《IT狂人》精讲 38(在线收听

Are you sure it's okay to come out?

你确定我可以出来吗?

Yeah, don't you worry about those two. And listen Richmond, I've always wanted to know yeah, why do you never see any Cockney Goths?

当然行,别担心那两个家伙。瑞蒙,我一直想知道,为什么总看不见伦敦东区的哥特呢?

They're too cheerful. It's spoil it for the rest of us.

他们太欢乐了。对我们来说那就不是哥特了。

And how come you never see Goths driving cars?

为什么见不到哥特开车呢?

We drive cars. We're just like you really, except that we listen to Cradle of Filth.

我们开车啊。我们和你们没什么两样,除了一点,我们听"污秽摇篮"。

Cradle of Filth? I presume that's a band. It's not literally a cradle of filth?

"污秽摇篮"?我猜是个乐队的名字吧。不会真的是藏污纳垢的摇篮吧?

Oh no. That would be horrible! Cradle of Filth are actually one the best contemporary darkwave bands in the world. I'll never forget the first time I heard them.

不是,那太可怕了!污秽摇篮是当代世界上最棒的暗潮乐队之一了。我永远忘不了第一次听他们歌的情形。

Changed my life. Blew my mind. I was lucky I discovered them when I did!

改变了我的人生,席卷了我的心灵。我庆幸自己在彼时与他们邂逅!

I think it was around that time that things started to go wrong for me at work.

大概从那时起,我的工作开始出现问题了。

I don't know what happened. Suddenly, people just weren't returning my calls.

我不知这是为何。突然之间,大家都不回我电话了。

In my strategy meetings, they'd seemed distracted. Distant.

在公司战略大会上,他们心不在焉,神情冷漠。

I couldn't put my finger on it, but something was wrong.

我不知原因为何,但事情就是不对劲。

I'll tell you. It was good to have the Filth to come home to after another disappointing day.

我跟你讲,我万分庆幸在这样让人沮丧低落的日子里还有"污秽"乐队陪伴。

You've got to help Roy! Richmond's out of his room. He's not in his room, he's supposed to be in his room. Why is he out of his room?

你快去帮帮罗伊!瑞蒙从房间里出来了。他不在他房间了,他本应在他房间里的。他为什么从房间里出来了?

Well, he's gotta come out and play with us for a while.

他要出来跟我们玩一会儿。

But the rainforest and...

但是雨林就...

What's wrong with you Moss?

莫斯你怎么了?

Roy's stuck underneath a lady's desk.

罗伊被困在女人桌子下面了。

What! Still? !

什么!还在桌子下吗?!

Look, I know that normally this would be very funny, but he's been under there too long for reasonable explanation.

我知道一般情况下这种事挺搞笑的,但他在下面困太久,就很难有合理解释了。

That woman looks down, she's going to assume he's a desk rabbit.

那女人低头一看,会把他当成桌兔的。

What's a desk rabbit? I just made that up.

桌兔是什么?我自己编的。

But that's probably going to be what they'll sort of call people like Roy. But Roy is not a desk rabbit, he's my best friend. Unless you do something, it's gonna to you, me and Tim Burton over there.

但桌兔很可能会变成罗伊这类人的外号。但罗伊不是桌兔,他是我的好朋友。要是你不做点什么,那就会成为你、我和那个蒂姆伯顿的外号了。

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/itkrjj/524211.html