《丑女贝蒂》精讲 07初到米得公司(在线收听

Amanda: Oh, my god. Hi. You the "before"?

我……的……天!嗨,你是“化妆前”?

Before and after…the photo shoot. Are you delivering something?

化妆前,化妆后拍照的时候。你是来送东西的?

Betty: Oh, no! No. I…I work here.

不! 不是!我……我来工作的。

Amanda: For?

替谁工作?

Betty: For the new editor in chief.

新任总编。

Amanda: So everyone's in the conference room,

所有人都在会议室。Daniel马上要召开他的第一次职员会议。

and Daniel's about to start his first staff meeting. I’m Amanda, by the way.

顺便说下, 我是Amanda。

Betty: Betty.

我是Betty。

Amanda: Okay,F.Y.I. , Betty, assistants are usually here before their bosses.

好的, 跟你说一下, Betsy,助理们通常应该比上司先到。

Betty: Oh, well, I was filling out paperwork in H.R.

我刚才在人力资源部填表格。

Amanda: Yeah, just don't let it happen again. So, uh, where do you come from?

是吗,以后不能这样了。那你打哪儿来的?

Betty: Queens.

皇后区。

Amanda: What job did you have?

以前干过什么?

Betty: Oh, actually, apart from internships and part-time jobs to pay for school, this is my first real job.

实际上,除了实习和做兼职挣学费这是我第一份真正的工作。

Amanda: That's funny.I was told I didn't have enough experience for the position.

很有意思。他们跟我说,对于这个职位我的经验还不够。

Amanda: It's over there.

在那边。

Betty: You are an attractive, intelligent, confident businesswoman.

你是一个有魅力,聪明,自信的职业女性。

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/cnbdjj/524556.html