《IT狂人》精讲 34(在线收听

Well then I can just go... No Jen! It's just a boring old store room, that's all.

那我就进去... 不行,珍!那后面只是个破烂储藏室,就是那样。

It's just a store room where we keep the snibbits.

就是放杂物的储藏室而已。

What's a snibbit?

什么杂物?

It's a kind of planch.

就一是种板子。

A planch for the computers?

电脑里的板子?

Yes. Computer planch.

对,电脑板。

Oh, well, if it's a store room, we can store some of this stuff. No! Jen, Jen!

如果是储藏室的话,我们可以把这些东西都堆进去。不行不行,珍!

Look, I know that you wanna make your mark down here and, and that's really sweet.

我知道你想大显身手,让这儿焕然一新,你这想法不错。

But, you can't just go messing around with the snibbits store room, willynilly.

可你不能的胡乱收拾装乱七八糟的储藏室。

You...you can't upset the whole harmony of the place.

你... 你不能破坏这里的整体和谐。

Harmony! What harmony?

和谐!这哪儿有和谐?

Look, I very know that the place looks like a bit of a mess, but it's actually a very delicate ecosystem.

我知道这里看起来有点乱,但它们却是一套非常脆弱生态系统。

Everything is connected. It's like the rainforest.

万物都是有联系的。就像热带雨林。

You change one thing, even the tiniest bit, and the whole rainforest dies.

改变其中一环,哪怕是一丁点儿,整个雨林就会遭到灭顶之灾。

You don't want the rainforest to die, do you?

你不想让雨林毁灭吧?

No, I really don't want the rainforest to die.

不,我真的不想让雨林灭亡。

That's what will happen if you open the red door.

打开那扇红门,雨林就会灭亡。

Hello, I.T. , have you tried turning it off and on again?

你好,IT部,你试过重启了吗?

Ok, but are you sure that it's plugged in? Ok, well I'll be up in a minute.

好,但你确定电源插好了吗?好的,我马上就来。

What was that about?

怎么回事啊?

Just a girl on four.

四楼一姑娘电脑有毛病了。

Oh, a job? You gonna go?

有活干了?你要上去吗?

Yeah. In a while. It can wait.

是。等会儿。不急。

But why can it wait? She probably needs to get on, she needs her computer, you know.

为什么不急?说不定她要继续工作,正需要电脑呢。

Yeah well, I am reading a comic.

我漫画没看完呢。

I knew it. Every time I used to phone I.T. in my last job, it's a good couple of hours before someone got to me.

我就知道。我在以前的公司,每次打电话给IT部修电脑,都要过好几个小时才来人修。

That is how we do it. You can't go up straight away or they'll all expect it. You're killing the rainforest! Stop saying that!

那就是我们的工作方法。不能随叫随到,否则他们会得寸进尺。你要毁了热带雨林的!别再提那茬了!

Look there's more than that: me and this girl, I asked her out once, she said no, it all got a little bit embarrassing and ever since then whenever I go up, she treats me like I'm some sort of sexually frustrated cretin.

事情大概是这样:我和这个姑娘有段过去。我约过她,但被拒绝了,有点小尴尬。从那以后每次我上去,她把我当成饥渴的花痴。

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/itkrjj/524207.html