《美食从天而降》精讲 08(在线收听

Don't you think it's time to give up this inventing thing, get a real job?

难道你不觉得应该放弃所谓的发明而是去找个真正的工作吗?  

No, why?

不觉得啊,怎么了?  

Well, all your technology stuff, it just ends in disaster.

所有这些科技发明最终都以灾难收尾。  

The ratbirds, yes, they escaped and bred at a surprising rate.

那些老鼠鸟,它们跑了并作为种诡异的老鼠开始繁殖。  

But I took care of that problem and disposed of them.

但我研究了这个问题并解决了啊。  

Billy, just play dead. Billy.

装死就行了。  

Flint, you don't keep throwing your net where there aren't any fish. Flint,

你这是猴子捞月亮。  

What? I want you to work full-time.

啥?我希望你能在钓具店。  

at the tackle shop. The tackle shop? Dad, no.

干全职钓具店?老爸,我不要。  

Tackle is a good career.

卖钓具是个好行当。  

Please, I'm so close with this one.

求你了,我已经胜利在望了。  

I just have to hook it up to the power station and give it power and it'll work.

只要连上发电站,通上电就搞定了。  

And then you could sell food in the shop.

然后你就能在在这个店里卖食物。 

and then everyone won't have to eat sardines anymore.

那样所有人都不用再吃沙丁鱼了。  

It is going to be so awesome.

帅死了。  

I'm sorry, son.

不好意思,儿子。  

Dad, I know I can do this.

老爸,我知道我能胜任的。  

No more inventing.

不准再发明。  

And Mom did too.

妈妈也这么认为。  

It had been almost 10 years since Mom died.

妈妈去世快十年了。  

and Dad still didn't understand me like she did.

但老爸还是无法像妈妈那样理解我。  

Come on. Let's open the shop.

过来,开店了。  

Tim and Son Sardine Bait and Tackle.

Tim父子沙丁鱼钓具店,感觉怎样?  

You feeling it?Look out, Baby Brent!

当心,婴儿Brent!  

Baby Brent Sardines.

婴儿Brent牌沙丁鱼。  

Hand-packed in Swallow Falls.

店手工包装。  

As your mayor, I know it's time to put our sardine-canning past behind us.

作为你们的镇长,我知道现在是时候 忘记你们面前的沙丁鱼罐头。 

and look to the future.

展望未来了。  

Sardine tourism!

沙丁鱼旅游业!  

That's why, without consulting anyone.

这就是我为什么,没有与人讨论过。  

I spent the entire town budget on the thing that is under this tarp.

就把镇子的所有预算 花在我今天中午。  

which I will be unveiling today at noon.

会揭开在这帆布下的东西。  

Featuring a live appearance by Baby Brent himself.

会由婴儿Brent自己现场呈现。  

What is up, everybody?

大家觉得怎么样呢?  

Hey. Hey, it's Baby Brent.

嘿,那是婴儿Brent。

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/dymsctejjj/522971.html