《唐顿庄园》精讲140 你为何要上学?(在线收听

Don't stay too long.

别待太久

Let them have an early night.

让他们早些收拾

Sybil, darling, why would you want to go to a real school?

Sybil 你怎么想到去学校上课

You're not a doctor's daughter.

你又不是医生的女儿

Nobody learns anything from a governess.

家庭教师还能教什么

Apart from French and how to curtsy.

除了法语以及礼节

What else do you need?

你还想学什么

Well, there's...

这个

Are you thinking of a career in banking?

你难道想到银行上班

No. But it is a noble profession.

不 但这是个体面的职业

Things are different in America.

可不是 美国人还住帐篷呢

I know. They live in wigwams.

我知道 他们可都去上学

And when they come out of them, they go to school.

在美国 上学就很正常

If you wait in the library, I'll tell Papa you're here.

你到藏书室等 我让爸爸过去

Thank you.

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/tdzyjj/523836.html