《绝望的主妇》精讲249(在线收听

Narrator: After I died, I began to surrender the parts of myself that were no longer necessary. My desires, beliefs, ambitions, doubts—every trace of my humanity was discarded.

在我死后,我呈交出自己不再需要的部分。我的欲望,信仰,野心,疑虑 —人性中的每一抹痕迹都被丢弃。

I discovered when moving through eternity, it helps to travel lightly. In fact, I held on to only one thing,my memory.

在穿越来生的时候,我发现那使我能轻装上路。事实上,我只保留了一样东西,我的记忆。

It's astonishing to look back on the world I left behind. I remember it all —every single detail.

回头看自己身后的世界真是令人吃惊。我记得所有事情,每一个细节。

Like my friend Bree Van De Kamp. I remember the easy confidence of her smile, the gentle elegance of her hands, the refined warmth of her voice.

就像我的朋友Bree Van De Kamp。我记得她那悠闲镇定的微笑。她那举止优雅的双手,她那优雅温和的声音。

But what I remember most about Bree...

但Bree给我印象最深刻的是…….

Rex, wasn't that lovely –

Rex,那真是可爱,不是吗 –

was the look of fear in her eyes.

她眼中的恐惧。

Bree had started to realize her world was unraveling, and for a woman who despised loose ends, that was unacceptable.

Bree已经开始意识到她的世界正在被瓦解,对于一个凡事讲究完美的女人而言,那是无法接受的。

Bree: Rex. Rex. You need to get up.

Rex,Rex,你应该起来了。

Rex: It's not even light out.

天都还没亮。

Bree: Please hurry. If the kids see you sleeping down here, they're going to start asking questions.

请快点。如果孩子们看到你睡在这里,他们会开始问一些问题。

Rex: Let 'em ask. I don't care anymore.

让他们问吧,我不再介意了。

Bree: Well, I care. They don't need to be burden with our marital problems. While we're working things out, the least we can do is try to keep up appearances.

但是我介意。他们不应当承受我们婚姻问题的压力。当我们解决这些事情的时候,我们至少应该试着保持体面。

Rex: Oh, yeah. Appearances. I keep forgetting about appearances.

哦,是的,体面。我一直忘记要保持体面。

Bree: Oh, Rex, you look so tired.

哦,Rex,你看起来很累。

Rex: I didn't sleep. This damn thing is so uncomfortable.

我睡不着。这该死的东西让人真不舒服。

Bree:Well, why don't you move back upstairs and sleep in our bed?

那你为什么不搬回楼上我们的卧室睡?

Rex:We're in marriage counseling, Bree. I think that would confuse things.

Bree,我们在咨询婚姻顾问。我不想因此而引起误解。

Bree: It's just I miss you.

只是我想你。

Rex: I know you do. Of course, if I don't find out start getting some sleep, pretty soon. I'll be forced to move back upstairs out of sure exhaustion.

我知道。当然,如果我不能想办法睡着,很快。我就会精疲力竭而被迫搬回楼上。

Narrator:Yes, Bree was afraid of many things, but if there was one thing she wasn't afraid of...

是的,Bree害怕很多东西,但是如果说有哪样东西她不怕……

It was a challenge.

那就是挑战。

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/jwdzfjj/522366.html