趣味英语第42期:怎样才能成为格兰芬多(在线收听

Lyndan Armytage asks:

林丹·阿米蒂奇问道:

"what does it take to become a Gryffindor at Hogwarts?"

“怎样才能成为霍格沃茨魔法学校的格兰芬多?”

Well, I can't give you too much advice on that 'cause I have not seen those movies.

我不能给你太多建议,因为我没看过那些电影。

I actually didn't watch Harry Potter, like any of them, or read the books, so I don't know!

我没看过《哈利·波特》,既没看过电影,也没看过书,所以我不知道!

Study really hard.

非常努力地学习。

Be a good student, get good grades.

成为优秀的学生,获得优秀的成绩。

Watch all the Harry Potter movies and see what all the Gryffindors do.

把所有《哈利·波特》电影看一遍,看看那些格兰芬多是怎么做的。

You have to have courage! And be brave and just wear a lot of red and gold.

你需要勇气!要勇敢,而且要穿红色和金色的衣服。

It just takes you being strong-hearted and just brave and noble because you gotta be a beast.

要拥有强大的内心、要勇敢、高尚,因为你要成为野兽。

Be a nice, good person because Gryffindors are nice, good people that have to overcome difficulties, but they're heroes.

成为善良的好人,因为格兰芬多都是好人,他们要克服很多困难,他们是英雄。

Melincat wants to-oh, I love that username.

Melincat想知道,哦,我喜欢这个用户名。

"How do I convince my friends that the rumors going on about me are not true?"

“怎么说服我的朋友那些有关我的传言都不是真的?”

Be mature and move on.

成熟一些,继续你的生活。

Act like you never heard the rumors. Never acknowledge the rumors. Never talk about the rumors.

表现出你从来没听到过那些传言的样子。绝对不要承认那些传言。也不要谈论那些传言。

Try to find out who started those rumors and be like, "Why did you say that about me?"

试着去查明是谁开始散布的谣言,问那个人“你为什么要这么说我?”

Go to the source of the rumors and say you want to have a chat and discuss what they're about, why they are they doing this.

去找谣言的来源,跟那个人说你想谈谈,弄清楚为什么他们要做这样的事。

Many times it's just because they're jealous of you, so they'll make up a rumor to try and put you down, but ignore them.

许多时候是因为他们嫉妒你,所以他们才会编造谣言试图打击你,忽略那些谣言就好了。

You just tell them they're not true. If they're your friends, they'll believe you!

告诉你的朋友那些谣言不是真的。如果他们是你的朋友,他们就会相信你的!

Tell them that you don't like that, or you could say you're not gonna be their friend anymore.

跟他们说你不喜欢那些谣言,或者你可以说你不会再跟他们做朋友了。

Tell them that they're not true, and if they don't believe you then they're not your true friends.

告诉他们谣言不是真的,如果他们不相信你,那他们就不是你真正的朋友。

If they are good friends, they're gonna believe you. If they think that you're lying, then they might not be the best friends for you.

如果他们是你的好朋友,他们会相信你的。如果他们认为你在说谎,那他们就不是你最好的朋友。

You don't even have to. If you know for sure the rumors aren't true about you, then don't give in because that's how they win.

你没必要去说服你的朋友。如果你确定那些谣言不是真的,那就不要屈服,因为这样会让那些人得逞。

Your real friends, they'll know how you roll and what's true and what's not without even asking you, okay? So don't even worry about that. Keep your circle small.

你真正的朋友知道你是怎样的人,他们不用问你就知道哪些是真实的哪些是假的。所以不要为这些事担心。交友的圈子尽量小一些。

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/qwyy/522699.html