not to mention a few unexpected surprises.

还有一些想不到的惊喜。

MAN: Hello?

喂?

MIKE: Hey, it's me.

喂,是我。

MAN: Do you have anything yet.

你得到什么了?

MIKE: No, not yet, but don't worry. I'm definitely getting closer.

还没。不过别担心,很快就可以到手了。

SUSAN: I brought some champagne. I thought we should all have a toast.

我拿了点香槟,我想我们应该干一杯。

NARRATOR: The next day, my friends came together to pack away my clothes, my personal belongings, and what was left of my life.

第二天,我的朋友聚在一起收拾我的衣服,还有一些私人物品,还有一些遗物。

SUSAN: Alright ladies, lift them up. To Mary Alice, good friend and neighbor. Wherever you are, we hope you've found peace.

好了,大家,举杯。为 Mary Alice,一个好朋友,好邻居。不管你在哪里,都希望你能得到安宁。

LYNETTE: To Mary Alice.

为Mary Alice。

GABRIELLE: To Mary Alice.

为Mary Alice。

LYNETTE: Let's get this show on the road.

把这个搬到路上。

GABRIELLE: You guys check out Mary Alice's clothes? Size 8, hah! She always told me she was a size 6. Guess we found the skeleton in her closet.

你们检查过Mary Alice的衣服了?8号的?哈!她说她穿6号的。看看我们能不能在她的衣橱里发现什么。

NARRATOR: Not quite, Gabrielle, not quite.

等等,Gabrielle,等等。

GABRIELLE: What's that?

这是什么?

BREE: It's a letter, addressed to Mary Alice.

一封给Mary Alice的信。

NARRATOR: How ironic, to have something I tried so desperately to keep secret, treated so casually.

多么讽刺,如此拼命的守住这个秘密,这么偶然。

LYNETTE: What're you doing? That's private.

这是什么?这是私人物品。

GABRIELLE: It's open, what's the big deal?

它自己掉出来的,没什么大不了的?

SUSAN: What does this mean?

这是什么意思?

LYNETTE: I don't know, but check out the postmark.

我不知道,但是你们看邮戳。

BREE: Oh my god, she got it the day she died.

哦,天!是她自杀的那天。

GABRIELLE: Do you think this is why she...?

你觉得这会不会就是她自杀的原因……

NARRATOR: I'm so sorry, girls. I never wanted you to be burdened with this.

我很抱歉,我从没想过让你们承受这些。

SUSAN: Oh Mary Alice, what did you do?

Mary Alice,你到底做了什么?

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/jwdzfjj/522357.html