《丑女贝蒂》精讲 28受到父亲训斥(在线收听

Mr. Meade: Fabia's not just talking about canceling... the "Mode" supplement.

Fabia并不仅仅要取消《时尚》的增刊。

She's considering... pulling advertising from every single one of my magazines.

她还在考虑……把所有我的杂志上的广告都撤下来。

Is it true you worked on this on your own?

这真的都是你一个人干的吗?

And didn't consult Wilhelmina or anyone else?

没有和ELMINA或者其他人商议?

Daniel: Look, I can explain.

听我说,我可以解释,

I had…I had a very strong feeling she was trying to sabotage me.

我有强烈的预感她在破坏我的工作。

Mr. Meade: The only person who sabotaged you was yourself.

能破坏你的工作的只有你自己。

Daniel: Sorry I let you down.

不好意思让您失望了。

Mr. Meade: Well, I'm sorry I keep hoping you'll be something,

嗯,我后悔了。我还一直期望你能做好的,

you're clearly not.

但显然你没有。

My leg is cramping.

我腿酸死了。

Daniel: Look, I can fix this.

瞧,我可以补救。

Present I'll just present her with a whole new idea.

我会给她另外出一个主意。

Mr. Meade: We just closed book. It's too late.

到此为止吧,太晚了。

Daniel: Tomorrow morning. Please.

明天一早,求你了。

Give me another chance.

再给我次机会。

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/cnbdjj/524577.html